Prequels come out

>Prequels come out
>not quite what fans expected
>almost universally hated, media knows this and goes along to report it
>TLJ comes out
>not quite what fans expected
>media begins cover-up operation, blaming Sup Forums raids, Russian hackers, and fake account spamming
What changed?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/last-jedi-rotten-tomatoes-star-wars/
starwars.com/news/critical-opinion-the-phantom-menace-original-reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The jews

It's funny that star wars drones will say the sequels are better since hating the prequels is a meme.

Disney is not George Lucas. Disney is a serious motherfucker

Bamp

nobody is blaming "russian hackers" for bad reviews of TLJ

Yes, they are. Im not even op. Inform yourself before posting stupid shit.

It’s literally fine. Both of the new ones are better than any of the prequels

nope

George wasn't part of the Hollywood, and made lots of enemies there over the years. He was untouchable though since he was a billionaire.
Disney is litereally a billion dollar conglomerate that has the means and resources to actually implement damage control.

VIII is worse than I and III. You just don't know it yet because RLM didn't make le ebin plinkett review about it yet.

Dude youve got it wrong.

We loved
The prequels. Even loved joking about the bad parts.

We hate disney. We hate the sequels.

Unironically the jews did hit pieces on the prequels to make them seem way worse than they were.

Id go see them again and wait in the same shitty lines to see them.

I havent seen TLJ and wont till it comes out on netflix. Even then it will probably be on as background noise

this one is actually good

Film became a lot more political within the last decade or so.

thing is, the prequels were bad but in the end they were fun and you cold enjoy them ironically.

this is different. i don't think i've ever watched a movie before where I got the impression that the makers purposely destroyed what came before it and seemingly mock you for having enjoyed them.

III is unironically good.

>you cold enjoy them ironically.
how about you unironically kill yourself

Maybe you Trump supporters need to come to your senses (impossible, I know) and realize that Star Wars isn't for you anymore.

this one fits the anti capitalism narrative

This.....this isn't real......
right?

Two decades worth of societical regression.

V > IV > III >> VI = RO >>> II > VII > I > VIII
this is a fact

The criticism hit the mark and the media didn't want a lot of those things to be noticed

I hate both. Fight me faggot

George Lucas doesn't own everything in Hollywood.

Holy shit do SJWs buy shit that they don't care about simply because it features bullshit like this? Or is Star Wars really that much over with these people that Disney thinks it won't hurt them in the long run to alienate a good chunk of their actual fanbase?

It's real

What the actual fuck ?! Are you for real with this level of cuckness?

I would also add that they're comparing detractors to a early 20th century political movement that committed mass genocide, just because they think a main characters is a poorly written Mary Sue.

VI is better than III
RO is way too high

The prequels had some sly criticisms of the politicis of the day = bad. Sequels concentrate on feminism and identity = good.

When are you stupid assholes going to realize that Rian made a shit movie on purpose so he can laugh at you fanboys all the way to the bank?

SJWs have taken over the film industry and the media. Anything related to diversity, feminism, and so on are automatically good and parroted by the media, and any criticism is chalked up to people just being some form of "ist" and "phobic"

cnet.com/news/last-jedi-rotten-tomatoes-star-wars/
>Is there a Russian force behind this?
Off yourself.

This, buying a corporate product has become a political/social justice statement.

im guessin most of this board is too young to remember but rots got praised by critics back then even though its complete schlock

This

Why must leftists phrase everything in the most passive-agressive, obnoxious, and offputting way possible? It's like their cuck intincts make them want as many people to despise them as possible.

>one throwaway line
wow...such proof

Nerd culture. People began taking shit as an identity since social media made everyone realized they were pretty boring so people just started to like shit to make themselves more unique, brand loyalists have always been around who will ostracize you for talking shit about a certain franchise but this made it magnitudes upon magnitudes levels of worse by bringing in clueless normalfags into the mix since they have no real clue about the shit they are interested in and just want to appear geek and chic. Diversity is also largely to blame, you can't criticize anything anymore because of diversity without coming off as a racist, bigot, beta white male. It's the perfect criticism shield not just for directors and the studio but also critics who can pull the racism card as an easy answer to shut people down.

>zhe

8 years of cultural marxism under King Nigger

But Latinos are white?

this, they have a lot of money and resources to turn the tables. They are like the empire but gay and black

Ah, Disney owns everything.

