Miles Morales

>Still around after 6 years

Seriously? I'd figured he'd at least be overhauled by quite a bit by now.

He's only been through one reboot. Give it a while!

6 years of Bendis comics is like 2 to 3 years of a regular comic due to the decompression and stuff.

Is this another mile hate thread?

He's Spider-Man, he's black and he's Bendis' baby. Don't expect him to go away any time soon.

Not really hate, just confused as to why a character created to save a dying (now completely dead) line of comics is still around. He failed his purpose and there's no hook to read about him anymore.

When his creator has huge editorial influence you're stuck with doing what he wants rather than what would be interesting for the character.

Give him to a writer well versed in psychological and existential horror.

He has been, his current character is misused by most of the writers. He went from being "Why do I have to be the 'black' spiderman instead of just being Spider-man" to being proud of being a black spiderman. He nods and grins when Luke Cage goes "Spider-man is now a person of color, be great!" and things like that.

In Champions he acts like a plank of wood and basically has Kamala talking at him for exposition rather than having him say stuff.

His own book is kinda interesting but I haven't read it recently to see if it is still good or if it went south.

>Man, even Cage thinks I'm the "black" Spider-Man.
>I should say something to him.
>But if I piss him off it could lower my chances of a Misty Knight and Colleen Wing team-up.
>Is my moral outrage worth the chance of hot women in skintight leather kicking ass?
>Yes. Yes, it is.

>He's Spider-Man
If that were true, it wouldn't need mentioning all the time
He's spider-boy pretending to be spider-man while Spider-man pretends to be Ironman

Why does he have an electric power, anyway?

Because he's actually the Ultimate version of Spider-Woman, as opposed to Ultimate Spider-Woman, who was the Ultimate version of Ben Reilly.

He's been totally overhauled user, he went from being the totally coolest best Spider-Man around in the Ultimate Universe to being the totally coolest best Spider-Man around with the bestest costume ever in the 616 universe and also he's banging Gwen because he's great and has the biggest spider dick.

God, I actually wish this was true and a thing Bendis had done on purpose instead of just a weird coincidence.

Because he's black you silly billy

He feels like a different character in other books, too. In one issue of Kamala's book, he was a smug little shit. In Gwenpool's, he was the strict straight-man who didn't put up with Gwen's crap.

He's black. Every black man has electricity powers, user

It was definitely on purpose for Ult. Spider-Woman being Ult. Scarlet Spider; as for Miles, it's no secret that Bendis likes Jess and probably wanted to include some elements of her in Miles.

He has no personality, so writers just make one up for him on the fly. The result is he's a different person in every book he appears in.

Yeah I know the Jess=Ben thing was on purpose.

I'm sure the venom blast itself is likely a throwback to 616 Jess but I wish he'd just gone all out with it and given him her full set of powers instead of just "all of Peter's powers, but also new and better ones". Would've made him a more interesting character desu.

All I heard was Miles is trans or something

That's being far too generous. 6 years of a Bendis series would be about 6 months of any other writer.

Considering that Jess has all of Pete's abilities except for Spider-Sense, along with flight, mind control, and venom blast, Jess already had the "all of Pete's powers, but also new and better ones" on lockdown. Miles just traded flight and pheromone control for Spider-Sense and limited invisibility.

True, but when you consider that Pete's entire powerset is
>spider-sense
>stick'em powers
>strength/durability
>agility

Spider-sense makes a pretty big difference, if they'd NOT given Miles that, but given him the rest of Jessica's powers (or just most of them) instead of the invisibility I think it'd have been a kind of neat twist. Also would have been nice to give him some kind of origin for his powers more similar to Jessica's instead of "lol he got bit by another spider just like the one Peter did, but this one is better".

Considering that something like 90% of Ultimate origins were "trying to make a better Captain America" I think it fits fine.

Yeah but it could've been a different attempt instead of literally just another spider Osborn made that got forgotten and for some reason was still alive and right where they left it way after it should've been dead/gone.

Not much to overhaul. He's been unnecessary and a massive bore from the start. But he's black and Marvel's entire goal with this is to race-replace Spider-Man straight out of his webs, so he will not go anywhere.

It kind of hilarious, it's obvious at this point they don't actually care about pushing Miles anymore (well other than Bendis, anyway) but they can't just sweep him under the rug because they'd catch way too much shit for it. So we get Miles appearances all over the place that nobody cares about, including the writers.

Why do all of the knock off spiders have better powers than the orginal? It's confusing

You have to remember that Bendis isn't an adult

When you think of a child creating a character, it's "Like (character) but with (more powers)"
And thus we have Miles

Kaine had the Other inhabiting him and Jessica Drew's just too bat-shit insane to read into, so I can't comment on her

So when are they going to revert this "diverse" Marvel Universe back into how things are supposed to be?

I think he's a superfluous addition to the marvel universe but I can at least see potential in him.

I figured he'd get his supporting cast expanded, a love interest that isn't some other hero, and get a personal rogues gallery instead of just fighting other heroes' enemies.

Apparently he hasn't done any of that shit and I've heard he still wins his fights with his spider tasers?

Will this character only become interesting if someone besides Bendis writes him?

>but I can at least see potential in him.
I thought he'd deal with being a smart kid in a poor black school, but nope, he won the lottery to smart-rich white people school

Truly disappointing

That's actually a decent hook on its own and could tie-in decently with some other character beats. Miles is upset about being the "black" Spider-Man because he's the "black" student at school.

Its proof we live in a world of shit. A world infested by man haters and race facists that want to take it over into a forced ghetto femenist hell. And the people on the other side of the spectrem are jesus freaks and climate change deniers. I dont even know why i fucking get up in the morning.

You shouldn't, kill yourself. It's the only way.

Oh im thinking about it user

Because they need to make them special and different somehow

>Will this character only become interesting if someone besides Bendis writes him?

No, other writers have. It's clear they have no idea what to do with him/don't care too much for him.

If Marvel's /that/ desperate for a teenage spider character then just fold Mayday into 616.

Oh, and have Peter adopt her in the same way Uncle Ben did with him. That way we can have Peter growing as a character (taking care of this child from an alternate timeline) and have the writers wank off to the fact that there's a hip young spider.

He's a Bendis character, so he's only had about two and a half story arcs.

But his name's spelled Myles now.

It's a testament to Bendis's power that he can even keep the marketing people from giving Miles his own unique superhero ID for the merch.

What was it the TV people used? Kid arachnid?