Scenes that brainlets could never understand

Here are the facts as we know them:
>the ship wasn't moving at lightspeed or in fact anywhere near that speed (we can see it moving across the screen still when it impacts, meaning it was going nowhere near the speed of light, at most 40-50 km/s)
>the ship that made the jump was massive (3500mx700mx450m) and at a comparable density to navy ships, weighed approximately 3.66x10^11 kg (an x-wing weighs 1x10^4 kg)
>the ship had 36.6 MILLION times more energy behind it than an x-wing moving at the same speed, it's basically comparing a regular bomb used in WWII to the tsar bomba
>the ship was larger than any ship in the prequel trilogy and larger than any ships in the original trilogy except the executor class and the two death stars
>there's never been a situation in star wars with a large empty ship that could be used for this purpose, until now
>normal star wars explosives are far more powerful and efficient (a star destroyer turbolaser is more powerful than a hydrogen bomb, for example) so using ships this way is not useful
>the only reason the jump disabled the entire fleet was because they were dumb enough to arrange their fleet that way (imperials would never have let that happen)
It's clear that the rebels are trying their hand at some new jihadi tactics that were heretoforth unknown to the galaxy, and it's all out of desperation. You can't say that this "couldn't happen" in the star wars universe unless you want to ignore real physics.

Stop complaining about this scene. TLJ was a dumpster fire but this scene was not one of the problems.

it should have been admiral ackbar in that ship

this is a galaxy far far away from jihadists and everything wrong with this world though. why is Disney trying to make Star Wars realistic?

>have an x wing drop out of hyperspace at .9999999999999999999c
>obliterate a solar system
Good job user, you've made a massive fool of yoyrself. Now fuck off.

they should just hyperspeed-ram things from now on

You would literally need all the energy in the universe for this tactic to work. If this stunt actually worked, it would destroy the entire universe.

>Have Ackbar do it
>Don't hyperspeed terrorist, just turn the ship, accelerate to maximum speed and tank the shots while the resistance escapes

Done.

Hyperdrives in general would consume the energy of hundreds of galaxies everytime you used them. Arguing star wars tech is dumb.

an x-wing moving that fast would weigh more than the cruiser did

That's precisely my point. Plotholes galore and op is a faggot.

>there's never been a situation in star wars with a large empty ship that could be used for this purpose, until now

Demonstrably wrong by virtue of the fact that the ship making the jump would never be able to do that kind of damage using its conventional weapons. It would be weaponized and used in every capital ship engagement we have seen thus far instead of turbolaser exchanges.

>a star destroyer turbolaser is more powerful than a hydrogen bomb, for example

That's based on fancalcs done by some crazy Asian guy with an empire fetish on old UBB forums. It doesn't withstand scrutiny whatsoever with what we see on screen in the movies, much less what we see in TCW/Rebels. Think about ground engagements or ships fighting in atmosphere or low orbit and go "Why wouldn't they just use a turbolaser and wipe out that entire army?"

>Hyperdrives in general would consume the energy of hundreds of galaxies everytime you used them. Arguing star wars tech is dumb.

anti-matter energy.

>Demonstrably wrong by virtue of the fact that the ship making the jump would never be able to do that kind of damage using its conventional weapons. It would be weaponized and used in every capital ship engagement we have seen thus far instead of turbolaser exchanges.
Incorrect for reasons I've already stated. Turbolasers are already ridiculously powerful and don't require expending a capital ship to use them

>It doesn't withstand scrutiny whatsoever with what we see on screen in the movies
right... because seeing planets getting blown up is definitely not an integral part of these movies...

>TCW/Rebels
*inhales*

>Think about ground engagements or ships fighting in atmosphere or low orbit and go "Why wouldn't they just use a turbolaser and wipe out that entire army?"
we can do that today with nukes
why don't we?

these ships use hyperspace
they never reach lightspeeds in normal space

You're using real world physics in the same universe where you could see the hosnian system be destroyed from across the galaxy

Reminder to all the shitpots that we've had suitcases for hundreds of years and wheels for millenia and only in the 80s did we realize we could combine the two.

The Holdo Maneuver is a perfectly reasonable tactical innovation.