The internet was more truthful back then. Now it's been took over by manipulative assholes who want to extract money from every poor person on the planet.

You talk about days that are long gone. Back then Internet wasn't moderated in any sense, even messed up shit like CP was easily accessible, also on Sup Forums. What happened to Internet in the last 10-15 years can be compared to the history of USA - We went from libertarian do what you want pioneer type of shit to capitalistic, authoritarian police state where monolith companies control everything - it just happened much faster.

The prequels made fun of the (((banking clan))).

>prequels come out
>everyone loved them
>the phantom menace goes on to become one of the most successful blockbusters of all time
>a decade goes by
>ewwww jar jar
>media and fanbase change their mind

Fixed. Read original reviews for TPM. At worst, it wad considered childish but in an anticipated way that did not distract from the fun.

link.

starwars.com/news/critical-opinion-the-phantom-menace-original-reviews

YOU JUST KNOW

The prequels were shit but at least they expanded on some of the existing lore and fleshed it out without shitting all over it, like TLJ did.

>asks for evidence
>user delivers
>b-b-buttt i mean, e-e-err, b-butt
kek, back to r/all honey

I loved Phantom Menace, I quite liked Clones and I totally gave up after Sith and that was the general vibe amongst people I knew though some people liked Sith as well. There's still loads in all the prequels to enjoy whatever you think of the films, there is nothing good about disney wars.

user didn't deliver though
back to the r/the_donald for you my friend

Prequels weren't the greatest but at least it was written by Lucas and had that Star Wars feel.

>>almost universally hated, media knows this and goes along to report it

“Star Wars: Episode I–The Phantom Menace, to cite its full title, is an astonishing achievement in imaginative filmmaking. If some of the characters are less than compelling, perhaps that’s inevitable: This is the first story in the chronology and has to set up characters who (we already know) will become more interesting with the passage of time. Here we first see Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Yoda and R2-D2 and C-3PO. Anakin is only a fresh-faced kid in Episode I; in IV, V and VI, he has become Darth Vader.

At the risk of offending devotees of the Force, I will say that the stories of the Star Wars movies have always been space operas, and that the importance of the movies comes from their energy, their sense of fun, their colorful inventions and their state-of-the-art special effects. I do not attend with the hope of gaining insights into human behavior. Unlike many movies, these are made to be looked at more than listened to, and George Lucas and his collaborators have filled The Phantom Menace with wonderful visuals.

What he does have, in abundance, is exhilaration. There is a sense of discovery in scene after scene of The Phantom Menace, as he tries out new effects and ideas, and seamlessly integrates real characters and digital ones, real landscapes and imaginary places. We are standing at the threshold of a new age of epic cinema, I think, in which digital techniques mean that budgets will no longer limit the scope of scenes; filmmakers will be able to show us just about anything they can imagine.”

ESB > ANH > ROTJ > ROTS > TPM > RO > TFA > AOTC > TLJ

MY Star Wars rankings

>ESB / RotJ
>ANH
>RotS / TPM
>AotC
>POWER GAP
>ANOTHER POWER GAP
>JUST ONE MORE FOR GOOD MEASURE
>Disney Wars

It's badly written and badly acted.

Summed up here:
youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k

Can't feel oppressed if you don't have people hating you.

From what I remember rots was kinda hyped after the first 2 movies. I remember thinking aotc was fucking boring even as a kkd

Why does everyone rank ESB over ANH?

the humor is very clever but why a puppet? Are you autistic?

Shit tier bait. Underage probably at this point. You're lucky I'm bored right now and even acknowledging your existence. I have 2 hot babes ready for a threesome just waiting for me in a few hours. What will you be doing? Enjoying shit tier kino? Or how about posting a rare pepe? No, you'll be posting here whilst I'm fucking two beautiful chicks I'll grin and remember the faggot who thought that he had big dick cause he liked The Prequels.
>"oh fuck user you're so hot and big"
>"so hot"
>"I'm gonna LITERALLY CUM"
Then when both of there c-cupped breasts lie upon my chest, the brunette will whisper
>"play some kino user"
The Blonde chuckles
>"yes user you always pick the best KINO"
Then I'll get up, start my film reel, and play the best film ever created....
Star Wars: The Last Jedi

It's because the Jews are trying to push a political message with their movie while making billions off the soulless masses who flock to see any piece of shit with the title "Star Wars" slapped on it. The press is largely Jewish-controlled and obviously they would come out in support for their brethren. Star Wars has been judified and destroyed, like all things gentiles love and cherish. Dragged through the mud

>Holy shit do SJWs buy shit that they don't care about simply because it features bullshit like this?
nope, that's the funny part.

