Enough. You're parked in a no-whining zone. Take some responsibility. Peter's not the reason you failed...

>Enough. You're parked in a no-whining zone. Take some responsibility. Peter's not the reason you failed. You wanna pass a test? Study. You wanna be popular? Be popular. Take control of your destiny. Harry, life's pretty simple. You cowboy up, and do what you have to do.

Instances where asshole characters were completely right.

>implying Stormin' Norman has ever been wrong.

>The gypsies live outside the normal order. Their heathen ways inflame the peoples' lowest instincts, and they must be stopped

They also prostitute, sell drugs and occupy houses.

Weisman talked about that line and pointed out that while it sounds really good and tough love, it's actually pretty meaningless and has nothing constructive in it whatever. Which is Norman's parenting style on the whole.

He's basically saying "just flip a switch" so is it really any wonder that Harry's next step was too take performance enhancement drugs?

Jesus, Raimi put THAT in the movie too??

>Take some responsibility.
>"Don't apologize. I never do."

What did he mean by this?

Norman Basedborn of Based Industries strikes again, i see.

It means he's an asshole.

Apologizing means admitting you were wrong.
The proper course of action is to make the other party believe they were in the wrong and get them to apologize.

To be fair, Harry was kind of a whiny little shit. Then again, that was probably because of Norman.

>never apologizes for anything
>never gets any comeuppance because the series was canceled

Not actually the character, but it channels the character so accurately.

reminds me of this

And his mom, who seemed to be dead inside.

This. People whine too much and work too little nowadays. They expect practically everything to be handed to them because they're parents told them about what special little snowflakes they were and now they expect the world to bend down to their every need and can't comprehend why people don't do so.

Holy shit, Jameson.

pffhahahaHAHA people these days no longer can afford a 2 bedroom house on a high school diploma-job. But they think kids dont work hard enough to earn that same house now? you are a good joke

Neither could people in the past, that's why mortgages exist. You live with your parents or roommates and save money until you can.

To busy focusing on dat steak.

It's the opposite of "With great power..." Norman is a massive hypocrite. He framed Harry for his own crimes and later tried to justify what he did to him.

Whenever I see a comment like this I imagine a person in their 40s or over wrote it. I don't mean that in a good way.

>le wrong generation

>Desperately want a third season
>They will have to kill Gwen as planned
>Carnage
I hate life

venom on suicide watch

Apparently she was supposed to be voiced by Marina Sirtis. So that kind of tells what kind of personality she would've had.

Gwen wasn't going to die until the Peter in college direct-to-video movies.

>they're
For somebody with such a good work ethic, you sure don't bother double-checking your posts.

The constructive part is "don't blame others for you being a failure."

Totally read that in J.K. Simmons' voice. Fucking perfect.

...I only know her from Trek, and Deanna Troi was kind of a hippie. Is that the implication here?

This is some great pasta, hard worker.

You'll have that head chef job in no time telling people on Sup Forums about 'the special snowflakes'.

When it comes to Weisman shows she was Demona from Gargoyles and Queen Bee from Young Justice, both villains.

>You wanna pass a test? Study.
>You cowboy up, and do what you have to do.
There's some constructive advice right there.

I do enjoy the "wanna do something? Stop winning and fucking do it" mentality he has. Look at him. He wanted to become the most powerful crimelord in New York and in no time he was in a goblin costume throwing exploding pumpkins, fighting off men in tight suits and even wrestling with the Hulk.

Osborn is top villian.

you sound like a baby boomer. are you user?

Kind of hard for me to choose between Doc Ock and Green Goblin as Spidey's best villain.

I like the parallels between Peter and Otto, how easily Peter could have ended like Otto, for example.

No, I'm 22 and I've been working since I was 13 going to school as well. I'm on the way to owning my own business and I only got there through hard work.

Peter could have turned out like a lot of his villains. Vulture, Lizard, Ock, Osborn.

Speaks to the testament of Ditko's characters, I think, even though he opposed osborn as the goblin it works with his theme.

Hell, I remember an issue when Peter was a high school teacher and some dude entered shooting. Spiderman stopped him and it turned out it was one kid who got bullied to the extreme. And it ended with Peter wondering if he could have been that kid had he not become a super hero.
Peter Parker is one fucked up individual.

Good for you user. I mean that.

A lot of people on here will break you down for being successful. However, that is the way you find success.

A lot of people need to find what success means to them, or else they stagnant and become vitriolic to anybody who found their own success.

To everyone, just note the hard work. It's the hard work that defines you.

i wish i could do that :( telling someone you got to where you were with only hard work shows you don't know shit yet.

