TUMBLING DOWN

>THE LAST JEDI swiped $16.9M domestically (wednesday)
>for comparison TFA made $38M on its first wednesday (-55%)
>Rogue One made $14.9M on its first wednesday
>TLJ already hitting Rogue One levels after its first (front loaded) weekend
OH NO NO NO NO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=19&v=Mdm8rpv045U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>1.7b instead of 2b

oh noes

Hopefully this teaches Kennedy to make more movies like Rogue One.

lol no

Disney is now in the red after buying Lucasfilms/Fox. They still got a long way to go

>Buy fox because you figure your next star wars movie will be another box office hit
>it flops

more like 1.4B and the message is whats important

If China goes bad, it will be lucky to make 1 billion (not even making real profits)

If China goes well, we are looking at max 1,2 billion

Anyway, Solo and Episode IX are gonna bomb because of this one

>1.7b

The way things are going they should be delighted if it finishes anywhere near that high

>$1.7b

Try $1.5b at most

>this isn't going to go the way you think
Was he talking about Disney shareholders?

I honestly think it's going to flop in China, HARD. They made the Asian side character overweight, unnatractive, and paired her with a black male. That's like the unholy trinity for the Chinese.

at this rate it's looking at 1.2 billion

Dony Yen couldn't make chinese interested in Rogue One, but fat vietnamese interracial romance will?

It wont make $200m in China
TFA only made $125 and was largely negatively received
TLJ will probably do $75-100m at the very most

>Solo and Episode IX are gonna bomb because of this one

Yeah, and that's the most important thing. BvS still made okay $. Look at JL.

Disney fucked up big time.

And what hits them even more are toy sales. They sold just 760 million $ of SW toys in USA in 2016. Fucking Gundam does almost 700 million in a country with 1/3 of US population.

Rose actress isn't even Chinese.

It won't. It has porgs, it has scene of porg being eaten, and there are cute foxes which you can probably kill for their fur too. That's like holy trinity for the Chinese.

when is the chinese release?

If you mean camrip, days ago

How long until Rian announces he's quietly walking away from his trilogy?

They can pretend all they want that the Rotten Tomato score is just Russian Alt-Right Trolls but Box Office results don't lie.

You're mathematically illiterate. At this rate, the film won't even break 1 billion.

Schools' out tomorrow I'd expect a big bump this weekend

No legs just a flash in the pan hypefest. The word is out now.

Let's be honest, it was never going to top TFA. I doubt Disney ever will be able to do such a thing, so long as they keep shitting out a new SW film each year.

Are South Koreans /our guys/?

>make bad movie
>it flops
WHOA

China is Marvel territory now. China #1!

>1.7b

you fucking wish, mouse

I knew it. Actually i guessed 600mil overall but ill still pretend I was right. Lucky bastards stalled long enough on the super leia footage and shit.

I guess christmas holidays will "help" though, won't they?

Kys idiot

>only $3.4 million internationally

The continent of Disney...

Lel. No. Who the fuck goes to watch a shitty film on Christmas?

$1.7B is what I would've pegged it for on Sunday, $1.5B is starting to look more likely assuming the drops don't get even worse. Executives and shareholders aren't going to be so wishy-washy over falling hundreds of millions short of projections they took for granted, projections that were probably even above The Force Awakens's performance. Heads will roll, anxiety over Han Solo will be intense.

>Rian Johnson out of Star Wars project "I'm looking for some more personal projects"
I can already see the headline

They should cancel Solo now before the marketing campaign starts.

>58%
OHNONONONO

yeah xmas was on a friday in 2015 meaning a lot of people and students weren't working/in school.

besides are you really so desperate to shit on a movie that you're claiming making $573 million in 5 days instead of like $630 million is a bad thing?

the movie will be over a billion dollars this time next week probably.

are you retarded?

it made 20.3 million internationally.

>assuming the drops don't get even worse
This is a very bad assumption. TLJ is getting hammered way harder outside the US.
Face it, $1.5B is wishful thinking at this point.

Yep kids will rush to watch geriatric movie about dead actress flying in space, and another old guy milking alien. You know, when Movie with Raccoon 2 exists.

soon

If the average profit drop is 55%, then this movie will be luck if it even hit 1.0b, you retard.

They earning from tickets because people want to see with their own eyes how much they fucked, now just imagine TLJ BD sales

kids where i am are already out of school and have been this whole week

All the kids will rather go watch Jumanji

its not going to make shit over christmas time. It's last big chance is probably tomorrow.

>the movie will be over a billion dollars this time next week probably.
You're going to be in a world of hurt next Wednesday.

>Star Wars trilogy episode not earning $1b

That would be FATALITY

Why do you spergs care how much money a movie makes? Shouldn’t you be more concerned about the rising price of Hungry Man microwave dinners?

When you put it that way I now really understand more why George decided to do Prequels.

Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, all good leads. They just needed a good director, still don't get why George didn't hire fresher minds like Gore Verbinski to direct.

MAKE WAY for the RAUNCHIEST lil' litty jungle romp of the holiday season! Fans are LOVING IT! Who's /raunchy/ here?

>cinema theaters don't get at least 20-30% of the profit
dumbass.

I wish you were right but is not going to happen.
People will go on Xmas, many do.
I heard people say "is ugly and unconvincing, I really need a second view to decide if I liked it"
The association money --> more shitty movies goes above their head.

