All the critics are talking good about this movie...

all the critics are talking good about this movie, every fucking critics out there are saying this is the best SW after Ep. V.
I don't want believe to the Disney who buys high votes.
So are we old? Why can't i enjoy this one?
Is it over for me? I only want to go to cinema and to enjoy the movie, i'm not pretending to watch 2001 Odyssey, i'm watching a fucking movie for kids. So i know it can be stupidly written, or it has humor, but i honestly think ep. VIII is too much stupid, also for a 6 years old kid.
So, what is wrong whit me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tNoMQSvNAWE&ab_channel=TheDishonouredWolf
nationalreview.com/article/454666/last-jedi-shape-water-juvenile-political-fantasies
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The film subverted expectations so they all the though it was amazing.

No, they just received a paycheck from Disney and a ticket for the red carpet.

>No, they just received a paycheck from Disney and a ticket for the red carpet.
no they don't
(pic not realated)

you grown up

>Critic sees movie
>Better post review saying I liked it cause it's Star Wars
>Movie comes out
>People hate it
>Can't change review or I'll look like a fraud
>Cue countless articles about how TLJ TOOK HUGE RISKS and BOLD NEW DIRECTION and IT'S OKAY IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT

No Disney conspiracy, you're not too old, internet movie critics are just hacks. Occam's razor.

What I'm getting from all this is basically Luke doesn't pander to baddass stereotypes nerds have built up in their heads and is actually a very flawed, human character, hence critics raving about it and fans despising it.

Fans love cartoon characters, critics love human characters. Case in point all the schlock about hope in the OT. I thought Luke was supposed to be hopeless in OT. Hmm...

says it all :

youtube.com/watch?v=tNoMQSvNAWE&ab_channel=TheDishonouredWolf

I believe it’s a roundabout way of “paying” reviewers:
>raising your place in google rankings by getting clicks
>clicks bring you money
>earlier reviews will get more clicks because of an early start
>earliest reviews will come from the reviewers at the premieres and/or private screenings
>giving a Star Wars movie a bad review increases the chance of not being invited to the next big event both for Star Wars and any future Marvel/Disney movie

You mean the same critics who give top reviews to Marvel garbage?

>So are we old? Why can't i enjoy this one?
>Is it over for me? I only want to go to cinema and to enjoy the movie, i'm not pretending to watch 2001 Odyssey, i'm watching a fucking movie for kids. So i know it can be stupidly written, or it has humor, but i honestly think ep. VIII is too much stupid, also for a 6 years old kid.
>So, what is wrong whit me?
It's not just you. The film is legit worse.
Star Wars is hardly the peak of great cinema (though anh and esb are both genuinely great films), but tlj is just shit. Pic related

Add to that the rabid fanboys of a series like Star wars will be much more inclined to seek out positive reviews for the movie, so writing a bad review would be like throwing clicks out the window for them.

>usless
fucked it

the only Sup Forums approved critic is Armond White

what his thoughts on The Last Jedi?

They should just make the Old Republic with tarantino or some other fucker that doest care about disneys educating sjw crap

>Only devotees can care about the on-going story that pits Rebels against the First Order, a reboot of the 1977’s film’s fantasy that was an homage to the historical conflicts of American Westerns and Kurosawa’s samurai movies — only in juvenile, movie-brat terms. The issues of maintaining civilization and taming the hubristic impulses in individual characters and throughout the universe were trivialized into kid stuff. Juvenilia has become the series’ raison d’être, and touching on the audience’s childhood affection is The Last Jedi’s special weapon. “You’re just a child in a mask” one angsty character is taunted, and, here, that mask has been modeled after the Marvel franchise — as if the child has become father to the child.

Read more at: nationalreview.com/article/454666/last-jedi-shape-water-juvenile-political-fantasies

i can tell you, i didnt really ever like star wars, original three were okay to mediocre, of the prequel three the first was so bad I didnt even watch the other two years later, but I really like the new ones.

