Marvel: Legacy

Marvel: Rebirth is finally happening

Other urls found in this thread:

blastr.com/2017-4-23/marvel-legacy-new-era-original-numbering
abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forgot the link because I'm stupid

blastr.com/2017-4-23/marvel-legacy-new-era-original-numbering

>shocking revelation will break the internet
What will it be, Sup Forums?

Star Wars/Marvel crossover?

Reversing OMD/bringing back Peter/MJ?

Logan/other hero coming back to life?

Return of the Fantastic Four

It won't matter

Marvel needs new blood, not relaunched books or bringing back old characters.

You can change the product around, but if the talent producing it is the same, then nothing will change.

My favorite part about this is that Marvel has to have confusing ass explanations for how it derives its numbering

Miles Morales is Hydra

OMD. Everything else would be underwhelming.

Star Wars would be enraging. If they /want/ to bring the two universes together they should test the waters first with an alternate reality book titled Darth Vader Kills the Marvel Universe.

>Darth Vader Kills the Marvel Universe
Fund it.

>Logan/other hero coming back to life?
Logan coming back isn't going to break the internet especially when one of his replacements is just and older version of him

>Peter Quill picks up Vader's helmet and mask
>"We're in trouble"

>Final battle between Darth Vader and Thanos at the end.

>Thanos uses the infinity gauntlet to send a shit ton of asteroid to crash into Darth Vader.

>Thanos assumes Vader is dead.

>He starts to walk away when the bits of rock begin to rumble.

>The mountain is force pushed off of him.

>Thanos looks back horrified.

>"Impossible! The Infinity Gauntlet makes me all powerful!"

>"The force is more powerful."

>Uses the force to pull the gauntlet off of Thanos and erases him from existence.

>Book ends explaining how Vader easily took over the universe.

>So Vader goes back to Earth, and uses the now diseased Reed's dimensional gate to go to alternate realities and conquer them as well.

>Splash page of Vader in the Marvel Zombies Universe.

I really wish Marvel would utilize their alternate realities the way they should, warming people up to their questionable ideas.

>Not, "I got a bad feeling about this."

Ultimate Peter Parker returns. Goes to Highschool in 616.

>not "DUDE STAR WARS LMAO"

>Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso did promise a big last-page reveal, and longtime editor Tom Breevort also teased “the return of a central piece of the Marvel mythos that readers have been mourning in recent months.”

OMD was 10 years ago. i guess a not insignificant minority is always in mourning but i think single Pete is a hill Marvel is gonna die on rather than concede being wrong. especially with Quesada still having creative input.

it has to be return of Logan/classic Wolverine. recent months? Logan movie.

>Not "Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?"

You mean Marvel:Afterbirth

>Star Wars would be enraging
Sounds like something Brevoort wants. Don't forget, when the fat fuck was talking about Watchmen being in main continuity for DC, he said Marvel would have pulled something like that a lot sooner.

Mar-Vell and Uncle Ben return from the dead.

Donald Blake is real.

Kaine was Ben Reilly all along.

No more Mutants, for real this time.

Deadpool dies.

>Marvel and SW universe combine
>all new diverse character replace all the SW characters
black lesbian muslim darth vader when

>Uncle Ben coming back to life
That would be huge. But I don't think that's big enough for a large scale like this.

I can see people being excited about Cherie and Han being pals with Groot and Rocket breaking breaking the internet.

Feels like you could tick off a few more boxes with that.
I'd throw in fat and disabled just to be safe

Miles Morales finally comes out as gay

>No more Mutants, for real this time
That would be BAD for Marvel. All the headlines would be "Marvel hates Minorities" or "Marvel goes Full Trump and holocausts Mutant Minorities".

Marvel is trying to rebuild their cred. Doing this would destroy it. They already had an Anti-Semite on X-Men and the Sales Guy saying "no one cares about Diversity".

I would rather Kamala become a lesbian honestly.

From left to right, here is what my mom and dad's knowledge on each head

>Gay steve rogers
>Deadpool.
>Iron Man
>Hulk
>Idk
>Idk
>Spiderman
>Some little black girl
>wolverine girl
>black spiderman
>A second iron man
>thor
>Captain America
>A girl thor
>Idk
>Starlord, i think. they confused it with antman
>The Thing
>Idk some black guy
>Idk
>Gay hulk

This series is going to tank with the normies, because they do not recognize any of the new characters, nor do they want to, as even they can tell one somebody is stealing another hero's name
>Why don't they just make their own heros?

