What would you have done with Bolin's character?

What would you have done with Bolin's character?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_lightning
youtube.com/watch?v=WJhEbrP2gw8
archiveofourown.org/works/9115681/chapters/20718460
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not lavabending. Shit was dumb.

Not added it to the show in the first place, along with Mako and Asami. We didn't need a crappy wannabe version of the Gaang anyways.

Made him the next Avatar, instead of wasting him on LoK.

>What would you have done with Bolin?
Depends.

Season 1 Only: Have him shack up with Korra after their dates, and be the foil to Mako's serious nature and one sided view of things. His comic relief nature is his way of being open and approachable to people rather than "haha" that's funny.

Season 4 Only: Have him literally stay on Kuvera's side as her Adjutant and have him take over of Suyan's city by leading its charge to prove to Kuvera's his loyalty after failing the peace talk. Have him as a proud example of Kuvera's fascism being good for the Earth Nation and its people, as he came from a mix background, but made it to the top (A poster boy/Hero)

Mako vs. Bolin fight in Season 4 fight.

This. Bolin would've been an interesting Avatar.

Give him some depth instead of being a desperate comedy relief

Stop having people self insert as him.

>lavabending suddenly makes sense
>mostly comedic character that slowly changes into a more mature bender over the course of his adventures
>Mako tries to support his brother, while also being jealous of his status as Avatar
I want this

Considering lightning is not instantaneous in the Avatar universe, it would have been fucking amazing to have an endgame Mako vs Bolin fight, just to find out Bolin can negate his bullshit with stalagmites.

Korea and Bolin had some good chemistry in their date, then continued to barely talk for the next 3 seasons

I would have him be the avatar and the main character of the series

Think about it, he was the best character of the show, was naive and was pure of heart and always there for their friends

Have him marry Desna AND Esna.

Well shit, didn't see that

Holy shit, this would of been amazing.

If only this could of been true.

I'd rather self-insert myself into Korra

Netflix movie depicting his political career resulting in him being the emotionally and mentally compromised but well meaning Earth Republic President when?

Are you one of those idiots who thinks that lavabending is a mix of Earth and Fire?

Merged him with Mako, because while those two had potential, they suffered from being Sokka stretched across two characters.

>this shit literally every time someone post something even remotely positive about Bolin
Did someone that looked liike him touch you as a kid or something?

God damn the animation in Avatar is beautiful. Too bad it's shit

I don't even know anymore. It hurts me to think about Korra.
Damn that was actually a good idea.

>lavabending suddenly makes sense

Kill yourself. It's basically just the earthbending version of liquid waterbending

That's literally how it's explained, which is why it's so fucking stupid.

I don't watch the show. Why would lavabending need an explanation?

>Bolin can literally solo the entire Earth Nation army with his Lava Bending if he has any intention of killing instead of disabling his opponent.
I hate to fight him when he gets serious.

But lava isn't earth mixed with fire

It literally is just superheated melted rocks though. Which is basically the same as ice turning into water or vapor.

So what exactly is your problem?

not him but, i have no problem with him bending lava but where is he getting this lava from? if he's creating it that's BS

He literally just melts rocks

He's literally heating up the rocks until they melt

Like how waterbenders cool down water until it freezes

With what heat?

It's almost like it should require fire bending or something...

>He literally just melts rocks
that's dumb earthbenders should be able to control it but they should not be able to create it on the spot

>Like how waterbenders cool down water until it freezes
it's the same concept but taken way too far

How is it different from metal bending?

Metal benders can't heat metal, that's what's different.

How do waterbenders freeze, melt and vaporize ice? It's almost like moving the molecules of something fast enough can create heat

How the fuck do you change shape of metal without heating it up?

OH WAIT ITS A CARTOON

>that's dumb earthbenders should be able to control it but they should not be able to create it on the spot
Then why do waterbenders get to create ice and water vapor on the spot?

>it's the same concept
Yes

> but taken way too far
No

Ice melts at room temperature.

Lava requires thousands of degrees of heat.

Was it autism?

Which is why only two known earthbenders have ever been shown to do it on their own. They are mutants like the Moonless bloodbenders

How is the next level of fire bending a lightning?

Flames and lightning are very different phenomenon with different origins.

It makes no sense, leave it be, lava bending is cool.

>Lava requires thousands of degrees of heat.

Right, because bending huge rocks requires no energy at all?

1st i think metal bending in legend of korra is really fucking stupid

2nd it's different from metal bending because they're controlling metal not making it

3rd theoretically speaking sub elements for earth benders should have stopped at metal

Go write your Bolin harem fics you cunt

are you fucking serious?

Lavabending honestly makes far more sense as an earthbending subskill than metalbending did.

Heat is movement of molecules you retard, in order to move molecules of solid metal you need to heat it up, or force movement which will heat it up.

this is for you

Fuck you those cops rocked

Lava is hot rock, it's not something new.

It's easier to make lava out of rock than make refined metal out of rock.

>Lava is just earth in a heated state.
>Earthbenders can move large pillars of rock and have enough force to lift them off the ground and send them flying at speeds that can disable/pierce steel objects
>Earthbenders for some reason can't use the same force they use to life the earth to heat it up, and make it into Lava which can be bended.

Someone is mildly upset. You having flashbacks to that night?

Finally, someone that knows something about physics.

So, if Bolin learned metalbending would he be able to melt metal?

Lightning can be created via heat, user

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_lightning

Lava bending has no basis and makes no sense for anyone who can't also bend fire.

Remember youtube.com/watch?v=WJhEbrP2gw8

Chazan literally speeds up the earth till it becomes Lava, Faggots.

Changing just one character wouldn't have fixed things, it needed a lot more than that.

