Wonder Woman not getting marketed?

stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/91927124/questions-raised-over-lack-of-marketing-for-wonder-woman

"Wonder Woman is less than six weeks away from its June 1 release but has only three trailers on the Warner Bros YouTube channel. Recent stable-mate Suicide Squad has 30. There are more videos on the channel for Justice League - out in November - than there are for Wonder Woman."

Frankly I didn't know Wonder Woman was even coming out in a month until I heard this news. Does DC want to sweep this one under the rug?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9waCtSVoZ0&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=GkRF-C2ozpjKUG-t-6
twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/857753817034522624
youtube.com/watch?v=VAOckoMitvA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MoS only had three trailers too. I think BvS as well.

There aren't enough quips to make more than three trailers.

who cares?

about the movie, I mean. Even if there was marketing it doesn't really look like an interesting movie in any real way

why have small shitty "entertainment" websites been writing these articles? I just saw two of them when I googled wonder woman a few minutes ago

I'm guessing WB knows the movie blows and don't want to pump any more money into than they have to. Trailer wise its probably because Gadot's acting wouldn't get here a side character role in a high school play, so they don't have a ton more footage to show in a trailer that isn't her talking

marketing blitz usually doesn't start until 3-4 weeks before release

>only three trailer
>only three
>only
I thought that was kind of the standard?

They can't get the bitch to follow a tennis-ball with her eyes for a trailer shot. If you watch the shot with the bullet her face follows it but her eyes are glued to the camera.

who cares about this movie

when the last BvS trailer came out, I had no idea that there was a new Wonder Woman trailer a week before it on the Warner Bros YouTube page until after I checked by chance
I think that's what it means
I've not seen anything to do with Wonder Woman anywhere

>why have small shitty "entertainment" websites been writing these articles?

shitting on WB/DC is the easiest way to create a clickbait article. Those who hate the DCEU want validation for their opinion while the others will run to defend it.

Why waste cash marketing a movie almost guaranteed to get killed by the competition? Have you seen it's release date?

Wasn't making her an honorary ambassador part of the marketing plan?

WW is not a priority because WB is aware it won't make them money like Suicide Squad
No point wasting more money on a sure flop

>all dem scared mouselovers

>Wasn't making her an honorary ambassador part of the marketing plan?
Of course!

kek

haha but that Spider-man trailer sucked

I mean, JL wasn't good either, but still

It is for full length trailers, but justice league has a shit ton 6 second teasers for each character. Marvel in general releases featurettes and clips for their films before release and like 80 fucking tv spots. I think BvS had atleast 2 clips out before it's release. Even Spider-Man has like 3 poster to add to its 2 trailers. It's still sort of early but it does seem like WB isn't trying to create buzz for the film.

Probably because Disney paid for them.

This, pretty much. Marveldrones are like rabid dogs and it's real easy to throw some meat out there to get them to spread your article around (like this very thread.)

>I'm gonna like this movie because of company wars

you are no better than the people who mindlessly praise marvel

>Not OF COURSH

One fucking job user

>Wonder Woman not getting marketed?
And I still can't stop hearing about it from you fucks.

>Wonder Woman not getting marketed
Well shit, I could tell you that.

I mean compare the way WW's marketing to the previous 3 movies and it's like a complete bust. BvS and SS took over the billboards at Times Square when they were coming out

Why do people not fucking understand how this works?

Literally every single Marvel movie in the last year has got the same stupid articles going "why isn't the movie being marketed!!! It's doomed!!!"

You don't start marketing a month out from the movie anymore. You market the week of the movie and when it's out. Telling people something is coming soon doesn't fucking do anything if there's no product for them to get right now anymore. Welcome to the age of instant gratification.

The only people who care about a movie before it's out are fans on the internet, in which case they obviously don't need to be advertised to because they already know about the movie.

Move theaters are gonna be dead in five years anyway, the last thing distributors need is to be wasting millions of dollars on weeks of useless marketing.

Well compared to BvS and SS it's not getting marketed as much, that's true.

They're probably gonna start marketing it more aggressively in the last 2-3 weeks, WB knows it won't make as much as BvS and SS so there's no reason to waste money on constant marketing for months.

>I'm guessing WB knows the movie blows and don't want to pump any more money into than they have to.

Didn't stop them from slurging money into BvS and SS.

Don't need to, Skeet! I do all the marketing in my head!

I do think it's weird how little people are talking about Wonder Woman, but that might just be because it feels like there was a lot of whining about "why no wonder woman movie" for five or six years straight. Now that it's actually coming out no one gives a shit.

Which is par for the course, of course. And I doubt WB is going to sink millions into an inflated marketing budget they're probably not sure they'll make back like with JL or BvS. Plus this way if the movie fails they have an excuse.

all the advertising they need to really do is how after the movie comes out there gonna be a ultimate edition of the blu ray and how that the movie we were really supposed to see

>I do think it's weird how little people are talking about Wonder Woman
Well that's because regular people don't know really anything about WW except her powers maybe

Does anybody even remember how she had an invisible jet anymore? That used to be a recurring gag

>Well that's because regular people don't know really anything about WW except her powers maybe
Frankly I don't even think they know that. I think they know she's female and that's all they really care about. MAYBE the whole "block bullets with bracelets thing" or the lasso but that's it.

isn't she preggos?

