Still can't beat the Battle for Endor with all your shitty CGI

Still can't beat the Battle for Endor with all your shitty CGI.

youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o

heheheheheheheheheheh

what did he mean by that?

kekekekekekekekekekeke

>the music
>the roar of the engines
>the realization by lando
>ackbar freaking out and then ITS A TRAP
>2:10 fucking thousands of tie fighters screaming onto the screen letting you know how fucked the rebels are
>death star firing and all the rebels eyes go huge knowing this is the end
>INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER
>AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

PURE FUCKING KINO

anyone notice 5:50 is the death of the squad leader from rogue one?

nice digits

should have hyperspaced into it

I thought he died in rogue one

>Disneycucks will deny this

One thing I've never understood is how you can blockade in space. As in, why not just turn 45 degrees up and warp away? Or are the hyperspace routes set in stone?

OHHHHHHHH!!!!

Rogue One has the best fight in all of Star Wars.

any object in its flight path might fuck it up the ass

This shit is so fucking good.

Damn shame noone thought to use Light Speed Missile, though.

What's his name again?

i can't even remember it and i saw it last christmas

They could just hyperspeed 1 or 2 ships into Death Star, noobs.

That shot of the reactor collapsing and the Faulcon flying toward the camera is fucking awesome.

Everything but the final fight and the derelict temple in that film is trash but I won't pretend it wasn't the best fight I've ever seen in a Star Wars movie. The space/ground relations were top-tier.

it's pure quinoa

such an iconic moment.... and the feels when lando says YEAAHAAAW

and the hick x-wing pilot with the deep southern accent

at least the ewoks did something usuful

fucking porgs

The absolute state of millennials.

Nien Nub, i think, i had his toy as a kid. I guess the Asian characters do sell

It's honestly nowhere near as good as Rogue One's space battle or Episode III's. It just looks like I'm watching toys flying around in front of a camera.

Gen Z was a mistake.

Technically they could escape, or at least that's what Ackbar seems to imply when he's starts ordering a retreat until Lando talks him out of it.
Which begs the question of what was up with the blockade, sure they still serve the purpose of defending the Death Star anyways, but whatever, it's weird.

Before complete morons took over, it was understood that you could only jump to hyperspace once you'd traveled a significant distance from a planetary body. The Death Star was orbiting within that radius, meaning that once the Rebels closed in to engage, they had to fight their way back out to the point where jumps would again be possible.

That's how Ackbar knew they'd been played. He recognized the tactic, just a bit too late.

As an aside, this is why you don't put your sci-fi universe, regardless of its relative hardness or softness, in the hands of dumbasses more concerned with inserting social issues than in telling good, self-consistent stories.

that is true.
but the way the super stardestroyer was derstroyed was lame, and where did the whole imperial fleet go after death star 2's destruction?

I think Leia cucked Han...

>Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?
Did you even watch Star Wars?

chequed

Please. Just the fleet jumping into and coming out of hyperspace was more exciting than anything I've seen in the sequels. Or prequels for that matter.

they were leaderless and i guess see ya later skater

First StarWars also tells us that your ship has to calculate the route first, for you not to end up trashed on a planet or in an asteroid field.
Maybe fighting and these calculations at the same time are too much?
The Falcon engages the Tie Fighters before jumping to hyperspeed.

i think its because the shots linger and you can tell whats going on. the choreography is more deliberate

Yeah but now you can just hyperspace out of a docking bay willy nilly or somehow MANULLY time it so that you jump out in a razor thin area between planetary shields and the planet surface.

Were they really? There must be a command chain. If the guy in charge dies, another guy takes over. They also make it seem as if these Stardestroyers were more than enough to deal with the whole rebel fleet.

Rewatching it now, the Death Star looks too much like a painting, other than that, perfect.
Still the definite spaceship battle.

For real. One ship to take out the entire fleet even though it only hits one ship and another one to take out the 2nd Death Star. Dumb CIS men. Leave it to a woman to have the balls to try a stunt like that. Pathetic.

they rolled a low troop morale

I love this little shit. Glad they brought him back. I just wish Wedge was still around.

this
Nostalgia fags are the worst

OFFICIAL STAR WARS SPACE BATTLE RANKINGS

top tier:
rogue one
return of the jedi

mid tier:
phantom menace
revenge of the sith
empire strikes back

low tier:
force awakens

what the fuck are you doing tier:
attack of the clones
last jedi

nice numbers

Wew trips, thats it then it is really official

Am I retarded or is Satan pulling the wool over my eyes by not including ANH?

