Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teach_the_Controversy
youtu.be/ALziqtuLxBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't lmao yuropoors just make this shit up

take a read of this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teach_the_Controversy

maybe it was flightless

id couldn't. it lived up on cliffs and just kinda fell off and glided around. it could not take off just standing there

It has wings, are you blind?

He ran and told all of the angels that this could take all night

Archeologists still haven't found a surefire way of seeing what type of feathers ancient animals had.

They sometimes come across really great preserved samples but they don't want to guess or make some computer generated design as it could be 100% wrong.

You're pretty much staring at a very confusing situation, one we haven't found a solution to yet, I mean if you found owl fossils people would be really fucking perplexed at how the thing existed or looked like pic related.

I see dinosaurs as really big and buff as shit like bears, not those gangly armed and skeletal designs with the skin stretched over. they would definitely be hunky and fluffy

so ... how would he come back?

It's just a model

I can't believe people will seriously just post stupid uneducated shit to feel better on the internet

>filename

Earth had less gravity back then

With beautiful colorful feathers extending three times the size of its wings.

I'm just guessing, but poetically

Well probably not thick because mass etc.

hollow bones

hollow bones & an atmosphere much more saturated with oxygen allowed it to glide using hot air currents.
same as modern day gliders.

>really big and buff as shit like bears

>an atmosphere much more saturated with oxygen

that one is sick though

The atmosphere was thicker and had more oxygen back then.

How the fuck did this thing fly?

Wait does that mean that if I went to the past and had some kind of protection against the downsides of too much oxygen, I'd be able to jump around like John Carter?

Non-shit post

It could move pretty well on the ground. They also may not have landed that often, like certain migrating oceanic bird species

youtu.be/ALziqtuLxBQ

no

Its cartoonishly huge head scares the living fuck out of me.

How the fuck does this thing fly?

No, because those Anons are just talking out their ass and oxygen levels have nothing to do with biological flight mechanics

very carefully

Apparently they could take off and start the flight the way bats do, thanks to a great strength in its upper limbs and a proportionally very low body weight. Their bones were more fragile and lighter than those of the birds.

Pterosaurs didn't have feathers. They developed flight completely separately from bats and birds

probably used a treadmill to get started

Dinosaurs didn't actually exist IRL you fucking brainlet

by rattling

And the moon was closer so it would have counter effected earths gravity more than today.

this

A combination of a powerful launch and being extremely light for their size. Seriously, they were the size of a small airplane but only weighed as much as a fat man.

Now what the fuck is this doing on Sup Forums?

Tiny pic but this.

Another thing about a high O2 environment is that it makes muscles more efficient. Animals prior to the Jurassic extinction could get further on smaller lungs and lower muscle mass per unit weight. There were so many large animals then because the O2 concentrations could support better oxygen perfusion. Animals today cannot scale the way they once did. The Jurassic was full of enormous insects. Today the largest land arthropods are less than a third the size of those ancient insects.

If you resurrected large dinosaurs like in Jurassic Park many of them would have a much harder time moving around. Much like a person from the lowlands gets weak at high altitudes. Most would not reach full size.

>pole-vaulting over their own wings
That would look fucking horrifying.
Why do Quetzacoatlus scare me this bad?

that isn't a fact. that's a running theory.

remember, everything can be disputed, we aren't scientists so we can't even debate this, all we can say is the experts belive this is the case at the moment and we have to trust them.

This

it's all garbage, they found a bunch of big bones and just made shit up

Nigger, bones usually come with other bones around them in the shape of the creature. They don't just magically scatter around after death.

>giant dragonflies
>giant mosquitoes
>giant spiders

Ski lifts.

the earth moves around over time there's no way the bones would be in the same way, it's all fucking garbage

How the fuck would that affect gravity retard? If anything, more oxygen would make things heavier.

These modern reconstructions of Quetzal freak the shit out of me, especially with the big thick neck and head.

t. american

i read somewhere that humans have a natural fear of large flying animals like we have for spiders and snakes. maybe it's something we inherited from when we were little monkeys and were more vulnerable to aerial predators.

it ate iron ore so that it's poles were opposite of the earth's magnetic fields

Wing span ratio. Anything that has wing span 3 times longer than the body can fly.