The easiest start point however is "no relationship drama". IMO the series started to nosedive at the exact point where Korra kissed Mako the first time and turned it all into a Love Square mess.

Give him metalbending and make him the final boss.

See : and All the Earth benders are doing is using the same force they use to pick up the Earth and heating it up.

Interesting article but:

"This often occurs because of inter-cloud and intra-cloud lightning, where lightning charges travel from cloud-to-cloud or merely areas of differing electric potential within a single cloud, respectively."

Meaning, it's also created by electric potential of clouds, as when a regular lightning is created by difference in electric potential between cloud and ground.

It's not heat that creates it, it's the difference in charge of large objects.

Lightning bending makes less sense than lava bending.

We need some draw/write fag on this shit right NOW!

I would have liked to see him become more corrupted by life as the series goes on; they really touched on this when he didn't believe Mako about both Varrick and Kuvira. Inevitably, the power that his increasingly more interesting stations in life brought him would have forced him to choose: Team Avatar or personal glory. That would have been frickin awesome.

But no. It's ultimately a cartoon. So no deep characterization allowed. Instead, we got Mako Lite.

>Bolin can Earthbend, Metalbend, and Lavabend.
What would his end game be user? What would've made Korra fight him?

>Bolin sees Kuvira as a corrupt Dictator and someone fueled by her own issues like Korra.
>Bolin knows the moment Kuvira is weakened she will surrender and do the right thing.
>Betrays her at the last moment and places everyone under the Earth Nation under his control.
>Bolin the Benevolent will create a 1000 Year Empire.

Long live the Emperor!

Declaring war on the Fire Nation and avenging the six trillion earthbenders that died in the Hundred Year War.

Tone it down a little with the jokes, have him be less of a butt monkey, and make him just a little more suave. Honestly though, he was my favorite character all things considered.

no one thinks this when you say heat so either you're a garbage communicator or you're trying to cover up your mistake

i'm not arguing that it's physically impossible i'm arguing that it makes no sense thematically

>six trillion
???

made him slowly edgy over the course of the show. he's jealous of Mako, he feels useless, he thinks he's just the guy they keep around to crack jokes, and he's had enough of that shit.

Only the air tribe can do the six million thing, user.

>no one thinks this when you say heat

Not my fault people are poorly educated.

Jesus.

Get rid of Mako, give him all of Mako's story parts.

>Korea and Bolin had some good chemistry in their date, then continued to barely talk for the next 3 seasons

They should have stayed together or gotten back together. They were both impulsive, self absorbed, naive, and brash/boorish.

Leave Mako and Asami as the straightmen. The Barney and Betty to their Fred and Wilma.

people like you are worthless go die in a corner somewhere

I'd make Bolin be instrumental to Kuvira's rise in military power. He's got huge media presence as a celebrity and professional athlete, plus he has friends in all the right places to make it happen. When Korra finds out and confronts him, he just goes "yeah, Kuvira's right. Republic City is trying to put a puppet ruler in charge of the Earth Kingdom so they can control it and you're turning a blind eye because you're in so deep with them".

How do you stock your collection of salt? Do you buy it online or do you just go to retail stores?

It makes sense thematically though.

Lava is earth just heated.
Earthbending is the manipulation of earth.

Instead of him just magically lava-bending for no reason, have Ghazan from Book 3 become his mentor, since he was a pretty cool guy. The two become fucking bros and do sweet lava-bending stuff together.

This would require Ghazan to come back from committing suicide though.

I just want more...

Emphasis his role as the "heart" of Team Avatar (which should have acted more like a team anyway) by being the one that, despite his shortcomings, is actually fairly grounded and ready to cheer everyone up. I also think it would have been interesting to see him become a cop.

>cop
happening in the comics

>Kuvera's Army had only three ranks: Private, Corporal, and Sergeant. (For some strange reason.)
>Bolin was a Corporal who was part of the Inner-Circle.
>Becomes a cop.
That is a huge fucking downgrade. Like, Bolin was equal to a Major to Lt.Colonel in our world and he became a fucking cop.

Bolin should've just stayed in the Army.

Who would win.

Bolin or Mako, no holding back.

Probably Bolin because lavabending. Mako's lighning makes it close, but lightning bending hasn't been shown to be super accurate at distance

>turn ground under Mako into lava
>Mako jumps away and shoots lightning
>turn ground where he is heading into lava and block his shots lightning with an Earth wall
>win

>Korea

Are you that same fag that criticizes season 3 just because the ideology if the villain "didn't make sense" and used that "quality of villain is defined by how right they are" pic unironicaly?

>turn ground under Mako into lava
Forbidden by the rules of war.

Something similar to this killed Iroh's son too.

Not have his character reset upon reuniting with Opal. He was actually having a good arc with Varrick where for the first time he was forced to be the straight man to someone else's funny man. Then he gets back to Opal and he goes straight back to being retarded and whacky.

It doesn't help that Opal was blatantly emotionally manipulating him. Like mother like daughter, I guess.

Not him but that's auto correct for ya.

I don't have much a problem with Lava bending as such and more with how he got it and how good he was at it minutes after learning it.

However i guess Lava does somewhat step into firebender territory with it's heat and destructive power. Also for some it's a problem that rocks require much more heat than ice before it melts so it shouldn't be possible to them. I'm guessing that why some people say he can do it because he is fire/earth nation.

archiveofourown.org/works/9115681/chapters/20718460

Separated him from his brother when the series started; Bolin leading the Fire Ferrets and Mako running with the Triads.

Gives him his own niche, concerns, and problems.

>rating: teen and up
fukken
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Mako flies away Iron Man style
It wouldn't make much sense, but Mako seemed to always know a new bending trick when it counted.

Forgot all about his guy. Did he ever do something?

He said no holding back user

Why?