Justice league is DC's Avengers. The lynch pin of their expanded universe. Wonder Woman is the Hulk. If it works great. But if it flops who gives a shit.

It looks edgy, humorless, with a cookie cutter plot and a shit ton of virtue signaling.

They know about the Justice League cartoon network series if they are under thirty and if they are over 45 they know about Lynda Carter. She's far more popular with casuals then with hardcore readers.

It feels that people expect it to succeed because Batman and Superman do. Say what shit you want to but both MoS and Returns made money. Hell, Dark Knight was a gold mine.

Because most people don't understand that franchises are as much about brand as marketing. I can show you a billion Fantastic Four spots and they'll be awesome. It still won't fix the brand damage it has sustained.

Have you seen the trailers? It looks terrible, showing even more if it will just put people off
It's not like suicide squad whose marketing was built in the back of the Joker and a meme actor like Leto

Nobody is saying she's a literally who

But like do people really know her? Do they really know her powers? Her origins? Can you walk up to anyone on the street and ask "What island is Wonder Woman from" or if they can even pronounce Themyscira.

Can they name a single WW villain that isn't Hades because that's the easy answer? These are basic things you can ask about Supes and Bats to people but Wondy is so far out of the public eye she doesn't even have a solo video game

This is why it bothers me when people use her as a pedestal for [insert cause here] but don't know who she "is".

I didn't start seeing ads for GOTG2 until a week before it came out. Same for strange. I think this is standard now

>she doesn't even have a solo video game
She would be perfect for a video game, especially if she can't fly. It could be a fun one too!

>I didn't start seeing ads for GOTG2 until a week before it came out.
Clearly you don't live in New York because there's been ads for about 3 or 4 weeks now

I remember when movies basically only had 1 trailer. I usually only watch 1 anyway.

>What island is Wonder Woman from

Paradise Island, home of the Amazons. Duh.

Yeah but Justice League could use all the hype it can get after the fiasco of Batman vs Superman. A good movie leading into Justice League, one that's well-promoted, is not really a bad idea.

They're probably saving it for closer to the release date to avoid getting lost in the midst of the marketing for all the other big hitters coming out (GotG2, Alien, Pirates, etc).

>Wasn't making her an honorary ambassador part of the marketing plan?
She and WW got kicked out of the UN for not being feminist enough

>In a twist fate of events, WW actually is the first fresh DC movie with lots of praise
>underpreforms and WB learns nothing from it

There was absolutely no marketing done for Disneys frozen. They no no merchandise to sell to the public until 6 months after the movie was released. How much money did that make again?

They fucked up by not adding armpit hair!

You're not seriously thinking these are going to be the same situations are you?

Do you guys think the kids that like DC Super Hero Girls will stop being fans of the cartoons and return their toys and dvds if they go to see the Wonder Woman the movie is dark and has Wonder Woman cutting people up with a sword and is a bad movie?

Isnt DC giving out Tiaras and bracelets for the movie too. And shes on soda cans like the last couple of movies.
There is marketing but its not loud market.
I dont think WB wants to sell it as something that its not. But there is tons of WW shit out already but the trailers should play more soon as well as spomsers from like subway or mcdonalds.

I imagine there will be a HUGE marketing push around Mother's Day (USA). WB would be stupid not to at least attempt a mother-guilting campaign:

>You're not interested in watching WW as soon as it's released? What, do you hate your mother or something? Do you know how much she sacrificed for you!? The least you could do is watch Wonder Woman, which is basically a documentary of your mom kicking ass. If you don't watch it, you're literally a Hitler who kills mothers instead of jews.

I mean, shit, that's how I'd do it anyway.

What was the mistake it avoided making?

I guess WB saw all the stories.

youtube.com/watch?v=e9waCtSVoZ0&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=GkRF-C2ozpjKUG-t-6

they'll do it when something better comes out to replace it

the movie being bad is already a given

Mom, want to see an action movie 2+ weeks after Mother's Day?

MoS had more trailers. BvS had 4 if you count the first teaser.

Anyway I don't think it's being undermarketed. There's probably one last trailer coming.

it's gonna bomb so hard

See Ares briefly fighting at 12 seconds.

twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/857753817034522624

Nobody care about WW.

this

>Disney makes Lucasfilm put out these things because DC makes cartoons like this that start to become somewhat popular

I'm surprised they haven't gotten Marvel or Lucasfilm to make something like Teen Titans Go yet

>edgy
I dont think you know what that word means

This

Literally nothing you said had anything to do with the post you replied to, other than they were both about marketing.

