What's the best jump scare in the history of movies?

What's the best jump scare in the history of movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qaoSEVhh4bM
youtube.com/watch?v=n0s_qq2clHA
youtube.com/watch?v=M7Yu8jCrJeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

when arnold is opening a frigde and theres a cat inside from some raison

movie was end of gays

when david Lynch do a crazy sound and face! ahhh!!!

>unregistered hypercam 3
Pure kino

Classic

Wait it's Hypercam 2, even more vintage than I thought.

when were inside that strange uncanny vally bathroom and then a massive brown turd fills the room and it cuts to dave england shitting in a minituare model bathroom, equally during the erupting ass mountaain scene on the toy train landscape

When Bilbo tries to grab the ring fron Frodo

Signs.

The cupboard scene in the ring was pretty kino for a jump scare. Completely out of the blue.

I still remember it making me almost shit out my heart in the theater, but when I rewatch it nowadays, it just make me chuckle when it reminds me of stupid memes involving it.

That isn't even the final level, that face wasn't supposed to show there, this if is fake

youtube.com/watch?v=qaoSEVhh4bM

Scarier than any horror movie made in the past two decades

That fucking clown in Poltergeist

We're going to need a bigger boat

not so scary but best reaction

Honest question. What would you do in this situation? I think I would get a wad of tp and get a really good wipe, and then accost the little beaner with my feces.

I remember pingu from awhile ago, didn't watch it but it was around and always very non threatening.

Wait Till Dark.
Blind lady is terrorized by Alan Arkin.The entire film is basically one long build to the jumpscare.

youtube.com/watch?v=n0s_qq2clHA

ghostbusters library

Why do they even leave those gaps? For what purpose do they realistically serve?

that one from REC

Name ONE scene with more fear and tension.

LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

This is the reason why I can't watch The Exorcist to this day. The girl fucking terrifies me like no other horror movie monster can.
I'm 25

Ok, god damn it. At the end of the gif he is clearly turning around and moving towards the shitter. I need to see the rest of this.

Yeah that one was pretty spoopy

He steals his phone

wtf is with putting those urinals right by the shitter door?

but why

The Shining bathroom scene and The Ring closet scene are the two that stuck with me the most growing up.

this one still gets me even though i know it's coming

Beaners are drawn to 2 things more than anything else. Shit and roaches.

There were people screaming and running out of the theater when the shark showed itself for the first time in 1975

Goddamn I watched this movie this year and it was pretty bad. Fuck teevee maymay.

1. To see if they're occupied
2. So the stalls don't end up like gas chambers
3. Gaps give the illusion of not being trapped inside a tiny room (i.e. claustrophobia)

2016?

You're taking a shit and this home boy crawls under the stall door.
What do?

>end of gays

based

TV closet scene was really spooky in my memory. Saw it again recently and it doesn't really hold up.
That contorted face was a lot scarier in my imagination.

Another jump scare that got me in my youth is in The Descent.
You have this lady wanting to go in a tunnel. She takes a few steps, then turns around to check if something is behind her and you just know some creature will stand there or pop up when she turns around again.
And it does, only it pops down from the top of the screen.
It's fucking cheap and it really shouldn't work the way it does but it almost gave me a heart attack back then.

That car commercial with the windy road.

youtube.com/watch?v=M7Yu8jCrJeg

most kino jumpscare

BUT WHY

Is it just me, or have all gifs stopped looping on here recently, even when opened in their own tab?

>the excorist 3
why is the horor genre so devoid of creativity

>DUDE PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 8 LMAO
>DUDE THE PURGE EVERY YEAR LMAO

Check your uBlock or NoScript, it's just you.

Don't use either of those because I was too lazy/retarded to get them, I just have AdBlock.
I suppose I'll just live with it.

Try safe mode, and/or clear your cache/history.

/ourgirl/

the exorcist 3 is a creative sequel you retard

Wonder why my bathroom has suddenly turned into a public restroom

Oh yeah, it's not a good movie, but I thought this scene was a pretty good jump scare.

That's not cool, man. You can kill an old Asian lady like that.

>The Descent.
I was extremely stoned, legit 10/10, with some friends first time I saw this.
When the first mole man shows up in that panning, night vision shot I thought it lept out of the TV and took my friend. Was the scariest jumpscare I've experienced.

DUDE

LMAO

was this real?

That creepy as fuck scene in Sleepaway Camp. I don't know if that's a jump scare but my God, it's haunting. I kind of wish I had seen the movie beforehand because I imagine it was quite a twist.

The little midget woman at the end of Don't Look Now.

Fucking terrified me as a child.

Dat grave scene at the end

Not the best, but the ending of Big Trouble in Little China when the monster is on the truck with him. Scared the shit out of me.

I laughed when I saw this. Looks like something from Scary Movie

i cannot express in words how much i love this video

mostly for safety I think, in case someone passes out in there its easy to spot and get to them.

>opens the stall door so everyone can see you take a shit

the oOopen WAHder

The fucking alien birthday party in signs. I know that shit is coming and it still gives me chills

reminds me of the time in Louisiana this dumb fucking old guy came in the bathroom while I was trying to shit and apparently really need to take a piss.

she's so hot.

>The Ring closet scene
I-i saw that in college...

This got me good. I wasn't expecting it at all and the jump scare sent chills down my back. Got me real fucking good.

That's the worst because it's not skulking in the dark or trying to hide, it's casually walking in broad daylight like it owns the fucken place.

I wish I didn't have it fucking spoiled for me because I would have been terrified by the sight of it. Those dark eyes and head shaking as if she's saying 'you really thought I was your daughter'

Ultra-underrated movie. I still can't get over dat concrete saw scene.

yes

This. holy fuck

It's much better as a full scene and even better in the context of the movie.

Sup Forums isn't kino enough to know this, user

golden boy

This

What movie is this

High Tension. A French horror film.