Why was this allowed? Literally blackface

Why was this allowed? Literally blackface

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Faisal_bin_Hussein
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Alec Guiness actually looked kinda like Prince Feisal

It was a different time.

And we are better for the progress we've made.

Why was *this* allowed?! Only three years after the greatest tragedy in history (the Holocaust)

Everyone accepts minorities taking white characters, but if a white actor played a minority, everyone would lose it! The hypocrisy!

>would lose it!

like you every day on Sup Forums, user?

Nowhere near as bad as in Khartoum

Because Fagin was supposed to be Jewish in the original story? Hell Will Eisner (a Jew) drew pic related, which is the story of Oliver Twist from Fagin's perspective.

Just because Arabs are niggers, it doesn't mean they're black.

Because David Lean didn't like brown people

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Lawrence of Arabia? He was a good friend.

Can you blame him?

>let's make a goy actor play a horribly exaggerated caricature of a Jew right after we killed 6 million Jews
How about not making the film and confining the filth to the dustbin of history?

>6 million

Kek

do you expect an arab to be a good actor?

Is that A Passage to India? I never realized that was Alec Guiness.

Didn't an arab play the leader of that other tribe in Lawrence? The one that helps sack the train?

you think that's bad, wait until you watch Black narcissus

Nah a mexican played him, Antonio Rodolfo Quinn Oaxaca (Anthony Quinn). Good actor though. Sherif Ali was played by an Egyptian if that counts.

>If you strike me down now, I will be reincarnated as a cockroach.

Mexicans were still considered white prior to the 1970s so the statement stands.

>Mexicans were still considered white prior to the 1970s

NO NO NO OH OOOOUHUHUH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Legally they were according to US census data.

It was 1962.

What were they going to do, blow a chunk of the budget scouting the middle east for the a good actor who looked the part and spoke legible english?

Nobody gave a shit, Arabs most likely understood it was just a movie made in the west for western audiences. They have a secure sense of identity. 99 percent of Japanese people don't get fucked off about cultural appropriation when we dress girls up as geishas or whatever, they think it's amusing and are glad we're taking an interest.

easier than scrounging up some literal who

it is

>99 percent of Japanese people don't get fucked off about cultural appropriation when we dress girls up as geishas or whatever, they think it's amusing and are glad we're taking an interest.

Well that's more of they see it as a sign of their cultural superiority that we want to emulate it.

They get self-hating youth too

It was the 60s. Sidney Poitier still hasn't even won his Oscar.
And I don't know if this can be called blackface, I mean they just put some cream on him not much because skin color, but it would look really weird some light skinned gentleman living under that sun, I mean Peter O Toole got a nice tan by the end of the movie. Most arabs today can be mistaken as caucasian: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Faisal_bin_Hussein
Auda abu was spot on though, he was actually more dark skinned in reality and they even gave Anthony Quinn a prosthetic nose. They made him look really obnoxious.

Ste fanny