Like you basically just had a completely different thought and somehow thought it was related to that post you replied to.

youtube.com/watch?v=VAOckoMitvA

>Does anybody even remember how she had an invisible jet anymore?

Yes, in fact only pleb nerds don't seem to remember that, ironically

Every trailer I see actually quite like......until Gal opens her mouth and reminds me that she can't act for shit.

Why the fuck they let Snyder hire a model with zero acting experience to play the most iconic and well known female superhero of all time is fucking beyond me.

That actually looks pretty good, better than the last trailers.

>Zero marketing
>Bad hype
>Screentests came out very negative
>Forced reshoots very recently while Gal is still pregnant

This is looking really bad.

The lasso looks great

>it's gonna bomb so hard
Why?

>Thread already derailed by mouse shills

You really can't discuss anything DCEU here can you?

Nobody is going to go see it anyway.
They're doing us a favor.

Believe it or not but most people couldn't care less about Wonder Woman. They could have George Miller direct and Charlize Theron star and only console warriors and a few dykes would give a shit. No one wants a fucking Black Widow movie either. Captain Marvel is also uninteresting. If you want to make a womyn hero movie that isn't focusing on being slutty then stick to the small screen like Netflix.

I forgot this was coming out this year because I'm used to companies releasing superhero trailers years before the films due for release.
I thought WW was another year off and we'd have to sit through like 30 more shitty teasers that show the same footage over and over again.
Glad that's not the case.

He wanted her as Faora. And decided to bring her back for Wonder Woman and claimed she and Affleck hit it off.

>womyn
Why do you spell it that way?

As an admitted DC-shill, I want the film to be good.

But I very, VERY much dread that not being the case.

>As an admitted DC-shill, I want the film to be good.
>But I very, VERY much dread that not being the case.
Warner needs either WW or JL to be a critical hit. One of the other.

And it is pretty clear at this point they are going all in with JL, because that has Batman in it.

What's funny is that at this point it's much more justifiable to be pessimistic about Justice League than Wonder Woman. We already know what Snyder's DC movies are like. They're divisive and polarizing at best. We don't know what Patty Jenkins' DC movies are like. In this instance it really is better to pick the devil you don't know.

>What's Wonder Woman's origin
She's Zeus's daughter. Or she's made out of clay. She's an Amazon princess, certainly. But she might actually be adopted?
>Where's she from
Some magic lesbian Amazon island perpetually stuck in ancient Greek times.
>What's her base of operations?
I have no idea if she has a city she protects like Gotham, Metropolis, New York etc. I guess she might hang out on her island a lot?
>What are her powers
Super strength and resistence. Lasso that forces people to tell the truth. Bracelets that can deflect bullets. A tiara she can throw. An invisible jet she hasn't uses since the 70s. I don't think she can fly normally unless she has a flight ring. Really I think her only power is strength and everything else is just magic gadgets.
>What's her personality
She's kind? But also she doesn't think twice about killing her enemies.
>Who is her love interest
Steve Trevor, Batman, Superman
>Who is her supporting cast
I don't know. Other Amazons I think?
>Who are her enemies
Circe. I know because of DC Online. Ares cause he's always a bad guy in anything based off Greek mythology. Hades too I guess. Cheetara I know because of furry posting.
I know nothing about any of their personalities or motivations or goals though.

That's all I've gleamed from posts about her on Sup Forums.

Do you think anyone knew anything about Iron-Man before 2008?

WW's in a weird position though where her name is super well known and she's an iconic character, but no one knows anything about her.
It doesn't matter that no one knew Iron Man before 2008 because Iron Man wasn't iconic.

Hard to discuss anything Marvel or DC here. Shitposting seems to have gotten even worse than usual lately.

WW has the advantage of being iconic and people can better learn about the character then.

WB has wanted Gal Gadot to be a star for a looooong time. She was a guest star on Entourage in what was supposed to be a big role, but she was so awful -- so goddamn awful on a mediocre-ish show with mediocre/bad actors -- that the role had to be changed.

:^)

Good point.
Also kek.

Why do they keep pushing her when she clearly can't act? There are times when you've just got to cut bait.

Israeli beauty pageant princess.
She's the chosen one. Babs is getting really fucking old.

I absolutely hate the "jewish media conspiracy" shitposts but Gadot being a thing makes a good case for it.

>Wonder woman film comes out.
>Does terrible in commercial, critical and every possible aspect.
>Hurt so much her image she's dethroned as DC main female character.

Which female character do you think could climb to fill her spot?

If WW fails (which is will) we're not going to get another female led cape film for another 30 years.

The obvious answer from marketing, and probably from the morons at Warner Bros, is Harley Quinn. I like to think DC, itself, has too much integrity to stoop that low, however.

But Wonder Woman IS their highest-profile female hero that isn't tied into a male-dominated franchise. I suppose they could try again with a Green Lantern and push Jessica. Zatanna has also received a small push lately, given how prominent she's been in the JL Action cartoon.

Harley