Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

This was a pretty great Steven Universe movie, all things considered.

Pearl's death scene was particularly heart-wrenching.

the big difference is that Pearl in the movie is a likeable character that found redemption at the end.

in SU Pearl, she is still a piece of shit.

The movie was good, some jokes were dumb but it was a nice movie. I was surprised Stallone was in it.

Also Pearl didn't have "I want to fuck genocidal Rose" as its whole character.

yeah, that too. But there are similarities of StarLordbeing a weapon by his father like Steven is a weapon by his mother.

makes you think

just saw it
I'm surprised this is the only thread about the movie
anyway I gotta get some shit off my chest
thy the fuck didn't Groot have a moment simiral to the one in not sure if it was Vol2 of the comics or Annihilation, but Groot exploded from a twig to a giant tree that destroyed a citadel
I didn't really care about the "guy conquers world after world" meme, hated it in Avengers Vol 5 as well
the Ego/Peter fight reminded me of Thanos vs Peter+Nova

overall it was fun but also kinda disappointing
some of the effects were trash as well
7/10

HOLLY SHIT, IT TOOK ME THIS LONF TO REALIZE KRAGLIN IS ACTUALLY KIRK FROM GILMORE GIRLS

I was like, "I know this actor from somewhere" during the whole movie but couldn't put my finger on it.

Kirk is the best, by the way.

I actually consider it better than the first one.

>come on Sup Forums to discuss GotG 2
>not out in america, the country that made it, for another week

I liked that it wasn't a typical big bad guy is after the mcguffin plot, there's like three different antagonist forces throughout and it's more about the characters adventures than get le magic crystal for the 10th time

>>not out in america, the country that made it, for another week
It has been like that for many Marvel movies. I don't know why.

Same. Gunn improved on the biggest flaws of the original film (Gamora being garbage, terrible action scenes) and he doubled down on everything else. If you hated the first one then you won't enjoy this, but as a sequel it's bigger and better than the original in every way. And he still maintained that core of genuine heartfelt emotion in between all the dumb jokes, that same core which made the original film so popular and still marks it apart from the majority of Marvel movies. I ended up dragging my mother along with only a cursory explanation of the first film that left her more confused than when I began, and much to her surprise she loved and understood the sequel. And she hasn't enjoyed a superhero film since Raimi's first Spider-Man movie.

>(Gamora being garbage, terrible action scenes)
I know it's a small thing, but, for being Thanos's first assassin, Gamora jobbed way too hard in the first movie.

She's much better here. Not my favorite by any stretch but enough to overcome my own personal hang -ups with Zoe Saldana. Kills the monster at the very start and her fight with Nebula isn't some poorly edited embarrassment. Drax is way more durable too, he tanks like forty tree trunks at a hundred miles an hour and he isn't even fazed, they both feel more like actual superhumans rather than borderline peak human.

>thy the fuck didn't Groot have a moment simiral to the one in not sure if it was Vol2 of the comics or Annihilation, but Groot exploded from a twig to a giant tree that destroyed a citadel
Because although his main point is to be cutesy, at the very end the fact that he's a baby is plot-relevant as if it's the Guardians' collective child, it's Groot who takes Peter out of his melancholy state about Yondu's death by taking an earplug to listen to "Father and Son" and Peter cuddles him as he's been passed the role of the father

So who's your guys' choice to play Adam Warlock

that makes sense
the teen groot mid credit scene was hilarious

Domhnall Gleeson

Reverse-trap Elizabeth Debicki. Your dick knows it's the patrician choice.

Agreed, Gamora still doesn't quite work, but at least she's not the cardboard she was in the first movie. Still not intimidating, violent or inspiring particularly erotic thoughts, but better.
The fact that Drax, Gamora and Nebula all pull outright superhuman stunts is a nice touch too since the scenes where those happen are built to underline that. Not to mention that Ego has to resort to tentacle-strangle them or use quicksand instead of slapping them around like the others

I felt like there were a few too many dumb jokes, it seemed like a lot of scenes that should have been impactful or resonant were spoiled by a stupid joke breaking the moment.

That's been a huge problem with Marvel movies for a while now. At least with Gunn writing they're usually funny jokes. Usually.

It felt like it had ramped up a little here. I rewatched GotG in preparation so maybe I'm just comparing it to that, it felt like that had the same amount of jokes but in the right places.

So Ego isn't ACTUALLY Peter's father right? That was all a ruse right? RIGHT?

I'm mad Ving Rhames is playing some z-list ayy lmao in the MCU rather than Barracuda in the Punisher netflix show

He may have been his father user. But he sure as hell wasn't his daddy.

It's literally a comedy movie though.

So you guys think Yondu took Quill to the robot hooker planet when he turned fifteen or did he try to ease him into adulthood with something a little softer? Like a Shi'ar concubine after he remembered the kid talking about some hot bird lady Sorceress from He-Man that he had a crush on?

>the robot was voiced by miley cyrus

this movie had quite the cameos

Charlie-27 is pretty important to the GotG mythos.

It's gonna be amazing if we actually get to see some Guardians 3000 action.

What I want to know is did Thanos molest Nebula and Gamora.

He probably had someone do it. Just to break them mentally.

>only collects "daughters" and not "sons" and makes them call him their father/daddy

what do you think?

Gunn creamed his jeans over getting to direct Stallone in this one, you can bet we'll get the two Guardians teams having adventures together at some point. Hopefully with a Nathan Fillion Wonder Man in tow.

