This is Gabby Rivera, writer of Marvel's America. Say something nice about her

This is Gabby Rivera, writer of Marvel's America. Say something nice about her.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kateleth/status/857260304270372864
twitter.com/kateleth/status/857260751471263746
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>her

She's a dike so she must know where to get good weed

Something nice about her.

...I got nothing.

America is an interesting character in theory, and I'm fine with Marvel's SJW experiments the past year or so (though, holy fuck, they went too far) but Rivera might be one of the most unironically, uninteresting BAD writers to be put on such a high-profile project.

She (I assume?) can't write dialogue, she can't pace a scene, she can't put two characters together and have them act like actual human beings, her work doesn't seem to have any sort of overarching plot in the works... and worst of all, her writing isn't even bad in a fun sort of way.

She has zero talent, and that's really fucking sad.

I loved her in toy story. Especially when she did that picasso impression

She has a genuine smile.

I thought this was a dude

That's a nice hat.

It takes a genuis to somehow trick your way into a writing position when you've actually got nothing. When all you can manage is "And then" writing. As in:
"She's at a university", "And then she timetravels" "And then Captain is there" "And then she punches Hitler" "And then Moon Girl is there" "And then cyborgs"

Not him but she basically uses other characters as vehicles to expound america's greatness, every issue is just other people telling us how great she is and how amazing and awesome and how everyone loves her.

>her

She's written fewer bad comics than Reginald Hudlin.

I cant find it, but there's a tweet from Kate Leth about fans swarming her at cons and gushing about how her book is so good and inspirational, then say "but I fell behind I only got volume 1" and she realizes all the fan touting her doesn't mean shit when they don't return to the shop.

I cannot wait for that from this untalented, michelin man lookin ass shmuck. Though doubtless, like her Chavez, the books failure and cancellation won't be her fault, Im so eager to see who she blames.

>Nice glasses tho dude

I like her glasses

I will if you pay me.

"DID YOU SAY HITLER" gets me every time

Que se vaya pal carajo el maricon

9/10 she's mentioned someone starts to storytime her book. That's gotta be some form of achievement

I loved her in Ant-Man, you couldn't even tell she's a chick, now THATS talent.

Well she LITERALLY inserted herself as a recurring main character who is also flawless like her hero, but just not superpowered.

Her???????

It's cool that she managed to get an easy way to get into mainstream comics, while many better writers struggle to get noticed in the indie scene.

Surely you mean Gabriel Rivera.

I'm not even a writer but I stopped doing that with my fantasies before I hit adulthood

And here she is with a Marvel ongoing that news outlets are calling a modern masterpiece.

Sucks, doesn't it?

You can't make me OP. In fact, I'm going to say something mean about her.

Her hat looks dumb at that angle

Media's going crazy left, Politics are going crazy right. When's the middle gonna snap?

No.

news outlets took a pretty hard right on it at #2

dude, you're a dude!

This is standard for all the newer modern Marvel females.

> Carol is The Best
> Kate is better than Clint
> Riri is so clever
> Moon Girl is the smartest
> America is the bestest

At least she wanted to write about a character with lesser exposure as opposed to just churning out another Wolverine or Avengers spinoff book.

It's Sonichu tier storytelling.

Literally , it's like a 7 year old's comic.

she probably would've leapt at the chance to write Wolverine or an Avengers spinoff

>Sup Forums's monkey paw wish to get Slott off of Spider-Man is finally granted
>Rivera writes it instead

Alright, just don't shoot me.

Her outfit reminds me of ned flanders, and it made me think of the simpsons.

People like this need to be sent to a gulag or something. I would take pleasure in her suffering.

Does it really count if it's one more shitty book on the market?

Why did that Supreme Court ruling make everyone go full retard?

I'd laugh if she went to a con and a bunch of hispanic women who hated her comic went up to her panel and called her out on all her shit.

