Are these actually based then?

the prequals are confirmed for actually based now

>based
no, it's still shit, maybe less shit than the new movies for your personal taste but it's still shit and will allways be.

I actually liked them. Sue me.

all George needs to do now is edit down these three to one (OK, maybe two) flicks and update the special effects (admit it, about 75% now look dated) and we could have the prequals reborn as UBER-KINO

English Motherfucker, Do You Speak It?

they're comfy

samuel l jackson is in the prequals

I think that's the main problem is he really only had one movie worth of material but he had to fill three because he already made the decision back in the 80s.

then it wouldnt be a trilogy you fuckin retard

I'm pretty sure I'll never re-watch them, but I do look at them differently now. They were just trying to flesh out a story, to give fans more of what they want. They're flawed, but innocent. They didn't look at the past with contempt and decide that it all needed to be destroyed like the new movies seem to.

the phantom menace is terrible
attack of the clones is barely an improvement
revenge of the sith is entirely passable but not enough to make up for the clusterfuck established in the previous two

here's you

Watch the no-cheese fan re-edits, then they're pretty good

You never let a director write and supervise the editing, they never want to leave anything out even when its garbage. It's what saved a New Hope.

nope

The only thing wrong with the prequels is that Dooku wasn't in episode I. I know it's because Lucas changed the story of II and III based on Episode I's reception, but it's a shame he didn't special edition that shit while Lee was still alive. Seeing Dooku on the Jedi council and what lead to his leaving them would have made for a much better trilogy.

That's not true at all. I wrote, directed, and edited my own indie film and I was extremely liberal with my cuts when it came time to edit. Entire scenes, entire characters even, just trimming that fucker down to only what worked and only what was necessary,

>dah NEw hope wad savaed IN ESditign

>defending the prequels just to spite nuwars
You faggots are literally fucking children.

Yes, they are baed.
But they have some minor flaws and some dumb decissions that angered the sci-fantasy fanbase.

>not liking the prequals because muh originals
i h8 u m8

I rewatched Phantom Menace, since everyone kept saying that TLJ is nowhere near as bad as it, and I remember liking it as a kid. The worst of it is JarJar, Anakin and that its cartoony. And that nobody asked for an origin story. I also went into rewatching it with the mindset that JarJar is malice, merely pretending to be retard. Interesting fan-theory, but now that I have better context on the scenes, the theory grasped many straws.

Despite JarJar, the movie is good. Its not needed, but it expanded Star Wars world building immensely. Anakin is at times too clever for a little kid and the worse immersion breaking he does is taking out the Federation's droid control ship. Which still is not that unbelievably, since he has spend most of his life in Pod racing. Its more unbelievably he is still alive, since Pod racing is a blood sport with barely any rules. R2 gets him into space and then by using his Pod racing skills, he flies through the interior of the Federation ship, shooting whatever is on the sight, with the help of R2. 9 yr old Anakin ending the war is more believable than Rey being Rey.

I can see why they included JarJar, with both Quigon and Obiwan being stoics, and the show having more cartoony look to it. I think this movie would've fared better as flash animation. A lot of the droids are being silly and the aliens in Tatooine are cartoony and cartoony evil.

Its better than Rogue One, TFA and TLJ. Rogue One is safe and pointless, so it might as well not exist. TFA is shit and boring, wheres TLJ is shit and mind numbingly dumb. I can't remember Ep.2&3, the last I saw them was while watching Star Wars in machete order, but I remember them being the low point of the movies. That makes the Phantom Menace 4th BEST Star Wars movie.

no one cares

Wall of text or Star Wars? Just imagine they're subtitles.

>less shit than the new movies

That's a straight up lie. While in no way are the Nu Wars up there with the trilogy, they are still better than the prequels because we understand what's going on, the characters act like real human beings and the plot isn't total trash.

