Tru

it's (officially) shit

Ruthless

#burn

:,^)

Post more noodle

What's the backstory to phase 4 so far?

it's (officially) up on trump's 100th day in office

Other than Andromeda all the songs are shit.

Why the fuck do people like modern rap? I was listening to the new rap shit head just to give it a chance because everybody was saying he was deep. Not 10 seconds into the top single for the coachella headliner and Kendrick Lamar is talking about his dick.

I want more tracks like El ManaƱa

It's all just a meme. No one actually likes it, everyone id just peer pressured into liking it.

Look up the book of gorillaz

Depends on the artist, or even on the song. Modern rap's generally less about the lyrics/storytelling, more about the music. Some like it, some don't, but that's what it is.

In the case of Kendrick, he wants to have his cake and eat it: he both has ridicolous braggadocio songs and storytelling. Granted, the former are the more popular. Try the following:

youtube.com/watch?v=VpRpzvV7K2s

youtube.com/watch?v=xtIr8k4eC7o

Even then he's not that exceptional, if you want the *really* good stuff you gotta dig.

youtube.com/watch?v=JRJzNmrhf5I

youtube.com/watch?v=Do2xXV2xrr0

>Kendrick Lamar is talking about his dick.
Is that reallt the epitome of black culture? To talk of how overrated your dick is?

Modern mainstream hiphop is absolute ass. It's pretty much just pop music at this point, but there are a few pretty good musicians out there. They're just not the ones you hear on the radio.

This is why the Sugarhill Gang and Vanilla Ice are the best rappers

That's not how you spell "viper".

What is this?

I'm a big fan of Clipping myself
youtube.com/watch?v=XbU9UUwxBxA

I second this guy's suggestion. It's very out there stuff, but if you can handle it...

Funny to think one of the members of this group starred in a hip hop musical about the Founding Fathers.

youtu.be/bSqPj3gdBBw
She got cuter
youtu.be/LdPyYze2NIA
The apprentice sounded great till that rap part at the end

I mean isn't that just every Gorrilaz album, they release a shit load of music so everyone can atleast like one song?

Of course she's more attractive, the whole group age each album and they sure as hell wont make her an ugly motherfucker because who would like that?

>Kendrick Lamar is talking about his dick
He did this in a track in Good Kid, M.A.A.D City but it was more like a satirical take on the mindset of a teenage niglet getting caught up in hyper-masculine thug culture.

So what is this thread about?

I don't know. I want it to be about Noodle.

>every album is just an opportunity for Albarn to gather people he likes (now also what his daughter likes) and fuck around on music machines
>does this because it consistently makes mad bank based on the fondness for Hewlett's strong artstyle and Clint Eastwood.
>every single album is about how the planet is careening towards apocalypse. Yet the world is still spinning for the five years until the next gorillaz album.
I've gotten increasingly cynical about this shit. But there was some good tracks, as always, and the tv show is the most exciting part about this phase.

>every single album is about how the planet is careening towards apocalypse
s/t and the fall were not

'careening towards apocalypse' is the normal state of the world
an apocalypse happens every 4 million 3 hundred and 20 thousand years, and as soon as that's over we start careening towards the next one

yea I really only care for hewletts art.

This is now a noodle thread

what is she thinking in that picture?

That's her least attractive picture ever

fuck yes

post more

His nose lit up like Rudolph?

shes wondering when she can put the guitar down because her arms hurt

I like the look in her eye mostly

ok

I hope the tv series has more lewd noodle

Spbp

Remember when Noodle wasn't for sexual? This is as bad as jerking off to Rei Ayanami.

If you played me this whole album and asked which songs were Gorillaz, I would probably say 3 or 4 of them tops. It's one thing to be experimental, it's another to have a bunch of nobodies doing generic raps and phrase repeating all over your much anticipated new release.

Said it before, I'll say it again: it's like when you find a song/artist you like on soundcloud or Pandora and then just let it keep running after the track is over, so that their randomly generated "related artists" playlist kicks in.