Politics aren't going Crazy right, nobody expected Baldie Smallhands to win, not even Baldie Smallhands himself.
That is a historical fact.
Every generation there's a thing where they kick out the old politicians and replace them with the other party, so you would end up with a Republican President with a Democrat majority House of Representatives or a Democrat President with a Republican majority House of Representatives.
They always switched back and forth that way like clockwork. It's a whole thing about voters not liking either party in complete control that made it that way.
This is basic political science stuff.
But this last time there was a deliberate effort to undermine the electoral system of the U.S. by a foreign power and their treasonous co-conspirators within America.
FYI: This is also a confirmed historical fact.
So everything's gone to shit now.

Meanwhile, the cultural shifts within societies are more gradual and follow a continuous predictably Lefty-leaning pattern reflective of improving economic and security factors worldwide.
The most secure countries in the world with the highest average standard of living are always crazy liberal.
The most war-torn, crime-riddled, poverty-stricken nations around the world are usually authoritarian holes.

The middle snaps in the form of violent rebellion and revolution. There are multiple historical examples of these, always preceded by a ruling class so well-off that their dictates have no rationally perceived connection to or awareness of the suffering of the ruled, and invariably a state act of cruelty is so reprehensible it sparks a revolutionary level of violence.
That's the way it always goes.

she hasn't ruined Marvel as much as Waid

>But this last time there was a deliberate effort to undermine the electoral system of the U.S. by a foreign power and their treasonous co-conspirators within America.
>FYI: This is also a confirmed historical fact
For starters you're misusing the term historical, and secondly it actually isn't a fact, that's all purely based on hearsay and an idiot falling for a phishing scam (which happened to reveal to the public how horrible one of the candidates actually was).

But if there's actually any real proof i'd be more than happy to see it.

If it turns out Russia did actually interfere that'd be hilarious considered they ended up getting a standard-issue neocon Republican administration into power.

FUCK OFF ANTHONY

>not superpowered
and yet manages to defeat cyborgs with...dance-fighting..?
I'm 99% sure she's got tapes of Brevoort molesting children or something.

The X-men are next issue.Be prepared to have Storm praise her for no good reason.

>And then vs.
>But/therefore
Oh yeah, the South Park rule of what to avoid to make a good story.

Be thankful that you've got democracy. I'd take a brief period of people i disagree with in power over presidents for life.

We've seen worse suspension of disbelief.
The only difference between this nonsense and Deadpool's nonsense is the type of humor and type of targeted audience.

She's helped me save money on comics by making comics that I'd never buy.

Prepare to have Storm hit on her for no good reason.
Maybe Kitty too.

Or offer her a place on the X-men.

fuck her, fuck puerto ricans and mother fuck new york

Oh, God, can't they leave Storm alone? She's already appered in that god awful Black Pather and da Crew.

user, Storm is going to be america's new bff she already appeared in the first issue praising her despite never meeting her. Just pretend every character the shows up in america is a skrull doing it for the lulz and to make her so cocky she fucks up. It would explain why Prodigy suddenly forgot how to fight.

She makes me want to become a Marvel writer, so I can write a comic where America Chavez gets mind-broken.

At least in Black Panther and the Crew Storm will have some sort of personality. It might be some other Harlem black chick's personality, but it will be infinitely better than anything Rivera can shit out.

>she probably would've leapt at the chance to write Wolverine or an Avengers spinoff

I want to read a Gabby Rivera Punisher series after some user suggested it previously.

With her writing it would be legendary.

Her writing gives the impression of someone mentally ill. She's basically Henry Darger with a mainstream platform.

I honestly wonder if she realizes the randian stuff she says or if she just accidentally ended up there.

She wouldn't look out of place as an extra on Orange is The New Black.
That's kind of nice, I guess.

She's helping to kill Marvel and it's good in my book.

Still, he's extremely incompetent. Dubya, compared to this guy, was a motherfucking Julius Caesar. So it's a win for whomever wants America to fail, regardless.

She looks like somebody I wouldn't want to interact with under any circumstances ever.

Marvel will never die.

Latina user here, i would gladly do it.

>kate leth
>complaining about people not buying her books
pottery

Have you seen the hellcat edit? It's beautiful.

>Rivera writes him as a villain because he's a cishet white male

"You look like Archbishop Oscar Romero"

Outstanding.

Did she ever respond to the tweets?

>Latina user here, i would gladly do it.

Please do.
We need a new Queen of Sup Forums
You could lead us to glory.

What shit in specific?

