Prequel villains

Why was prequel villains so unique and damn based ?
Even with the limited time that most of them
except sheev had..

Forgot to remove vader

I remember Grievous being on bottles of mountain dew.
Thought he looked cool so I asked my parents to get a bottle.
The trailers were hype. Red lettering.
III was a kino space opera

Maul is objectively the best. After Sheev, of course.

Is it ever explained wtf Grievance is?

Is he a robot? Is he an alien? Is he a robot alien hybrid? What's his deal?

Why isn't jarjar up there?

Als Django is better than boba

Read his wiki. He's had a hard life

Alien warlord, shot down by dooku but tricked into thinking the Jedi did it. Dooku repaired him with robot parts so he's a cyborg now hell bent on killing jedi.

He's a dude who was horribly injured and given robot bits to survive. Basically Darth Vader but with a lower budget, which is why he's coughing all the time.

all shit.
Dooku was the most promising but died too quickly.

Wasnt he coughing cus windu crushed his chest armor during the kidnapping of the chancellor on corussant?

Lucas was trying to take Vader apart and make different types of villains based on different aspects of him. One was very organized and put together as a machine, Grievous, the other was just filled with hatred vengeance and anger, maul, the third, Dooku, was confident and authoritative.

I think one of the biggest problems with the prequels (other than the main one, which was overuse of CGI and lack of using real sets and models) was a lack of an up front main villain through the whole arc of the plot and a main protagonist. Yes Sideous was there in the background BUT he was mostly unknown to everyone except at the end of the final movie so he didn't have any direct relation or interaction with the main protagonists till the end. It's hard to be invested in a series where the main characters seem to be just fighting misc people from nowhere that keep getting killed off, one by one.

These villians are all really cool and should have each been utilized in their own whole trilogy arc. Having them show up only to get defeated is exhausting.

Like...Imagine if Luke just destroyed Vader in ANH and then another guy showed up in Empire (Maul) who was soon destroyed in the next film and then another guy (Dooku) in ROTJ, also destroyed...It would have been less interesting. The OT was cool because it introducced characters and slowly built up to a confrontation between them.

Lizard desert alien people fucked up in a ship accident, put inside droid body.

This post was not written by a white person.

Dooku was the best for sure but they should have introduced him in E1 and not killed him off until the middle of E3
Maul looked cool but ultimately a non character

The Clone Wars really reinforced this too. We get significant screen time with all three characters[/spoilers].

Sadly, that isn't canon since the Genndy Clone Wars isn't canon anymore

The villains in the prequels all represent a part of Anakin/Vader

Maul: fear, anger
Dooku: fallen jedi
Grievous: cyborg, heavy breathing

None of these villains had any characterization in the movies themselves. They had exactly as much depth as Snoke. Exactly as much context and explanation.

Sheev gets a pass because he doesn’t need it, he’s way over the top and a joy to watch. He’s evil and loves it.

Maul does not get a pass for looking cool to the tune of Duel of the Fates. He’s a non-character, just meant for trailers.

Dooku actually had some great shit hinted about him, his honor and distrust in the Jedi ways. Unfortunately this goes nowhere. Carried by the actor. F.

Grievous is hilariously bad and a case study in out of context, unexplained villains we’re meant to take seriously, but is still somehow a joke who eats up the runtime.

I think I would have preferred Count Dooku if he was just a Jedi that switched sides to fight with / lead the confederacy rather than a Sith Lord. Would have been a great red herring if he was there from the start.

>create visually interesting villains
>give them no screentime and development
What the fuck were they thinking?

maul, dooku and grievous were all characters created to the three defining attributes of Vader.

>unique and based
>maul and Grievous
unique in looks. not based as all
>Darth Vader and Dooku
based af and cool too

Yeah . nu star wars villains are lame in look and character

They were thinking about how they'd get depth in the novels to come.

>find prequel villains thread
>no mention of the best one

Nute & Rune

Is it even possible to dislike Sheev? I don't think I've ever actually heard of a single person not liking him.

From a narrative perspective I would argue it's justified because the prequels are all tragedies. It's not supposed to be like Luke, a character who wants to be a hero and overcome his nemesis. It's about everything going shit for Anakin (and the Jedi) and watching as things just fall apart for him, no matter how many foes are cut down.

Wew, you sound retard

They were designed with the sole purpose of selling toys. So they looked great but I guess no one wanted to write them

>He believes the prequels had to much CGI meme

Add to the shit the others guys said he supposedly hates his cyborg body with a burning intensity

it's never explained in the movies for some reason

>warlord of a race of lizard warriors
>his race is being killed off by giant mantis people
>the jedi never come to his aid
>dooku thinks he's a very skilled warrior, so he plants a bomb on grievous's ship. The explosion destroys most of grievous's body
>Dooku saves him and tells him it's the jedi's fault
>Offers Grievous a new robotic body if he helps him kill the jedi
>Grievous accepts and becomes a jedi hunter, as well as dooku's apprentice (he can't use the force, but he's skilled with the lightsaber)
>After defeating Durge (a bounty hunter) and Asajj Ventress (a dark jedi, dooku's apprentice) at the same time in a free for all, he becomes the general of the CIS army
>The jedi are scared of him

I still can't unsee the fucking glue that sticks Maul's horns to his head. It's so cheap looking.