Light sabers exist

>light sabers exist
>no light weapon equivalents of spears, bayonets, axes or nets
>no "light weapon" bubble where you can just run into your enemy

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is something that boggles me, in a universe where lightsabers exist, why isn't everyone holding one of these?

I think you used to need the force to use one, but apparently any ex stormtrooper can become a master just by picking one up now

They have light guns, why would you even need light spears or bayonets? kek

Also, swords are objectively more efficient than axes

Why the fuck would you need a light axe?

Almost as if it was an aesthetic choice for some kind of movie rather than a military choice for practical combat.
How do we explain this?
We may never know.

Because the focusing crystals are hard to find, the actual construction is a sith/jedi secret, and being force sensitive helps with not cutting your own damn limbs off. There have been non force sensitive lightsaber users in the past but they don't use it nearly as well

and a spear is objectively more efficient than a sword

Depends in the circunstance. I've only watched the original trilogy of Star Wars and in all situations a sword makes more sense than a spear

Also, they had fucking pistols, the whole argument is retarded. A pistol is always better than a sword or any melee weapon

Cause Optimus Prime has one

Why didn't people use swords in WW2? Retard. You don't need the force to turn it on but you need it to be useful.

>tfw lightsabers but no light grenades

jedi = samurai... samurai are known, in the west, for using swords. so, jedi use swords. yes, i know they use bows and arrows and spears and horses... light swords happened to be the best looking things to use.

Guess it's not much of a secret, as Luke was able to build the green one. Maybe Yoda taught him offscreen???

> no holy grenades

Dumb question, how is a lightsaber better than a regular steel sword?

In dueling a spear will beat a sword pretty much every time, swords are far easier to carry around though.

*blocks your soft reboot disguised as continuation of OT*

>Why didn't people use swords in WW2?
They did.

What the fuck you on about? There was also Darksabers and other shit. Ignorance.

>light could be used for shields
>not using the same light from sabers for a low effort battering ram

>Who are the Japanese
>Who are the British
>Who are the Chinese
Idiot.

you can hurt yourself with that shield, it's stupid

>years of training and natural ability needed to use it effectively
>you would literally just get shot/cut your own face off because every single person carries a gun and you don't have the mystical space juju to align a 2cm wide energy blade perfectly with dozens of incoming 2cm wide pewpews in a matter of seconds
>runs on a rare crystal which is the cause of wars itself, it's like asking why everyone on Earth doesn't carry around a solid gold diamond-studded desert eagle, or why everyone in lord of the rings doesn't wear a ring of power since they're so OP
>those retarded weapons exist, but only tryhard edgelords them because the techniques for using standard lightsabers have been honed for millennia and anybody practiced in those is going to wreck your shitty OC saber without breaking a sweat
>everyone who uses them, or tries dual wielding or some other contrarian nonsense, eventually gets wrecked by a guy with a normal lightsaber
>pic related are basically lightsaber doors, but they probably run on a generator the size of a car battery
>stability is a massive issue for lightsabers, it takes some of the franchise's most advanced and guarded engineering just to sustain a 3 foot blade, anything bigger and you're asking to lose fingers

>Why didn't people use swords in WW2?
they were and bayonets are still useful today

they were 100% irrelevant in ww2, you are proving his point

yeah you know what? in duelling, a sword will also always beat another sword every time.

Fucking what? Let's ignore the use of actual swords, you do know what bayonets essentially are, right?

Bayonet isn't the same as an actual sword, only the japs unironically used samurai swords in ww2

You cant block a lightsabre with a steel sword

Wasn't this the perfect time for Obi Wan to use the speed force run they used when they were escaping the droidekas?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

This motherfucker fought in WW2 with swords, bow and arrow, and old school armor.

Why use this over an submachinegun ?
There is a limit to the number if projectiles you can deflect. Irl, a jedi would be gunned down by any soldier with an rifle. The whole idea is stupid, so lets not try to think too much about it.

Fuck, Yeah.

han used it to cut open tauntaun in empire

a lightspear doesnt work because you cant use the handle for blocking, lightsaber can effortlessly cut your spear in half

There's no way he wasn't autistic or a complete psychopath. Did he bring a hatchet to scalp his enemies too?

he means using it in combat but you already knew that

There were several completely insane motherfuckers thrown loose on WW2, like Jack Churchill or Witold Pilecki. If 0.01% of the world is completely bonkers, when a war breaks out, you are bound to have those crazy fucks doing shit like this.

whats the difference assuming you are trained in melee combat?

>look up witold pilecki
>During World War II, he volunteered for a Polish resistance operation that involved being imprisoned in the Auschwitz death camp in order to gather intelligence and later escape.
What an absolute retard

A trained jedi can block incoming fire long enough to either force rip the gun from your hand or incapacitate you various other ways. Funny enough, lightsabers can't block actual bullets, which do exist. They're called slugthrowers and are considered barbaric

Wasn't that obvious?

No.

It certainly is a very useful tool. You can cut through metal walls with that thing and even toast bread.

COME ON REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE

I think you have to be a force user to be able to build a lightsaber

did light sabers replace the use of cutting with oxyacetylene? if so how did they get around the sight protection? are jedi's blind?

>You don't have the force
>Some random guy with a blaster starts firing at you
>You get shot and killed instantly because there's no way you are deflecting bullets without the force
It's not that hard to figure out. You're wondering why someone doesn't use a katana today when they're going up against a police officer.

what the fuck is this thread about

none of you memers actually watch star wars

greivous' right hand droids had light weapons, the praetorian guard all have unique light weapons, storm troopers have those light sticks now

*teleports behind you*

None of those are lighsaber technology, they're just vibroblades on steroids

>covering yourself in a bubble of plasma
This seems like a bad idea

>Because the focusing crystals are hard to find
Remember in the prequels when they pretty much gunned down every single one of the Jedi, did they just kick their light sabers into a ditch?

>Empire can forge a moon sized planet killer, and then planet sized galaxy killer.
>But cant figure out how to mine a few crystals.
or
>Those crystals where used to force the big buttfucking laser.

Everything jedi related was confiscated by the emperor. We saw in Rogue One that they were in the initial city to get the crystals from the jedi temple, they were all probably used for either the death star or other projects

That's actually something I would have enjoyed seeing, since the new set of movies had Snoke, I wanted to see his imperial guard be trained and having various type of light saber/ weaponry.

I'd certainly never use it because I'd get injured pretty quickly. I fully understand why normal people in the SW universe wouldn't go near those things