Like not trying to bait I've just been avoiding this shit, what has she been saying and doing that'd piss off Latina ladies in specific?

Try doing it in spanish. She's nuovo-puerto-rican. As in doesn't actually speak spanish.

>I cant find it, but there's a tweet from Kate Leth about fans swarming her at cons and gushing about how her book is so good and inspirational, then say "but I fell behind I only got volume 1" and she realizes all the fan touting her doesn't mean shit when they don't return to the shop.

twitter.com/kateleth/status/857260304270372864

twitter.com/kateleth/status/857260751471263746

She also responded to someone that a lot of people were reading it on Marvel Unlimited instead of buying it.

Amelia Bedilia plz stay

>But this last time there was a deliberate effort to undermine the electoral system of the U.S. by a foreign power and their treasonous co-conspirators within America.
Honestly, even if that is the case it's about time the US got a taste of its own medicine. The US govt. has been doing exactly that same thing to Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Middle East for the best part of the last century.

I think she's cute (no, seriously) however her writing is horrendous and she should be ashamed of writing humans speaking the way they do. Especially the hispanic characters. Nobody talks like that.

If both Gabby and Hudlin were asked to write a comic, which one would be more hamfisted?

Also would the two of them fuck later?

Chile?

wrong pronoun. you fascist.

>this is considered brown in America

I just want her to be a bitch again. Like not even a character shaming thing, it's actually an interesting part of the character since she's so fucking out of place. Like taking a character from Star Trek TNG and slapping them in the modern day, everything must seem insanely backwards.

Hey man, just because you're Puerto Rican doesn't mean you should speak spanish. My mom was too busy to and my dad didn't fucking care about it so I never picked it up.

Do you feel like her portrayal of America comes off as stereotypical? Like it really comes off as what some racist asshole would think A Puerto Rican Lesbian would sound like.

Not her, but I'm a homo PR dude and it really just sounds like she's can't fucking write at all and the only way she can make America 'sound' latina is by slapping stupid ass spanish words in there.

It's like a writer picking up The Thing and making him say OY VEY or random jewish words.

You're right it goes from 1 to 20 in story and when it doesnt the normal pace is just boring. #1 you had her gf break up with her because of LDR? But she can teleport and the whole #1 was everyone in a circle jerk telling how Great America is. Then when she's finally at her Uni its full of rejects from Step up and then boom Moon girl and then she punched hitler which Id be okay with if they did something about it but no its basically just a analogy for the Nazi punching shit then shes back and now fighting RICH WHITE MALES and the big twist was that her fan club was the Antagonist.

Man, poor 616 Hitler. So many fucking people going back in time just to punch him in the face. It's got to be hell worrying about the next time someone is going to come out of a time portal just to punch him again.

Literally a third of the globe.

Sure. But when you're hired as a "Latina queer writer" to write a "Latina queer character" and you use google translate, it's not acceptable. Her America sounds more like Bart Simpson than a latino person.

I have this problem with some writers in comics. Bendis does this a lot where he makes Miles' grand mother sound like angry latina stereotype. She's always angry and she's always injecting random Spanish words in her speech. I don't get why Bendis does this and why nobody calls him out. If you want your viewers to think she's Spanish, make everything she says Spanish or none at all. Don't consciously make them sound Spanish.

You're either a lesbian or a guy who's into fat butch lesbians. If you're the latter, why?

Well, despite Huldin being a sopping wet pussy, Rivera's still a dyke. she tops him

>Implying there's anything more American than boasting about your heritage while being so far removed from it you don't actually know anything about it firsthand

Sounds like it fits perfectly with her character.

Hey Gabby. Do you happen to know when this comes out?

>a person of actual Hispanic descent is writing her

Wtf? America is like generic Hispanic. Her expressions are from all over it really seemed like some white dude who only ever overheard Hispanic people in the train was writting her.

Take Breaking Bad for example, all the Mexican characters either talk in all English or in all Spanish. No adding Spanish words into your sentences or any of that shit. When Gus Fring speaks Spanish, it's in full sentences. One of the only characters who actually peppers occasional Spanish into their English is Jesse, and he doesn't know shit about vernacular.

oh cool we're at talking shit about americans now.