Would transwomen be allowed on Themyscira?

Would transwomen be allowed on Themyscira?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galli
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck, that image is triggering me.

But Sup Forums told me WW was kind and friendly

Blame it on Mark Waid, that fat fuck.

If she identifies as female, sure.

No, given that is a mediterranean culture (showfags can go fuck themselves, it's not in the bahamas) and no bronze age or classical culture had a concept of "trans" they would not be allowed.

More important, it's a shame how much they force niggers into that island, the mediterranean had tons of ehtnicities, from semites, turkish, southern europeans, central europeans and even poos in the loo... for some reason that isnt considered diversity, they need black people too.

Oh, she just means that she brings them to Transformation Island. A Themysciran prison facility, where the inmates where magical brainwashing belts that force them to obey and make them incapable of even forming harmful thoughts.

desu no, they'd probably wonder why someone is denying what they are

Isn't the real reason that her rogues gallery was written during WWII and they were all stereotypical Japanese/German scientist villains and then a Chinese villain during the red scare and then finally a cheetah because why not?

nice excuse

Italians are dark skinned because they fucked africans and arabs. what do you mean "they need black people too"? There would be more africans than Jews in the area.

You sound like an absolute faggot.

It depends on the writer.

Most iterations, yes.
The New52 Psychodykes, nah they'd probably be TERF.
Nah they're dark skinned because they're fucking Mediterranean and that shit's natural to most their ethnicity. Cut it out with the Arab rape meme

>no bronze age or classical culture had a concept of "trans"

The Greeks had a fucking trans priest cult, dipshit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galli

She is very inconsistently written because every writer feels a need to reinvent her.
the solution is to imagine her like she was back in sensation.

Back to pol

Johns wanted to add 'drama' to Superman/Wonder Woman's relationship.

SM/WW was honestly one of the worst ideas from Nu52. It was literally executed terribly from everyone. And no one liked it.

Probably allowed but they wouldn't have Amazonian strength

>Italians are dark skinned because they fucked africans and arabs

Nice meme nordicist idiot.
>There would be more africans than Jews in the area.

Sure... North africans mediterraneans, not blacks.

For 14000 years sub-saharans couldnt get to the mediterranean sea. There's no evidence of that, there's not genetic proof of that, and one single dinasty of nubian rulers didnt change it.

Noridicsm and afrocentrism are the same retarded concept: making shit up so insecure snowniggers and niggers don't feel bad.

Notions of Oracles or Muses would transcend Gender as well.

>geoff johns does it again

Greek=/=Roman

Also, stop thinking every "third" sex is the equivalent of being trans. it was a different concept, just like in india or what the native americans had. Saying they were trans it's like saying Genghis khan was white due his reddish hair or that central americans were black cuz them lips...

But i won't waste my time with someone so stupid that confused rome and greece.

You can tell that order came on down from higher than Johns.

Superman and Wonder Woman should just avoid each other.

When they're paired together, even as mere friends, Wonder Woman always get a batch of the rabies in order to create contrast between the two and add some drama to their dynamic. Few stories have them both as nice and rational people.

In Rucka's Themyscira? Definitely. Just so that a "female trapped in a male body" Rucka would be accepted with open arms.

>Greek=/=Roman
The Cybele cults were in Greece before they were in Rome, it came from the East. In fact Rome outlawed them for a long time.

>Also, stop thinking every "third" sex is the equivalent of being trans.

They cut off their balls, dressed in women's clothing, and called themselves women. What more do you want?

I really like Bruce and Clark as best friends, but I kind of like how when they're not she's the balance between them. Recent DC and New Frontier come to mind.

So..... I don't know she should help them be bros when they get into a tiff.

>higher than johns

Johns, Didio and Lee were the higher powers of new52. Johns in particular outranked both in general but had no editorial position. He wanted to make a big deal out of their fight but after including Lex all went to shit. Seriously Lex was was killed his JL.

>Being a Superhero means you have to let the Villian live despite them having a track record of escaping and doing the same shot because the writers can't be arsed to come up with new villains.

Fucking Capeshit-fags.

DC: The New Frontier (or Justice League: The New Frontier) suffered from the same issue, though.

Wonder Woman was turned into the usual brash and cold lady warrior who see no problem in spilling blood for "the greater good", all so Superman could be shown as the more reasonable and pacifistic between the two.

You can really tell that Johns was at their mercy during that time. All of a sudden every costume looks like a shitty 90's evolution and comic history means utter shit. Meanwhile Johns entire career is working with comic history. Seriously, his Justice League shows that without a large canon to work off of his writing suffers. He needs the history to make his ideas flow. Besides, like he'd engineer a reboot and ideas that threw out very nearly every word he had ever written? Are you retarded?

Sup Forums didn't tell you that, just a couple of intelligent people who somehow ended up on Sup Forums.

Eh, she was shown as more of a realist. Superman is the idealist, Bruce the cynic, Diana mediates between them. When Superman went after Batman, she was the one who broke it up and got them to realize they're on the same side. New Frontier's sin with Diana was having a few too many of her early scenes be post battle parties.

Here we have yet another retard who thinks Amazons are actually culturally Greek.

Amazons aren't Greek people you absolute mongoloid. They're reborn spirits of women who were murdered by men throughout time.

Funny how you try and call people out for not knowing history or some shit when you didn't even do the most basic amount of research on the DC Amazons and chose to pull shit out of your ass based on a mistaken assumption.

