"Superman vs. the KKK" movie in the works

>Lotus Entertainment and Paperchase Films are teaming with financier and executive producer Marco Vicini to produce Superman vs. the KKK, a film adaptation of Rick Bowers’ 2012 YA nonfiction book.

>Bowers’ book (full title: Superman Versus The Ku Klux Klan: The True Story of How the Iconic Superhero Battled the Men of Hate) chronicled the creation of a real-life 1946 radio drama in which Superman took on a thinly-veiled version of the actual Klan. The book will be adapted for the screen by Katherine Lindberg.

>The team describes the movie plot as chronicling a former Klan member who goes undercover in 1946 Atlanta and works with the Anti-Defamation League and the producer of the Superman radio show. “Fighting the forces of evil with brain over brawn, artists taking down bullies and the power of a good piece of content, it’s a real case of truth being cooler than fiction,” said producer Marc Rosen.

>deadline.com/2017/04/superman-vs-the-kkk-adaptation-lotus-paperchase-marco-vicini-1202079382/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=46mpBL5tkpE
youtube.com/watch?v=gopZ2X4FUiM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So it's a documentary, not actually Superman beating up the KKK.

can it be both?

>Fighting the forces of evil with brain over brawn
No, it can't.

Wouldn't that b pretty one sided unless the Klan have a Kryptonite noose handy.

Is this in the movie continuity or CW continuity?

The KKK still exist?

Sounds like it could be fun.

>chronicled the creation of a real-life 1946 radio drama

>Superman fucking destroys regular humans

It'd be cool if they recreated one of the radio episodes in live action or animation.

Yes, it's a documentary, but a very interesting one.
Basically, by exposing all the KKK's secrets, practices and silly names on a radio show listened by kids (including the kids of members), they became less of a serious group and more of a source of mockery in the eyes of the public. I mean, how can you take a group seriously when their leader calls himself "Grand Wizard"?

As a divided fraction of what they were in the 20s. The name still has a weird sort of power though, the fact that they supported Trump was taken as proof of how racist he's meant to be, rather than what it was which is 20 people in bed sheets saying they liked him.

don't they have wizards? Superman is weak to magic

W-wizards are cool, though.

kryptonite nooses, red sun fire crosses, and flying robot flying robot pointy hat guys.

or make them really pale vampires that feed on black guys and they use magic

I'm pretty interested in it.

I was just a bit disappointed in the shamelessness of this news site obviously clickbaiting by withholding information in the title of the article.

And it works, as seen by how many LMAO BUT DEY HUMAN??? posts this thread is already getting from people who didn't bother to even read one sentence.

I dunno man. Why would someone call themself Grand Dragon unless they're totally badass and worth listening to.

>including the kids of members
One member came home from work one day to find that his son had found his Klan hood and was wearing it in the yard, playing the bad guy to the neighbor kid’s Superman, and that’s when he realized he had to get out. How do you keep doing something once you realize your own kid thinks you’re a supervillain who needs to get punched out by the good guys?

Well that and back then people legitimately thought the Klan were good people because not a lot of people knew about the shit they were doing.

Because Big Dawg Jimmy McCluen does not inspire fear at all.

There are still apologists that insist that the KKK were good guys during reconstruction.

Would they need to get WB's permission to do something like this?

Not to make a documentary about real life events. They would be limited on how much they can use Supermans image and clips from the radio show without permission though

KKK are good guys though

The KKK did nothing wrong. Fuck that illegal alien

Grand Wizards. One was even a Senator.

It wouldn't be the first non-WB movie based on a Superman-related true story.

youtube.com/watch?v=46mpBL5tkpE

Eat your Pep. Don't waste it!

Ok cletus

From what I've listened to the radio show, it's actually really boring. Two kids on Jimmy Olsen's little league team are pissed at each other and one kid tells his Klansmen uncle about it. Since the other kid is Chinese, the Clan of the Fiery Cross try to run him and his family out of town.

It's really amazing that despite only having a few thousand members at best, being a COINTELPRO operation for half a century and basically being the domain now of white trash meth addicts and the FBI agents looking to entrap them that the KKK is still propped up as a spooky bogeyman that's just around the corner ready to hang all blacks with their evil Grand Wizardry.

That vastly overstates it. The KKK as a serious political force died 20 years earlier when D.C. Stephenson raped and killed that girl and combined with the Great Depression people just couldn't worry about all the Catholics and Europeans as the vast majority of Klan membership at the time wasn't tied to hating the nigs as it was to maintaining WASP culture against Italians and the Irish and the like and all of the papist heresy they brought with them as well as upholding WASP morals by condemning, some times violently, things like adultery.