>hurrr if you believe in evaluation your stupid

fuck off

There's a reason they went extinct you know

T H I C C

Well, you are using "your" instead of the correct "you're" so you must be pretty dumb.

It didn't Dinosaurs are a hoax to make us believe the earth is old and to sell evolution.

They did develop flight separately from bats and birds and you're retarded if you think they didn't.

There's no evidence they had feathers either.

probably climbed up like fruit bats

>he didn't fly so good

it did have more oxygen which allows for bigger organisms like titanoboa, but I dont think that explains the flight

yeah, they went extinct because
1. after the meteor struck earth, sunlight was sparce
2. sparce sunlight means sparce plantlife
3. sparce plantlife means the larger prey couldn't eat enough to survive
4. sparce large prey means the larger predators couldn't eat enough to survive.

Earth's total biological population before the famous meteor strike was pretty enormous in comparison to earth's current population of biological organisms. Both in count and species diversity

the amount of arrogance is just amazing, I wonder what bubble you grew up in to help someone like you develop this trait.

if elevation was real we'd know about it, but top scholars have studied the bible for decades and found nothing, i mean think about it, if we all used to be monkies in the jungle then how come theres still loads for monkies in the jungle and they dont keep turn into people? face it evoluvation is just a liveral tric designed by the jew too corrupt our soft vunerable children and get them to turn away from good god almighty

It's not as heavy as it looks. Very brittle and nearly empty bone structure.

holy shit you are actually this fucking stupid and don't understand how fossils work.

Bats and birds evolved after pterosaurs. This is true. I feel like you're just shitposting though.

The term you're looking for is "biomass"

They only weighed like 300 pounds.

The real question is...
Could Chloe take down a Pterosaur?

How do you fuck your abs up like this?
Genuinely curious.

vodak and Beverly Hills Yoga classes

Looking good, Kylo.

Perhaps it had very hollow bones, and perhaps it could inflate its head with methane. Maybe they could explode if you shot them with a flare gun.

Gotcha. So just keep doing sit ups, crunches, and leg raises, and I'll be fine.

being old

reinjest your own cum bro, those gains can add up

visit us at if you want to know some good self-suck stretches

Probably flaps it's wings or something but I'm no scientist

>reinjest your own cum bro
I'll stick with the leg raises.

What if it had feathers? For real, there's no way of knowiung.

>>giant spiders

Funny thing, there's no record of giant spiders, the largest fossile found was only a few centimeter in leg span, about the same size as a house spider.

maybe it didn't.

You think a million years from now people will look at penguin skeletons, cover it with lizard skin, and say "how did this thing ever fly?"

Think of how many evolutions have been sold because of this dirty liberal trick. Truly sad.

It actually lived along flat lowlands around the ocean.
No cliffs

DON'T RATTLE ME BONES

Not oxygen levels, but the air was thicker. Meaning you can achieve more lift with the same surface area than in a thinner atmosphere.

Yes there is, the same way we know everything else that had feathers. By skin impression showing feathers and plug holes on skin and bones for feathers and quills.
Pterosaurs aren't dinosaurs like birds, they are reptiles.

Holly shit, they really teach that shit to kids.

What the fuck, americans.

Not really my dude. That picture isn't to scale. 50 KM and you're outside of all but the faintest whisps of atmosphere leaving the planet.
Even then you're officially recognized as an Astronaut if you've traveled more than 100km above the surface.
If you could drive in a car straight up getting to space would take you about an hour.

Science is a nazicommunist invention, they hate freedom and Jeezus and apple pies.

There were, however, centipedes longer than you are tall.
So let that shit be in your nightmares.

Looks like bread

I grew up in this shit. Luckily my dad never bought into young earth creationist bullshit but I did have to deal with a Youth Pastor who would rant about how stupid it was that people think fossils ended up on top of mountains because of "tectonic plates" when it just makes more sense it was the great flood.

Please tell me that's the biggest insect we know about, it's horrifying enough knowing we could grow those fucks if we had enough DNA samples

But wtf was a pastor doing in a school, It was a weird private one?

That thing is less icky than a modern centipede though. It's just too big, like a long armadillo. If I ever saw one I'd try and surf it.

I went to a private catholic school but it wasn't anywhere close to that, we just had bible study and we had to the chapel to pray a few times.
This makes me legit mad, children should protected from this kind of stuff, do what you want once you're an adult.