Their review of The Last Jedi was spot on

Their review of The Last Jedi was spot on.
>They say the movie is a mess
>They make fun of Rose
>They say Kylo Ren was interesting
>They say Rey wasn't a Mary Sue
>They aren't stupid plebs that go "Muh Luke character 'assassination'", in fact, they like the direction for the character, even if the execution is flawed
>They still rate the prequels lower and make fun of the stupid contrarian fans that say otherwise
BASED

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/ajvY0NDAj35odgi-AwQsQw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE EXACT SAME SHITTY CONTRARIAN OPINION AS ME

I also get all my opinions from rlm and then claim that I always felt that way.

>giving a fuck about Reddit Letter Media, or any other fucking youtube critic tier bullshit

They shat all over ir but these brainlets over here are convinced they are shilling it for some reason

>TFA was rehashing ANH on p-purpose!

Of course it was on purpose. Are you implying it was accidental?

Are you retarded or fishing for you's?

i think a lot of review was what they didnt even say, especially mike.
it was like they couldnt explain their feelings except laugh

I've been mocking the #NotMyLuke fags from day 1

You think it was a mistake or that they movie was trying to hide what it was doing?

>TLJ is new and not a rehash OT(ESB)
>Princess Leia flying scene "not funny"… I thought womyn were funny?
>Rey is not a "mary sue" ( justifying fight in TFA)/ stupid fans & "internet" people.
>Ok with Luke being failure
>OK with destruction of lore
>Strange editing, dialogue & pacing as opposed to terrible.
>Nothing in Star Wars needs to make sense…
>Kylo ren is awesome
>ST has nowhere to go….
>They did not come out and say they hated or even if they would recommend it….
they went soft on it. pathetic.

>They say Kylo Ren was interesting
Did they? I was waiting for them to say it, but I don't remember that they did.

Are we going to have this thread every hour now?

>oh look! It's the exact same thread as yesterday. Thank you user-kun!

That's not what I remember at all. They were shitting on it for 30 minutes then they were shitting on the fanbase for 15 minutes

Definitely went soft. They could have gone full Prometheus on it if they wanted. Enough shitty writing for it.

Why would I give a fuck about what some Youtubers think about a movie? Do brainless normies actually watch these channels?

They looked suicidal, especially Mike.

Rich said that he thought Luke giving up on the force was interesting, but they never went into detail about how Luke was character assassinated.

They will talk about it in the pinket review

>They were secretly on my side
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The movie is more confusing than it is bad. Their reaction was appropriate. You faggots are plebs.

>contrarian Olympics
Sup Forums BTFO AGAIN

Absolutely it was. It just didn't do it very imaginatively.

NOOOOOOOO

>They aren't stupid plebs that go "Muh Luke character 'assassination'"

are you baiting me with this crap

luke’s defining personality traits were that he was reckless and eager to jump into action, that he saw the good in almost completely evil people, and he cared deeply about his friends and family.

please explain to me how nearly murdering his innocent nephew over a premonition and then giving up on life refusing to act or help his friends until the very end isnt a character assasination

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/ajvY0NDAj35odgi-AwQsQw/

How much do you get paid for this?

No they debunked one of the common arguments for her being a mary sue by her beating kylo

she is still a genius force user,pilot,mechanic for no reason really the mechanic thing could be passed with her scavenging lifestyle i suppose but she is still pretty much perfect and a boring hero

finn would have been better as the main character, had a more interesting story but then they canned that as soon as possible

The fact that you faggots are so obsessed with the fact that they very briefly bring up the Mary Sue thing simply to make a joke about how everyone in the movie is a horrible failure is fucking hilarious and really showcases just how insecure you losers are.

He didn't nearly murder anyone.

>Browses Sup Forums and acts superior to everyone through ad hominem attacks on a bunch of anonymous users

yeah they arent the only insecure ones

maybe but you can clearly see that they hated it
if you read between the lines and look at their faces it is obvious
especially Mike

You're delusional. They have no reason to lie and you have no reason to not take them at face value if it wasn't for your butthurt.

no you are the one who is butthurt and delusional

Sargon of Mossad did the best review.

they know very well the real definition of mary sue.

>TFA was rehashing ANH on p-purpose!

Could have had a point going along with the ring theory bullshit of the prequels

Why do you retards worship the opinions of a bunch of fat nerds so much anyways?

