Bella Swan was a bigger Mary Sue than Rey, agree?

Bella Swan was a bigger Mary Sue than Rey, agree?

Agreed I guess but I think people have a higher expectation for Star Wars over Twilight.

Women like mary sues because it makes it easier for them to self insert. Is that really a bad thing?

Bella swan was a literal mary sue though right?
Isn't the concept of twilight that it's the authors fan insert?

It's very hard to write female protagonists for a female audience and not make them a Mary Sue. They MUST be perfect from scratch as they are the audience's dream projection of what they believe they are: perfect, beautiful angels who must be worshiped and adored.

Fiction for men is either intellectually challenging or comedic.

Fiction for women MUST be wet pussy dream fantasy.

Since Disney wants to maximize profit and market SW to an audience that did not previously accept it - women - they need to go this route.

Go ahead and PROVE I'm wrong with an example. Show me one movie targeted for female audiences that is not under these rules.

Correct.

I believe James Bond is a Gary Stu. Flemming's self insert character and I find it boring desu

Have you actually read the books or are you just speaking out of the movie's portrayals?

yes

OT Princess Leia?

Krager pls 2 go

I don't mean a character, I mean a MOVIE. SW was not made to please women.

maREY sue now go back 2 caves

>Female film archetype #2b love triangle between two hot dudes.

She’s not a Mary Sue she’s just a template meant for self-insert

>people have a higher expectation for Star Wars over Twilight

But user...Star Wars turned into Twilight in Space with this new trilogy.

Such s plain face. Why is she so fucking hot tho?

Bella wasn't a Mary Sue until after she became a vampire in the fifth and final installment

Up until that point she was totally helpless and vulnerable at all times, even the pic in OP is from her almost dying because a van ran her over

>Show me one movie targeted for female audiences that is not under these rules
Room
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Mildred Pierce
Monster

>Women like mary sues because it makes it easier for them to self insert
Everyone likes Mary Sues because it makes it easier for them to self insert
Do you think the popularity of Arnold Schwarzenegger is because of his acting?

Bella wasn't a mary sue and neither was Edward, and I hate that having a "mary sue" is bad somehow. I like it if it's done well.
ANyway, every character was well-developed in twilight, and its acrually a GREAT movie.

*tips divacup*

>t. has shit taste or has never watched twilight

protipL stop caring about other's reviews or memes

She definitely had better feet

Snyder himself isn't capable of such kino.

Bitch please Mary Sue exist in both gender

What the hell is this?

*tips spanx*

Twilight: Dawn of Justice.

She's a self-insert, but she's not a Mary Sue because she's not being introduced as perfect/better-than-everyone-else into an established world. She just smells good so the vampire wants her, but she was also childhood friends with a werewolf kid that has a thing for girl-next-door.

Twilight had so many good character actors in such a godawful film series, it's amazing

I would expect an average twilight fan to have a higher average IQ

nice meme, faggot.
Do you have na argument?

K I N O
I
N
O

>spanx*
What's that?

Well it had strong Christopher Walken effect too

There's people who hate Twilight but nobody ever watched that series and then said "Man, I hated Michael Sheen in Twilight, I wish he had fewer scenes"

>fiction for men is either intellectually challenging or comedic
which category does star wars (1977) belong to?

Agree, but the problem is, StarWars is a journey of the hero series. And it lives on the promise of evolving characters.
The promise in TFA was there, thats why many could live with it being just a new hope reboot. But with TLJ there come nothing, even "training" was instantly reached becaue script or composion of fight.
Thats why the outcry is bigger than with Bella.

>intellectually challenging
Its sci-fi, dummy.

>fiction
>sci-fi
>SCIENCE - FUCKING - FICTION

choose 3 faggot and kill yourself anyway

it still says science sweety.

Who the hell self inserts as an Arny character?

It's a chick flicks, nobody cares. But the cunts at Lucasfilm decided a boy franchise had to become a female franchise just because.

My armchair psychology diploma says the ones that cant push back. Like you would punch everyone you hate or did you wrong, but cant, because society, too weak or you have a morality that prevents you go full falling down.

That's not what Mary Sue means you humongues faggóts

hello, Neil Degrasse tyson

Its my pleasure to help you