Whenever Kendrick goes "muh dick" it's usually to highlight the ignorance of modern black/rap culture or using sex as a metaphor

>bunch of nobodies doing generic raps and phrase repeating all over your much anticipated new release.
Just like every other album besides the fall then

This

modern rap is shit because they want to be all things: they want to tell album long stories AND be politically motivated about how hard it is for middle to upper middle class black folks to get a fair shake at their four year schools AND be catchy enough to get played on the radio five times an hour AND want to be "gangsta" about how they just don't give a fuck and would pop a cap in a nigga for dissin' dey track AND want to be R&B so you can hippity hop to it like all the nostalgia acts. Oh yeah, AND to let the world know they have copious amounts of sex with their more than amply sized penis/sweeter than pie vagina.

Quite frankly, it's the same reason a lot of modern comics and cartoons are shit, because they want to tell their own unique original donut steel story, while incorporating as many influences and nostalgia elements and straight up stolen plot devices as they can (all the while their totally not self insert characters are never in danger of actually losing a conflict or showing any flaws beyond being self conscious.)

k

Granted, but at least songs like Feel Good, Stylo, Dare, even Super Fast Jellyfish, I could tell you off the bat were Gorillaz due to their beats and 2D singing more than one verse. It's lacking more than ever here.

>dare, superfast jellyfish
>2D singing more than one verse
Damon only sang backing vocals on dare in and wasn't even on superfast jellyfish

This is like seeing your niece develop. She becomes hot and you feel guilty as shit for noticing that... but she's still hot.

Indeed

WOYO!

Have you never listened to rap and just wanted to complain? The stuff you're talking about has been in rap for about thirty years now, most of it doesn't usually exist in one artist.

Long stories have always been a thing as well as talking about getting nigger rich. It's not about how hard it is being middle upper class but how jarring the jump from poverty to wealth can be and how most blacks end up going back to being poor because of it. Hell, that's not even isolated to blacks. Same with making reference to sex that shit exist across all genres of music.

>AND be catchy enough to get played on the radio five times an hour AND want to be "gangsta" about how they just don't give a fuck and would pop a cap in a nigga for dissin' dey track

That's also a constant contradiction brought up in rap for the past thirty years. They keep up that street persona because because it's where they came from and what they know so its usually about their experience. However at the same time they talk bad about that life and say its wrong. NWA had this on Straight out of Compton

youtube.com/watch?v=u31FO_4d9TY

ALL MY LOIFE

[murdoc orgasm sounds]

Gonna need a sauce for that one.

Are you sure

I don't know about him but I need it badly.

I'm pretty I know what it is. Just show me user.

oca-world.tumblr.com/

not nearly as bad as you made it out to be

I've seen worse.

Oh I wasnt trying to make it out as something rough lol

Glad they're using the 2D animation for the TV series.

I'm really fucking digging Busted and Blue

Andromeda/26

What is this shit?
Noodle a cute tho, whatever she is

I think the album has just a slight imbalance of rappers, but it's patched up by enough Damon/2D parts, so for me at least it's not too unbearable.
I really think that the second half of everything up till We Got The Power really falls apart. Mostly due to filler songs like Sex Murder Party having a very monotonous tone that drags itself out a bit.
She's My Collar is pretty great, if not also a tiny bit monotonous. I'm still yet to analyze the lyrics, but they seem pretty interesting.
Everything after We Got the Power is pretty great. Out of body is probably in my top 3 songs from the album.
Really, my only gripe with the album is that it's pretty inconsistent in the quality. It starts out great, stretches out a bit, then gets a bit better, then a lot better in the bonus tracks. I think they should have maybe taken out a song or two, and then put in others and rearrange the order of the tracks.
But I'm enjoying, still need to listen to it a few more times for it to sink in. It's a grower. Kinda like Blur's last album (that was more forgettable though)

I though Andromeda was okay until the cheesy ass ending of that song.