>Gay steve rogers
Kek

Nice get

This is like, the 3rd time this has happened, back when Amazing Spider-Man 500 came out they dropped the issue #27ish to replace it with 500. This shouldn't actually surprise anyone.

>TFW no comedically exaggerate gay Captain America and Hulk book where they're basically rainbow pallet swapped.

All mutants turns out to actually be inhumans

>mfw that seems the most probable choice

Vader already like super disabled tho

Cyclops returning to life and still being right.

>Marvel: Rebirth is finally happening

Only when this happens OP

Good, mediocrity is a step up from terrible.

Marvel/Star Wars is the only thing big enough out of that list for the ENTIRE internet since people actually know about it and care about it.
Nobody outside of comics cares about the FF due to shitty movies, none of them are attached to Peter/MJ being married, and I doubt many people will give a shit if Logan comes back to life since they probably didn't know he was dead in the first place.

But if he meant the section of the internet where nerds reside, OMD being undone or Fantastic Four returning are probably it. Fans have been begging for those two since they've been gone. Maybe Logan coming back since Old Logan's movie has come and gone, but Lemire said another team is taking over after him and they're still pushing Laura and Old Logan on teams and shit.

I just feel like the people who control the star wars ip at disney would just tell them to fuck off

>Maybe Logan coming back
Do you people live under a rock?
This has already been confirmed.

FOR PRINCESS LEIA'S SAKE

>Marvel: Rebirth
>All they're doing is giving their books legacy numbering and bringing back old characters and status quos

That's not fucking enough. Marvel should a full-fledged relaunch like DC did with Rebirth. Keep some of the current books with the legacy numbering while also launching some new ones too. Also shuffle the creative teams.
Also bring back Mayday.

No it fucking hasn't you faggot.

Logan, FF or OMD

OMD is old yeah, but RYV may be the reasoning behind it being "last few months"

Where?

>Legacy
>Moon Girl

Fuck off Marvel.
I used to be exclusively marvel (with the exception of sometimes Batman). I can't bring myself to purchase another Marvel book anymore. How did things go so wrong.

is properly mistake the blurry Jimmy Hudson cover and solicits for the real Logan. Or confused for OML.

Well technically Moon Girl is a "legacy"
She is replacing Moon Boy

POST DREAM CREATIVE TEAMS, FAGGOTS

I'll start: Joe Kelly - Stefano Casselli: Amazing Spider-Man

How long would it take for people to forget about the SJW shit?

Never. But drop it like a bad habit, fully fucking drop it, and they'd see sales bounce back.

People will still post it from time to time and act like it's new even when it's 3 years old

I think it'll be remember like the 90's except with embarrassment instead of "Remember that time x happened? That was funny looking back on it."

Eh, rather have Deadpool kills the Star Wars Universe. Vader needs his ass kicked.

>Star Wars/Marvel crossover
As a fan of the old EU I hope it's this just to shut Disney Wars fans the fuck up.
>hurr durr everything is canon now with totally no silly stuff

YES.

And the mutants who died from the Terrigen Cloud weren't killed, just put into a Terrigen Coma so that they could transmute into their TRUE INHUMAN FORM.

I'd cum so hard that it'd punch a hole in a concrete wall.

Also, undo Sins Past and OMD. Gwen, though I have loved her for, well, longer than a lot of Anons have been alive, deserves to rest. The Goblin Twins can be her and Pete's kids.

Would that affect film rights issues with Fox in any way?

No, but Perlmutter removed the mandate against X-Men and FF after he got kicked by Feige and Disney.

That's why we have RessurXtion and all that shit, and why FF returning is a legitimate possibility.

“The biggest challenge was in fitting everything that we had into the story, while still actually having a story!” Brevoort said.

Having a story still not important.. color me unimpressed...

Hey look!
It's yet another shill's shit-thread claiming the same bullshit that the last shill's shit-thread claimed.
Who wants to bet that they're full of shit, just like the last time?
(don't all raise your hands at once)

It is sad though how Marvel doing the same thing that ruined DC Comics does seem to be the only hope for DC Comics to become comparatively respectable again, unless they actually try to write good comics for a change.
(that last bit was just a joke, and like The Joker - comedy comes in threes)
I happened to notice that the survival of DC Comics isn't even worth discussing on Sup Forums, I guess these "brainstorming" threads can't demand the sabotage of them when they've already done it to themselves. But Marvel, they're successful in ways that shills can try to undermine. So here we are.
I guess that was the whole point of this thread being reposted AGAIN this week.

