SICARIO 2 Soldado, ANOTHER NEEDLESS SEQUEL?

I'm surprised by how many people are already shitting on this film. "it's not the same director", "another sequel that nobody wants". But why not give it a chance? Maybe it"ll be a surprisingly good film. You never know. I mean was Blade Runner 2049 just that? Yes the film bombed at the box office but it actually was a worthy sequel. 35 years later no less & also had a different director.

The guy who's in charge of Sicario 2 is Stefano Sollima.(who directed the acclaimed tv series "Gomorra"). So what do you say guys? Is anyone curious to see it?
youtube.com/watch?v=NBkC83-vh9A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yYlgKBYfGCQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who said I didnt want to see 2 based actors together again.

Fuck off

hi benicio :3

t. Stefano

Brolin&Del Toro&Donovan
100%fresh

Uh, how about: No?
You couldn't possibly have taken a more predictable & disappointing example to prove your point.
Why? Because Villeneuve is overrated. 2049 was mediocre at best. (Rogue One is way better sci-fi, i'm not even kidding, it's basically a masterpiece even though it's part of the Star Wars franchise). As a matter of fact, there's this man on youtube, i don't think he's very popular on Sup Forums and i doubt he even reads Sup Forums anyway, but i just recently discovered him and was stunned by his acute observations & his obvious flair for ambiguous & extremely complex narratives. Anyway, i suggest you guys to watch his improved version of 2049.

youtube.com/watch?v=yYlgKBYfGCQ

It's a shame that he wasn't hired to write the film's script to be honest. (btw, i'm not shilling, just trying to prove my point with facts.) 2049 was crap.

I love Benicio Del Toro

if its got Memecio del taco in it so normies and pseudos on tv will lap that shit up

why does he shoot the gun like a spastic?

As a direct insult to the guy he's killing. A way of saying, you're such a piece of shit, I don't mind wasting bullets by shooting my gun like a retard.

the dialogue is really fucking stupid i hope no one actually says any of that in the movie

>i'm not shilling
It's sickening how brazenly you would lie like this.

Benicio Dell Trademark's been in a lot of shit in the last few years.

Pros:
>Brolin and Del Toro are back
>written by the same guy who wrote the first one
>the new "all-out war" approach looks kinda interesting
>looks as gritty as the first

Cons:
>trying too hard to be tacticool like the first one, ends up looking Seagal-esque
>some of the dialogue is cliche and awkward
>cinematography and aesthetic don't look nearly as good as the first
>we didn't really need this sequel in the first place

I'm gonna give it a chance, but I'm skeptical. I'm honestly just waiting for them to release the adaptations of Winslow's cartel books.

if del toro doesnt use a silenced mk23 im not watching it

also, the name is fucking dumb.
>Sicario 2: Soldado

just call it Soldado, saying "Sicario 2" is unbearably generic

S I C A R ][ O Ƨ

I'm not shitting on it, but;

1. I mean...Sicario wasn't exactly begging for a sequel

2. Just call it Solado

3. Based on the trailer and choice of director they aren't going for something new/interesting, they're going for more of the same but bigger

This sort of adds up to something that can be really good...but not great.

He has spent too long on /k/

>WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY BUMP FIRING NOW FEDS

>Not calling it "Sicarios"

YOU HAD ONE JOB SONY

Did he rape the man in Sicario?

Will he rape more?

>saying "Sicario 2" is unbearably generic

Sony added that, the movie in production was called Soldado

If it doesn't try to tie in the first movie and is just another CIA movie with some of the same characters it should be fine.

I'm looking forward to it, I don't give a fuck.

>not calling it 2icario

2 sick 2 care

And i'm tired of people like you accusing Rob of "lying". He doesn't even read Sup Forums you idiot!

Denis Villeneuve is the only reason the original one was so good, without him it'll probably suck.

There's nothing wrong with sequels. People take issue with remakes of films. I think you may be confusing the two.

>"Hitman 2: Soldier"
Who allowed this

2icario
-
Sic4rio

What would part 3 be?

Si3ario?

It sounds cool in Mexican though

Sequels can still bastardize and shit on the first one if it goes into some detail explaining what really happened in the first one and completely ruin it in the process.

Are there any books like Sicario?