TUMBLRING DOWN

You're not a film producer? What the hell are you doing on here LMAO.

TFA did $38,022,183, which was a 2% growth over Tuesday.
TLJ dropped by to 16.9 from 20.2! That's a drop of almost 15%!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good but it's not enough..The Mouse must pay

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=19&v=Mdm8rpv045U

If this makes way under what they expected then maybe that will push them into making better movies

>Disney doesn't want maximized profits
(You) = moron.

Not even 1.5 now, lmao
Kiss your trilogy goodbye Rian

but how should we know? I mean even here a lots of anons said they would have to go because family time and holidays, and that there was nothing else.

Making considerably less than TFA was kind of a foregone conclusion. The novelty of there being a new Star Wars movie has worn off, now that there's one each year.

>projections they took for granted, projections that were probably even above The Force Awakens's performance
No, everyone knew this movie won't make as much as TFA. The circumstances are nowhere near as favorable. However, no one expected it to do Rouge One levels.
I hope some heads roll too.

Jumanji beating Star Wars on Christmas weekend would truly be a kino timeline

I dont know what sort of sick family sees movies on christmas but I hope you get set on fire.

yup, Solo is out in a few months and will probably not crack 1 billion

Libcucks BTFO

I'm unironically watching Jumanji with my crew for Christmas, aw yeah!

>yfw solo flops

Why do you roasties care how much money a movie makes? Shouldn’t you be more concerned about the rising price tampons?

Jumanji will definitely steal some people from it

To be fair Solo sounds like it will have more problems than just star wars fatigue.

Can you imagine the memes? This will break the board an usher in Dwayenposting

And to all the faggots who'll jump and say "it'll make its money back" the sequel to your 2 billion dollar film is about to perform almost half of what that predecessor did. That will not look good to Disney's investors and stock. Not to mention, the original cast was a huge selling point for this film and the last. People still came opening weekend for TLJ because they were promised a Luke that was going to be more involved. Now that essentially all the original cast is gone, Disney only has the new one to sell Episode 9 on.Good luck with that.

You have to factor everything in together
Less box office than expectations, less merch sales because half the fans hate the movie and general brand damage which will do Solo no favors

The entire franchise basically rests on the saga movies being loved and half the fans dislike or flat out hate this movie

Haha I know bro. They'll probably lose half a million dollars of profits. What's the big deal, it's just half a million dollars hahaha

Based Mark shitting on Disney's profit margins

>Frozen (2013) is going to outsell a Star Wars movie

Why? Rogue One sucked almost as bad. It was all over the place tonally and the characters lost their balls halfway in. Knockoff Han Solo became Knockoff Luke Skywalker and Knockoff Leia became Knockoff Disney Princess.

This is the beauty of it, the real damage will be IX's box office. The movie filled so many people with apathy that IX is really going to suffer. No OT cast for nostalgia, and TLJ was so boring that IX doesn't have anywhere interesting to go now

>kill all likable fan favorites
>left with trash characters
>rogue one already made 50% less than TFA
>make more prequels
DUDE

Based Lesby sisters.

you mean movies that sucked and made 50% less than the previous movie?

More than that, who will watch a depressing movie on xmas? Parents will take their kids to see jumanji

Yeah it had problems but if they want to stay inside the SW universe and not do shit guaranteed to stall out on trilogies full of shitty characters the basic model of errata expanded into a story is the best way to go.

>People still came opening weekend for TLJ because they were promised a Luke that was going to be more involved.
Obvious but yes, good point. There was that big hope and they trashed it. Now there's nothing anymore. OR, since they have no plan, they bring Luke back somehow. Otherwise it will have become the new complete franchise for sjws, and another sub-marvel capeshit.

Difference is R1 had some great action and fan pleasing moments without cringy comedy (I know, the Sheldonbot but it worked imo)
TLJ just had nothing, it felt so souless

Why Sup Forums is the only place in the world where pople say that the movie earnings are being a disaster?

What

we know the way of the eternal jew because 50% of us are jewish

It's not a disaster, it's underpinning. When you tell people who invest in your company that you will make 2b profit but end up making 1.3, people are a little pissed that gross fell by 700 million.
Yea, this doesn't affect the average person, but it has repercussions for Disney

Isn't just that a bunch of delusional retards are trying really hard to pretend to not know that every Star Wars sequel makes less money than the first one?

All the hobbit movies made about the same amount of money.

If this one makes only 60% of what TFA made then he execs should be concerned

Bro this movie is on track to make less than a Disney Princesses release from four years ago.

Most sequels make less, but not all. While it was clear this movie won't make as much, the point is no one expected TLJ do drop so much from TFA

will hollywood stop alienating their audience after this?

Definitely but it's still a star wars movie. The last one killed everybody at the end but I bet you families will went to see it on Christmas. I'd say this weekend plus Christmas Monday will be its last chance to really make a real profit. After that it'll probably squeeze out another hundred million at most but this doesn't seem to have the staying power TFA had, even if Disney forced every theater to show it unreasonably long

>implying hundreds of millions of forecast revenue not materializing is no big deal
what a retard you are

reminder the movies don't mean shit and what really matters is how many kylo rens and rey toys are sitting under tommys christmas tree this season.