I dont know, it seemed like they were holding back a lot. They spent too much time criticizng the fans and Disney instead of the movie.

Why?
They can't words? Fuck these cucks.

This review sucked

I don't know why Jay was saying that The Force Awakens being a remake was necessary. Everybody knows what happens in A New Hope, so telling the same story again was pointless.

They avoided criticizing all the VERY heavy-handed sociopolitical overtones, though. And don't even bother wasting my time saying "it wasn't important"-- Luke's entire failure to have a character arc is a result of it.

The Last Jedi broke Red Letter Media.

Mike Stoklasa has become a parody of himself. He’s become the very same brand of person he openly mocked in his Avatar Plinkett review: a braindead viewer of corporate mediocrity.

A mediocrity that he’s now become acquainted with and feels awkward openly criticizing. He dances around The Last Jedi’s various flaws but never twists the knife as much as it should be twisted, the pinnacle of his “criticisms” being that the director used the wrong brand of Yoda. He gets the biggest pass out of the trio because it’s assumed he will delve deeper with his Plinkett reviews, the alter ego that peaked with the Indiana Jones video essay, and is now being used as a vehicle for petty frustrations rather than pointing out genuine narrative flaws.

Jay Bauman is a glorified blogger trying to solidify his position into what he believes is the right side of history. He doubles down on his approval of The Force Awakens. He dismisses the label of Mary Sue for Rey, despite the fact that our protagonist somehow gets the better of Snoke’s guards, despite the peak of her “training” by Luke being a meditation session—yet during the fight she doesn’t utilize the force at all but instead it all consists of pure combat, and combat, as we know, was not addressed during her glossed over “training” with Luke. Who knew fighting drunk thieves on Jakku with a staff could prepare you against blood-colored intergalactic knights?

Rich Evans is as passive as he’s ever been. He’s usually not afraid to delve into the misdeeds of a film but here he appears to be the most broken, his signature laugh now resembling a cry for help made by a broken man now disillusioned with the Hollywood he thought he knew. He regurgitates the same opinions made by his peers, his inner frustrations almost coming into life during various parts of the review but ultimately becoming diminished by his broken spirit.

This is the end for Red Letter Media.

It's 2018 and I'm not even going to bother reading your post. I know you came to Sup Forums with stars in your eyes thinking you were going to write the next big "epic pasta" that would be remembered for all time like "DAMN jamie lee looked like THAT?" or "YOU MEAN LIKE YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW?" or "The waves have claimed her" but honestly you migrants just display such low energy tryhardery it isn't even worth giving your pedantic scribblings a passing glance.

>it's a troll
>it's a bad dream
>it's a mess
>it's creatively bankrupt
>it killed any further interest in the series
>soft
And I like how you ignore the legitimated criticism they gave of the super Leia scene instead of just being retarded memesters about it.

I was deeply disappointed with Rich being "okay" with Luke being a failure and the whole "muh jedi need to end" plotline. Total fucking travesty, this isn't Star Wars.

>TLJ is new and not a rehash OT(ESB)
It's not though, the only similiarities are visuals of the final batle

This

t. Jay Bauman

the only one single thing I like in the entirety of nuWars, new trilogy, spinoffs, etc, is that one scene in the beginning of TFA when kylo ben stops that blaster bolt in midair. that was pretty cool
the rest is all meh

i wish i was jay
i wish my hot boipucci was the talk of the town

^this

^and this

>only because everyone fucks up at every turn, including Rey
still a mary sue

This post is a long winded way of saying "They don't agree with me enough so they suck"

To get the nuAudience

Ironically enough, this post should become a pasta

Constantly fucking up and not succeeding is literally the exact opposite of a Mary Sue

It's definitely more cerebral than their other reviews, it didn't try to paint a white or black picture. It gave a more objective view of what the movie is.

The only flaw is that they didn't talk about luke more, he's star wars.

>"Muh Luke character 'assassination'"

*repeats your argument as a simplistic straw man using a goofy voice*

Damn, I feel so BTFO out by schoolyard level come backs.

Rian Johnson tweeting/namedropping them worked like a charm.
Every SW director from now on will give them a twitter shout out to knock the wind out of their sails.

>it didn't try to paint a white or black picture
How is that different than most of their reviews?

