Anyone else find Kylo extremely disappointing?

Most disappointing villain in modern history.

I think that was on purpose. There was not a single scene where I saw him a threatening.

The real villain is Snoke. Kylo is just a lackey.

Can I get a Star Wars movie without a whiny white kid?

I get what you're saying, but him stopping the blaster mid flight was fucking awesome.

>whiny

Can we get one Star Wars discussion where people don't say this overblown, inaccurate shit just because they heard someone else say it

>like ugh can I just get one star wars movie without white people
>it's the current year people

I thought that he was kinda unique in that he's an autist.

is this bait or are you actually retarded? everyone who isnt a manchild/ an actual child realizes what the point of kylo was and appreciates the character for it instead of crying for yet another le BADASS!!!11 like fucking general grievous

He was fucking awesome til he took off the mask, which was the point.

Prefer those whiny white kids over full blown nigga apes

While he may be tehcnicaly better acted he is some how a shit ton less intresting the anakin

>modern history

Nigga it literally says "A long time ago" how the fuck you calling that modern.

Take it back to Sup Forums asshole

Every Star Wars villain is disappointing. Vader had a little bulbous white head. Fett fell into a hole. Maul didn't do anything and then fell apart. The robot man was stupid. Duku was dumb. The Emperor is stupid. Star Wars is lame.

Because he's not a villain. Rey is going to be. That's the plot twist.

>The Emperor is stupid

really makes you think about how dumb the rest of the galaxy was to get played so hard by Sheev

>kill all the Jedi
>spend 30 years telling everyone the Jedi were just a myth
>they actually fucking believe it

17 years not 30 years

Was taking the mask off part of the plan?

idk Finn was pretty whiny in that same movie

I had decided to reserve judgement until we see more of his character. Curious to see what they do with him.

I did find it disappointing that he lost a lightsaber duel to Rey, even if he was wounded/at half strength, considering his force abilities and the fact that he apparently had received some training from Luke himself.

I think I would have liked him more if he just kept his mask on the entire time

That's the point; he's not a full blown villain, he's on the knife edge of evil and good. He wants strength, but he feels he only has strength when he's evil, and he resents the pull of the light side of the force because of this.

He still wants Anakin's lightsaber, and he knew he had to kill his father despite stalling for 5 minutes. He couldn't even use dark side powers in his final fight without smacking his wound repeatedly for the pain.

Not that hard. Armenia took like 5 years to completely obscure to the general public until later on, Holocaust deniers came out of the woodwork within 10 years, and the Jedi mainly only existed within a temple in a singular city, with religious/farming/research outposts scattered around the galaxy.

I can genuinely see this.

It's interesting. Especially later when you realize that instead of it being a casual show of power he was probably just being a tryhard. After all Vader always just did the practical thing and deflected shots. He never tried to show off how cool he thought he was.

What's wrong Dylann? You sad you arent America's sweetheart anymore?

>Rey as the villain

I don't think Disney will do this, by it would be amazing.

>lost lightsaber duel to Rey

same. my reasoning is that he wasn't trying to kill/maim her. more like toy with her like Fin. but then she goes super saiyan force on him and he just drops the ball.

or atleast until he confronts solo. woulda been kinda cliche but fuck its star wars.

He was cool until he took his helmet off

Why not just fill it up with Jar Jar Binks then? Everyone gets Gunganfaced.

He doesn't even want to kill her. He wants to convert her to the dark side. His wounds and his desire to not kill her became his major disadvantage in the fight to make her victory credible.

Only way to save her character.

>he doesnt want to kill her

yeah, thats what im sayin

I think much of the disappointment came from expectations. When I saw the movie a second time, knowing what he was going in, I think he was better. He's not a Darth, he's on his way. He's not meant to be Darth Vader or Maul or anyone, he doesn't know what he's doing, and they generally did it pretty well.

They will not do that, because they'd get slammed if they did.

>Most disappointing villain in modern history.
That's pic related.

>Star Wars is lame.
Preach. It's amazing that everyone treats a fairytale for preschoolers as serious business.

> maul didn't do anything
What is killing obi's gf and blinding Kanan

I don't think they'll ultimately do this, but the first new SW movie kind of set up this inverted progression where Kylo seems likely to come around to the light side and Rey seems like she could potentially fall to the dark. That would be some sick shit if the movies could pull it off but I'm pretty sure Disney will want to cash $$$ in on the expected + popular fan response instead. Note that this doesn't preclude Rey finishing the series as one of the good guys or still being a protagonist you root for.

There's not really anything about Rey that says she'd turn dark.
The real inversion was Rey being perfect at the Force and fully trained while Kylo comes off as a complete amature outside the opening scene.
I'd say they could do something interesting with that where Kylo trains hard and ends up beating Rey, but the trailer for TLJ shows a Rey training sequence instead.

I hope that happens for the sheer butthurt it would bring.

Why, because he lost a sword fight after getting shot by an anti tank weapon?

I just wanna see the sheer butthurt that happens if Disney does a darth revan film or tv show but casts revan as a girl

>not playing Revan as a girl

Most people didn't though

Isn't he canonically a man? Not that it'd stop the Mouse mind you but still.

Oh man
>The Last Jedi mainly from the PoV of Kylo and the First Order
>Gives an insight into wha the First Order stands for outside generic Nazis
>Shows Kylo training his ass off to become a better dark side user
>Knights of Ren introduced as supporting characters
>Friends to Kylo, possibly even a LI amongst them
>Occasional scenes showing what Rey and the rebels are up to, but the rebels are shown in an antagonistic light (relevant to the PoV of the First Order)
>Build up to a confrontation between Kylo and the Knights of Ren and Rey and Luke Skywalker
>Rey and Luke actually manage to kill a couple of the Knights causing Kylo to scream "noooooo" at some point

Most people are plebs.

>>Gives an insight into wha the First Order stands for outside generic Nazis
You are really stupid.

>canonically
KOTOR is no longer canon so no. In Legends, guy Revan is canon but for Disney canon, they can do whatever they want.

Pablo said that if it was up to him, Revan would be a dark side female.

How bad would it be if the Exile also stayed as a female?

BRB reinstalling with the Bastila female romance mod.

the whole movie was disappointing.
Rogue 1 was surprisingly good.

verdict - I couldn't give two shits about Kylo as I have no desire to pay cash money to see episode VIII.
When there's another well made side story film following up Rogue 1, I'll see that instead. I'm speaking only for myself, but I have close to 10 friends / associates that feel the same way.

Decently to pretty bad

Explain. The First Order in The Force Awakens were generic as hell bad guys.
They even included a scene where Hux gives a Hitler like speach to his army who then give a "heil the Order" salute.
Showing that there's more to them than generic as hell space Nazis would be nice.

Rogue One was a Star Wars fan film that never should have happened.

>dark side
>not someone who edges on becoming a dark side due to rude and sarcastic personality but does good to stay on the light side
What a pleb.

Well they just have to bring a beloved hero into the first order and they won't just be nazis like what pic related did

Stuff that didn't happen in a film.

Well still canon so he's not useless my dear user

>When there's another well made side story film following up Rogue 1
it's called A New Hope, maybe you've heard of it

I honestly think canon is much less important than what most people have seen.

Most people who follow Star Wars do not watch the cartoons. They see every film, but that's it.

Well those aren't real fans

so we're not even pretending this board is for comics and cartoons anymore huh

How do we have a repeat of this awful thread from 2 days ago... and it's somehow much worse?

SW fans

Kylo Ren is an extremely tragic character. He tries so hard to be Darth Vader, and instead ends up being Anakin.

Sup Forums has Alzheimer's