Is Cap a Canon Homophobe and anti Lgbt in the Comics and MCU?

Is Cap a Canon Homophobe and anti Lgbt in the Comics and MCU?

It actually makes sense if he is.

No, he's not.

Hail Hydra

Can you post pages

Pls

Cap represents the best of humanity. He's a man way ahead of his time.

So no, he's not a homophobe..

>anything but pro left agenda
>in marvel

HaahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Cap's a bad guy now, he's with Hydra, so it makes sense if they did write him as a bigot, or something, right?

I remember in the Ultimate comics he was very laissez faire about homosexuality. He said at one point pretty early on he didn't care what other people did with their lives, they should be free to do what they want.

Way back in the 80s or 70s there was a story where he talked with this guy who was an old friend who needed to reveal 'something' to him. That was pretty transparently that the guy was gay.

Later on he ends up getting brainwashed by this guy, I think it was the hate monger or something? Into despising himself and being evil, and Cap breaks him out of it by telling him that who he is is nothing to be ashamed off.

616 Cap is basically just an all round nice guy, Ultimate Cap is more likely to be a homophobe.

He was born in the 1920 some racist and homophobic attitude must have formed.

In the new continuity the true Hydra is only concered with saving humanity. Red Skull corrupted Hydra back in WWII with his Nazi Sup Forums shit when he took over.

Cap is trying to make Hydra great again.

That's very vague in the 80's gay implications are not hidden anymore

>Everyone should be a piece of shit like me, that's the only thing that makes sense.

Did you not read the post you replied to?

>Very vague

They had to be vague because if they were explicit then douchebags wouldn't had autism fits about it.

Wait, what?
I thought Hydra was a cult that worshipped and sustained (through human sacrifice as a means of body hopping/nourishment) a powerful, banished, Inhuman called Hive, before the Red Skull co-opted the order into a Nazi Science Division in the modern era.

But saving humanity? How?

He had a gay best friend in the 80s so no he's far from a homophobe

Nope. In fact, he was tolerant of LGBT people way longer than American society was, as a comic from the '80s revolved around his support of an elderly gay friend.

Out of context?

I should have put saving humanity in quotes. It's a case of the villain believing what they're doing is right.

Nope Zemo kidnapped his old gay buddy and tried to brainwash him,cap broke him out of it by convincing him of his self worth

Cap's a good boy.

No you stupid casual.

Captain America was a liberal arts major.

Of course he wouldn't be, especially these days.

Even if he should be

>should

It makes more sense if he should be

Only if you're one of the idiots that's doomed to repeat history for not learning it.

Is it just me or is this thread triggering Sup Forums?

Being willfully ignorant of canon does that.

Sup Forums is full of sjw trannies/ girls with purple hair dye that ship women with lesbian hair

So yeah

Back then during caps time
lgbt degeneracy was low and seen as shameful

Those were actually good history to repeat again.

We are all better off if that kind of guy would just kill himself

Nah, he knows they're not hurting anyone. He may not agree, but he knows it's not his place to tell people how to live their lives.

He's old school, but the better half of it.

T.Zemo

actually, in the 1920's they weren't as racist and homophobic, at least not in the way we think. NYC actually had a decently sized gay community for the time. Hell, the Army wasn't even segregated, that didn't happen until Wilson took office, and he and his Progressive friends went on a complete racist and homophobic campaign to reshape society into their image.

while that was mostly successful by the 40's, the lower classes are sometimes slower to adapt to the cultural norms that the higher classes put into place. It's entirely possible Steve didn't think it was a big deal, and it would a historically accurate attitude.

Cap has actually been a leftist for most of his existence. Turning him in to HydraCap is a sign of the writers not getting that cap was always on their side but they hate the nation he represents so much all they see is the flag he wears. Thus, past writers that wrote cap as a Leftist simply did not understand what a Leftist really is. A Leftist Cap would burn the flag and join Antifa. So, no one has ever gotten Cap right with their versions.

Hah. If anything, the little twinks probably remind Cap of himself back then. No way is he gonna let people bully them.

>starving artist in NYC
Even disregarding the way Marvel has written him for most of his existence, odds are he's always been democrat-leaning.

The pre-WWII era had a vibrant American counterculture, and chances are Steve was exposed to it.

Of course, he could have gone the other way too. I wonder if any writer ever lampshaded that he and Hitler originally had the same job.

>he and Hitler originally had the same job
I fucking never noticed that. You better put a copyright tag on that idea

Back then during Cap's time HE was a member of several hated classes so it stands to reason he'd be a little more accepting than most.

I dont even approve of faggots but please go back to your containment board.

You fags have your own containment board. It's time to start using it.

Left isn't necessarily antifa you faggot that's like saying every right person is fascist

No, he was written by a Jew.

So um, sauce?

This is exactly my view.

I feel like it's obvious to most but I've seen so few people express it that it's just worth the reply to acknowledge.

>actually watching Agents of Shit

If you think Nick Spencer hates Cap you're pretty retarded. He clearly loves Gru's run on the character.

What kind of asshole shaves everything but his pubic hair?

he is a canon 98 year old virgin and doesnt think about any sexual topics

that's only in the MCU

>he and Hitler originally had the same job.
Explain please

Where did anyone say "hate"?
Re-read the first user's post. This isn't about how any of the writers feel about anything in fiction, it's about how they feel about something in real life and how that colors their writing and reading of fiction.

If you believe a writer's politics hold no sway even after vocal ones like Slott made it abundantly clear through social media that whatever their love for a character, run or readership, they can and will put their views atop all of that, then I say good day to you, Mr.Pot.

Adolf and Steve were artist before they became a face of their nation.

Not that guy, but considering that the point of the run is to show that people who are brought up with different belief systems will believe those ideals to be correct I'm not sure how anyone is taking it as anti-American or whatever. If anything it's a criticism against parents raising children improperly than anything left vs right stuff.

of course not, he's a flaming homo

Huh neat. I guess that's more info for that eventual turn of the century book I'll write

Woah Helmut is jealous again.

Yep

Then he got cancer towards the end of Gruenwald's run.

Mind the shitty 90's Cap armor, he had it because he was dying or something.

Just because you're gay doesn't mean you're a Hydra agent

Then he died

He's the first member of the DK Crew?

From what I've heard he's always been very liberal in his ideology. He doesn't judge a person on anything more than their actions.

>leftist Cap would burn flags and join antifa

No. Cap was what would be considered a Classical Liberal, which is what the Left used to be. I will grant that most writers don't exactly know what that is, but it is pretty much the complete polar end of the spectrum from fascist and antifascist.

>Cap is not for lewd

well, you went there. my respects