Either way here's your (you)

>the prequals are confirmed for actually based now

Well, that depends really. If public consensus is that the films are bad, then they are good. But if Sup Forums likes them, then I have disagree and say they're bad. I have to do more reading on Sup Forums to decide whether I like them or not.

Obi Wan is not really stoic, he is kind of an asshole.

Episode I is comfy if you turn off your brain for parts. Personally it makes me very nostalgic. It has the best lightsabre battle and some interesting world building. It makes you fell smart for figuring out that Padmé is the queen and Palpatine is the emperor (you're not).

II is over the top at some points in regards to Anakin but is otherwise decent. There's too much C3PO. The factory scene is awful It is too long and very dull, they should've found a better way for Anakin and Padmé to get captured. On the plus, there's increasingly more naked Padmé

III is : for what it is - a masterpiece, I'm convinced of this more everytime I watch it.

Wew, you sound retard

Coming from someone who thinks the prequels are good movies. Don't be throwing rocks in that glass house of yours.

>we understand what's going on
>yfw watching the prequels

Have you seen them? Can you gauge the quality of the shit you watch?

i suggest you return to reddit if thats your diagnosis for determining the quality of tv and or film

What, watching stuff? You're the one who needs to be told what to think.

Only episode 3 is based.
The 2 and 1 are mix good of good and bad moments.

I'd rather have a single good movie than a trilogy of shite

thats literally r.eddit

The problem is its a trilogy. If it was just ROTS it'd be acceptable.

contrarian olympics general

no, they are still shit. Just because more shit comes out does not make the previous shit less shit.

3 is unironically in par with ROTJ maybe even better.

There's more plot in each PT movie than the entire OT combined.

No, they are even worse than the new ones

This meme isnt funny user

id rather have a good trilogy than a shitty single movie

What is? You seem to be the expert.

>Palpatine is constantly exposing himself to Anakin but he's too stupid to pick up on it and literally has to tell him

>Rather than wait and try to arrest and expose this guy in public the Jedi decide it would be better to do it at night with little to no witnesses because shut up

>Anakin isn't seduced but tricked into becoming evil

>Even when Sidious straight up says he doesn't know how to save people from death when he said he did, Anakin still goes along with his plan rather than kill him for making him kill Mace for nothing

>He only wanted to save Padme but now has no problem killing all of the Jedi including the children because shut up

>Palpatine tells the senate the Jedi tried to kill him and take over despite these guys loyally working for the Republic for over a thousand generations

>Because of this that means the Republic should become an Empire because shut up

>Everyone agrees and cheers because shut up

>Obi Wan and Yoda are looking at the damning evidence, don't give this to anyone because shut up and they split up to fight Palpatine and Anakin when sticking together would have given them a better chance at killing them both

>Because we need everything to sync up to episode 4 everyone has to be fucking retard because Lucas couldn't think of a proper way to put Palpatine in power

Episode 3 was fucking awful.

There's more shitty exposition and people sitting in couches, for sure.

I feel like they're passable movies minus Attack of the Clones.
To be perfectly honest I feel The Phantom Menace gets way too much flak and I wish people would give it another shot.

Why do you think having no attention span is a good thing? Does it have to be pew pew bang bang every single second?

t. reddit

Why do you think straw man fallacies work as arguments? Unnecessary exposition works against the film when the information could be more effectively conveyed through action. Show, don't tell.
Bravo, George.

At least it was something different. Even if it wasn't the most intelligent political story, it helped us understand how the world works and makes the OT feel like a conflict with origins and higher stakes as opposed to the sequel trilogy which right now is just riffing off of the OT in every way it possibly can. I'd rather see more of that than pointless filler like the group sans Luke getting stuck in an asteroid for 20 minutes.

>people sitting in couches
Your words. The PT does operate on show don't tell, which is why so many people like this guy
complains about not knowing what's going on.
Compare this with Nu-Wars that has some of the most ham-fisted character development I have seen out of children's cartoons.

Episode 3 is fun
the others are utter garbage

At least it has character development.

This is beyond retarded redditor tier.