>>there's never been a situation in star wars with a large empty ship that could be used for this purpose, until now
Except RotJ when they find out they're boxed in by a few Star Destroyers. 3 Y-wings with hyperspeed (or maybe one, because fucking why not?) could take them out and cut a path for the rebellion to safely escape.

Also
>brainlets
Brainlet would be the retard that made a plot
>We can't make the jump to hyperspace, it's a costly exercise that would consume the last of our fuel
>Oh, now that we're out of fuel, Imma JUMP TO FUCKING HYPERSPACE
>DUHHHHHRRRRRRRR

>>there's never been a situation in star wars with a large empty ship that could be used for this purpose, until now
Blatant lies.

Question: What value do droids have? Very little, especially when mass produced.

So, right now, justify why the Confederacy of Independent Systems (those were the Droid army controllers in the prequels, since I'm assuming you're too fucking stupid to know that) didn't hyperspace jihad their ships into the Republic fleet, especially during the ending days of the war when they were losing?

Their ships were full of druids.

I'll wait for your justification. But not for long, considering I already know you can't give one.

>boxed in
lolwut
they weren't even close to being surrounded
they could have just jumped away at any time

the battle of endor is fucking retarded anyways with all of the mysteriously multiplying and appearing rebel ships

there literally isn't any battle in these movies that makes logical sense

because they don't get that it isn't even space opera (the prequels were), the OT is a space fairy tale

.99 c isn't lightspeed either user :^)

Or are you saying there's a special rule for ftl travel where you have to give your ship half a million gs of acceleration? Because that doesn't make sense either.

>So, right now, justify why the Confederacy of Independent Systems (those were the Droid army controllers in the prequels, since I'm assuming you're too fucking stupid to know that) didn't hyperspace jihad their ships into the Republic fleet, especially during the ending days of the war when they were losing?
EU garbage but I digress
they were outnumbered and evidently surrendered so they wouldn't lose all of their ships and commerce capability in the takeover

and like I said, the empire wouldn't have been stupid enough to cluster their ships like the nu order did

People were crashing cars as soon as they were invented you troglodyte

>they weren't even close to being surrounded
>they could have just jumped away at any time
>"Hold here."
>"We're not going to fire?"
>"I have my orders from the Emperor himself. He has something special planned. We need only to keep them from escaping."
Do you have ANY idea how stupid you sound?

I'm saying other user was retarded for assuming they "couldn't escape"

Can you read?

>>normal star wars explosives are far more powerful and efficient (a star destroyer turbolaser is more powerful than a hydrogen bomb, for example) so using ships this way is not useful

How can you make that argument when you are talking about a scene in which we see dozens of starships completely obliterated in a matter of a few seconds? How would you describe it anything BUT efficient? This is total, rapid destruction which we haven't seen in any other Star Wars movie. Not even the second Death Star was capable of killing the rebel fleet in time to stop them.

The supremacy was 30 miles wide

Nobody thought about ramming airliners into skyscrapers until they did :^)

>boxed in
>lolwut

>This is total, rapid destruction which we haven't seen in any other Star Wars movie. Not even the second Death Star was capable of killing the rebel fleet in time to stop them.
The death star couldn't kill the rebel fleet because they kept appearing out of thin air with no explanation whatsoever

jet fuel can't melt steel beams

As I thought. You're pathetic.
>and like I said, the empire wouldn't have been stupid enough to cluster their ships like the nu order did
Kind of like how the Empire didn't nearly ram three Star Destroyers into each other during the Falcon's escape from Hoth? Or how they are right next to each other at the Battle of Endor?

Just stop talking and embarrassing yourself, lmao

The real question is why so they keep building bigger ships when history has shown it's never going to work out?

All you're doing is proving how retarded the rest of the Star Wars universe is

Ironically, the "Holdo maneuver" is looking less and less retarded by the second.
>someone who watches kids shows like the clone wars unironically calling others "pathetic"

You know, if someone slaps you on the back while you're pretending to be retarded, you actually become retarded?

