Even Borat is less Funny Nowadays

Compare this from the 2000s:
youtube.com/watch?v=vXuI3DqaCyw

To this Modern Monstrosity:
youtube.com/watch?v=hcH0gPaMay8

In the first clip Borat claims that he likes GWB as he is a Strong Leader. He campaigns with a Republican and tells potential voters the candidate is "strong like Stalin" and that he will crush them if they do not vote for him. Also, if he does not win the election, he will take the Office by force. That's funny, and he genuinely makes fun of the guy in the process.

Compare that to the more recent example, Borat is giving the same generic lines about Drumpf everybody else gives. The hair, he's a fake, etc. Something is wrong here. Shouldn't he be calling him a Strong Leader and compare him to Stalin (he is re-using old material anyway, so why not)? I think this would warrant a harder laugh from the audience than what he got.

I'm actually Hard-Left, though I have found it very disconcerting over the past 5 years or so how "safe" comedy is becoming. The tendency seems to a stronger towing-the-line of the centrist Ruling Ideology among all Media, comedy suffers especially with this shift. I feel that in future decades, this trend will largely continue.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_66oECsIvFg
youtube.com/watch?v=r8dWOcVdG3E
youtube.com/watch?v=7M0AA8BhhC4
youtube.com/watch?v=hOto5qYWgHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I'm actually Hard-Left

Dude all comedy needs to be edgy shit or ill label it as "too safe" Lmao

>pussies cry over literally everything

Playing a character denouncing Trump as a character that youself created sloppily is hardly generic desu. Especially if it is done within a fucking Jimmy Kimmel Show

Your too politically minded right now to not get butthurt at jokes. Put comedy down for a while.

Borat was never funny during those types of interviews because the interviewer and audience clearly knew he was an actor. The entire point of Borat was that everyone else didn't know he was an actor and you'd watch how they reacted to it.

>I'm actually Hard-Left, though I have found it very disconcerting over the past 5 years or so how "safe" comedy is becoming.
Same. Too many comics these days lecture instead of telling jokes. The worst part is when fellow (retarded) libs say that "if you don't like this political comedy joke you must disagree with the political point it makes." It's kind of like how some people said if you didn't like the new Ghostbusters, you're not a feminist.

>hating capitalism instead of moral rotten people

but user, old Borat makes me laugh a lot. However that new Borat appearance made me laugh a little, but seemed like wasted potential.
Maybe Cohen has declined as a comedic actor, however he was still reciting decade-old bits and should be able to recite them through Memory Muscle.

The spectacle is unifying all things.

See , all of Cohen's characters relied on the audience being clueless of his real identity. If you take that away then you take away the entire point of his character.

>moral
>implying morals exist

wew lad

I meant to say his "victims"/"co-stars" rather than the audience

>the whole world is evil

Yes, I suppose that is true on one level. However, even with the removal of the element of surprise, he could easily have re-treaded his previous content and made his appearance funnier. Even with new content, I would have felt that Sacha would have funnier things to say and introduce the topic in a more organic way.
After retiring the character, then returning him in such a short segment a good seven years later, you would think he his jokes would be better.

>centrist Ruling Ideology

the globohomo agenda is not "centrist"

Borat was never funny
>lmao bro it's just a prank dude XDDDD lol
>le ebic very nice!
>lol he's almost naked haha get it? It's funny!
>haha xD le ebin edgy racist jokes BASED /ourguy/ lol

>ywn get to kiss jimmy kimmel's peepee

If he was doing a usual Borat segment and talking to unaware Trump supporters, it would have panned out the exact same way as some of his older stuff (he would go along with their views and try to get them to agree with more extreme views like that one guy who talked about how much he hated jews). The only thing that has changed is that you get upset more easily and try to make a fuss over nothing.

you're trying too hard, my man

wouldn't Borat love trump? Or the stereotype of trump as trump is supposedly a woman hating nazi. Borat has no respect for women and hates jews.

>*Sucks dick on camera*
>Not gay btw just a joke bro

This. A Trump rally would be a prime target. Same with a Hillary rally. But OP would cry about it.

this
youtube.com/watch?v=_66oECsIvFg

Yes. Borat was a massive anti semite. It would bring the Sup Forums tier rhetoric out of people for lulz. But he sucks now.

Even in the first video, you can see that Borat is just asking loaded questions that will get controversial responses from pretty much anyone. Ali G was better.

But Trump and nu-Sup Forums loves Israel

youtube.com/watch?v=r8dWOcVdG3E

only Jewish actors or actors pretending to be Jews get to be antisemitic

Sasha Baron Cohen has been in decline since Bruno.

also
>I'm actually Hard-Left
fucking kek

youtube.com/watch?v=7M0AA8BhhC4

high quality comedy coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=hOto5qYWgHg

Good point OP.

The first approach is indeed funnier, the second is lazy and therefore unfunny. It just smells like panic. Tribe members really had no idea how to deal with Trump, even if he's a Zionist he still doesn't fit their subversive agenda, it's really strange, like watching chicken running around without their heads.

He's been in decline since Borat. Pretty much every Borat scene ends one of two ways:
>if they hold conservative views, encourage them to say something controversial on camera
>if they hold liberal views or if they're a woman/gay, say something controversial and make them feel uncomfortable

>The worst part is when fellow (retarded) libs

Sorry, I'm not a Liberal. I consider you to also be Centrists. You might be American.

>If he was doing a usual Borat segment and talking to unaware Trump supporters, it would have panned out the exact same way

His commentary on Trump was very conventional and boring, even in this environment you would expect him to say something interesting as he is meant to be an Outside Voice - Borat is free from any bounds of Political Correctness. Even in the most recent season of South Park they had multiple characters being anti-Semitic. That aired two years after this segment.

>The only thing that has changed is that you get upset more easily and try to make a fuss over nothing.

These days I have a very similar sense of humour to back then. Hence, why I looked at Borat clips in the first place.

That Bruno movie was way worse than Borat