EoE or Godzilla. What's his best kino?

EoE or Godzilla. What's his best kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fMpI_bc3LrI
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9UtUzjUA5Q
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People always refer to Evangelion as a "deconstruction" of the mecha genre, having only seen Eva, wtf does this mean?

The Mecha genre generally follows a "monster of the week" format or other tropes from male-oriented mangas like heroic main characters, a constant threat by a defined villain, achieving victory against greater odds, etc. Eva pretty much flips the table on all these tropes by focusing very heavily on psychological and philosophical themes, using mechas and giant monsters mainly as a way to dig deeper into these ideas. Puella Madoka Magica did something similiar with the "magical girl" genre.

It means Eva is the only mecha anime they've seen and think that it's the first one that's character-focused and has a reluctant MC.

brainlets

yes

it is just a buzzword

3deep5you

Pretty much this. I know Evangelion is a mecha deconstruction although I've never seen another mecha anime. I don't think it's particularly important to know the ins-and-outs of mecha to enjoy Evangelion. EoE is unironically my favourite movie.

Could Sup Forums recommend me some decent mecha anime?

Godzilla was a deconstruction of the kaiju films

That is not what deconstruction is though. And it is most definitely not a table flip.

Gunbusters, Space Runaway Ideon, Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam is the essential "pretty good stories about people beating shit up in giant robots" core.

There's really no other mecha show like evangelion
If you want the complete opposite of eva, TTGL is exactly that

Can Evangelion really even be considered a mecha show? Eva units are not technically mechas and that whole story is window-dressing for the main theme of Evangelion anyway.

> Plot twist : the giant robots are actually electricity powered giant golems or whatever
> totally not a mecha though
yes it fucking is.
It's not in the sense that Eva's story actually has nothing to do with winning or losing robot fights.
But there are still robots beating shit up on a regular basis, hard to argue it's not mecha when this happens almost every episode.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Macross Plus
Patlabor 2: The Movie (watch The Early Days OVA and the first movie beforehand)
Blue Submarine No. 6
Ghost in the Shell, GitS 2, GitS: Stand Alone Complex
New Dominion Tank Police
Knights of Sidonia
Gurren Lagann
The Big O

Not big on mecha so they're just basic recs.

So Attack on Titan is a mecha show?
GOTTEM

Most of it has already been said but take this very simple example.
Eva is such a deconstruction that even getting inside the damn things is painful, causing a lot of physical and mental suffering to our characters.

A big focus early on is how Shinji deals with how fucking awful it is being inside an Eva unit.

I enjoyed me some shoujo mecha. Escaflowne
Rayearth

youtube.com/watch?v=fMpI_bc3LrI
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9UtUzjUA5Q

Why would it be ? Is the story focused on kids piloting flesh golems to beat alien up ?

You didn't know? In the first season the kid gets a giant titan he can pilot at whim by biting his finger and it immediately devolves into mecha tropes.

It actually kinda is.

Shit, i didn't know, I actually dropped it on episode 3 when some friends tried to convince me to watch it a few years back, probably around the time it came out.

AoT is great though. Probably a pleb opinion but I really enjoy it.

Mobile Suit Gundam already deconstructed the mecha genre. Anno just copied it, condensed it and dumped a bunch of religious imagery and allegory on top of it.

>Puella Madoka Magica did something similiar with the "magical girl" genre.
Wanna know how I know you've never watch a magical gurl show?

plz enlighten us senpai

That's something that has always put me off watching it. Having never seen Mecha anime (or any anime for that matter) the sort of tropes its subverting I feel would be lost on me. It's always something I'd like to see but I wonder if additional work needs to happen before I get to it.

Lol Attack of Titan and Logh are way better than amy gay gundam shit.

Watch Attack of Titan you dumb pleb. It is not DEEP meme.

It doesn't matter, just watch it. At the end of the day it boils down to the protagonists ranging from deeply flawed to perpetual fuck-ups instead of a plucky young kids with plenty to learn.

It's boring as fuck, so slow and has retards crying about how scared they are 50% of the time

As someone not familiar with it, the subversions will just come across as normal story beats. You're not missing anything without a background really. It's not on the nose at all with references or lampshade hanging or anything like that. It just comes across as a normal story.

AoT is the greatest anime of all time dumb pleb.

Gundam is too obsessed with looking cool and selling toys to come across as a deconstruction.

Godzilla is pretty much an Eva episode.

EoE is the greatest Eva episode(s).

So EoE.

Watch it. You don't need a background on gook studies to understand and enjoy it. the deconstruction aspect is marginal. What matters are the characters.
Don't listen to the faggots that tell you to watch Attack on Titan, it's just your usual shonen-in-a-seinen-setting-to-sell-more-copies-to-edgy-kids, not interesting in the slightest compared to Eva.
Eva is basically a deconstruction of bad shonen rather than mecha itself, it takes the usual character archetypes you find in this genre (normal kid a bit introvert, the most common self insert in anime) but takes seriously their psyche, their reactions and dialogues to what happens.
A generic shonen doesn't make sense in itself because his charactrers have both physical and psychological plot armor that allows them to be perfectly fine and psychologically balanced after 200 episodes of doing objectiveley horrendous shit that would scar anyone.
Evangelion takes the opposite approach and asks itself what would the consequences be on these kids psychology if someone told them to get in the fucking robot and risk their lives daily beating up the nuclear powered indestructible aliens to a pulp.

Shinji is pretty much the viewer, he jacks off to anime boobies and has bad family relationship and virgin because that's what anno thought of his fans.

No Attack on Titan>Everything else

Is being virgin at 14 such an oddity?

maybe to anno chad when thinking about his pathetic otaku fanbase he milks with anime masturbation toys

>because that's what anno thought of his fans.
That's what Anno himself is*

I am Japanese. I live in Japan, Do you like this deiter? In Japan he is no person, No one likes him, This is means you fly over Americans are bad for put him into many praise.

He was fine with the fans before they started sending death threats to him I think, he wanted escapists to face reality and society to be more understanding.
Of course all the fans think about is the waifushit.

>I can only watch YEEEEEEHAW animes like Jojo
user stop

Actually this.

I wish I was him, getting kicked out of college just to find work in probably the most legendary anime studio and get appreciated by Miyazaki.

This, watch Attack on Titan no dumb
deconstruction meme just pure action.

> he's trying to make attack on titan look like a deep avantgarde masterpiece that plebs find boring
look at this guy

lol maybe if you weren't jerking off to hentaishit you'd have the brain cells to realize Attack on Titan has the best anime can offer.

>he's trying to make attack on titan look like a deep avantgarde masterpiece that plebs find boring
But I didn't say that.
Don't drop shows after you watch 20 minutes and say "dis sucks"
It takes most people up to episode 9 to drop it lel

Maybe if you weren't thinking that AoT is the best anime can offer you'd have the brain cells to jerk off to hentai pleb

Lol pure 100% pleb.Let me guess you like some mechshit anime right?

AoT is mechshit, with constant protagonist thought narration because they didn't know how to adapt a comic properly.

>mechshit
>no mech
lel

yeah I kinda liked Ideon

>Follows every stale mecha trope in the book
>But the giant robot he pilots is made from flesh
lmao doesn't count soz :^) totes different

>Robot
lel pleb stay pleb