Fillmore!

How come no one talks about this show here? This show is a clever, excellent homage to police procedurals. It had interesting characters, actually tense moments, and good animation and action. I think it's one of the most unjustly overlooked cartoons out there

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3J_I3YSrOr4
youtube.com/watch?v=_Tl0Tp3NgRU
youtube.com/watch?v=K6enYL2Gby0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone know where I can find good quality streams of this show?

If you want a sort of adult-oriented version of this show, the Rian Johnson film Brick is a noir detective story set in and around a high school where the "detective" is a tough, inquisitive teen and the "chief" is the school principal.
It's played dead serious, which is actually pretty fun.

dude

but the whole point was that it wasn't adult oriented(specifically)

Watching this as a kid was great because I knew I was seeing some sort of parody, but I had no idea what specifically because I had never seen the originals. Like Randall Julian. Great character, but I had no idea who Hannibal Lecter was. I still got the feeling that it was referencing something though.

>it's a Silence of the Lambs episode
>it's a Lethal Weapon 2 episode
>It's a Donnie Brasco episode
>it's a Die Hard episode
>it's an In the Heat of the Night episode

I love this show.

when I was a kid I would have written it off automatically for being a Disney show

oh well

>deriving pleasure from references to something you don't understand

is there a more meme behavior than this? family guy is prob your favorite show

>not liking Randall Julian

Actually, I re-watched this series just a few years ago and while I got most of the references this time around, I found that the show just wasn't as......clever (for lack of a better word) as I remembered. I'm not saying it's bad, just that in my mind it's now always going to be downgraded from "one of the best cartoons ever" to "meh, pretty good".

Normally I'd just chalk this up the ol' "nostalgia/you remember things differently as a child" kinda deal, except that I was in my early 20s when it first aired on tv.

I missed most of the references the first time around because i lived an EXTREMELY sheltered childhood and was still catching up with popular culture at that point in my life.

I wish goth and alternative girls didn't disappear once you made it to your twenties. I feel like Jared Leto whenever I hit on women in fishnets.

>I wish goth and alternative girls didn't disappear once you made it to your twenties.

???

You're living in the wrong cities I guess?

>mfw city is full of goth girls
Too bad i'm into rich blonde bitchy daddy's girl types

I must be
I live in Austin. Trade?

I have so much nostalgia for this show, yet I feel like I didn't watch it enough as a kid.

>Austin

Yeah, tons of goth girls there. Also Boston MA, Little Rock AR, Madison WI, Raleigh NC...

...Yeah, I don't know if it's a fucking coincidence or not, but for some reason state capitals are full of goth chicks. It's weird.

youtu.be/3J_I3YSrOr4

>This show is a clever, excellent homage to police procedurals.
Parodies are a bit hard to talk about on their own merits without reducing them to being great at using source material. I don't recall Filmore ever having much character development

I'm a 27 year old man and I am STILL pissed that Ingrid and Fillmore never got together as a couple.

Fucking bullshit they're perfect for each other.

A lot of Filmore's development came from before the series started, and we're privy to a lot of his backstory and how he changed.

I don't think he needed much character development, in the way of changing his character over time. We already see that growth from him and how he interacts with other characters.

the scene that pic is from is so good
youtube.com/watch?v=_Tl0Tp3NgRU
this is how you shut a bitch down.

Fucking kek

It was too clever for it's own good.

I think if it came out now on a different network, it would have a bigger fanbase.

Filmore is basically a mature man in terms of character despite being thirteen years old, so it is fun seeing how matches up with all his opponents. Most of them are emotionally upset in some way, which always contrasts with Filmore and Ingrids cool demeanor. It's hilarious because they're children

I've said it before, but Filmore needs a sequel series about highschool debate students acting as lawyers. The potential is tremendous

It's a hell of a show, baby

Also Randall Julian was great

This please
I was going to say they should do a noir detective thing but as someone already mentioned, we have Brick (and Tracer Bullet)

It gets threads now and again but just not very active ones. It is a fun show though. Pretty unique and I have good memories of it. Should go back and watch a few episodes at some point

I'd watch it

I hated this show as a kid along with the weekenders but that was because i was in elementary when they were airing. Should i give it another shot? I am a sucker for exaggerated school stories (Kids Next Door, Kill La Kill etc)

>How come no one talks about this show here?

We do.

And in fact, most threads about it are exactly this.

Someone asks why this show isn't talked about, follows up with a bit of praise as a reason it should be talked about.

What usually follows in the thread is universal praise with no real discussion or disagreement.

And there you have the reason it isn't discussed. Because no one has anything to say about it other than "It was really good" followed by a recitation of it's merits.

Circle jerking about something everyone likes just isn't that much fun.

Bit rich coming from Reddit spacing himself

enjoy raising Tyronne's baby

Did it ever get any decent rips or are the old tvrips still the best available? Pretty much all Disney shows from that era now have hd webrips shame it seems Disney can't even be added to put it on iTunes.

Everything is a reference to something.

only one season, not much to talk about

it had an excellent premise tough

It's cool how, instead of getting a big-name popstar like Hillary duff to do the theme song, Disney chose a random song from an obscure filk band as the theme. Rather un-characteristic of Disney.

youtube.com/watch?v=K6enYL2Gby0

>Filmore needs a sequel series about highschool debate students acting as lawyers

I didn't know I wanted this

Man, Ingrid Third gave me megaboners. But aside from that, I loved that, at the time, I was old enough to get most of the references to movies and TV shows.

What other great Disney shows from that period were there? All I really remember was that, Recess and Pepper Ann.

definitely

Llyod in Space, Buzz Lightyear, pretty much all of Disney Afternoon was good, at least through my haze of nostalgia.

>is there a more meme behavior than this
Using meme as a fucking adjective.

Ingrid shares the voice actor for Ashi.

I recently got a tabletop RPG book called Bubblegumshoe (sleuths in highschool) and was going to rewatch this show at some point and lift episodes wholesale for plots.