The old ones had nothing, an incredible dull slow paced story, boring fights except maybe the battle of hoth.
These new movies are not for star wars lore fans, these are for a larger audience, a generation grown up with anime.

>If you look past the superficial narrative and cultural continuity, The Last Jedi works like any other Millennial action film. Written and directed by indie Rian Johnson, who retires his neo-noir specialty for his own youthful fantasy of trying on George Lucas’ space boots, The Last Jedi is largely tongue-in-cheek. Johnson is incapable of taking the organic themes seriously. Sarcasm is the coinage of modern commerce, not Lucas’s corny family commitment and nationalism. So Johnson’s ironic dialogue occasionally deflates the meaning behind derring-do, while attempting to revive it. All the relationships are flip, except for Rey’s with Luke Skywalker, in her obligatory fealty as she attempts to revive his sense of mission. But as critic Gregory Solman pointed out, this isn’t reflected in Kylo Ren’s personal conflict; Kylo gets reduced to Good-versus-Evil pouting. (Hey, it was only patricide!) Instead of achieving grand operatic depth or the emotional intensity of Fritz Lang’s Die Niebelugend and John Boorman’s Excalibur, Johnson is just goofy enough to keep fans holding on, renewing their dedication to the series and leaving them, like Elvis movie fans, content with their own complaisance.

BASED

nationalreview.com/article/454666/last-jedi-shape-water-juvenile-political-fantasies

The Star Wars movies belong in the same category as Elvis Presley movies: They’re popular yet are all but unwatchable — except that the Presley pictures evince a human touch. The new, machine-tooled The Last Jedi is sufficiently busy (action scenes occurring every ten minutes) to make you grateful that it is, at least, agreeably paced, even if it isn’t really about anything. Only devotees can care about the on-going story that pits Rebels against the First Order, a reboot of the 1977’s film’s fantasy that was an homage to the historical conflicts of American Westerns and Kurosawa’s samurai movies — only in juvenile, movie-brat terms. The issues of maintaining civilization and taming the hubristic impulses in individual characters and throughout the universe were trivialized into kid stuff. Juvenilia has become the series’ raison d’être, and touching on the audience’s childhood affection is The Last Jedi’s special weapon. “You’re just a child in a mask” one angsty character is taunted, and, here, that mask has been modeled after the Marvel franchise — as if the child has become father to the child.

>Critics daring to say anything bad the golden goose of a company that owns 40% of movie industry

Luke didn't try to kill Kylo

It IS a good movie. It's just a piss-poor STAR WARS movie. Critics aren't judging it based on its treatment of 40 year old characters, nor it's contribution to a larger universe. Stand in their shoes, forget muh nostalgia and pretend you're paid to have an opinion about every single movie that comes out in theaters. What you end up with is a visually stunning, innovative movie full of good performances and tactful subversions of your expectations. How many of these critics do you think actually like star wars enough to go back and watch them once a year among all the other shit they have to watch? It's a decades old kids movie and from the critical perspective, radically inventing it is a chance to make it relevant again.

>lele just turn your brain off and eat shit xD

Did I say I liked it? I thought it was shit. This is why a critic might like it. This and sweet sweet money

It's one of the most well funded movies,even normies expect it to be great.Good is falling short.

If they talk against Disney they'll get blacklisted for the majority of big blockbusters.
How old yre you that you still give a shit about critics that review "professionaly".

i really want to cry.

I dont agree with armond all the time but i respect him as a critic. I respect that he can think for himself, not what the marketing, or corporations, or audience likes. I respect that he can actually do his job and be critical. I respect he isnt a shill for the movie studios.

Its even better that he is a negro because then the movie studio cant play the "ur just an ebil whit man" card

every one of these young critics are too scared to actually be critics and armond is cranky old black guy who doesnt give a fuck

i'm 28, but here in Europe i want to say the paper critics are really good, not even jocking (in fact the papers i read talk shit about this movie).