>the Death Star looks too much like a painting
It wasn't you retard

Well Satan you forgot the top tier trench run of ANH and revenge of the CGI clusterfuck belongs into low tier. Did AotC even have a space battle?

disregarded

Not because I disagree, but you forgot a film

>guy in his 40s with a mustache
>must be the same guy
You fucking retard

Look at this shit. That's a dedication to autism you don't see today, it's why disney can't capture lucasfilm magic

There were no porgs in R1

Their entire command structure was on the Executor and the Death Star. Probably took a few days to determine who was in charge

All 3 are fantastic though. They're different in terms of the visuals available to them, but all manage to hold that weight and intensity of each action.

Disregarded due to lack of battle of yavin entirely and battle of coruscant, one of the greatest sequences in Star Wars, being put in mid tier.

>They built a Death Star model, so in every scene it must be a model. It can't be they also used a painting in some scenes.
Who is the retard?
It also still LOOKS like one.
Even if they had built an actual Death Star it could look like a painting.

>Their entire command structure was on the Executor and the Death Star
Only fucking Palpy, Vader, Piett and Jerjerod. There are still the other admirals on the ships and the grand moffs who rule over the different star systems or whatever.

yeah, this is a real space battle. it was such bullshit when Laura Dern destroyed the super star destroyer in TLJ with a kamikaze crash into it

oh wait

This is true.

It would be a lot better if we didn't know exactly how it ended.

Is Nien Nunb still alive?

>Ends in "66"
>Everyone thinks it's Satan when the Phantom Menace is the one behind it all

it's almost like military technology and tactics evolve quickly in the star wars universe, similarly to how they rapidly developed through the past hundred years

it's almost as if a group of people who are an arm of the main governmental body of the galaxy could have improved military technology over people who had to gather together a bunch of random piles of space junk to form a ragtag rebellion

hmmm

Judging by the static ship designs, not much as changed since ROTJ.

Based Wedge and Lando, the sound, image..

It was basically the second death star fight. plus i can't remember a single thing aside form the one ship pushing the stardestroyer.

Did George Lucas not understand how objects move in a low gravity vacuum? Did no one ever pull the man aside and try to explain Newton's laws of motion to him so that he could understand that they wouldn't look like aircraft moving through an atmosphere?

Tractor beams.
Also this is science fantasy, not science fiction.
Regardless, tractor beams.

To be fair, Vader could order them to retreat.

In the old EU all those admirals and Moffs splintered into warlord successor states each trying to consolidate as much power for themselves as possible.

Who knows what's going on in nu-Wars, the political situation between the Republic/Resistance/First Order doesn't make any sense.

Star Wars was always a fantasy tales mixed with WW2 in space. The physics aren't as important as the feeling it gives the audience.
For example, the real reason the hyperspace suicide jump in TLJ is terrible isn't because of any alternate-universe technical mumbo jumbo, but because it immediately ruins any tension that a fleet of evil empire ships might present in the future.

honestly, this still holds up. no part of this feels like it was made in a studio sound stage

why cant we go back when movies had heart and magic

>Oh, Juden...

Why didn't Admiral Ackbar FTL his Calamari turd ship into the Death Star?

my heart actually raced rewatching that

That's really the most likely scenario other than them just agreeing on a new leader and keep on ruling the galaxy like nothing happened.

It's amazing how no science fiction movie has ever come close to topping it or even really tried.

and have rose cockblock him, no way

The battle over Coruscant was way better, much more impressive

>watching Rogue One...
And Episode 3 battle looks like a videogame.

cgi doesnt feel real
stakes dont feel real

real models that actually exist in tangible space will always look more real than stuff you know is made in a computer

I really liked TLJ's opening battle though, seeing it from a random bomber gunner's perspective was something new for the series

The fuck?! How the hell it looks soo good? I should rewatch them I guess.

Almost all of it is wasted on cockpit shots of the main characters. You barely get to see any of the actual battle and unlike Endor there's no sense of strategy, it's just two different types of ships in a big clusterfuck shooting at each other.

Just hyperspace-ram it.

All of this, and yet, all you needed to say was:
>the music

PURE FUCKING KINO

This. Everyone in this thread is either trolling or we share a board with the mightiest of plebs. Rogue One was completely forgettable and III was just a messy PS3 cutscene.

How the fuck did the super star destroyer get taken out just by blowing up it's bridge? All ships have auxiliary bridges, why doesn't the giant space triangle?

this desu

it enrages me whenever some normie shits on ROTJ or says nu-wars is better

it meanders too much on endor i'll admit but the highs more than make up for it

At around 2:10 you can see tie fighters pop in out of nowhere. Still a great scene though.

>people talking about the films as if they were made in chronological order

I can't fucking stand this.

They achieved more with models and practical effects than any CGI ever has in my mind. Is it weird that filming real things makes them look more real to me???

i forgot how kino Star Wars could be until i saw that again, thanks OP.

ROTJ > Empire

>At around 2:10 you can see tie fighters
fly in your field of view

If they're not how did Red Leader survive the battle of Scarif and only die after failing to launch his torpedoes on the Death Star?

>auxiliary bridges
when the aux bridge is on the same floor