This is outright false and why people overrate RotS so much will never not confuse me.

>best lightsaber battles
But that's wrong unless you're a child obsessed with bright objects, the fights in empire and rotj were pure unfiltered kino

who the fuck is that black guy at the bottom of Episode 1? Was he even in the movie?

>Finn in TFA
>Leaves the First Order because he's tired of killing people
>Heads to Starkiller Base to help Rey

>Finn in TLJ
>Characterized by the director as someone who only cares about himself

>PT
>Anakin struggles with the expectations placed on him and his desire for freedom
>hurr durr he is creepy and stupid what the fuck is going on!?!?!
>Nu-Wars
>I am PoeTm, I have learned my lesson that LeiaTm told me to learn earlier in the film, FinnTm you need to pull back
>I am FinnTm I am now a rebel like the Asian girl told me earlier in the film, I will not pull back.

>point out all the logical fallacies going on in episode 3

>HURR DURR GOTTA BE REDDIT

I bet you were 10 when Episode 3 came out.

I didn't understand that either. Finn wasn't leaving the ship because he was being selfish. He was doing it to protect Rey from coming back while they were being pursued by the FO as she would have been a main target for them. But this isn't surprising considering TLF was written before TFA was finished filming.

>le prequels are shit meme
Try watching movies, not shitty reviews of them.

yes

Fuck me forgot to quote
The new trilogy has the opposite of character development.

The entirety of Star Wars was made for children obsessed with bright objects

>At least it was something different.
That doesn't redeem it in the slightest.

The prequels were great. It enhanced the OT by quite a lot and gave us a lot of exposition on the Star Wars world. Also, they were the best time to be a Star Wars fan - best period for comics, video games, books related to Star Wars came out then. Nobody should listen to some dumb kikes on Disney's payroll who's biggest accomplishment was making a trash movie named Space Cop or something.

If you're dumb enough to like the prequels I can understand why you would think that

>Compare this with Nu-Wars
No, because that would be shifting the blame. Also you can't build a strawman form what two different people posted.

Based garbage

Do you ever read what you write?

You are complaining that episode 3 set up for episode 4.(the whole point pt) and about how jedi fell in palpatine trap.

>No, because that would be shifting the blame
No, because we are discussing which is better. See

What were they based on?

They are Spectacles, they obviously have issues like dialog, but they have ambition and intent and as a whole showcases a how the Republic "fell" quite well, from the low stakes that get comically resolved TPM in a era of peace to the complete slaughter in TPM showing why the galaxy needed A New Hope.

Individually they all fail, but together they become more interesting due the tonal shifts while maintaining a certain consistency, and showing the peace the Rebellion was fighting for.

And say what you want, Lucas obviously poured his heart into them.

Did you read the post you quoted? I think you're unequipped to have this argument.

TLJ being shit doesn't suddenly make the prequels stop being shit.

Every Star Wars related thing is garbage except the original trilogy and some of the videogames.

ANH
>I am HanTm. I have learned my lesson about not being selfish after spending time with Luke save Leia and seeing what the Rebels were up against
ESB
>I am LukeTm, I have learned my lesson about not being so overconfident in myself when I should have gone back with Han to the base rather than want to check out an asteroid and almost getting killed by a wompa and almost getting killed again by Vader when I thought I could take him on by myself with barely any training fighting

I know everything is supposed to sync up with episode 4. But the only way George could think of was to make everyone blind and stupid to Palpatine for no reason other than he needed to get Palpatine into power and Anakin becoming Vader. The whole "the Jedi have lost their power to use the Force" was a cheap thing to do. If Palpatine was so fucking powerful then why didn't people like Padme and Organa fall under his control like the rest of the senate? It was because he needed Organa to be one of the founders of the Rebellion and for Padme to confront Anakin about what\s happening.

They were always based.

But now we have really awful star wars movies to hate on.