>Seriously Lex was was killed his JL.

Lex fucking saved his JL run. His JL run was a mess that was trying to ape Josh Whedon's The Avengers with the JL cast instead, but with none of the charisma or wit. Everyone JL member were unpleasant and the group as a whole fought more each other than anything else. It was only after the introduction of Lex to the team that the characters started to resemble more themselves and act as proper heroes.

Depends on what they define 'women' as

One of her origins has her being imbued with the powers and Greek and Roman gods.

>Josh Whedon's The Avengers
>charisma
>wit

Lad...

Dude, the real Wonder Woman's as idealistic and optimistic as Superman, if not more. If anything is Superman who should be the more realistic between the two.

This battle-hardened Wonder Woman that is willing see the nitty-gritty of the world and make the tough choices the other heroes refuse is an aberration. One that usually pop whenever she's sharing a panel with Superman. The reason why obvious.

That's just a false claim parroted by people who haven't bothered to read comics.

The only people who tried to reinvent her from a personality perspective are Jodi Picoult and JMS. Every other solo run of hers is characterized consistently.

Maybe instead of just repeating mindlessly what you've heard other people say you should try to actually read the comics in question before forming an opinion.

I think they're talking about the character portrayal outside her books and specially in Elseworld-sorta stories.

It's all an attempt to make her appeal more to drooling idiots.

And yet when you try to make Superman or Batman more pragmatic or open to violence, everyone throws a tantrum.

I didn't say she should be gritty and make the tough choices. Just more of the realist in how she can see things. The attitude should still be wholly optimistic. It's a very fine line to walk, as your misreading of my intent illustrates, but I think it's there.

But none of those are people trying to reinvent her, they're just poorly characterizing her how they think she's supposed to be.

They're just like "Oh shit I never bothered to read any Wonder Woman comics, but I read that book Kingdom Come where she's a fascist douchebag, so I'll just make her a fascist douchebag"

Modern Wonder Woman seriously just sounds like Female Superman.

Hell no. You're only a woman if you're born with two X chromosomes.

Well, we're talking about New Frontier here, where Wonder Woman let enslaved women kill their captors while she sat and watched the carnage with glee, only to after feel the gal to defend herself when Superman questioned her actions by saying he should stop cowering behind men's laws and follow her example of dispensing justice the Old Testament style.

So i think that my description is apt.

In ancient greek culture is was the male genitalia that was the issue. They would either kill or castrate a dude to solve issues like a man seeing a feminine mystery.

Depending upon situations, version of Themyscira, and etc a Transgender person that originated as a male might be seen as either a dude that comes pre-castrated so no issues, an insult because a man is trying to pretend to be a woman by having his member removed, or as a woman.

The issue is that they didn't really have the technology to change gender so you were always either a man or a woman, even if you had your genitals altered by medicine or accidents.

I..... do not recall that exactly. Holy shit my man whoops.

My big memory of her in New Frontier is how she broke up the fight in Gotham and how she knew that they would all have to work together to fight the coming problems of the world.

I'm not saying lex was bad, i'm saying lex killed the book:

all the ideas that he had had to be put on hold, the book became: the trinity reacts to Lex: the sitcom.

>Everyone JL member were unpleasant and the group as a whole fought more each other than anything else

And that lasted until the second issue of darkseid war... Lex did stole the show, but that isnt always good. He over stayed his welcome on the book, it was a bad idea to make him a permanent member, you could had "hero" lex without giving him 2/3 of the pages in the book and half of the issues.

God all of them suck. Especially Azz's Ares. They need to stop making him an absolute villain or sick of war. Ares really loved his children, fucker had the gall to go after Poseidon's son when he raped his daughter. Make him antagonistic to Diana wanting to leave the island, make him pissed at Hippolyta for killing her sister. Maybe go into him becoming Mars.

Also Athens was full of waifufags.

Wonder Woman's supposed to be a more loving and tender Superman.

Remember, she was created during an era where Superman was daring cops to shoot at him and dangling people from rooftops with a crazed-eyed glee. So yeah, she was supposed to be a heck a lot nicer and sweet than him.

You read Justice League: The New Frontier Special, which was released as a complementary material with the release of the animated movie. The actual book had her being the bad cop to Superman's good cop.

Has there been any trans people before/currently on the island?
If not, why would you believe they'd be accepting of someone like that?
If they accept trans people in their island, would they accept men too? How about butches? Transmen?
If a transwoman got in by lying about her gender, what would the punishment be if she got found out?

>supposed to
No, it's just lazy projecting

No I read the whole thing. All six issues and the special in one sitting. I absolutely love it. I just didn't remember what you mentioned. It has been years. I kind of recall it now.

I do remember her thinking Superman shouldn't be so trusting of the government and to that sort of thing. That I liked. That's sort of what I'm referring to.

In her anthology series, a shapeshifter is allowed to stay when he becomes a woman.

>These businesses should throw out their cash cows for the sake of artistic integrity!

Do you whine about every compromise necessary to live in the real world, or just your entertainment media?

>I do remember her thinking Superman shouldn't be so trusting of the government and to that sort of thing. That I liked. That's sort of what I'm referring to.

It's kinda weird for Diana to say shit like that when she represents another country as their ruler and ambassador. It's like having Putin telling Superman to watch out against America's president.

Diana would probably try to let them but no way in hell Hippolyta would.

I don't think so. You can support your government while questioning it. Especially when it's your mom.