Pucca

You know the Tom and Jerry syndrome where when you're young you root for Jerry but as you get older you root for Tom? The same principle applies here. As a kid you root for Pucca, when you grow older you start feeling REALLY sorry for Garu. Like, unlike Tom, Garu doesn't deserve any of the abuse he takes. He's a pretty cool guy who loves peace and HONOUR. And sure being married in the future to a practical goddess of power who is unquestionably in love with you for who you are would be nice in the long term, Pucca not giving the man peace to breathe is just tragic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC0A0214027D0C470
youtu.be/oe8xwyFSZKY
youtu.be/Fn7Xxi-i5Ug
youtu.be/vdDisslCuQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jDmgNKuoT-I
youtu.be/fgE79EuO9aM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pucca is one of those shows where you like the side characters more than the protagonist

I always thought Pucca was an annoying bitch

Who the fuck rooted for Pucca?

>This

She was pretty bullshit, like she always had to get her way or she'd throw a tantrum, she was stronger than all the other characters, and could break all rules because lol cartoons

I always rooted for Tom and Garu though.

It's a kid's show, user. They aren't going to call the protag a stalker in the commercials because it's directed towards kids, not because of some feminist agenda.

I liked how Santa Claus was a permanent background character.

Not everything is politcal you autist

Pucca sucks because she's a Mary Sue, there's nothing political behind it. She sucks because she's a perfect character in a world filled with average characters.

Pucca? More like Fucca

But the question is why? Who thought of that idea and why did everyone just run with it?

I liked the original Korean web shorts better tbqh.
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC0A0214027D0C470

women are supposed to chase men. pucca is the only sensible girl and there's something severely wrong with garu

If you don't feel like going through the whole playlist, start with this one
>youtu.be/oe8xwyFSZKY

They still make Pucca shorts, most of them in CG. This one was uploaded a month ago
>youtu.be/Fn7Xxi-i5Ug

Why wouldn't this show be okay if the genders were reversed?

Not once did I root for Pucca

I didn't root for anyone because this show was shit.

PUCCA LOVES GARU

There was an episode about that where Pucca used moon magic or something that made Garu fall in love with her. But she couldn't stand him getting into her private life and being around all the time.so she changed him back. If this wasn't an episodic show, this would probably be the point where Pucca turns down the stalking after that episode.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm starting to think that me "rooting" for Pucca was moreso thinking her actions were adorable and acceptable because it was a cute cartoon. But when I revisited the series, there was still a lot of adorable moments but there were so many moments where I was like "Poor Garu", "Garu doesn't deserve this", "The man was just minding his own business"

HE'S A PRETTY BOY

Does anyone have any Pucca x Abyo stuff? Please? There's literally nothing.

WITH NINJAS AND NOODLES

Bump.

KISSY CHASE KISSY FACE

I know, more shorts, but this one is pretty great in terms of animation.
>youtu.be/vdDisslCuQQ

Pucca only cares about Garu.

if you want someone loving Abyo that would be Ching.

personally, i always prefered those two over Pucca and Garu, also, Ching is actually cute.

I mostly rooted for the villain whose name escapes me
he was the funniest of the bunch

you mean Tobe?

he was a pretty cool guy, specially in regards of his never-explained REVENGE!

also his ham makes some of his dialogue quite funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=jDmgNKuoT-I

>why am i skipping, i HATE skipping!
>and yet, skip i must!

You're thinking of Tobe. And yeah, I loved how overly dramatic he was about everything.

>Pucca sucks because she's a Mary Sue

There's that buzzword again.

Yes. Women are cruel.

Pepe Lepew?

Does this show hold up? I literally haven't thought about it in like 7 years but I remember enjoying the animation as a kid.

>implying she isnt

She is a Mary Sue, though. Characters that don't let her do whatever she wants are often portrayed as unfair or outright antagonizing. If she doesn't get her way, it doesn't matter, because she has this unreasonably high ammount of strength and abilities that even the stronger characters can't hope to compete with.

It doesn't matter how elaborate a villain's scheme is or how powerful they are, Pucca will one-up the shit out of them with no struggle anyways. It's boring to root for a character that is pretty much invincible.

She is. It's the show's whole gimmick that she gets her way no matter what.