>But Latinos are white?
you can't stay in our country jose

>Why must leftists phrase everything in the most passive-agressive, obnoxious, and offputting way possible?
these people literally think they have god-like morality and intelligence. basically anyone that doesn't think like them is subhuman.

Please kill yourself, less of you would be doing the world a favor.

This.

Disney is paying a lot more to cover everything up.

Also, it's easier to place blame nowadays. When the prequels came out criticism was dependent on the newspaper and pure word of mouth. We live in a different media environment.

ye boi

Because it's a better film?
I love both but Empire doesn't have any weak points that I remember.

not an argument

Can someone spoil the whole thing for me? I cant be bothered to see it.

>"If you can imagine a world where Luke Skywalker is irritated that there are gay people around him, you missed the point of Star Wars. It's like imagining Jesus kicking lepers in the throat instead of curing them"
Is he saying that Gays need to be cured because it is a disease like leprosy?

That's exactly what he did you pathetic piece of shit liar. Shut the fuck up and go the fuck away, parasite.

I asked for evidence and user gave me a one line throwaway joke

PREQUELS WERE AMAZING.
People loved it, kids loved it, everyone that made fun of it bought the fucking dvds, bought the games and bought the comics.
EVERYONE wanted a double bladed lightsaber.
EVERYONE thought count dooku was cool.
EVERYONE wanted to see obiwan and anakin fight.
EVERYONE thought sideous was an amazing villain.

EVERYONE loved the clone wars.

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY LIKES GIRL WARZ.

I never jumped on the reddit hatewagon in the first place. I've never liked III but I and II expanded the SW universe a lot, had really cool ground battles and race/chase scenes, and the darth maul fight was great.

fpbp

The same thing going on in video games is going on in movies franchises now. TLJ is just an extension of the capeshit meme.

Marvel movies are formulaic garbage and get rave reviews, just like TLJ.

This movie has had the exact same response as Battlefront 2. Everything is highly polished and had a huge budget. Yet the audience can't believe the shit they're being fed. And it will make money anyway.

And yes, they are trying to brainwash the next generation of kids while profiting from an established fanbase.

>beard
>round face
>huge forehead
>glasses

What sort of specimen is this?

Episode ii was cool.

The prequels, if anything, just need to be tightened up a bit in editing. There's too many awkward moments.

For example, Obiwan getting dragged over the edge by jango fetts cable only for him to use the force to tie it around a railing and stop himself from falling.
Wouldn't that have shredded his wrists? or does the force make the jedi extremely lightweight, like elves?

Or that scene when dooku brought that catwalk down on obiwans leg. It looked like it sliced his legs off but was that what lucas was trying to convey? that anakin thought obiwans legs to sliced off?
That fight is maybe one of my favourite fights in the series but I just can't figure out what I was supposed to be feeling at the time. It looked brutal though.

The ST need an entire plot overhaul.

The fucking ironic thing about the ST is that they represent the follies of judging people purely on the basis of their sex or race and not their character.
The SJW's are at this point more racist and sexist than anyone else, including the NAZI's probably.

>The prequels, if anything, just need to be tightened up a bit in editing. There's too many awkward moments.
have you seen the plinkett reviews? there are problems with the writing being nonsensical

>tfw you'd rather have a trilogy about Luke and Sheev's clones than watch The Last Jedi again
Worst timeline, to be honest.

>huge forehead
>tfw mine is even bigger
is it because of the soy in the food guys

No.
Masterpieces:
5>4>7
Good movies with huge flaws that pull you out, still thoroughly enjoyable though:
6>8>R1=3
Bad movies
Hobo barf soup with dog shit meatballs, with tapeworms sprinkled on top and marinated in aids sauce

V > IV > III = VI > Guardians of the Galaxy > I > II
I don't consider Rogue One, The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi.
Ever.

>Masterpieces:
>7

Disney owns it

unironically this

RLM being retarded ≠ nonsensical plot

I'm more ok with George fucking up his own thing but that's about it.

the plinkett reviews point out many things in the plot that make no sense and everyone knows this, stop being a faggot

>III is unironically good.
no it isnt. but its idea is great. just has major execution flaws.