Disney is panicking so hard right now that they've gone all out with imdb marketing. It was a normal page until today

Disney is panicking so hard right now that they've gone all out with imdb marketing. It was a normal page until today.

They must be really scared of the backlash

Why can't they just accept the backlash so they can claim this is an underrated must-see? I feel like it worked decently for BvS.

What's there to panic about? It might take these nerds months, but eventually they will move on with their lives. Meanwhile, real functional adults can watch the movie, accept it, and continue on without being a whiny faggot.

it'll make a billion and they've have enough youtubers and bloggers to gush over it that they probably consider it a new high, at least on the books

as retarded as TLJ was i dont think the marketing was too bad, kept the mystery box by showing the same 5 scenes. lots of walmart tie-in junk and the NFL shit but overall no where near as obnoxious and intrusive as TFA marketing.
Though porgs were added in post.

I don't know I think I honestly feel over this childrens space wizard series. Theres like 2 decent movies in 40 years with at least a decade of nonstop starshit to come.
TFA(and even rogue one) was shallow and transparent but at least it was painfully trying to be star wars and didn't thematically shit on star wars and old characters.
If I have to have a crazy manchild write and direct a mess full of random goofy shit, bad humor, and toy ads like the TLJ, id rather it of been George's

It’s already half way to a billion and it hasn’t been out a week. They’re doing just fine.

The movie isn’t going to get anywhere near TFA numbers and the fact it’s actually shit will have a knock on effect for Solo

Nah, the page was like that for me when it came out. Maybe they rolled it out serially.

imdb always does this with big-budget movies

>adventure

The only other film to beat it's current pace is TFA. Why don't you research before you open your dumb nigger mouth.

>The estimated gross worldwide for the film to break even is around $800 million.[96]

It's having a larger drop off then R1 which barley made a billion. There's also a solo movie coming out if 5 months that'll need to make over 800mil assuming it had a comparable budget of 250mil like the last 3 films did.

The drop off will only increase next week because there’s no momentum dumb shill

darth icky want milkies, this can only mean one thing

If TLJ fails to surpass or even match R1's first month numbers Disney is going to lose their shit.

INVASION

The thing is it not only ruins all future SW movies, it also retroactively ruins the past films and makes them all look like idiots.

>A New Hope - "Sir we've worked out the final plan for the assault on the death star and it will be risky and cost many lives but it migh-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it"

>Empire - "Sir the troops are ready for the ground assault on Hoth, walkers are ready to deploy" "Just Hyperspace-Ram the shield generator from orbit then Hyperspace-ram the rebel base. Boom. All the rebels will be dead before they can evacuate, wars over, and we never had to do a ground assault"

>Jedi - "Sir they built a new death star and it's even bigg-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it" "But sir its surrounded by a shield from the Endor moo-" "Just hyperspace ram the endor Moon until you take out the shield generator, Ewoks are collateral damage, then hyperspace ram the new death star"

>Phantom Menace - "Annakin you have to take out that droid controller" "Just hyperspace ram it"

>Rogue One - "We have to take down that shield generator!" "Just hyperspace ra- actually you know what were going to just hyperspace ram the death star anyway so we don't even need these stupid plans. Lets get out of here everybody."

>TFA - My god they built an even BIGGER death sta-" "Just hyperspace ram it"

From now on, in every star wars movie ever made, every single time there is a massive fleet, large base or battlestation everyone watching will be thinking. "Why don't they just hyperspace-ram it". Johnson did this to the entire star wars cinematic universe, forever, for the sake of a ten second shot that "looked cool".

Just wait or Rian's trilogy to be taken away from him like how Whedon was fired from marvel after Avengers 2 failed to make more then Avengers 1.

The real question: how will the merchandise sell?

the only thing i can see selling decently is old luke.

Some faggot is going to crawl out of the woodwork with something like "muh technological advancement", completely ignoring the fact that tension is key to getting an audience to care about a film. If every rebel ship can destroy a fleet, the bad guys are no longer a threat.

>real functional adults can watch the movie, accept it
What if they don't want to watch it?
Why are people obligated to either like it or accept it?

They'll make billions from porg merch

>Grasping this hard.

I've been getting this annoying ass page since the 15th, it's called an advertisement.

>How dare Walmart interrupt my SpongeBob reruns, they must be going out of business xD.

eh, the movie was pretty good

>muh noble suicide bombers
pander to muslims - check

Saving this. Thank you user.

Droids, mate.

THICC

God I hope this happens.

Also funny enough Starkiller Base shield do not protect against things going light speed so hyperspace ramming is a viable strategy.

>they've gone all out with Sup Forums marketing.
FTFY