BRIGHT REVIEWS

How will Max Landis defend another shitty movie he's created?

Tomatometer inbound, expect it to be low.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo
joblo.com/movie-news/netflix-has-already-ordered-a-sequel-to-david-ayer-s-bright-142?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=JoBloFB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Max Landis keeps getting work despite creating nothing but trash but a budding screenwriter like myself has no chance

After TLJ who the fuck cares what those apes think?

Movie probably wasn't progressive enough.

>Every race is different
Dropped fucking racists

yeah but how many children has your dad decapitated?

>hollywood nepotism

he's written one competent movie and the rest is mostly trash, who else can be involved in so many flops and still get work

It's another "Max Landis writes a terrible movie" episode

Who cares about the gay son of that child killer?

Will Smith's career now is just one inch above Joe Piscopo's.

Will smith is like one of the very few decent black actor. How did he star in nothing but shit now. Did raising his son with so much degeneracy curse his career

Justice for Vic Morrow

I think it's because he lurks here often and also always blames someone else for his movies being terrible.

It actually looked pretty decent. I'm going to give it a watch.

"Fairy lives don't matter today."

It's pretty telling that Max Landis wrote this.

Black person here, has anyone seen the movie? Are orcs worse than niggers?

More to the point, what the FUCK happened to David Ayer? How do you go from Training Day and Fury to Suicide Squad and this?

From the director of “Suicide Squad” and the writer of “Victor Frankenstein” comes a fresh slice of hell that somehow represents new lows for them both — a dull and painfully derivative ordeal that that often feels like it was made just to put those earlier misfires into perspective. The only thing more predictable than this high-concept police story is the idea that a year as punishing as 2017 would save the worst for last. At least “The Emoji Movie” owned up to the fact that it was just putting shit on screen; at least “The Emoji Movie” had the courtesy to dress it up in a bowtie.

Holy shit

How did the director of Fury reach JUST status so fast?

Its probably fun
but you are probably right mang, you should go to see TLJ again.

this. it has to be the blood sacrifice

He's officially done. Max Landis should be as well, especially if the sex abuse scandal breaks.

Although a sequel to this has already been ordered by Netflix.

literal soyboi

If Training Day were to be released today it would get Bright's score.

He knows whose dick to suck in Hollywood

It's been over a decade since Pursuit of Happyness, has Will Smith been in a single good movie since then?

the not so fresh prince

If it's bad why will future movies emulate it?

>a year as punishing as 2017
cucks can't get over their loss, and take every opportunity to remind s

Critics just don't like dumb mindless buddy cop films, genre busting.

>There may be no more unexpected (or damning) faint praise for David Ayer’s new movie “Bright” than this: It made me wish I was watching “Suicide Squad” instead.

lel

I think he means future Netflix movies if the thing is successful on their platform.

They'll pump out more shitty, blockbusters.

Rather than put time and work into good content.

wtf who do I believe???

>the idea that a year as punishing as 2017 would save the worst for last

GROMBALD GRAMBLEPATCH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR BAD MOVIES!!!!!

Men In Black 3 wasn't too bad

Well he just tries everyone's

>3.6/10

I feel like Bright will be decent if you're not expecting anything too serious, probably perfect for those nights where you can't sleep and just need something mildly entertaining to watch.

Bright review: "A genre mashup awkward enough to make 'Cowboys & Aliens' look like a stroke of genius".

>Harsh Times (spickino)
>Street Kings (meh)
>End of Watch (brokino)
>Sabotage (meh)
>Fury (tankino)
>Suicide Squad (oh shit!!! wft you doing?!)
>Bright (please stahp)

>trusting critics on RT after TLJ reviews

Bright confirmed better than Beasts of No Nation, suck it Elba.

>haha orcs are the new dindus GET IT ITS SOCIAL COMMENTARY

God I fucking hate Hollywood

>republicans

Jesus fucking Christ what is wrong about America? Why the fuck is everything about politics now?

>85% user score

You know it's gonna happen.

I saw that. Must be because the soundtrack has been getting a lot of plays and Will Smith can attract a good crowd on Netflix

The real question is, who's trying to sabotage Landis? Sure he's no, maverick auteur but he's also not as incompetent as he's made out to be. What did he do, suck the wrong dick?

The toll has an eternal roll.

Believe in the first review. Person sounds like they understood that Ayer did cop thrillers before Bright and this is his specialty.

American here, critics are now offering unsolicited political opinions in their reviews because they're still butthurt about Trump winning. Only conservative outlets except Ben Shapiro offers some real news.

David has always been hit or miss. He should stick to writing.

>max landis
>black man with a white wife

every fucking time.

The one that actually seems to know how to write full sentences without turning it into a twatter faggot manifesto.
You 'murrikans are literally insane about your cultural wars for incels.

loved this fucking show and the movie tbhfam

>Only conservative outlets except Ben Shapiro offers some real news.
This is a lie and you it is, you dishonest faggot cuck.
You fags are literally just like your enemies, worthless slime that poisoned this board with your bullshit and idiocy.

Tore this movie a new asshole.

youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo

Seriously, what the fuck happened? After End of Watch and Fury, Sabotage wasn't his fault, you'd think he was going to be good for years to come.

Wow i'm shocked

Suicide Squad was a mess because DC stepped in and forced it to be fun because people didn't like the dark tone of Batman v. Superman. Cop Thrillers as a genre isn't popular anymore because critics have shit taste.

is that David Icke?

