>christian
>kino
oxymoron

Silence, Prince of Egypt, I guess Hacksaw Ridge could count

Begone heathen

What a season, hopefully it gets renewed a second time

I literally did not find anything anti-semitic on that film

>b-but it shows the jews killing Jesus Christ

So what!? Those were individual Jews that sentenced him to dead. Makes no sense to demonize an entire ethnic group on the actions of that bunch of Jews, and makes even less sense to claim that portraying it on screen is anti-semitic

That movie is absolutely terrible OP. I watched it thinking it was gonna be some great movie and it was literally like 2 hours of this guy getting beaten.

South Park's take on it was spot on.

More like passion of the crap, Mel Gibson’s such a hack. I used to believe he was just a shitty person; but the more I watch his work, the lamer it gets.

Silence had the potential to be good, but I still regard it as a serious disappointment. Martin doesn’t seem to know which scenes and dialogue should be kept in a movie, and which could be cut. We were never given a serious Christianity vs. Buddhism clash, only Christianity was discussed and judged by the characters. The ending was also bull; “even though we lost, I kept my faith so we actually won!”

A major point in Silence is that the Japanese proved to the entire world that Christianity could be stopped dead it its tracks, and defeated. They broke the myth that Christianity was invincible, and would easily roll over those they deemed “pagan”. Those Jesuits that betrayed the faith are villains, not heroes; a true martyr would’ve taken the punishment of watching his congregation get destroyed. Those ancient Roman Christians new that the spread of the faith was urgent, and more important than any individual life.

Calvary was also good, although it’d be nice if there was more stuff about the disrespectful African foreigner, and how the Irish banks ruined the country for so long. Also CIA guy needed more dialogue.

Unironically patrician taste

I do sorta think it's funny that they'd include Schindler's List
Because it's a movie about a hyper-capitalist war profiteer who didn't give a damn about the systematic extermination of jews happening right next to him until it started affecting his production, then he starts feeling a twinge of "Whoa wait a minute this is bad!"

>Calvary was also good
>I judged the two films before it as bad
Why do I do this?

Catholicism has been big on redemption arcs since Mary Magdalene

Judas with a New York accent was interesting

Every American films made before 1990. Around the time Spielberg/Weinstein took over Hollywood, Christian films were black-balled.

Even Scorsese can’t get proper distribution/marketing for a Christian film.

Why do Catholics have better taste in cinema than evangelicals?

catholics are more in tune with the duality of man and the human condition. Evangelicals are brainwashed automanon who lack self-doubt and critical faculties

This but seriously

T A R K O V S K Y

(and maybe Mallick)

>not realizing that's the entire basis of evangelism
Go back to church and idolize your statue of Mary.

>Church of the East
>splits off in 431
>still believe in veneration of saints
>Oriental Orthodox
>split off in 451
>Eastern Orthodox
>split off in 1054
>Catholics
>split off in 1054
>”but they’re all wrong because an autistic Swiss lawyer said so!”

>The Passion
>Kino

fuck off you cunt

Was it kino? Haven’t seen it yet but the trailer was

muslimkino
>kingdom of heaven

This is the best christian movie ever. It made me laugh. it made me cry. it made me question my faith.

This is the best christian movie ever. prove me wrong