By 1930 there were an estimated 30,000 KKK members, down from 6,000,000 (or gorillion if you prefer) in 1924. The KKK as an organization was completely broke and owed around $600,000 to the IRS. Again none of this is to defend the Klan as some misunderstood organization but that, again, it gets kept around as a ghost (ironically enough) because keeping the bogeyman around because certain groups, some with lots of influence (especially the SPLC), benefit from having the group constantly in the public consciousness long after it ceased to be any sort of political force.

I've always really liked this story, so this should be good.

Yeah but nowadays they're just a secret club where they just talk about how good it is to be white
They don't do lynchings anymore and on their website they say they don't hate black people and are instead a love group for white nationalism.
Jews on the other hand, they're open about disliking

>met a guy online who's a vocal KKK member.
>dumb as a bag of hammers.
>claims Trump is a member and that the KKK have members in all the highest offices and the race war will start soon.
>says they've got millions of members.

Superman will actually be fighting the KKKK, the Kryptonite-powered Ku Klux Klan

>That time when I was out at a bar with my white (ex)girlfriend
>Some autist who claimed to be in the KKK tried to chastise us for being an interracial couple
>KKK autist get chased out by a bunch of white bikers
>My ex and I got free drinks

Kek what a joke of an organization.

Has the klan of the firey cross showed up in a superman story ever again?

Batman had influences from the KKK (e.g. making yourself look scary because criminals / black people are a cowardly and superstitious lot) so you could argue Batman vs. Superman already covered that topic.

was the KKK ever even that powerful?

doesn't seem like it. I guess fighting Nazis gets old though.

Isn't it illegal for wizards to get into politics?

I listen to the radio broadcasts every now and then and I'm interested to see if this goes in depth as to how they collected the information they broadcasted.

Isn't it illegal to lynch people because of their skin color?

>topless Asuka cosplayer

WHO
IS
DIS
SEMEN
DEMON?

Technically no. It's illegal to lynch people independent of their skin color.

I tried to be mature but fucking this.

its not even cosplay at that point. you don't deserve sauce

Can we have a "Superman Vs. The Westboro Baptist Church" next?

>not an animated movie where Superman fights the KKK's own metahuman who has pyrokinesis called the Burning Cross

>Superman vs the KKK
What will they even do? they can't hurt him.
Unless its like early superman who beat up wife beating husbands and corrupt politicians, it seems pointless and anticlimatic.

No no no, this is hypercrisis
it's the IDEA of Superman vs the IRL KKK, an actual historical event.

>I mean, how can you take a group seriously when their leader calls himself "Grand Wizard"?

Do you want to get turned into a frog?

I'd love to see Wonder Woman vs. ISIS or something like that.

>Hypercrisis is decades old
Holy fucking shit.

Not sure about the metahuman, but I'd watch the hell out of Superman vs. the KKK animated movie. They could even put John Henry Irons in there, the DC: The New Frontier version after he was shafted in the animated adaptation of that.

Those ads are going to be stuck in my mind, forever.

>P-E-P! PEP!

Totally worth it, though.

Also, did people really pour sugar into their cereal in the goode olde days? I like to put berries and honey in mine, but legit sugar?

Oh like you even know-
You didn't even post it.

Wasn't there once a story where Young Clark Kent and his family had to deal with a KKK branch in Smallville that wanted to get rid of the black handyman on their farm?
And that black handyman turned out to be the Martian Manhunter?

I pour sugar into my cereal today

>documentary

Aw I was hoping for 40s strength Superman fighting the Klan.

As much as I hate racists this isn't Sup Forums related in anything but name.

As such, reporting the thread.

We don't need a "fuck racists" circle jerk on Sup Forums.

Shame that Griffith is labelled a racist because he simply wanted to make a good movie. IIRC he followed that movie up with one about the evils of hatred and prejudice but everyone remembers him as the guy who made the Klan film.

In the 1910s and early 1920s they were definitely a powerful force. Once the Depression hit and the biggest member got jailed for raping and killing a girl it very quickly got reduced to a shell of itself and while they might have lynched some people here or bombed some stuff there they weren't anywhere close to as powerful as they had been except maybe in small towns in Alabama and places like that.

You mean Real American, the racist robot given to a bunch of white supremacists in 1942 Detroit by the Monitor?

>We don't need a "fuck racists" circle jerk on Sup Forums.
Considering how many "I LOVE FUCKING NAZIS" circle jerks we've had on Sup Forums without you bitching, I think it's clear your opinion is invalid.

