Providence + Neonomicon + Artbook - Hardcover Slipcase Set - Kickstarter

Some user made a thread about this the other day.
In case anyone missed it:

kickstarter.com/projects/avatarpress/providence-the-art-book-and-complete-slipcase-set

48 hours to go, Sup Forums

We made it past the Aklo plate stretchgoal so... yay! Pats in the back for everyone!
Now let's see if we can cover the last stretch in the last two days.

If anyone outside the US is wondering how much the shipping costs will be, just select a pledge and it will ask you the country where you want it delivered, with the respective cost.
Payment doesn't happen until the kickstarter campaign ends, so you can always cancel if you see it's too much.

Fhtagn!

I dropped $129 on this and I'm really looking forward to it. I kinda want the extra pages to the art book, so everyone who's on the fence should bite the bullet for this magnificent collection!

it wouldn't surprise me if we actually made it.
we went from 94K yesterday to 105K today
Last 2 days usually get a lot of traffic

>variant cover editions in the slipcase
Fuck that.
I did get the art book though but the box set isn't worth it.

it is if you haven't bought any prior volumes
in my case it's a sweet deal

Same here. Those "Act" collections really jumped up on the resale market

It actually appears that Avatar's online store still seems to have some of the first editions in stock. So if anyone is on the fence, you could nab one and still fund at some lower level to save a few bucks.

Speaking of, another excuse to post the first edition triptych.

>The Providence Complete Slipcase is a beautiful set of all the related works in five hardcover editions. Neonomicon, Providence Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, and Dreadful Beauty: The Art of Providence are all included.
>Only 1000 copies will be printed!

When you add up the other rewards, it comes to 920 copies, i know they always have some set aside for writers/artists/editors etc... but 80 seems excessive unless they plan to auction them off for charity.

>$186 to post to UK

Dammit, why not print and send them out from the UK? I'm not that far from Northampton, i'll even pick it up from Moore's house.

>but 80 seems excessive unless they plan to auction them off for charity.

The 80 will probably go to their online store.
They've had limited edition HCs for a lot of their stuff and they still seem to be sold there.

In fact the Slipcase is already listed on there.

I've only ever seen memes. Is the book any good?

Providence is fantastic.
Courtyard is decent.
Neonomicon is pretty bad.

I'd pay for a slipcase with just the Providence books but I ain't about to drop $129 on 3 books I want and 2 books I don't want.

I'm confused, the collection isnt in Black and White is it?

the actual comic isn't, but the art book probably has some uncolored pencils/inks

I really wish I knew if Providence was going to get a single volume collection.

Ugh I'm on the fence Sup Forums get Volume 1 now and wait for 2 and 3 in a few months or get this nice slipcase?

I'd wait unless you REALLY want the art book and Neonomicon

There will almost certainly be a single volume omnibus if Avatar is still alive by then. They've said if they announce one it won't be until late 2018.

But yeah get Act 1 if you're on the fence. Their online store still has the OG cover, but it also has 2 weeks shipping and handling. Personally I'm getting the three Act first editions as they come out cause the covers are in synch.

I think it's interesting that Providence made Neonomicon better retroactively with how it tied everything together

it's still pretty bad

Agreed.
I mean, Providence actively drops things that Neonomicon sets up, so it's not really propping up the latter too much.

But the montage in issue 11 and such does help acclimate Neonomicon's messy use of the Mythos with how carefully done Providence was.

I'd rather have a single volume. It is a good looking set though.