Still mad he dumped the super cute pink-skinned lady in the first movie the way he did by the way

and Michael Clarke Duncan is dead

guess it's up to Terry Crews

Autism.

>mantis says she's never met anyone else
>knows she has empathic abilities somehow

The reasons for her being there seemed really flimsy, but she was great anyway.

>Celestials are actually hinted at in the first movie and shown in their classic giant armor
>Ego is a Celestial too
Boooooooo

You now realize that the first sentence was a lie and she eased at least some of the those kids towards a painless death

>tfw no bug to fug and intensify your orgasm with her powers

C'mon! Pedro, spoil the shit out of it

she was so animu it hurted, buy was one of the best parts of the movie

What do you want to know?

>they didn't feel a thing

Did she feel it instead?

I want to fug Rocket.

Mantis look out

totally agree
that's dark
same

>Sup Forums collectively nuts when Mantis is cast and calls her super cute
>movie comes out, she's called ugly, disgusting and painful to look at throughout the whole movie
Pottery

He does collect sons though, wasn't Korath one? And Thane may turn up at some point.

I thought Korath was Ronan's lackey.

It worked really well, i burst out laughing when drax told her he is more of a chubby chaser

also did i saw Jeff golfblum in the credits dancing or did i mistake him for another character?

No that's him. Uncredited cameo.

>he is more of a chubby chaser
I took it as he likes buff women, which would make sense considering he's a warrior

I thought so, but the movie tie in comics had him be trained by Thanos.

I was thinking that he'd be in a after credits scene when he didn't show up i thought of a deleted scene cuz gunn didn'y want any connection to the mcu

Huh, weird.

>You look like Mary Poppins!
>Is he a badass?
Unexpected kek

How long do you think it'll take for a 'nutted but she still sucking' edit from the 700 jumps sequence?

I was surprised to see Ben Browder there. It was a blast from the past.

One of the things I could've done without honestly.
Did someone catch the names of the planets Rocket scrolls through before finding Ego to make the jump to? It's too fast but I think there might be something there

I wasn't much a fan of most of Drax's jokes and the delivery of them, but the anecdote about his wife was hilarious.

Yeah, this one was definitely sillier than the first.

>all the sovereign citizens are played by white people
>except the high priestess' direct servants

Will there be complaints?

I really liked Ayesha's look in the movie. Especially in the stinger where she let her hair down.

did anyone notice how in the beginning of the movies it said 1980 and then 34 years later
is this movie set in 2014 and just a few months after the first one?
I noticed there weren't any asian gold people, only white, black and brown ones

Anything special about the first planet they jumped through, with the guy fighting the other guy?

Watched on ass-cam, so couldn't tell what was going on (or read subtitles, if it said what planet it was)

Pretty much.

>sovereign citizens is the name of the pompous villains

AM I BEING DETAINED?

I guess it must be. They seemed like more of a team but not completely in sync with one another, as if they hadn't been tooling around together for all that long. I'd buy it's been less than a year.

usually I would give you shit for watching a cam but this is what Marvel gets for waiting weeks to release it in the US

They just referred to themselves as 'sovereign' regardless of if they were talking about one or all of them.

>tfw no gold high priestess gf to show the old way of reproducing for historical research purposes

It looked like the rocky grey planet from Thor 2, I thought they were Kronans but it whipped by so quick I didn't get a good look.

Furry.

The sets in this were great.

>tfw no green tsundere coworker to cockblock you from getting with the golden hottie

>I'm sorry for hitting on the priestess
>I don't care

is gamora a cuck?

>experience it in IMAX
>OBVIOUSLY

You guys probably ironically loved this garbage. Do you guys do everything your corporate overlords tell you to do? Is Sup Forums the normiest board on Sup Forums?

That's literally the reason why. As soon as I saw a headline saying "Just Who is Adam Warlock - A Primer", with an image of GotGv2, I said fuck it, I'm watching it now. Still gonna see it in a nice theater (wife can't see it opening night anyway, so now I can wait to see it with her)

>Sup Forums contrarian appears

Like clockwork

t. neet too socially anxious to go to the cinema and has to wait for torrents

the proper term is cuckquean

>quean

I've never understood the weird spelling of this.

I got a good look, it was two of the same species of alien in the first movie, the big brute in the prison that says "check out the new meat".

>you'll never cuckquean gamora with nebula just to make it worse

>tfw no psycho blue bitch GF with a detachable fleshlight hand attachment

That's pretty cool.

I dunno, but I hope Ayesha gets some more screentime in the sequel. And it would be fun to see Him and Her raising hell together.

>she'll never dominate you while using racial slurs against you since in the Kree caste system the blue skinned ones are superior to the pink skinned ones

>Sup Forums thread has people actually talking about the film and full spoilers
>Sup Forums thread is animu

never change

t. fat/tv/irgin who just wants to read plot details like a pleb

I wanted Nebula to take over the Ravagers crew and become a badass pirate queen.

Seeing Yondu's mates get thrown out the airlock was horrifying

I thought that's where it was going too.

she's T H I C C
cute!
>going on Sup Forums
same

These guys better be back in Infinity War or Vol 3.

No kidding though, Nebula gave me some mad feels in this one.

Not before Cosmo becomes a team member.

Was anyone else pleasantly surprised Michele Yeoh is still alive?

She's got a role in the new Star Trek show, if it ever actually happens, so I knew she was still kicking. Totally unexpected to see her in this though.

I didn't realise he was supposed to be Martinex until I read the credits.

Was the back story she gave comic canon?It was pretty heavy.