This scene isn't just retarded because it contradicts the entire rest of the franchise - which it certainly does - and because it breaks the physics of SW space battles forever

No, this scene is ESPECIALLY retarded because even setting aside the rest of the franchise, no one in this movie acts with the consideration that it's a possibility until the moment before it happens

Reminder that the FO engaged in a moronic low-speed chase with the Resistance rather than just simply cutting them off

Reminder that they needlessly stayed in a formation that left themselves open to this retarded asspull, which would be the only viable move left for the Resistance ships if you make the universe-breaking assumption that it's a viable possibility

Reminder that Admiral Tumblr herself wasn't even going to do so until the FO noticed the escape pods. She was going to just let herself be blown up and go down with the ship (for no reason)

Reminder that there was zero reason for Admiral Tumblr to have to be on the ship in either scenario - kamikaze or red herring

Reminder that there were several other ships that felt complacent to let themselves slowly get blown up rather than try the same tact

This awful, breathtakingly stupid scene isn't just heinously moronic because it permanently ruins the lore of the franchise and expressly contradicts every other piece of Star Wars media. No, this joke of a scene is horrible because IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE IN THE CONTEXT OF THE MOVE IT'S IN

You're an absolute brainlet if you're still damage controlling this turd at this point

Are you seriously trying to say that people weren't carrying stuff around on wheels right after the wheel was invented?

This has to be one of dumbest posts I've seen this year, I was just lurking but here you are forcing me to reply to this brainlet point jesus christ

Let’s not let the movie off the hook for the rest of the trash we see though. Nearly every single plot development in this movie is retarded

> the retarded contrived opening where lightspeed tracking magically manifests in the 2 days between TFA and TLJ
> Finn and Rose’s retarded adventure
> Retarded Luke as a pouty manchild explained by a retarded ugly flashback we see three times that is the most contrived impetus imaginable. Literally a split-second misunderstanding turns into a 10 year old boy knocking out Luke and murdering his pupils
> the retarded unnecessary drama between Admiral Tumblr and Poe bc she wouldn’t say she had a plan
> the retarded Kylo killing Snoke somehow catching him by surprise as Snoke contemporaneously read his mind without sensing deception
> the retarded ending where they need a battering ram to knock down the front door and everybody gets a way by leaving out the back
> the retarded Luke death by Force Skype

It was genuinely all retarded and it’s fascinating to see outright brainlets still defending the legitimacy of critics and damage controlling this retarded flick

Literally the very first war fought with jets involved mass kamikazes of flying those jets into civillian targets

And that's WITHOUT the insultingly retarded 1 trillion megaton super fleet destroying fallout garbage we see here, it's just a plane being used as a bomb

You'd have to be kinda retarded to think this is at all defensible or that it wasn't a lazy asspull by someone contemptuous of anyone who would think about it for even one single second

That's nice, but it's still physically possible without breaking the (nonexistent) universe lore.

Guess Star Trek is dumb too and any other sci-fi with faster than light travel

>the retarded contrived opening where lightspeed tracking magically manifests in the 2 days between TFA and TLJ
What is A New Hope?

Why not just construct giant, ship-size, hyperspace missiles, then? Why didn't the Confederacy develop them? I mean, this is the way real warfare is developing, with x-times supersonic cruise missiles being implemented to destroy naval vessels, sure. But SW isn't supposed to be realistic.

Hyperspace anything should not be able to interact with regular space. There's not even any explanation given. They just throw it in there so Holdo can actually look like a heroine for once.

No it isn’t. It’s literally contradicted by the previous fucking movie, Rogue One, when a warping ship crashes into Vader’s and splats like a bug

But again: EVEN IGNORING EVERY OTHER SW MOVIE/GAME/BOOK/SHOW it makes ZERO sense within its own movie because every other action taken in the subplot is inconsistent with the notion that it’s possible

It’s retarded and an asspull that could only ever seem plausible to the retarded. Says a lot about you desu

>when a warping ship crashes into Vader’s and splats like a bug
watch it again
it was still moving at normal speed

the point remains why build deathstars when this is all thats needed.
Are you telling me in a galaxy far far away. A civilization thats had light speed for thousands of year only now discovers how to kamikaze people?
It doesn't matter how big the ship is. You can build several multitudes of tiny ones and use em as missles just put droids in em if you don't wanna use human life.
Why didn't the confederacy just do that? You see where im going with this it opens a whole can of worms and questions and makes everyone look stupid.
Now whenever a battle seems lost hey why don't we just kamikaze with our command ship?

that wouldn't destroy a planet even if snoke's ship did it

>a ship around 1000 times the volume of the asteroid that killed the dinosaur, traveling at, let's be lenient here, 10 times it's speed
It'll glass the surface at the very least

no u

If only they'd used light speed ramming while they were in the middle of jumping to light speed in Rogue One they would have killed Vader right then and there.
What a shame.

