>Out this Week:
Darth Maul #3 (April 26)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

What is she looking at, /swco/?

Megassa squeeze it.

Damn, Faith looks like THAT now?!

>people in the year 2017 think anything portraying a heroine woman being bad will ever be allowed again

vaginas are sacred cows

And this is how equality dies...to thunderous applause.

Repostan from the previous thread, because I forgot to refresh before posting.

I think so. Rian seems to have a vision and courage to push the trilogy into a new direction and the leaks make the movie sound much more unique than TFA was.

The basis for the characters is solid, I think, you can do interesting stuff with Finn, Rey and Kylo and depending on the way Luke is handled, even the destruction of his Jedi doesn't have to be much of a deal (ie.: he strives to build something completely different). The fact that the FO - Resistance conflict can again be boiled down to just X-Wings vs. TIE fighters is unfortunate, but if they put more focus on NR's internal politics rather than on the scrappy underdogs/big evil Empire dynamic, they could do something interesting with it.

Basically, at least in the movies alone, make the FO Star Wars' Mordor. Just an evil monolithic faction that serves no purpose but to present a challenge to its divided opponents and draw the drama from there. But yeah, the political side of the ST is still its Achilles' heel.

But I'm afraid even if TFJ is Rogue One-level quality (which I think is doable), people who go in disliking the trilogy based on TFA alone will hate it anyway. We've seen that before with RotS. No matter how different the movie might be, it does build on TFA's foundation. It will follow up on its themes. Rey is still the protagonist. Kylo is still the antagonist. Snoke is still Snoke. The Mystery Box will yield disappointing answers for many - that is an inevitable consequence of this destructive writing parlor trick.

So yeah, in a nutshell, I expect RotS 2.0. A good movie, but one with the deck stacked against it.

>But yeah, the political side of the ST is still its Achilles' heel.

eh theres something TLJ that is postponing all ST content that isn't Poe's comic so I have a feeling there will be a lore bomb somewhere

either Ren stuff, Snoke stuff, Outer Regions stuff or TOR stuff

Delete this.

I just hope they don't leave major plotholes in again like how Rey goes from 'can't even use the Force' to 'mind tricks, you mean those things that require practice due to how subtle and powerful the influence on the mind is? THOSE ARE SO EASY MY FIRST TRY WILL GO PERFECT.'

>I just hope they don't leave major plotholes in again like how Rey goes from 'can't even use the Force' to 'mind tricks

you are genuinely an idiot if you don't think this will be covered in TLJ

OI BOSSK

>/ss/
>Phasma
>Pryce being a literal turbocunt

DENGAR FOR THE LASSSST FUCKING TIME

SSSSSHUT UP

She's already been trained but had her memories and connection to the force suppressed ala Darth Revan. That will be the twist. She used to be Snoke's apprentice and he took Ben after she was supposedly killed by Luke who couldn't go through with it.

>movies

DIS A REBELLION INNIT?

OI FOOKIN' REBEL

>Phasma

>She used to be Snoke's apprentice and he took Ben after she was supposedly killed by Luke who couldn't go through with it.

this is the most sensical explanation I've seen and I can see people cunting out about it despite having no problem with Revan

it explains why Luke was gone from his academy too

Like I said.

I hope they don't leave plotholes in.

Patching previous potholes is an acceptable way to not leave them in.

My thought was going to be that she was related to an extremely powerful Force user and that she had, before her memories shit out on her due to PTSD or whatever, had some rudimentary training.

I want to say she was never trained by Luke, though, and that her being on Jakku was an attempt to hide her from the First Order/Imperial Remnant.

Snoke is a ToR era ruler who was chased off by the earliest Jedi, which explains why he has riches and weird old era weapons and fashion choices

And sort of explains the somewhat shocked and displeased look on his face when he first meets her. Maybe he thinks she's there to kill him and when he realizes she still doesn't remember he will be very hesitant to train her.

He should just be Plagueis. Anything else would be disappointing

It helps that Rian Johnson is a substantially better filmmaker than JJ Abrams.

Johnson's previous films are all R-rates genre films done on tight budgets with all around great casting, performances, writing, directing, cinematography. He has steadily built himself up to larger projects over a long career.

Okay, the Brothers Bloom is a little twee and was mismarketed. But Looper is a film where Bruce Willis actually got a role to play.

Abrams loves to do more bullshit handwaving than obi-wan kenobi when it comes to massaging plot points and story beats in a script. Star trek relied on time travel "destiny" stuff to cover convenient plot holes, TFA has logic gaps like the Falcon making a lucky jump through starkiller base's shields, add targeting the heat regulator on a whim, etc.