>>I am LukeTm, I have learned my lesson about not being so overconfident in myself when I should have gone back with Han to the base rather than want to check out an asteroid and almost getting killed by a wompa and almost getting killed again by Vader when I thought I could take him on by myself with barely any training fighting
It works because it happens organically. It isn't ham-fisted. When you actually examine what happens in TLJ, then Poe is acting sensibly while admiral Hondo is withholding information for no reason.

t. soy chugging manchild

>try to arrest and expose this guy in public
>in public
Citizens! Not only those Jedi dragged us into war over the issue that could have been peacefully resolved with ease out of mere assumption that some Siths (who happen to be the only opposition of Jedi in the galaxy) are behind the trade federation, not only a Jedi, count Dooku, was leading the droid armies, but now they accuse me, the elected councelor, of being that very Sith - based only on the vocal evidence of, who else, another Jedi! Treason i call it - to arms, fellow citizens of the republic! Down with the rotten Jedi theocracy!

No, they were pretty shit. Especially 1 and 2.
However the worldbuilding was objectively better than nu-Wars at least.

>the jedi who dragged us into this war

Uh, did we not see the same movie? It was the senate who gave Palpatine the power to enact the creation of the clone army and made the Jedi the guys acting generals to lead the clones into battle. The Jedi were just following orders given to them by the senate.

40-

>It was the senate who gave Palpatine the power to enact the creation of the clone army
Right after two assclowns turned trade route tax conflict into the civil war and the other assclown with Jedi background showed with the droid army - because none of the systems really wanted to separate so the separatists needed the cannon fodder to grasp on some systems and make their citizens do so.

>Implying people remember political events older then 4 years.
>Implying Sheev wouldn't get away with pinning the blame on Jedi by just bringing up selective parts.

I'd give examples, but Sup Forums and im sure you can find your own that suits your own affirmant-bias and paints the opposing side as idiots.

(You)

>conflict
The Trade Federation created a blockade, invaded Naboo, disposed their government and were killing their people none of which was spurred on by the Jedi. The Trade Federation are to blame for all of that. Then the Supreme Chancellor doesn't believe the two Jedi he sent to deal with this for no reason other than to allow Padme to call for a vote of no confidence and get Palpatine elected.

He did believe them, but Palpatine had undermined his authority and made him dependent on the buerocrats who were on the trade federation payroll.

>thinks a trilogy with a comedy rabbit, a child actor, and three sticks of wood as main characters are better than the original trilogy or even nu-wars
>calls other people soy
Millinials are hilarious

>grrr I hate children and people who are stoic
reddit spotted.

>equating shitty child actors with children in general
>equating people giving shit performances due to bad direction and writing to stoicism
>I'll try straw manning, that's a good trick!

Things that were bad in the past don't improve with the future becoming worse.

Rewatch the second one now.

Also, how would you have handle it differently? Would you have just told George to skip it and jump straight into Teen Anakin?

no, they're awful. everything after the first 2.5 movies is trash, and not funny watchable garbage, but actual junk you wish you could get rid of. i can't believe there are more awful star wars movies than a 50:50 split or even a majority of decent ones.

>George signed away Star Wars to the mouse so everyone would realize that the PT actually wasn't that bad, and had a lot of interesting and creative ideas in a lively setting
>People are now apologizing

How did he do it, lads? How could he have known what would happen?

How come Anakin still used the blue saber after he turned

>le prequels are not shit meme

You Star Wars manchildren really need this. From a purely cinematic standpoint : the realisation is shitty, the characters are shitty, the plot is shitty and the action is shitty (except for that Darth Maul duel). The only good thing inherent to the prequels was the fantastic music.

It was Jedi who were caught snooping around Geonosis though. Their original mission from the Chancellor was to protect Amidala, then the council told Obi-Wan to investigate, he got caught on Geonosis, then Anakin and Padme got caught, then Mace went to rescue them and got a ton of Jedi killed, then Yoda linked up with the clones that the senate just voted on and bailed everyone out, but failed to apprehend Dooku and stop the war before it started.