>implying Slott will ever leave Spider-Man

Probably when your Putin handpuppet leads your goosestepping pals to the biggest bookburning jerk-off session the world will ever see and the nukes fly everyone will have bigger things to worry about and your propaganda buzzword won't mean as much anymore.
All those Germans repeating "I knew nothing!" after WW2 didn't keep up with their sloganeering, I have to expect that same thing will happen again.

west coast showing of Carlson is on now, you can probably make it before the last segment if you leave for Sup Forums now.

They don't have the Rick and Morty level BALLS

Hey bitch, if you can't handle the Sup Forums, don't bring the Sup Forums.
(that sounds gayer than Iceman)
I seem to remember this Sup Forums board wasn't intended for bunched-up panties bitching about the threat of Social Justice, but if that's what every thread is going to be about then you have to expect the eventual counter-arguments.
(or at the very least a direct response to the question posed)

Suck it up. I didn't pick the conversation topic. I'm not the one to blame for that, am I? I wanted to talk about comics, but this is what was asked of me here.

hang ys

Taylor will be writing Logan and Laura as part of "Generations".
ABC news and CBR.

Fuck all of (You) lousy cunts.

the term "SJW" has no direct connection to trump. There's a difference between asking when something currently happening in comics is going to stop happening and an assblasted little faggot like you jumping to throwing insults at the president which you could do literally anywhere else.

I don't care if you don't see the difference or if you think that makes me a snowflake. This is Sup Forums not Sup Forums. You aren't talking about comics, or anything related to comics. You're an assblasted faggot venting about a politician that you dislike.

You know what?
Every single time Sup Forums gets all excited about some insider's interview I'm always reminded of Grant Morrison's X-Men run.
He gave an interview about that comic early on where he said the only reason he wanted Emma Frost to join the team was because Colossus was dead at the time and he wanted someone indestructible for his story.
Think about that.
First of all, he had to create Emma's "secondary mutation" for an excuse of how she came to the mansion, and to explain why she survives so many buildings exploding when she's in them, and to introduce the "secondary mutation" concept ... but beyond that there was absolutely no use of her living diamond transmorphosis in the story at all.
And second, there were already indestructible X-Men he could have used. So creating that ability where none existed was unnecessary to do his story.
In fact, the use of indestructability was at no point in his entire run a plot element.

He obviously lied outright during that interview.

However, the purposeful and deliberate inclusion of Emma Frost in Morrison's X-Men cast was a necessity in hindsight for the Cyclops infidelity story he had planned.

So the moral of this story is such: Don't be a sucker, interviews don't tell you what the comic will be about, that's what the comic is for.

Look pal, if you're going to lie to other people just lie to other people, but if you're going to lie to yourself you're going to have to stop putting those lies out there for anyone to casually disprove and destroy your false and fragile worldview.
That's just a recipe for eventual insanity.

You're obviously BEGGING for a shitty little Sup Forums debate right here right now with your post.
Otherwise you would have dropped this.
Because I did say this wasn't the board for your Sup Forums shit. Remember?
You can't claim to be agreeing with that and still want to fight me about your "issues".

That's not Logan coming back, you dumbass.

That is literally just a shitty one-shot where Laura gets zapped to the last to meet Logan.

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
>Is this self-contained? Is this an alternate timeline?
>In one word: No.
>"These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained.
>This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/
>The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe. That’s it. Hyping it as more than that could be a mistake. These are feel good all in one

Jesus christ you're on an image board for cartoons. Chill your tits.

I didn't make the comment about SJW in comics you autistic faggot. And that isn't an inherently political thing to discuss.

Discussing the current president is expressly political. You're the one that can't seem to grasp that.

Stop being so ass blasted about politics not going your way.

And what have you destroyed or disproved?

I need to know more about this post. Were you reading more than one thread? What lie were you referring to? Where did you disprove anything? Who's worldview did you destroy?

Whatever the recipe for insanity is it seems you've got it down to the fucking exact measurements.

user mentioned SJW, you immediately called trump a russian puppet, and I called you out for making it unnecessarily political. The SJW shit was a thing well before your booty got blasted this past campaign. It isn't inherently political.

You fucking tranny's have shit this place up. Just pee in the right bathroom.

It's the dogwhistle for the same old tired Sup Forums neoNazi bullshit that flames every Sup Forums thread. Remember?
You and yours aren't so clever that this code is impossible to crack.
You can't highroad after derailing a hundred threads with the same shit.
How are you so stupid that you can't see that?
Oh, THAT'S RIGHT - you types always say inferiority is inherited.
So you should bitchslap your mother for being born this stupid.