I simply trust Johnson to have a higher standard for the writing. Everything else will follow.

is this real??
is this andi????

Except that would be terrible because him being alive would totally undermine Palpatine's story.

Wait they replaced JJ Abooms?

I hope Mr. Johnson does a better job.

No. He was only ever signed on for one film. A different director still is doing Episode 9.

This is too complicated for the golden fish mentality of the general audience. Rey will be an orphaned stronk girl and that's it. It sucks but let's be realistic.

>is this andi????

Why don't you tweet and ask her :^)

>he wasn't here the night Andi invited us to her private webcam show......

No it wouldn't as long as Palpatine believed his story was true.

It makes no sense to introduce a new unconnected villain in the third act of a trilogy.
>First act introduces and shows the rise of the main villain, while also introducing the concept of a greater threat
>Second act shows the fall of the main villian
>Instead of bringing back the forshadowed greater enemy, throw everything out the window and introduce a new character with nothing to do with the other trilogies

It just doesn't work and it's sloppy

...for what purpose would you do this?

Is it a cost cutting measure?

lmao i'm shooketh

JJ Abrams is super busy and always has like 500 projects going on.

So if he can't do the second or third, they might as well get other directors, and if they want the third film to come out right on the heels of second, then they need a third director to split the work load.

Also the original trilogy has three different directors, so pottery.

>It makes no sense to introduce a new unconnected villain the in the third act of a trilogy
>What is Emperor Palpatine

You're an idiot. You also clearly know nothing about storytelling if you think it is even remotely acceptable to use this character who was mentioned once in a very clear allegorical story told by another character to make a specific plot related metaphor as a villain later on after he is supposed to be dead. If Disney and the writers have any idea what they are doing, it will not be him.

Huh. The more you know.

Thank you for the edification.

All of the original trilogy movies had different directors too.

Ah the good old days when Barriss still wore her hijab like a proper muslim.

Well I think he probably read the Plagieus novel and thought it would be a convient way to tie it together even if it disrupts some of the story themes/elements in the series(I actually agree with you, Palpatine's master should stay dead.) but on other hand it keeps the story more 'in family' of other 6 films. You're giving up certain elements for others, and if you notice, starwars fans don't mind repetition if it hits favorable notes.

Which character with an unresolved story in canon do you most want to see closure for, and what medium should it be shown in?

Hard mode: No Barriss.

Palpatine follows the same fucking format though. Take a film class.

>Episode 4 introduces Vader as the main villian
>5 alludes to a greater threat
>6 introduces the forshadowed villain as the new big bad

Imagine if 6 came around and instead of Palpatine, the man we saw Vader talking to as a hologram, hes replaced with a random old republic nobody

2fukkinRiteM8

AHSOKA

GIVE AHSOKA CLOSURE

FUCKING GOD DAMN IM SO UPSET SHE DIDNT DIE IN SEASON 2.

Seriously they missed their perfect opritunity for the most satisfying send-off for her. Anything except dying to Vader will just be underwhelming

Cad Bane. If not a Rebels episode, then a comic series.

Snoke's identity is that he's Supreme Leader Snoke, uber dark side ancient asshole.

Maybe he was also a teacher at luke's jedi academy or something stupidly convenient.

But that's all there is to it. Everybody wants there to be a secret twist like in ESB. Because SW fans love pottery as much as they hate it.

She is dead. That ending was clear. Are you brain damaged?

Kennedy also said that she wants each film to have its own authorial signature, similarly to how RotJ was cut from a different cloth than TESB and that was completely different from ANH.

In which case, I get it. TFA was a action-packed nostalgiabait, so of course you get JJ Abrams. TFJ is supposed to be meditative and psychological, which is something Johnson has a lot of experience with. Edwards is great with telling stories from the grunt's POV and grand action and Lord and Miller are the comedy guys.

I have no idea what Trevorrow will bring to the table, though.

People knew was really in charge when Vader knelled before a hologram

>I have no idea what Trevorrow will bring to the table, though.

Thin plotting and characters, just like RotJ!

But don't worry, the trailer will have a slow piano cover of the star wars theme so it will make a billion dollars.

Most likely this. He's definitely not Plagueis. The books have been implying that Palpatine has felt the presence of something incredibly powerful calling out to him specifically from the Unknown Regions which he believes to possibly be the source of the Dark Side and that he is constantly sending probes and scouts to search for it. Pretty obvious that this has some connection to whoever or whatever Snoke is.

>Thin plotting and characters,
>just like RotJ!
Someone hold me back

Snoke is a creation of Plagueis that Palps didn't know about.

Best and most plausible theory so of course it won't be the case.

