What does it say that the best space opera by far is an anime?

What does it say that the best space opera by far is an anime?

Not much. Anime is easily the best televised medium and has been for a couple of decades now, only ignorance drives people to say otherwise. Watch as a bunch of people who've only seen about 10-15 shounen series max start giving their opinions as always on this board.

LotGH is boring as hell. Space battles look terrible, too many characters that are virtually the same, the only good parts are the space axe fights.

Anime has always been great, despite how much normalfags will tell you otherwise.

Rarely watch anime outside of movies. Genuinely surprised how much I enjoyed LotGH and its characters. Earth Cult was weak but the conflict between the Federation and Empire was good stuff.
Anyone got recommendations like LotGH? I tried Code Geass as recommended by some anons but didn't care for it.

That it's difficult to make a large scale sci fi story and a low budget animated approach is the only way you can manage it

t. brainlet
the fights are the worst part

There isn't anything else like it at all.

Rose of Versailles.

See I don't even think LoGH is the best space opera in the first place, pic related imo is better. But also definitely more 'anime'. Knights of Sidonia is also pretty cool.

You might like Arslan Senki as it's from the same author. Unfortunately the original OVAs were cancelled and had better character designs and mood, I haven't watched the newer series.

Also this.

The last few seasons of DS9 remind me of LoGH some.

Just read the Honor Harrington series and the Lost Fleet / Lost Stars series.

The new series is shit

That's a shame. The old OVAs had a few really powerful scenes. Damned travesty that shit wasn't making any money.

Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin (UC0068 - UC0077)
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO (January, UC0079)
Mobile Suit Gundam (September, UC0079)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (October, UC0079)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (December, UC0079)
Gundam Zeta
Gundam Double ZZ
Gundam Char's Counter Attack

In that order

God 08th MS Team had such a copout ending. The series would be 5x better without the last episode.

literally the only good anime

>No new unique IPs with this post
Hmmmm...

The only reason I can't stand most liveaction shows is they can't decide if they're going to end this season or three seasons from now. Nothing irritates me more than a story that doesn't know when to end or how to end.

Also the reason LOGH is good is because it doesn't really favor either side strongly (debatable but I think it leans pro-monarchy) and it has space kikes, you couldn't pull it off in the US.

good rebuttal

>That it's difficult to make a large scale sci fi story and a low budget animated approach is the only way you can manage it
/thread
Same principle as why Bruce Timm made Batman an animated series.

Cliffhangers at the end of every season and filler everywhere are the reason I've given up on live action television. In anime you often get concise, well-planned 12-26 episode stories. Too bad the LN game is starting to shit on that all over the place.

Take your cartoons back to Sup Forums manchild.

>all anime is bad because that's what some user told me, but i saw this one and it was good so i guess it's the only good anime that exists

If any animation is a cartoon then I guess any song is a nursery rhyme. Also Sup Forums is the board for cartoons, not Sup Forums.

last time I checked, this wasn't an anime board, bucko

>bucko

I've watched quite a lot, most of them are shit and some of them (e.g. Monster, Lain) are alright but have serious fucking problems

gay as fuck interactions between males too... why is this series pushed so hard

oh right pseudointellectuals who think it's morally ambiguous and adult

Most of them aren't shit and you will find problems in any kind of media.

Hes here because they make fun of him for being so easily impressed
Its essentially their version of game of thrones

fuck off weeb

You have no proof I'm a weeb and this isn't an argument.

This is an anime website. If you are here and don't like anime, it's because you are an outsider.

>and some of them (e.g. Monster, Lain) are alright
You've watched like 15-20 series max if that's what you name. And those are both shitty series for edgy teenagers.

They're not for teenagers, and you're only denouncing them because too many people have heard of them.

This is Sup Forums
This board was made for people that don't watch japanese cartoons and did not want to discuss other television and film on Sup Forums
The first action Hiroyuki of data mining co did when he took over the site from "moot" was make a western themed board followed by another and another
Your post is not something that was said here before /q/ outsiders that changed this boards ways
Your post is not something even Sup Forums would say
Adding worst girls to your image to try and pretend otherwise whilst only being here for star wars 8(the last jedi) isn't going to change this

Nah at the moment that'd be the DBZ series that's airing around now as that's what brings in the normals and fills the board with shitty threads

never said I didn't like anime, but that's besides the point: of course weebs will worship LoGH as the "best space opera" because they're biased towards anime as an art form.

Lain is brooding and Monster didn't do it for me, I don't like those plot based dramas personally. If you're a depressed teenager Evangelion is for you. If you want to be the little girl watch Princess Tutu and Utena. If you like surreal shit go for Yuasa. If you want testosterone and robots try TTGL. If you just want something short to show you why anyone gives a shit about anime watch FLCL. If you want a damn solid story that you look back on and say, man, that was really satisfying, watch Cowboy Bebop. Maybe you just want action and cheesy character development, watch a shounen. And there's too many cute girls doing cute things to think of. Writing off anime is like writing off movies, cartoons, or video games. There's stuff there for almost everyone, just find what you like and watch 50 shows similar to it and never mention you like anime to anyone.

