There are people on this board who think Cyborg isn't DCs most well known black character

>There are people on this board who think Cyborg isn't DCs most well known black character

Hahaha, please. The only ones that come close are John the Lantern and Static, who are only known to us 90s kids and such, these days kids have absolutely no idea who they are

I wonder if the general public remembers Steel.

At one point, John Stewart was popular.
Cyborg was never as popular as him.

>Cyborg was never as popular as him.
I mean two different generations of kids have watched Teen Titans

The Teen Titans cartoon had a bigger viewership than the JL/JLU cartoon. And Cyborg had a bigger role on his show.

And if you take into account TTG, Cyborg is definitely better know.

John Stewart should have been the MC of the GL movie. DC made a huge blunder there.

Cyborg's a household name at this point with the two Titans shows, right? If not, then certainly in a few months.

He's the second most, John is still more known. I still see people wonder why he's not in Justice League or why he wasn't in the GL movie.

But there is a big gap and Cyborg is seen as a joke character.

Also I don't know if DC owns Static completely.

Even most 90s kids don't remember Steel

most people I went to school with thought Stewart was the one and only green lantern

I know he's not technically a black character, but I'm pretty sure between JLU, Young Justice and Supergirl, neither John nor Cyborg are as well known as Martian Manhunter.

he no3 at best anyone that is gen x knows black vulcan
stewart is no 2

Thanks for talking some sense

It is an absolute fact that TT was a bigger hit than JLU, I really can't understand how people still think John Stewart is still more known.

People only knew John because they may have once seen an episode or a commercial for JLU and saw GL was black. After the GL movie and all the other media now having white GL, that's all out the window and only people who grew up specifically during that time JLU were airing are even aware there was a black GL.

Cyborg is without a doubt better known. TT and TTGO were huge hits and continue to sell merch to this day, JLU does not.

You'd think they'd capitalize on that and characterize him like they did in those cartoons. Original TT was about the only time he's been likable anyway, I doubt anyone would have complained much. Plus it would be nice to see a black guy in one of these movies who doesn't just play the sassy but inoffensive, white people safe negro.

super friends was on from the mid 70's to the mid 80's on a broadcast network there is no question more people have seen black vulcan than cyborg

Cyborg wasn't even popular on TT. He was just on the team.

Man Of Steel was a perfect Martian Manhunter script mistakenly applied to Superman.

Think about it.
>Alien survivor of a war crashes on Earth
>Struggles to maintain a secret identity with the folks giving him shelter
>Drifts aimlessly while saving people for a decade
>Discovers a crashed ship from his planet
>Suddenly, white martians invade
>Has to prevent them from destroying Earth like they did Mars
>Kills their leader
>Decides to be a hero openly

You just swap Jesus imagery for PTSD allusions.

Doesn't matter, he's known, that's reason enough to use him over other characters who were not only not popular, but have no name recognition among todays kids

Face it, there are people who are in their mid to late 20s who've never even seen Tim Burtons Batman, nobody other than hardcore fanboys know the other black characters and John is only known by people who have at this point grown up

More kids would remember the shitty GL movie and CGI cartoon than they would him

I'm sorry sir, you are mistaken.
Man of Steal was an unparalleled masterpiece by a visionary director who's genius cannot be comprehended by the drooling idiot masses that are today's moviegoers.

>John Stewart should have been the MC of the GL movie. DC made a huge blunder there.
he has less personality than Hal

One guy in high school once called me an idiot for thinking that Lex Luthor wasn't black.

Only tangentially related, but I always get a chuckle from that.

Still would've made a better J'onn movie than a Clark one.

Cyborg was the best Titan

John is the literal worst Lantern

You wee an idiot

How does it feel knowing we will never get a Martian Manhunter standalone movie?

you forgot about Tyroc though

When is Icon gonna get more love?

"A being from another planet, he has taken on the form of a black human" disqualified

What About Nig-...I mean...Black Lightning?

Only if you've never read anything involving him.

...Huh. That would've actually worked

He had a bunch of eps focused on him.

Yeah.

Why can't we have nice things?