Trash scripting

>Trash scripting
>Trash dialog
>Trash paneling and action
How is this the 2nd best selling comic right now?
Is it really that all Barry drones come from watching the TV show and don't know a good comic when they read one?

The Button

Flashfags are fucking retarded

this

thank god there's never going to be a movie to make things even worse

>Flashfags are retarded
No, they are just reading another book.

Yes, I have friends who only started reading comics through the show and think flash is goddamn fantastic, don't even give the best rebirth book a try... we all know it's Green LantenS

this legitimately should have /thread.

There's nothing more to be said.

>Trash paneling and action
Giandomenico, Googe and the rest do a nice job imo. There are some trash panels, but overall, quite nice. A huge step up from Booth (it isn't much, but they're doing a good job to follow Manapul)
>trash scripting and dialogue
yes, some of it is cringey, but there is a great boomer, the stand alone issues are superb and the rogue heist was legit fun. yes, godspeed was pretty predictable, the number of speedsters is infuriating but it's just hitting the notes of fun that has been missed imo

what I don't fucking get is that EVERY FLASH RUN cycles through the same 3-5 stories and it gets fucking old. there's no reinvention. it's either a rogues, an evil speedster, a grodd, or a b-list rogues story, and sometimes a brand new villain that never lasts past an arc

It's the power of synergy combined with an acceptable comic. It doesn't have loads of continuity baggage attached to it, so new readers are okay to jump in. It doesn't have some diversity push Literally Who? replacing the main character. It isn't the best book, I'll definitely agree on that, but it has good pacing and nothing about it is absolutely awful. It's quite decent as a Babby's First Superhero Book and it isn't actively shitting on canon or making people raise pitchforks over some controversy, so the only real complaint you can levy against it is that it's boring.

>Comic about a guy who goes fast
>Open book
>WORDS WORDS WORDS EXPOSITION

Fucking the flash, button pt2 sucked so much dick compared to the button pt1.

King does this 9 panel layout as homage to the watchmen

Williamson basically writes it just like a regular book with too much dialog boxes because he's a lazy writer.

>Not Aqua Man
Green Lanterns alright though

Not Deathstroke.

Hell, you could have said New Super-Man and that would have worked too.

I think its fine. I'll take it over Booth and Venditti's run.

its not the best book DC has Deathstroke

I bet they are Big Bang Theory fans and only knew Flash's symbol as a Sheldon shirt or some bollocks like that.

>not Batman Beyond

baka desu

I don't care about what you say because I do think that it's enjoyable.

I like that we got to see Barry's life outside of being flash and what makes such likeable person. I also think the story is good enough and I'm interested to see what coming next.

This. I am a huge flash fan but jesus christ the drop in quality was amazing.

those red eyes are fugly though

>yes, godspeed was pretty predictable
user, the Godspeed arc was the fucking Platonic Ideal of predictable!

>Giandomenico, Googe and the rest do a nice job imo
I agree. Much like Green Arrow where Percy continues to be a ham-fisted hack ( eeeevil bankers who literally skin the homeless alive? Jeebus H. Tapdancing Christ! ); but the art makes it worth putting up with.

>EVERY FLASH RUN cycles through the same 3-5 stories and it gets fucking old. there's no reinvention. it's either a rogues, an evil speedster, a grodd
Nostalgia fagging sells.

Still: it could be worse. Over at Marble ( The House of Recycled Ideas ) we've got an O-5 book ( with Ultimate Wolverine so we can have a Tyke, Tean, Jimmy Lurv Triangle! ); a Tean solo book ( they're ALREADY talking about Phoenix Force FFS! ); a Weapon-X book; and a "classic" book that opened up with a fucking Baseball game ... we're literally 1-2 issues in and already Sentinels, Hated And Feared, Concentration Camps.

JUST!

>kingFags defending Muh Nine Panel Grid!
There's really no hope for you lot.

It was appalling.

King: Hockey game parallels the fight with reverse flash, beautifully paneled. dialog makes sense, says all he needs to to keep the mystery and progress the story.

Williamson: A fucking splash page filled of dialog boxes that tells you what you need to know.

It was incredibly lazy and you can tell that King really tried hard, and Williamson didn't.

I am not only not a kingfag I don't even like Batman. I read the Button part 1 for no other reason than because Professor Zoom was in it. It was the best issue I read this month and the Button part 2 was the worst Issue I read this month.

>with Ultimate Wolverine
Retard.

>King does this 9 panel layout as homage to the watchmen
Lmao king has been doing the 9 panel layout in his entire run.

The drop of quality happened mostly because of the art because Jason's art makes everything looks better.

>The Button Part 3 will be written by the Flash writer instead of king

>Batman #21 was great
>fantastic paneling
>fantastic art and even scripting
>Batman #22 is going to be the same person who wrote Flash #21
Horrible choice.

Wait? They are letting Williamson write Batman 22?

Are they dumb? They should have just let King write both of them.

man, I like the tv show, but I hate the flash comics holy shit.

ITT: fags jealous that Flash sells better than their favorite, obscure title.

You got me. I have been reading The Flash for 20 years and the thing that makes me mad that it is popular and not that it is shit.

King has to write Batman's next arc and New Gods mini. Honestly I'd rather he focus on those things than this story.

It's got a lot of short adventurous story arcs, and yes TV exposure. It's very easy to get into and most new readers won't think it's trash because really, it's not. It's just mediocre.

yeah, but percy is writing Green arrow as an SJW and straight up admitted that the villains will not have any (read: none) subtlety. so i'm ok with that. plus there was sex island and the current arc (which seems pretty dope)
and wrt the flash, there was the issue where barry takes a day off, during the godspeed arc, which was really good, and the speedforce storm was a great idea in theory, since it brought back barry the mentor

That's got to be disappointing as hell for people who had the comics pulled for them at a comic store because they expected King's writing. What an absolutely huge step down.

Eh, I guess focusing on his own plots instead of the Johns plot should take priority, but the button story is really gonna suffer for it.

It's stupid. Rebirth could have been a way to wipe the slate clean so there wouldn't be too many speedsters. That is the biggest issue with the flash from Wally's run and after and yet for some stupid reason we are getting a new speedster introduced every arc.

Flash is the proof of how casualfags can ruin a perfectly fine franchise.

Williamson idolizes Waid and Johns. So he imitates the worst of both.

>>fantastic art and even scripting
larrydavid-shrugging-unconvinced.gif