>I've watched quite a lot of movies, most of them are shit and some of them (e.g. The Dark Knight, Pulp Fiction) are alright
This is what you sound like right now to someone who has actually watched "quite a lot" of anime.

That "space opera" is a shit genre.

Seen all of those but Yuasa and the little girl shit.
I didn't like TTGL. Evangelion was pretentious and Cowboy Bebop was alright at best.

This board was made for people who like anime to discuss television. This is an anime website. Look around you, the only reason you think otherwise is because you're new and you think you're fitting in with newfags.

>Your post is not something that was said here before /q/ outsiders that changed this boards ways
I've been saying this here for ten years now to the new kids who stumble in here and get angry at the smugs

This board was made for anime fans who also want to discuss other kinds of TV and movies. The board's subject matter also encompasses anime and there's no rule saying it doesn't.

TTGL, FLCL, and Bebop are shit. Tutu is pretty good, though I'd rec Utena or Cardcaptor Sakura over it to someone looking into breaking open shoujo.

Try 3 episodes of Tatami Galaxy, see if it's for you. Though you might think it's pretentious or some shit, I don't know.

Again
This is Sup Forums
This board was made for people that don't watch japanese cartoons and did not want to discuss other television and film on Sup Forums
The first action Hiroyuki of data mining co did when he took over the site from "moot" was make a western themed board followed by another and another
Your post is not something that was said here before /q/ outsiders that changed this boards ways
Your post is not something even Sup Forums would say
Adding worst girls to your image to try and pretend otherwise whilst only being here for star wars 8(the last jedi) isn't going to change this
>I've been saying this here for ten years now to the new kids who stumble in here and get angry at the smugs
Do you want to play that game, post /q/ cancer?

What was jacksons nickname for fury here?
Who was the child star that use to post here?

See

I only come here for /trek/ and japanese movie threads, I don't pay attention to your kiddie memes. I could quiz you the same and ask you what "ELEVEN CENTS" means or what film has brad pitt, william h macy, steve buscemi and a cardassian in it and you probably wouldn't be able to answer me, but I wouldn't do that because that would prove nothing other than you weren't part of a certain meme at a certain time.

>Your post is not something that was said here before /q/ outsiders that changed this boards ways
I've seen more or less that exact statement in almost every single anime thread ever posted on this board.

>I only come here for /trek/
There you have it. The post /q/ cancer once again shows its true nature and intentions for Sup Forums
>"I've been saying this here for ten years"
The hallmark of the lying parasite. The fact that he considers turning points of this board "kiddie memes" should tell you even more.

Also further on Tutu if you're going to watch it, stick with it until episode 6 or 7. It's not the best at first but starting around there literally every single episode is better than the last until the end of the series.

>This board was made for people that don't watch japanese cartoons and did not want to discuss other television and film on Sup Forums
no it wasn't, it was made to discuss movies and television, anime happens to be aired on television or come in the form of movies.
the only anime discussed on Sup Forums are those that are worth having a cinematographic discussion about (how do they realate to sci fi as a whole, how do they relate to cinema, that kind of shit), and that's not something you can do on Sup Forums since you can't discuss actual movies on Sup Forums without getting your pic related or post deleted by their autistic mods.
So where are we supposed to talk about that ?

What does "ELEVEN CENTS" mean? What film has brad pitt, william h macy, steve buscemi and a cardassian in it? If you can't answer me you're a newfag and cancer.

>The fact that he considers turning points of this board "kiddie memes" should tell you even more.
This board is a containment board, especially within the last few years. It's a kiddie board full of kiddie memes. You can't even discuss film here anymore unless it's really popular or a meme. This board has literally replaced Sup Forums's function on the site along with Sup Forums and Sup Forums. Listen to yourself.

No the only good anime is Detective Conan.
Also,

Y'all niggas know that this is just a malware site now, right?
So you shouldn't be discussing anything here.

KINGDOM.
Although its not on space but on ancient China.
Its about battle strategies and politics. The manga is on the chapter 500 something and is the 3rd best sellinga manga in Japan, despite not having a famous anime.

Oh, theres 2 seasons and each one has 38 episodes.

Pleb detected

That reminds me, Hyouge Mono is really good and has a similar focus on politics.

Why should I jump through hoops for someone that won't even answer my question, general cancer? Your "trekkie" memes aren't Sup Forums parasite

Lmao you did it first, what are you even on about. Hypocritical as fuck. Why should I answer you, then? Using your own logic. The absolute IQ of some people.

>"trekkie" memes
Neither of them are /trek/ memes. You just ousted yourself as having no idea what two classic memes are. But I wouldn't pretend you were a newfag based off of that, I'm just demonstrating how flawed your argument is.

WHAT IS THAT??

>Lmao you did it first what are you even on about. Hypocritical as fuck
You stepped up princess and then when I asked you to prove your worth you freaked out because these are questions you can't look up on your reddit wiki.
>stars 5
>"classic meme" after spouting kiddie meme
You're adorable, post /q/ invasion scum

Oh yeah
>still haven't answered the questions

That jews can't pretend to be asian when it benefits them, thus their works are unmarred by their wanton destruction of everything good.