I think this is a fair middleground. As a huge Plagueis campaigner, this would be much much better than some random unrelated villain who means nothing to any of the characters

>because of poor research into latin, Vader comes across as rather snide and condescending due to his use of thy rather than thine to someone who is his superior

WAHHHH WAHHH STAR WARS MOVIE WITH A MAJOR CHARACTER UNRELATED TO THE SIX MAIN CHARACTERS WAHHH

fucking potteryfags. vader and boba being the most important fuckers in the galaxy was retarded. fuck you

Plagueis means nothing to any of the characters except for Palpatine and Vader. He would fit the very definition of random unrelated villain being that Palpatine killed him before TPM.

Snoke is one of Luke's first students

Snoke is older than Prequel era

>Plagueis means nothing to any of the characters except for Palpatine and Vader.
I wanted to debate this but that's actually kinda a fair point

Is there a snoke identity you guys could come up with that would be important and impactful both to the OT characters and the ST characters?

Bro I love RotJ, but you can feel Lucas running out of steam with the writing.

It's Luke's movie, and the further away the script gets from him the weaker it gets.

Lando hangs out with Nien Nunb for most of the movie. Han and Leia are pretty static. Another death star used as a set piece.

Buuuuuut, the quality of the writing for Luke/Vader/Palpatine is never better, and the setting for Endor is incredibly rich. The ewoks do stupid shit like defeat stormtroopers with hang gliders, but they have a proper culture with elders, babies, and religious beliefs.

And the ending is great.

Vader SHOULD be the most important fucker in the galaxy. Hes one of the only two Sith Lords in the galaxy.

Jorus C'Baoth

Boba isn't important. In the EU he was, but Canonically he is honestly just a fuck-up. His father being the Clone template was purely Lucas trying to appeal to the """"fans""" who hated him.

Vader was based on a concept that Lucas wanted from the very beginning. When he decided to make Vader, Luke's father, this was mostly to tell a character-driven story about fathers and sons, but it also helped Lucas's original concepts fall into place.

>story about finding the truth about the first Jedi
>enemy of the first Jedi back for revenge who corrupts a Skywalker child and orchestrates the murder of another's students

>not a fitting villain

Snoke is Palpatines corrupted force ghost being preserved in a cracked holocron

>you can feel Lucas running out of steam with the writing.
Yes and no.

The problem with ROTJ is that Lucas had plans for like 12 movies, but the divorce he was going through made him wrap things up way early.

For example, Luke having a long-lost sister WAS supposed to come into play. But somewhere down the line, Lucas just tacked that onto Leia, and the "there is another" never actually pays off. (Although I am sure this is being retconned as we speak for the ST)

As for the Ewoks, they were just 'Nam imagery. Guerilla warfare and all that. Sure, I'll take ROTS Kashyyyk over the Endor stuff, but whatever. Movie is old, I am over it, I have no ill feelings to the Ewoks.

The Luke stuff is pure kino

>Although I am sure this is being retconned as we speak for the ST

Leia originally survived a First Order attack by using the force in the original TLJ script before Carrie died

Indeed. This is it. The first Dark Side user who somehow stayed alive for thousands of years that Luke probably accidentally freed from stasis in some temple somewhere where the ancient Jedi imprisoned him. The Genie slippers mentioned in the leaks are the visual tie to this idea.

>it also helped Lucas's original concepts fall into place.

Mark Hamill has said during the first star wars it came up that from Lucas himself talking to Mark that Luke's father, Obi-Wan, and Vader had a duel by a volcano. There's many interviews to substantiate that.

So by the time to came to write ESB Lucas streamlined Annakin and Vader into the same person. And we get to have one of the greatest sequel and twists in history.

Boba Fett was always best as an understated henchman. In fact I recall Lando was at one point envisioned as the son of clone. Now THAT would have been hilarious to see in the prequels.

A million smooth talking Billy Dee Wiliams.

I was actually thinking that Yoda had a premonition about a savior that hadn't even been born yet (cough-Rey-cough)

Maybe, if Luke isn't actually Rey's father. Otherwise him getting sliced to bits at Cloud City would mean no Rey to fulfill the prophecy.

Fuck, I hate prophecies in Star Wars.

the big hints are the knights having melee weapons (no guns), the malachor saber and Rens helmet looking like Revana

the dude is fucking old and knows who the Jedi are enough to manipulate a baby early on to kill them later. he's also rich enough to fund the order. he's an evil old king

That's not that whole brother/sister tree shit is it?

that shit is ridiculously fake because it undermines Vader, something Disney would NEVER do

Well they already undermined the OT cast by making everything accomplished meaningless

No. There are recent leaks that describe Snoke's appearance in TLJ as wearing a a very ornate red and gold trimmed robe with literal gold genie slippers like pic related.