Genuine question - Every single thing this guy has been involved with OTHER than Chronicle (which according to Josh Trank Landis had little major involvement with) has been;

A. A commercial failure
B. A critical failure
C. Hated by fans if it's an adaptation

How many chances does he get before they say enough is enough?

Or is he truly being screwed in every possible way by studios and networks? And if that's the case, why does he seem PROUD of the absolute dog shit he has directed or TV shows he has created like Dirk Gently?

If they were fuddled with to a point of no repair by networks and studios, he doesn't let on or even imply they aren't his perfect visions of how they should be.

>Nudity, Profanity and Blood

>NOT for adolescents

The movie is probably trash, but Noel Murray sounds like an absolute fucking idiot.

Who does he think the central audience for Robocop or Total Recall was back in the day?

i wrote a pilot about a human/fantasy creature police force and now i have scrap it because of max i want to kill myself

Max Landis is trash

Because his scripts are actually decent and most importantly he knows how to pitch them, they just get completely destroyed by committee driven rewrites like everything else in the movie business.

Again, movie looks like a turd, but David Ehrlich is almost a parody of Soy Boys.

>he's written one competent movie
The more he writes, the more it makes me think that Josh Trank carried that film.

>a year as punishing as 2017

What is it with this meme? Did I miss something?

The script I sold is out there - download it, read it and then watch the movie for yourself, and then tell me that's the film I wrote.

Once I sold to Netflix, I wasn't involved in any of the rewrites (Leilah, 'quips', etc). It sucks, but that's the business. Only time it didn't happen was Chronicle, and DG, which people like. Judge me on those.

Well, his writing the script for the American Werewolf From London remake. So let's all wish him luck

I unironically enjoy Dirk Gently

I think Landis' problem is that he has these grand and lofty concepts but the 2 hour time limit of a movie forces it into a cluster fucked version of what he originally intended

when he has entire seasons to work on a plot it ends up far superior to his film work

Variety is a """"respected"""" legacy publication that has been covering movies for decades.

Indiewire is a clickb8 soy boy random contributor mill that just whines about politics.

So the answer is neither.

He keeps taking on projects that aren't his (Sabotage, Suicide Squad, now this) because he thinks it will be his commercial breakthrough, and they are turds.

He's like the director equivalent of Michael Fassbender

BLONALD DRUPMF IS STILL PREZIDENT

the fcc thing is pretty fucked but past that i dont really know

Theres not much to watch on Netflix as it is, people are definitely gonna watch it regardless.

Shut up Max. Your ideas and movies are shit.

You really want people to judge you on fucking Dirk Gently?

Ouch man.

Also when are you going on BOTW again?

I feel like people should be allowed to ruin movies via remakes if they are the children of the original directors.

I'm gonna watch it regardless and probably hate it.

Holy shit I was genuinely hyped for this.
I guess I am finally dropping Max Landis. Gal Godot x Bradley Cooper in Deeper is going to be awful.

>You really want people to judge you on fucking Dirk Gently?

in fairness Dirk Gently is pretty good though

Muh Nigga

Would down a glass of sour milk with.

this movie actually looks fairly fun, in a mentally handicapped sort of way. Perfect for ripping a blunt with a buddy with.
THIS is the kinda movie they should mean when they say turn off your brain

Maybe if you're blind and deaf and hate yourself.

>daddy can you call netflix for me

Expensive cast and real director.

Who knows.

>tfw you realize the downed helicopter was no accident, but rather a sacrifice made to the cinema gods so they would guarantee continued work for the Landis bloodline

>How will Max Landis defend another shitty movie he's created?

apparently no defense is necessary

joblo.com/movie-news/netflix-has-already-ordered-a-sequel-to-david-ayer-s-bright-142?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=JoBloFB

If you're really him, then I agree with what other user said, you should focus more on TV than movies. You have good ideas but they are ruined because of the transition into a feature length film. TV shows let you expand whatever the fuck you want to do.

If you're not him, oh well I still think that,

You said the same shit about Victor Frankenstein, so I read your script and it was just as bad as the movie.

Thanks man. You have no idea how much we enjoyed Dirk, and Channel Zero was crazy. Got lots of ideas for more streaming/TV projects.

I know nobody will believe it's me, so fuck it - Deeper is fucked and probably will be worse than Bright. Sucks for everyone, really wanted to bring back thrillers like The Abyss.

Let's think...

>FUCKING DRUMPF REEEEE.
>Rise of literal nazis who goosestepped people to death.
>A bunch of hollywood """feminists""" got outed as rapists and perverts.
>People had to spend weeks pretending that they didn't know what the casting couch was and that they were shocked and mortified to find out.
>Not much else really.

Just first worlds having first world problems, pretty much.

You probably suck.

Your dad didn't make the blues brothers so fuck you

Max writes scripts, not movies. Maybe he's at fault for some of the shit that ends up on screen, but from what I can gather he has little to no say on whatever the producer/director/actors want to change, remove or add. Once the script is sold, that's it.

There's so few people working in hollywood who get to write and direct movies and thus maintain a persistent vision. I'm sure Max Landis is just one of hundreds writers who get fucked on a daily basis.

And fuck you, Dirk Gently is great

But I've read his scripts and they're bad as scripts too.