>new jihadi tactics that were heretoforth unknown to the galaxy

Your magnificient argument fails here. The First Order knew what she was doing by their reaction before the impact.

It wasn't a "they are attacking, raise the shields!" reaction. It was a "OH FUCK, BLOW THAT SHIP OUT BEFORE WE INSTANTLY LOSE!!!"

>me no like movie

Why would any of them have moved out of the way of the Star Destroyer if punching light speed would have killed the immediate threat and saved the rest of the fleet?

They might have thought it was just regular ramming and the lights peed charge up was a fake out.

>me from read it
>me only like words if black not-man say them

>me upset

>me project
>me no like a non

(You)

Jesus Christ lads

>me use memes
>that mean me gooder than you

Whether it's possible or not...

It's such a huge can of worms. Never mind the films that came before, there's supposed to be a whole new series after this.

Why would you suck the life out of space battles in a sci-fi series they're banking on to make a huge return on a four billion initial investment?

They're going to pull more out of the ass and say someone's invented a defense against it in the next movie.

>it's hard to build something really big out of hard material without all the expensive equipment inside

it wouldn't be expensive either.

Normies don't give a shit about science in science fiction, dude.

You make points I agree with, but this scene was still stupid, and forced. StarWars never explains how shit works, and it needs to stop relying on physics and shit.

I don't consider Star Wars to be sci-fi. It's more like fantasy, since it has characters with literal magical powers. But a fantasy setting still has to be internally consistent, and one of the most firm rules of the universe was that you couldn't use FTL as a weapon. Going through hyperspace means actually travelling through an alternate dimension. You can't hit anything during the jump because you're not actually in the solid world during the jump. Otherwise, everybody would be using hyperspace missiles, no reason to both with lasers and such.

In Normieville, SW is science fiction. There's no difference between hard sci-fi or anything like that.

2/7 odds that they're just never going to mention this ever again in any later films.

1/10 odds they just say 'we have a defense against that now'

300/1 odds there's so much holdo-ing going on that it's a galactic wide apocalypse and Star Wars never goes into space again

1000/1 odds the next film addresses this in a way that satisfies people who care

the mouse always wins in the end

>a ship around 1000 times the volume of the asteroid that killed the dinosaur
>1000 times the volume
"No."

>the retarded contrived opening where lightspeed tracking magically manifests in the 2 days between TFA and TLJ
Wrong. It existed even in episode IV since the millennium falcon was tracked to the rebel base.

Did you even watch star wars?

The Imps had a tacking device put on the Falcon, they mention it in the film.

So it is perfectly reasonable to assume that they may of had a spy in the rebel fleet that did the same thing.

Who do you think you're fooling, shill? You could dump turbolasers into that supership all day and lose every single exchange, or you can warp a ship a tiny fraction of its size into it and instantly destroy it.

> seeing planets getting blown up

And it takes a superweapon to do it. The Death Star is pointless if any ship can destroy a planet, which is exactly what a few broadsides of Hiroshima level bombs would do.

>why don't we?

Because we only have on planet you moron.

>me still responding

>me respond half an hour later
>you still respond, so I smart

Obviously. Hard sci-fi weeds out the brainlets like anyone that believes in FTL.

This was one of the more visually striking scenes in the movie.

>me not look thread
>but when me respond when not now, me smart

faggot

>stop responding! let me win!
not him but you're pathetic.

>YUZ JUST DON UNDERSTN CUZ YA LIK BREN SMAOL BIT SCEN WAS CUL CUS WOS BLOWY BOOM!

I cant believe you typed something this stupid.
>theyll just ram us slowly when they could ram us at a far greater speed and do more damage