Don't need to be a boomer to have a sense of history
>Many 19th-century American families did not fit into this nuclear family ideal, as it was expensive. High housing costs meant more people than just the nuclear family often lived under one roof. Extended families, including grandparents and other relatives, were most numerous in the mid-19th century. Immigrants clung to traditional extended-family forms, and poorer families often included grandparents, grandchildren, and sometimes aunts and uncles in order to maximize sources of income and save on rent. Men, women, and children worked long hours for low wages in dirty, cramped surroundings in the sweatshops of major cities. Although the ideal woman was supposed to be pure, innocent, and domestic, most poor women had to work. Taking in boarders, such as young men and women working in local factories, was another way that families earned money, although they gave up family privacy.
The "everyone needs to move out when they turn 18" meme from the mid-late 20th centruy was unsustainable. We're just in the process of going back to normal.

Fucking greatness.

why did Killer Moth's head just explode?

worth mentioning that up till partway through the 90's when Osborn came back to life, that Otto was Peter's main and most dangerous foe, and indeed was one of the few Spider-Man enemies to remain dangerous outside of his book(people tend to forget just how smart Otto is supposed to be, or how truly lethal his tentacles can be)

>The "everyone needs to move out when they turn 18" meme from the mid-late 20th centruy was unsustainable. We're just in the process of going back to normal.
that is true, although the way our culture is reacting to it isn't very pretty

Do you think Peter could have ended up like the first villain he ever faced? I talk of course of Chip, the family friend who molested him

>family barely makes enough money to gey by
>dad spends 20 hours a day out doing god know what
>no siblings
>working on fields with my grandfather on the summer
>working on family business rest of the year
>going to school at the same time
>studying whenever I get a rest

Thanks man. You're pretty cool.

>worth mentioning that up till partway through the 90's when Osborn came back to life, that Otto was Peter's main and most dangerous foe, and indeed was one of the few Spider-Man enemies to remain dangerous outside of his book(people tend to forget just how smart Otto is supposed to be, or how truly lethal his tentacles can be)
I've always enjoyed Otto's character.
Say what you want about Superior Spiderman, but I loved the character development it gave Otto. Specially his romance with Anna Maria.

>spoiler
Not canon.

Next thing you'll be telling me is that he never defeated Doc Ock with Hostess Fruit Pies!

>Say what you want about Superior Spiderman, but I loved the character development it gave Otto. Specially his romance with Anna Maria.
my problems with Superior has less to do with Otto himself, and more what it did to everyone else in the Marvel Universe so I can definitely see your perspective

Seriously, this dude seemed on the tipping point in his high school days

I'm in my 40s and I know that post is bullshit. Things are fucked these days.

To be fair, all that falls apart when he literally did all that shit because he fell to humanities lowest instincts, and then subsequently had to be stopped because he was both out of order and causing trouble for everyone.

>work too little nowadays
>nowadays

Fuck off back to the pub Nigel, and let the people with actual jobs get on with their lives.

Jameson was always a great character though; he, like Spiderman, also got even better when Spiderman started moving into other comics, what with his take on the mutant/vigilante stance cleared up, his clear distaste for villains, the fact that while he's a dick to his employees he usually lies to protect them.

>why did Killer Moth's head just explode?

The Injustice comic. He was in Waller's Suicide Squad and a fake Batman detonated the bombs inside some of their heads.

Except because he was unable to tailor his fathering to meet Harry's needs when he was a younger child, he turned the boy into an anxious wreck, caught between feelings of worthlessness and his need to validate himself with his father attention (not even love, just any kind of attention rather than ignoring him for work).

He made his child not WANT to be popular, not want to pass tests or be strong or successful really, all he wants is attention from his Father, Mother, or surrogates (Peter and any woman he interacts with).

No one respects a boy who apologizes all the time. that doesn't mean you should NEVER apologize

Eh, yeah he had a point about the study thing.

Ny the end of Season 2 they made it pretty clear that Norman's idea of 'cowboying up' was being a total prick with no moral standards that wasn't in Harry's best interests or health.

but why are you here then?

so who else got exploded?

I rewatched that episode recently and while Harry was definitely relying on others too much, in that specific instance I'd be pretty pissed too.
It was the second time that Peter bailed on him and that was only because Peter begged Harry to give him another chance.

I do like that they lifted Peter being kind of a bad friend and taking on too much responsibility from those older comics. Spectacular's one of the few Spidey adaptations I've seen that take those melodrama complexities from the college years.