Your honest opinion on the sequels?

Your honest opinion on the sequels?

What do you hope to see from the future of Star Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing. They have literally nothing to offer me now that would make me care

Its death as a franchise never to return to the silver screen

An apology

Bad
My theoretical hopes would be for Disney to actually make good movies but obviously that's not possible so my realistic hopes are that Disney just stops making films and lets Star Wars move on as a creative universe with new video games, books, comics, etc.

I just want to see kathleen kenedy held responsible for her terrible leadership.

A good script
Good actors
More of an improvisational style of acting and delivering lines. (no I dont mean Girl ghostbusters shitty quipping)
More Stylistic editing, Constasted with single takes.
Throw in some Tarantino -isms.

Disney seems to ruin everything it touches. Turning it into a bland corporate garbage dump obsessed with identity politics and never taking any risks.
ESPN, marvel, star wars. Its like everything they touch turns into shit. Yeah, im sure they make some money. But it literally has no appeal to me at all. Its almost insulting how bad it is. Do they really expect for even normies not to get bored of this shit? Do you really expect people to keep coming out to star wars part 40 jar jar strikes back??
Even if you are some libtard who doesnt care about the forced diversity the writing is terrible, the characters are terrible, the acting is terrible.

Who the hell casted this thing too? Its like they intentionally hired the ugliest people on the planet.

Sup Forums hates them and generalizes the hate pretty hard

If you honestly think these holds worse up than the prequels you literally need to neck yourself or stop thinking you hold any substantial knowledge about movies

Disneys pozzed. They have some sort of creepy cult thing going on inside their studios.

TFA and R1 are barley passable, but TLJ is shit. I expect the Han Solo movie will be the worst of all.

>Throw in some Tarantino -isms.

wasn't expecting them to be like the old star wars. good movies but I fear there really destroying the story however

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM

Disneywars have made me realize that
a) there is no possible innovation past OT
b) it should be left alone as an IP

>Disney ruined Star Wars!
Fuck you. Disney didn't ruin jack shit.

Disney hires the writers and directors, after that it's free fall. Disney have had so littke influence over these movies yet people exaggerate so fucking much about what's actually going on.
If you honestly think the prequels represented a time Star Wars was healthy and alive, just stop having opinions.

These sequels have so much more merit than the prequels, and TFA was a notch better than that toy-promoting mess known as ROTJ

The Last Jedi is pure KINO.

A misunderstood masterpiece that will gain greater praise over time.

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM

t.Rian

Replacing Rey with strong independent twi'lek chick

I like the actors they have. They just keep using inept directors and writers and everything becomes a big mess of star wars gobbledygook.

I don't know where they go after this besides making a 5 hour movie where they fix everything this one broke.

Spoken like a true buttblasted idiot.

TFA already soured me so I didn't watched TLJ. The sequel's spoilers and shistorm made sure I don't spend any shekels watching it. It's already worse than JJtrek at this rate.

Future is good as dead since they'll try a shittier ROTJ rehash since TLJ failed. I'll not be watching Solo as well.

Hope for what? It seems like it is doomed to be a cash cow of never ending, yearly installments.
They have enough characters and time gaps to keep the series going for decades.

Disney's killed the golden goose.
Star Wars principle revenue has always been merchandising and licensing.

These movies and new canon have no real marketable characters, for the first time in eons, there's been a downturn of Star Wars toy sales - sounds paltry, but that's fucking huge financially.

Combine that with EA holding the exclusive contract to do Star Wars video games - we've gone from 1-3 star wars games a year during the high of the early to mid 2000's, to to one game every two years, each of which has severely underperformed - the current one even severely damaging the Star Wars brand; market analysts predicted that BFII's community reaction has damaged the box office of TLJ by at least 5-10%.

Consided for a moment Disney bought Star Wars for $4 Billion.
They're spent approximately $1.5 - $2 billion developing movies, TV, video games, etc.

The biggest chunk of revenue they've seen from that is the $1.54 billion from TFA, and it's been dwindling since.
They bought the property 5+ years ago, are $6 billion in the hole, and still haven't managed to climb out of that, despite the fact that in its hey day, star wars licensing and film revenue would have paid for that in under 2 years.

Disney has killed a revenue monster through mismanagement, politics and a thorough misunderstanding of what made Star Wars the be all and end all franchise.

its called global elite social engineering for the NWO

Honest opinion it was shit. TFA was ok it wasn't bad it was a little weak but i accepted because the first movie in every star wars trilogy started out a little weak.
But my god TLJ sucked i mean it really sucked. Luke Skywalker personality took a complete 180, phasma and finn continue to do nothing,
I cant believe i rooted for kylo the manchild over everyone else. Thats how unlikeable every other character was in this movie.

What will Luke's first line be in The Last Jedi?

interesting read, but i agree star wars has been grossly mismanaged. I felt Rian didn't understand the characters at all.

My honest opinion is that the Star Wars I loved is just plain gone. I'll see these new movies as fun adventures, but I'm not gonna give a single shit about learning the lore of Disney's new universe or anything. These movies are made for and by people who wouldn't know a Bith from a Bothan, so I've just got to let go of the expectations that these movies will be consistent with the Star Wars universe as I knew it.

>Your honest opinion on the sequels?
Into the trash it goes. (I did enjoy Rogue One though)
>What do you hope to see from the future of Star Wars?
There is no future

The future of Star Wars is rewatching the Original Trilogy Despecialized Edition

I'm someone that just likes Star Wars, I'm not a huge fan.

They're OK, kind of disappointing in the overall scope of the movies. But they have entertaining moments. It's like two movies that were designed to be trailer bait.

TFA was boring and competent but it made me think "okay, maybe now that it's set up the sequel will be good" and then The Last Jedi was genuinely fucking horrible. It may even be worse than the prequels in the sense that at least the prequels didn't ruin Luke FUCKING Skywalker and they at least introduced some cool new Star Wars shit. I absolutely hate the prequels but I genuinely think Revenge of the Sith is better than TLJ. I will not be seeing 9 unless I see some major changes made, and I sure as fuck will not be watching any of the hundreds of annual spinoff flicks.

Pot, kettle.

Bankruptcy.

This

They're already creatively bankrupt.