The galaxy could not hold so much smooth alcohol.

only hardcore otfags think that

>wah leia isn't a jedi bloo bloo

>Hello what have we here?

I think Snoke should be a combination of Nihilus and the Yuuzhan Vong. A "pure" version of the Sith that simply consumes anything that stands against it, along with a nice helping of Eldritch mind poisoning from exposure. It's been on a collision course with known space for decades and Palps was preparing the Empire to fight against it.

But if that's the case, I'd like it to be portrayed as more like a force of nature than a conniving villain. Maybe Snoke is just an emissary of a bigger threat?

A least it's not sith-knock off black like the knights of Ren

I think a lot of the problems RotJ has arise from plot points and teases TESB set up with no foresight.

The extended first act in Jabba's palace is great. It's exciting, character-driven (Leia, Lando), we see Luke demonstrating his experience, it adds new elements to the setting by delving deep into Jabba's syndicate. The problem is that it has nothing to do with the main plot of RotJ itself. It's an extended epilogue to TESB. The main presentation begins only when Luke arrives at Dagobah and the main conflict of the film (how to deal with Vader) is established.

And then there are the other things other user already brought up with the original 9/12 movie plan. The way "there is another" was resolved is simply terrible. Bloodline, a book published odd thirty years after RotJ, did a better job with Leia dealing with the realization of being Vader's daughter than RotJ itself did. Han's character arc was on a trajectory towards a heroic sacrifice, but they neutered it, so now he just hangs around in the woods with nothing to do. The Death Star is conveniently pulled back to create an excuse for the Empire collapsing on itself so we can have a bright happy ending with all loose ends tied up.

Just for the record, Return of the Jedi is still my favorite SW movie. Unquestionably, always was. What it does right, it does so damn right. Jabba's palace might be superfluous, but it's so engaging. Luke, Vader and Palpatine, whether together or on their own, are at their peak and drive scenes which are clear highlights of the entire franchise. The battle of Endor is spectacular, both in the sky and on the ground. The ewoks are, and I'm not ashamed to say that, legitimately endearing and surprisingly fleshed out and provide a strong thematic message. It's just that it's also a very deeply flawed movie.

>A "pure" version of the Sith

new canon has all kinds of evil force villains besides Sith. deal with it

Eh if you compare old vision of leia to now, she like rest of OT have been severely undermined, nobody can argue otherwise.

And it's bad. What's your point?

Ok, so throw one more in?

"No!"

leia always existed to pump out jedi babies she just went on retarded adventures in the EU as well. character assassination my ass

> universe being bigger is bad

go back to ToR where the world is all about miniMauls and miniBobas you cunt

Lucasfilm had no problem undermining him with Starkiller and other ancient Sith who destroyed planets with their farts. I don't see why Disney would be an exception.

>literal gold genie slippers

>WHO dares to wake me?
>Ain't gonna make this a mystery!

She ran the New Republic, helped save Galactic Free Alliances era starwars universe, fought several wars and saw most of her children die.

I mean.. you could argue she was just a baby factory but in reality she did most for galaxy out of the original trio if you look at the big picture, story wise.

Luke's jedi order went into exile and became a political scapegoat.

what else do you have?

>ToR
>has mini death star world in the notEmpire capital because people that look like Sheevs imperial officers running around makes PERFECT SENSE
>mandos work for the notEmpire because boba worked for vader

genius lore

>Leia dealing with the realization of being Vader's daughter than RotJ itself did.

Leia's canonically pretty fast on the uptake when it comes to massive changes in her life and view of the galaxy and her place in it. How long was it after witnessing the death of her culture and everyone she's ever known that she's immediately as competent and focused as her rescuers, bullseyeing storm-troopers and throwing out casual insults to the rest of her crew?

I mean, we don't actually know how long it was between the destruction of Alderaan and Luke, Han, and Obi-Wan rescuing her, but the movie doesn't portray it as being more than a couple days maybe at most. As far as I'm concerned, Leia is pretty much stone cold unshakable.

I thought Leia died early in TLJ but I just realized that would fuck with Luke pretty badly

she was originally going into a coma before Carrie dId, and they said she's not in IX, so is she confirmed DED?

>Hears about Han dying
>Dies of a heart attack
>Same robot from the ending of RotS shows up, covered in dust
>"...She's lost the will to live"

POTTERY

Seems like they took the most pragmatic solution to cutting her out.

I'm really happy they spruced up her wardrobe for TLJ, she looked like a janitor in TFA.

And i hope the rumors are true we'll see her use the force, we've missed out on getting to see her pilot an x-wing.