What is the wests Berserk?

What is the wests Berserk?

The Sentry

Dark withought being 100% pure edge with beautiful art and a strong story and near universally loved?
Hellboy
Its allways Hellboy.

I would say this except even hellboy got an ending

I hope berserk ends with guts dying, going to hell and killing fucking everything there. kinda like hellboy

>a strong story
eh...

Probably some Conan thing, one of the older, darker ones.

up until and including Conviction Arc is great, after that it's goes to poop

Better than 90% of the competition

The Hellboy "ending" was SHIT though. One of the least enjoyable, crappy endings ever.

>tfw when you recognize that armour from Dragons Dogma

Slaine

Hellboy ended?

where do I star with slaine?

I downloaded a collection and it had the following:

the book of invasions
the horned god
the gong beater
the collected slaine
demon killer
the berseker
the book of scars

wikipedia

It's Faust

Its 2000AD (british anthology comic), so its designed so you can start at the beginning of any story, like old serials, conan and shit.

If you want to start at the earliest of the ones youve got, just look em up on wikipedia.

speak for yourself queer.

would conan perhaps qualify?

Potentially. He died saving the world from an instant, thunderous death, then kicked the shit out of what was left hell.

just read them

Berserk was heavily influenced by western fantasy, so a western Berserk should be heavily influenced by Eastern fantasy. And, to be perfectly honest, I don't think the west has an equivalent to berserk. This partially because eastern culture hasn't proliferated itself in the same way that western culture has, but also because of the way the west treats eastern stories. Western stories with eastern influences are usually over the top actiony kind of things. I can't think of a western comic that's as dark as Berserk, has similar themes, and borrows myths and symbolism from different cultures in the same way that Berserk did.

Moving Fortress, Subterra and Conan the Savage have a similar art style. They're all comics made by Enrique Alcatena

Soooo Samurai Jack?

The Punisher

Hellboy is not like Berserk at all

Star Wars

haha you might be right

star wars isn't dark enough though, it's super campy. The good guys always win in star wars, but berserk isn't like that. Guts is the closest thing we have to a "hero" and he gets his shit pushed in constantly.

STOP WITH THE FUCKING COVERT ANIME THREADS GOD DAMN

MODS DO YOUR JOBS AND FOLLOW YOUR OWN FUCKING RULES

SAGE SAGE SAGE FUCK YOU SAGE

Have you plebs never heard of verotik or northstar? If you google it I'm talking about northstar the imprint not the gay superhero

How is star wars an eastern setting?

I guess he said that because it's a rip off of a movie called Hidden Fortress

Star Wars is a sci-fi version of samurai movies with added Flash Gordon plagiarism.

It's not so much an Eastern Setting as it is inspired by Eastern films. Star Wars owes much to Kurosawa's samurai movies, though not as much to Flash Gordon and the Foundations series.

Samurai Jack season 5. Just look at the images on that one taping session. It's clearly going to end with Jack restrained while Aku fucks Ashi into retardation.

I guess? haven't watched too many samurai flicks.

I thought the overall plot was pretty generic coming of age honestly.

Also wouldn't the setting be more important for this discussion? Haven't bothered to keep up with Berserk since the release schedule doesn't seem much difference from a hiatus.

Cerebus

Both had subpar beginnings and have some of t he best arcs in the medium with the Golden Age arc and High Society, Church and State, and Jaka's story but both went to shit after. Cerebus got Dave Sim went crazy, and Berserk cause Miura is a lazy neet who faps to idolmaster. Both were both artist's lifework and put them on the map as well.

There really isn't because people in the west don't really jerk off over eastern imagery like Japan does to Western stuff. Sure people like samurai but that's the extent to most people's interest Japanese history.

Star Wars is inspired by the common monomyth of the humble youngster coming from nothing and growing to be a great hero who fights evil. It's "generic" at its core. That is part of the reason why it's so powerful.

Thats kind of my point. The setting is sci fi, the core of the story is generic, yet its apparently an eastern film?

Not trying to say there was no influence, but as far as I got in Berserk it felt like a darker version of a Tarantino movie in a western fantasy setting.

How did you get Tarantino from Berserk? Berserk is heavily influenced by the dark fantasy films of the 80's like Conan.

I couldn't think of anything quite as edgy.

Honestly I've only seen one Conan film and it wasn't very memorable.

Tonally they're so offbase comparing them is kind of funny. You'd have a better point with something like Ichi the Killer.

Tails Gets Trolled

I'm not much of a film person any comparison was going to be a stretch.