>Rian Johnson tweeting/namedropping them worked like a charm.
You mean Rian Johnson wanted them to disslike the movie and call it a jumbled mess that made them lose all interest in the franchise?

It was actually pretty artful, you fuckwank.

No, RLM has had a weird year or so.
You occasionally see Mike get bursts of energy, but the others
keep dragging him down to their level of mediocrity and defeatism.

> it's like someone shooting john lennon, george harrison and paul mccartney within an hour
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

He stood over a sleeping teenager and ignited his lightsaber ready to strike him down before doubting himself, Kylo woke up before he could be murdered

>Kylo woke up before he could be murdered
He wasn't gonna get murdered even if he didn't wake up

He realized that he was wrong the instant he turned on the saber though, Kyle just happened to wake up before he could put it away. Were you even paying attention?

#NotMyLuke fags are intellectually dishonest brainlets

>expecting fair star wars reviews from bunch of trekkies
OHNONONONONONONONO
*INHALES*

Couldn't you have bothered getting a new op?

Padme was completely unoffensive and everything she does helps the bad guys unintentionally every step of the way until her death and her story caps off that she spectacularly failed due her actions being directly involved in the fall of the things she loved the most, with basically the whole galaxy as collateral. Padme was less Mary Sue and more bonafide Tragic Heroine who wanted to do right but was being played by greater forces.

Hell, was a while since i saw TPM but doesn't the castle infiltration she leads fail too and is bailed out the the droids shutting down.

Padme is nowhere near as Mary Sue as Rey.

>this is now a hershlag thread

I was disappointed that they didn't share my viewpoints
That's it.

ESB basic plot line:
>Han and Leia are on the run from the empire, Luke trains with an older and wiser Jedi on an isolated planet.
TLJ main plot line:
>Finn and fat asian lady are on the run from the first order, Rey trains with an older and wiser Jedi on an isolated planet.
The only difference was that ESB didn’t have a pointless plot about reducing horses from Las Vegas. I honesty can’t believe none of them brought this up, but at least their review was still 97% negative.

They are going to fade out now that reviewers like E ; R and yes even FUCKING PEWDIEPIE can talk about race and SJWs in their reviews now. People want real reviewers not gen Xers that are too scared to call Get Out a race baiting pos, or talk about forced diversity and immigration

I mean when pewdiepie say things like multi-ethnic societies are bad, you need to realize a trend is happening and follow suit. Can't believe they still remain politically "neutral".

>I only care about reviews that validate my opinion
Cool, bro.

No I care about reviewers that talk about real shit and how these movies influence real world events

>Wanting Sup Forumstard reviewers
Get fucked, nerd

>Wanting Sup Forumstard reviewers

>If I call something Sup Forumstard then it is invalid

Did you not understand why that was humorous, you fucking autist/underage?

it was necessary for Disney, not for the audience

>Talk about SJWs reeee
Sup Forumstard

kek
your gif saved this thread desu

REDDIT LETTER MEDIA SHILLS PLEASE LEAVE

*slays*

Didn't we win, since we are more contrarian?

They said Rian Johnson was right in killing everything that made SW what it was to try something new. That means they should not be listened to.

This trilogy is equivalent to Ghostbusters, a reboot that follows the original structure but changes it in every possible wrong way you can think of.

>People want real reviews about jews, niggers, spics and other '''''''redpills'''''''!

its whats relevant now that riots and bombing happen every other day and movies still force diversity in

Rey is better in this movie. She still has no justification for being as powerful as she is considering she has received absolutely no training.

>riots and bombing happen every other day
you have more chance to get shot by a cop in the us than being killed in a terrorist attack

They didn't say it was "right," they just said it was an interesting idea that had potential but was executed terribly.

>in fact, they like the direction for the character

They don't you retarded ape. They said it could work if they did it very good and that's it.

Yeah honestly I think people went too far in the opposite direction after the prequels. Everyone just wanted Empire vs Rebels again but that really is boring as fuck when doing that just destroys the entire struggle of the original trilogy. It's impossible to care about the rebelling when it is run by incompetent idiots and this movie takes for granted the rebellion being good. Why should I care about the rebels? First Order at least has ambitious characters, what does anyone in the rebellion even want?

the expanded universe was sometimes retarded, but at least Disney should have taken some interesting bits and pieces here and there instead of throwing everything away because lol reasons

They did right in throwing all that garbage out

Based Jay triggering the tards