Just finished the first season, is this kino?

just finished the first season, is this kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1nYG8H-sfks
youtube.com/watch?v=iHrKoE1cdEo
youtube.com/watch?v=KN3GxVIzbAM
youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb0k9HgQxc
youtube.com/watch?v=TzNtjgCnb4g
youtube.com/watch?v=NzxpY7klH_4
youtube.com/watch?v=RxVZDxK02QE
youtube.com/watch?v=ABz2m0olmPg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Season 1 is kino.
Season 2 falls off in quality and becomes predictable TV show fodder.
Season 3 goes pants on head retarded.

S2 is the absolute peak of TV. fpwp

As you can already see, it all depends, some anons see season 2 as shit, while other, smarter anons see season 2 as near perfection.

Season 1 is kino.
Season 2 is kino.
Season 3 is kino.

Kiinooo me love kino leftovers

Its kino and a life changing experience

i never understood how so many people freaked out over season 2. i thought the first season was better.

Stop where you are. The series still works if you just pretend it ended with Season 1.

Season 3 is the season of kino you'll see in your life.

its boring

No, it is not, despite what all the retards here said just so they could be cool and different.

Season 1 is kino, Season 2 is ok. 3 just pulled a Lost.

You're one of the smart ones.

it's ok, depends on your standards I guess. Still better than most of the trash on tv

Yes.

The second season is very different, but still kino. You can see all of the problems are still there, no matter how hard Kevin tries to hide them. And then the third season arrives and it's literally kino episode after kino episode.

OH LOOK THIS REDDIT SPACING!

It is actually Gaia spacing. Only newfaggots have misappropriated the term.

"Same time next week?"

Season 1 is tedious at times but has some nice high points. "Two Boats and a Helicopter" and "The Garveys at Their Best are very good episodes.
Season 2 is pure kino and one of the best seasons of TV I've seen in a long time. "International Assassin" and "I Live Here Now" are my favourite in the series.
Season 3 is not as good as Season 2 in my opinion but it does hit highs that are on par or better than anything Season 2 had. It just feels a little less focused to me.

Overall this show is very very good and it basically does everything Lost did but better.

>Season 2 falls off in quality and becomes predictable

>International Assassin
>Best episode
Did you forget about how the episode is a blatant ripoff of the dream sequences from The Sopranos?
>Hotel representing afterlife/purgatory
>Gun in bathroom sequence from The Godfather
>Protagonist has a mistaken identity
Even the lead-up to International Assassin is basically the exact same as The Sopranos, where an elderly man is responsible for "killing" the protagonist in a shocking cliffhanger in the prior episode.

Best show of the decade.

>You will never watch it again with Sup Forums

Did you forget about True Detective?

International Assassin and the season 3 counterpart are both low-tier. Matt episodes are the best episodes by far.

>freaked out

The first season is all about dancing around with the stages of grief. The second season is about how kevin is jesus. The third season is about how kevin is jesus.

The entire show is total shit but the first season is the closest the show came to being worth a shit.

I mean, if you lay out the facts like that then yeah, it sounds similar, but they're totally different experiences to watch. I love both shows though.

Yes.
Literally any other opinion is plebness. Discussion can go about which is better, but all three are excellent at least.

Oh come on, tell me you didn't feel emotional when we fucked up with Nora

I usually hate religious characters, especially when the show is set on exploring their faith, but I really loved Matt.

Season 1: Patricians
Season 2: Plebs
Season 3: Contrarians

still a solid 8/10 tv show though

That's fair, I just don't like when people talk about how original International Assassin is when they've never even seen what influenced it.

The show quickly establishes that it's going to be all about forcing melodrama as hard as possible. The only thing that really changes is how hard it forces melodrama each season. It starts off laughable, peaks in hilarity just before international assassin, (magical sadnegro spraying the "antidote" on the floor and blowing his brains out is the funniest thing that happened on television in 2015) and then just fucking flatlines at the start of the third season and stays flat the rest of the run.

To say, the only emotion the show warrants is amusement, as the effort that's clearly exerted to force drama dundoes all effect the drama could have.

Honestly, the sopranos sync-up seems more accidental hackery than overt ripoff. To me it plays out more like video game narrative than anything else.

>I usually hate religious characters, especially when the show is set on exploring their faith,

Oh well, I really liked it. If it's not your cup of tea that's fine though. Any other shows you'd recommend that are better? I'm looking for something to watch

>tfw no kevin daddy
>tfw no jill
>tfw no aimee

Finish this series and then watch The Young Pope.

This show has so many loopholes, so many inconsistencies and such retarded acting that I watched and enjoyed it as a comedy up until season 2, then it got so bad that I couldn't even make fun of it.

It's a Matt, Matt, Matt World is the best episode in the whole show.

Pick a show, it'll likely be better in some respect.

>tfw no margaret qualley carrie coon lez out session

You're right but you seem to have got the season numbers backwards.

The 1st season is kino
The 2nd season is flawed, but has International Assasin, one of the best episodes ever on TV.
The 3rd season practically sucks it's own dick.

the entire show is top 5 material

I think it's too diluted to be up there, but if they come back with 3 seasons like the 1st one, sure.

Season 1 is kino. Episode 6 in particular is some of the best tv I've ever seen.