You know it's true

What are you on, user?

This isn't the ramblings of an alcoholic. And you're way too angry to have smoked a doob. Unless it was mids and the seeds gave you THE WORST HEADACHE IN THE WORLD.

Is it Ketamine? Seems like ketamine.

You don't need to do drugs by yourself on a friday and ramble on Sup Forums. You can come make Sup Forums great again and just talk about comics.

>Mouseketeers on damage control THIS hard
Slow day at D*sneyworld, huh Mr. Intern?

THIS.

They are still going to write shit stories

HOLY FUCK GUYS I JUST WANTED TO ASK A QUESTION

I just wanted to defend your right to ask such a question. Of which I was a responder to.

Well thank you user
Take care and have a good night

Marvel has some good writers, there's just no one to reign them in or keep them in check. And that's doubly so for the bad writers.

They could do a literal Marvel Rebirth and it wouldn't change a fucking thing because it's still the same people that gave us Civil War II and Benpool.

My favorite part is that Marvel did the exact same shit in the early-to-mid 00s and nobody had a problem at all.

If you cut off one mouse cap, two more shall take it's place!

That's why nigger ironman and whor sell lower than nova right?

No that's why literal who venom and the big faggot himself odinson sell better than both of them.

Dude, Marvel's always been a bunch of pothead hippies writing about counterculture shit. Right from day one.
How the fuck do you not know that? Read a back issue.

On the other hand, the "controversy" about SocialJusticeWarriors being allowed to write stories in America is some paranoid culture-wars Right-wing fantasy bullshit that was a talkingpoint invented exclusively to troll people.

The answer to your question was that you've bought into a line a bullshit that's not reality.
It ends when you wake the fuck up.

Venom had a huge drop off between Feb and March, and even without that drop off it sold less than Whor.

And with the drop off it's now selling less than Ironman.

Factually incorrect. But what do you care? You listened to a podcast and no tell people to read comics you've never even imagined reading.

>Marvel needs new blood

They tried that.
And we got Gabby Rivera

Monkey's Paw strikes again

For those people who are gullible enough to believe lies about how real these facts are, look it up yourself.
Wired magazine had an article on the neoNazi invention of the "SJW" term being invented to harass the Sci-Fi writer's award.
The Wikipedia article on Science fiction literary awards has a section devoted to this.
These are facts you can easily look up right now and verify completely independent of anything I say here.
And if you're stupid enough to believe the lie that Marvel in the '70s wasn't all about the liberal counterculture movement you deserve what you get.

The Problem isn't so much as getting new blood, it's WHERE they're getting new blood.

Most of the Decision makers at Marvel think that the only thing that the Comic book reader wants is something that will resonate with MIllenials, their target audience.

However, most of the Millenials that do read comics or watch their shows are not idiots who do not respond well to buzzwords like "Holy menstration" "Becky" or whatever buzzword they checked off a pre-made list.

What makes a character iconic are the messages that they have to spread and whether they can resonate between the old and the new fans and a middleground can be reached.

If they want to find new blood, they need to look away from tumblr and start looking at individuals who not only have an interest in comic books but also those who understand what proper story building is. This is why DC is dominating Marvel not so much that they're better comics, but because they are at least written by someone with basic understanding of the character they are writing.

>proper story building

Hello. Time to wake up. That's Bendis' whole thing and Sup Forums won't stop whining about how much they hate him.

Too bad all the shitty Legacy characters are still around and we still have doubles of all of the top heroes making them not unique what so ever.

The problem with BMB is that most of his stories come off as real dry and that it feels more that he is more accustomed to writing books instead of comic books and he also has a tendency of writing too many Event storylines which detracts and meanders to the point to where it actually chases away potential consumers.

To his benefit he CAN write, just not comic books and what a comic character should be.

George Soros owes him some money and he's mad.

Holy shit guys
What Marvel kino is coming this fall?
Thor & Hulk movie
Who is still dead in the comics?
That's it.
Also he was killed cuz of nazi cap, so he'll return when Kobik undo all of hydra shit

I bet you one shiny penny that they don't go the "magic girl fixes everything" route.
Maybe she'll fix Steve's brain after he's done something really horrible, but ModernMarvel is all about consequences for a character's actions.

Depends on sales

How about Logan coming back and slaughtering OML for no reason?