>Considering how many "I LOVE FUCKING NAZIS" circle jerks we've had on Sup Forums without you bitching, I think it's clear your opinion is invalid.
Not even the same guy, but when the hell did Sup Forums had "I LOVE FUCKING NAZIS" circle jerks?

no fuck you this is the hypercrisis

Maybe months ago when people were making all those threads about how they agree with Red Skull? Or maybe defending Secret Empire in general? I have no idea

>Liberals hijack comics to blast thier identity politics Horseshit that everyones fucking sick of
>suprised when people agree with Red Skull

>Or maybe defending Secret Empire in general?
I think that we can all agree that anyone who defends Marvel bullshit events is worse than Hitler AND Stalin combined.

This already exists
youtube.com/watch?v=gopZ2X4FUiM

I'll only watch it if they update it to modern times and he's fighting against scummy trump supporters wearing stupid red hats. And in the end, he gets to meet hillary, who tells him he's an inspiration to us all, with supes saying not as much as she was.

>Shame that Griffith is labelled a racist because he simply wanted to make a good movie.

I wouldn't feel too bad for him. Even though it's a blatant KKK propaganda piece, even most of the notoriously liberal professors at universities still recognize it as one of the greatest films ever made. It's pretty easy to separate the "KKK are evil" issue from the topic of how it's a great film.

Her name is Three-Dee Peedee.

To be fair, the writers had Red Skull saying things that were totally correct and agreeable. It'd be dishonest to pretend otherwise just because the mouthpiece they stuck those words in was a literal Nazi. If I drew a comic where Hitler gave the sermon on the mount, you wouldn't start calling people racist for still recognizing what he said as correct and agreeable, would you?

>Red Skull is a nazi.
End this meme. He specifically always said he didn't give a shit about Hitler and the party's ideals. He only joined to gain power.

t. triggered KKK member

He was a literal Nazi. That's what I wrote and it's still true. Your motivation for becoming a literal Nazi is irrelevant to you having become one if that was the case for you.

#Sup ForumsiswithHER

so true. i mean, who wouldnt trust a guy with a fleshless blood red skull for a face?

He's said multiple times HYDRA =/= Nazis.

>Be me
>Be 16
>Go on vacation to Florida
>Stay in a modest villa
>Go to the pool with family
>See a qt redhead about my age lying on her front, tanning
>My chair is beside hers
>Family goes away to Walmart
>I notice a swastika tattoo on the redhead's shoulder
>She turns around when a black man passes her
>I ask her about the tattoo and why she has it
>She told me her family are white supremacists
>We get talking a little more and the conversation moves to video games and movies
>She tells me her favorite game is GTA: SA but has to play it in secret because it has "nigger protagonist", she says, this also goes for several movies and TV shows
>She also says she's a fan of anime but he dad doesn't approve of that, obviously due to it being Japanese
>She does it anyway
>I asked her why she has the tattoo and she says it's "to fit in"

Why are racists so fucking weird?

Stop body shamming Mr. Schmidt, he is beautiful just the way he is.

Because racists tend to live in their own little sheltered communities.

Huh, kind of like the extreme left.

And I said multiple times "WAS." Red Skull was definitely a nazi during WWII. This isn't a debatable question.

>a guy with a fleshless blood red skull for a face?

Did you just assume Red Skull's gender?

Wrong, the left live in HUGE sheltered communities.

Racists usually consider themselves extreme left so yeah.

user. Careful. Remember we're in Sup Forums. You don't want to wake up the you-know-whos.

Yes? Anything "extreme" is retarded.

Just look at most 90s comics.

90s comics, for all the meme hate it gets, were and still are infinitely superior to modern day comics.

You shut your whore mouth.

Nah, you're just a nostalgiafag.

I mean, modern comics are pretty bad, especially Big Two comics. However, there are plenty of comics from other publishers that are good.

Johnny Joestar looks like THAT!

>She turns around when a black man passes her
>She tells me her favorite game is GTA: SA but has to play it in secret because it has "nigger protagonist

jesus, if her parents find out she burned the coal (she will eventually) they will fucking kill her.

That might've already happened, depending how old you are now.

I meant she turned on her back to hide the tattoo. She also said she isn't physically attracted to black people, but that might just be from hanging around a racist environment.

I should've worded that better. It's been like 2 or 3 years since I've seen her.

Yeah
Okay
Whatever
Who's the girl in the pic?

>She also said she isn't physically attracted to black people
That doesn't really mean anything m8, people like her rebel againsts her parents all the time, so she might just fuck a nigger just to piss them off. I mean, I really don't see any bright future for her. People like her end up badly in life

Yeah, that's why I forced my daughters to have sex with black men while I supervised from a nearby closet as soon as they reached the legal age of consent. Better to take the mystery out of it early on so they don't go out looking for it later in life.

I've been trying to figure that out for years user.

I mean we either masturbate on racists or we masturbate on cartoon children what's the harm in the former.