On the top of my head, this are A FEW of Puccas talents and perks:

>she is known and loved by everyone in the village, she never gets in trouble, ever.
>she is super strong and super fast, capable of knock down anyone or destroy anything in one punch. Or catching up garu, no matter how fast he is.
>when thats not fast enough, she has a super scooter, capable of travelling THRU TIME EVEN!, speaking of time travel, she once spun a spin-spinyy on a park so fast that it send her and her friends to the wild west!
>she is part alien, using her hairdo to communicate with them and ask them favors, like kicking the butts of her enemies.
>she knows barbie-level job skills, able to do any job, she regularly works tho, as a waitress and a delivery girl at the 3 chefs bistro, the guh-ryong, and she makes no mistakes ever.
>she has access to everything she needs to solve every situation, among those things are:
-a magical girl wand, allowing her to transform into a sailormoon styled magical girl.
-a wrestler/superhero costume for incognito asskicking, under the name 'noodle girl', equipped with a super noodle whip.
>She is capable to drive a pedal car at actual 150+ km/h speeds.

Are you sure this is not being a mary sue?

This is why i prefer Abyo and Ching...

Who cares, he was funny as the everyman in the village.

Also his backstory of being a legendary ninja thief was pretty cool.

Isn't that the gimmick of the show, though? Like a road runner who's after the coyote instead of the other way around. I can see why anyone still wouldn't like that, anyway

It's all a matter of taste, really. I don't like overpowered characters or humor that relies on frustrating the viewer.

Even back in the days of the Road Runner people sent letters to WB begging to let Coyote win. Nowadays that type of humor has fallen out of style, people generally don't like shows where the underdogs never win anymore.

No
I already rooted for Garu as a kid

>no ruv for ring ring

>It's boring to root for a character that is pretty much invincible.

You can beat one punch man in video games.
He isn't smart
He isn't love by anyone.
Outside of being strong. He is a average guy.

Not even death will give this guy peace one of his ancestors is hunted down by her ancestor even as ghosts poor fucker is cursed.

it's just a hobby

why does pucca have 3 dads?

No, because it's a fucking comedy cartoon and her god-like abilities are part of the joke. That's like saying Uncle Grampa or any sort of reality warper is a Mary Sue.

A Mary Sue is a byproduct of amateur writing that is easily spotted because the author is blatantly projecting his/her own desires onto an avatar and using that avatar to change an already existing work of fiction, and changing that work entirely as a result. Pucca does not apply here, because she's the protagonist, not fanmade, and is part of the show's formula. A Mary Sue has nothing to do with how "competent" or "overpowered" someone is, that's complete nonsense.

He also tends to cause a lot of destruction when he acts, like in episode 1 with that giant collapsing onto the city, or the meteor. Furthermore, he's also extremely apathetic and slow to act which has led to other heroes getting brutally wrecked before he steps in ( i.e. Sea King)

Santa Claus is the best character and I'll fight anybody who states otherwise.

On the other hand, remember that ad where Garu caught pucca bathing? She didn't beat the shit out of him , so she get's points from that

But yeah, the whole thing is "sexual harassment" the show

>You know the Tom and Jerry syndrome where when you're young you root for Jerry but as you get older you root for Tom?

I always rooted for Tom.

>when you're young you root for Jerry
No I don't know that feel.

The 3 chefs arent her dads, just their caretakers, who knows who puccas parents are...

Based santa is legitimately the best singke character in any form of media ever created

And yet he's still invincible and you root for him anyway.

Fuck I love this show
Thanks for reminding me about it, Sup Forums

this show would have made more sense, narratively and visually, if Garu was also a girl

stop throwing the word Mary Sue at everything retard, you just described the premise of the show. She's not portrayed as good to the viewer, just a giant meme. How talented she is is a joke.

This.

I can't remember who the other girls were in this show.

Wasn't there a hot ghost girl?

god's bitches

There was a sadako-like version of pucca for a halloween episode.
But you might mean Ringring (). But she is not a ghost, she is (supposedly) a goddess of wind, hence her transformation and powers.

Also, whos in for some korean pop-rock?
youtu.be/fgE79EuO9aM

>pucca looks ugly... good!
>why she kicked garu in the balls all scared and shit?

>ching is still the cutest... good too!

Woah negro

Don't you dare compare a shitty character like Pucca to Saitama

idiot

It doesn't date itself much and the show is entertaining in short burst, I'd give it a watch again.

>i just start watching this comic
why am i doing this? i don't even like pucca

That's been my case. I think, having been on the target of a psycho stalker girl, I have more sympathy for Garu now.

When you're young and lonely and it feels like no one will ever look at you twice, much less love you, it seems like a laugh. When you're actually on the receiving end...