Season 2 and season 3 are like watching another show. It became plot driven but in the "let's make it vague and atmospheric so soyboys think it's artistic" way, and the characters went from being human beings to archetypes, and everything is symbolic but it doesn't really symbolize anything, so the cathartic moments doesn't hit you as hard anymore because everything feels artificial and overthought.

hooooooomeward bound
name a better moment in the show than this
you cant

Its shit

season 1 is fine. the rest is dumb as shit numale crap

>Episode 6 in particular is some of the best tv I've ever seen.
This. That scene when Nora finally gives up his facade and hug Wayne is so fucking devastating. The other seasons tried to replicate that kind of moment over and over but it just wasn't the same anymore. It didn't feel earned.

Evie getting tomahawk missiled

yeah, that scene is kino

>tfw you will never comfort a crying milf
youtube.com/watch?v=1nYG8H-sfks

Damn i wanna watch this show again.

the most powerful man in the world is one of my favorite episodes of TV ever

Who wants a hug?

>tfw my sister watched this
>she said she didn't like it because she was sick of the hotel scenes anyway
>she got no emotion out of it

My sister is a pleb.

Is she hot?

>milf
but she had no kids user

This.

probably the most kino media of the past 10 years

>blatant ripoff
Its an homage

>only 3 matt episodes
>best episodes of the series outside of international assassin and the season 2 finale

It's forced melodrama-kino. I cry ever tim.

thank sharemovies

>tfw they just threw away the best character in the show
fucking loved everything about Waynes character and they just killed him off like a bitch. wonder how the series would have went if he didn't die

So typical Lindelof?

Not really no, it was a hot steaming turd by the end.

Kys

Season 1 is kino.
Season 2 is much different but also kino.
I haven't watched S3 yet

Not a tomahawk. It was a Hellfire missile.

Coming into it I thought it would be good but would constantly be serious and depressing. They overdid it with the same sad music and same sad themes multiple times, but there was more than enough for it to be a great show. Each season has its own merits, but I liked season 2 the most because I thought the way the Murphys and Garveys played off of each other was the most interesting part of the show.

So, where did Kevin actually go when he died those times, was that actually heaven, is he some sort of new jesus ?

>They overdid it with the same sad music and same sad themes multiple times

Couldn't agree more, no matter how good it was.
Heck, I still give it a listen often.

>youtube.com/watch?v=iHrKoE1cdEo

so fucking good

for me, the best music wasn't even the original stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=KN3GxVIzbAM

pure kinography

WITH YOUR FEET IN THE AIR AND YOUR HEAD ON THE GROUND

*plays the piano version instead*

This. I love the show but this is undeniably true

It's based on a book. In the book Wayne is ousted as a pervert fraud.

Read the book if you really like season 1 and you're ever tempted to rewatch it. The book is just s1 and it's great.

>youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb0k9HgQxc

Thank you, universe for Max Richter

i know it's based on a book, but isn't the book stand alone? I mean I don't know if he dies in the book or not, but if he didn't it would be cool to see what they'd do to his character

>pervert
don't sully my boy Wayne

I think he goes to prison in the book. It turns out his healing was all a lie and he was just in it for the harem and sex slaves then he gets all these rape charges bought against him. I can't even remember what happens to wayne in the show lol.

Yeah, the book is standalone, and it finishes with Nora & Kevin finding the baby on the doorstep and deciding to stay together, so basically s1.

It's really good though. I read one other Tom Perotta Novel too a while ago, The Abstinance Teacher, which was really similar to The Leftovers, although without the fantasy elements. If you wanted more leftovers, any of his novels would probably satisfy that.

I liked a few episodes of season 1 and never bothered watching any more

He's coming here to do an 8 hour concert called 'sleep' that costs $170 lol

in the show he dies in a bathroom stall after being shot offscreen

youtube.com/watch?v=TzNtjgCnb4g

I mean, by season two it's confirmed that Wayne is just a fraud, but the air of mystery around him was solid, and I honestly feel like he could have been an Mr. Eko type character if he didn't die and wonder what would have happened in S2 since a second book doesn't exist. I'll check them out though, thanks for reminding me

youtube.com/watch?v=NzxpY7klH_4

We are lucky that we are getting a Watchmen HBO show as it should have been done in the first place. If it has even a smidge of what the leftovers had, it'll be amazing.

>capeshit
lol, just lol

I like to think he reinvented himself in finance

I love it all.

poor man's Lost. It's fucking hilarious how the characters are the carbon copy of LOST characters. Lindelof can't write new shit, he just reuses the stuff he did years ago

Lost will be remembered, while this will be forgotten. And that's a good thing

I wasn't sold for most of the first episode until this track played.

youtube.com/watch?v=RxVZDxK02QE

I like to picture it the other way round, Johnston going off the deep end and moving to America

The best show AOT. Pure fucking kino

>iwn watch it with Sup Forums in the first place
let me die

fpbp

Season 1 is best, Season 2 has a list of dropped plot threads and characters as long as the list of things S1 covers, and Season 3 is a failure of an ending that fails to answer a single question.

Its basically Lost. Starts great, ends like a joke while you realize the writers are making shit up as they go along with not a single thing planned ahead.

youtube.com/watch?v=ABz2m0olmPg

>baitboy can't actually provide a better show
typical

S1 > S3 > S2. All still worth watching. If you end up bitching about the supernatural stuff, you're a fucking idiot; they telegraph it super hard from the beginning.

One of the best shows of all time. But that being said, does watching a show as it is airing make it a "better" experience as a viewer?
I have watched The Sopranos, The Wire etc., all the "GOAT" shows, but I think watching a show while it is on air coming out one episode a week makes it a better experience than binging a show.