GOD

GOD

so did Dr. M create the DCU?

i just read watchmen and consequently just bought a few floppies to get into concurrent comics, specifically the button story

hard to say, they seem to suggest that this all started right before/during flashpoint

so either he made the DCU in all its former glory, and then decided to make it worse around that time

or it was always there and he found it and started fucking with it around that time

Its actually Adam Allen and the button is from his old murdered ally, the Humorist

>Couldn't stop the nuclear apocalypse. Can do this.

Dumb. Should of stayed in his own book.

Maybe hes gotten more powerful

It's not that he couldn't, it's just that he didn't care enough to.

i thought he could but just didnt care?

Wasn't it tachyon interference or some shit, I thought he realised humanity was worth it after he came back from Mars?

Is the empty hand more powerful than Manhattan? So what is the point of this? Plus Manhattan can't do shit against the Superman robot.

>Couldn't

He did not care. That was the point.

Manhattan's story ends with him drifting back to space to design a new universe as an experiment.

>Wasn't it tachyon interference or some shit, I thought he realised humanity was worth it after he came back from Mars?
Tachyons were a thing Ozymandias tried to use to slow down Manhattan at his place. It worked for, like, a minute or so.

He decided there was worth in humanity after hearing of Silk Spectre's parents' story and claiming that it was a "thermodynamic miracle", making him interested in the life on Earth again.

*blocks your universe*

Grab his penis and furiously wank him.

Poor little blue guy

It's explicitly mentioned that Jon wouldn't be able to stop all the missiles, if the Soviets used their entire arsenal.

Empty Hand is just amusing himself. Seeing from beyond Bleed and the Multiverse,once he decides to attack (if he ever decides such a thing, he might find the whole ordeal to be really fun) very few people could stand against him... maybe the Superman Thought Robot and only if Empty Hand decides to become part of the narrative, which I highly doubt.

But he accomplishes feats that are more impressive than that, it makes no sense. Maybe he's lying.

In his little blue world

His best feat in the comic was some matter manipulation. Silver Surfer has better feats.

If we're talking about DC's multiverse as a whole, I believe it was Lucifer and Michael who built it. I think, at most, Jon just messed with the timeline of New/Prime Earth.

Silver Surfer got fucked by Black Panther.

Only the reader can beat the Empty Hand.

did jon say this or did someone else? i couldve sworn it was in a convo about whether or not he could do it and someone says" even jon cant stop them all" or something along those lines.

Which is why it will never be stopped.

Said by John, and

This.

Let's think about the conversation:

USA: What happens if there's a full scale nuclear exchange?

>DM: I can create duplicates of myself, teleport between planets, count every molecule that burns in a campfire; of fucking course I can shoot down 10,000 missiles.

>USA: Well hot damn what are we waiting for let's kick those commies' asses!

>DM: Oh right, human nature. I really don't feel like dealing with this shit. Good thing this only happened in my head.

Doctor Manhattan's Actual Response: Well I could get almost all of them but 10,000 is a lot of missiles to deal with in a few minutes; safe bet that some would get through.

Hey, that was him sandbagging to get info. Dwayne Mcduffie said so. Stop bringing up that stupid scene, dammit :_:

This is so dumb.

Doc M was never that powerful of a character. He just seemed like it due to being the only real super in his world.

At best, he's a low-tier Molecule Man - manipulating matter and energy.

His ability to perceive time beyond a simple straight line is the best thing he has.

What do you think Dr.Manhattan is trying to do? What's his motivation for dipping his hands into the DCU and why is the comedian's button there?

He's also omnipotent, can travel and transport matter anywhere in the world. He can create duplicates of himself all with the same mental capacities of the original and the ability to function on their own. He can be any size he wants to be. He can perceive time at the same speed the Flash can.

So empty hand is invincible until he attacks because then he'd be part of the story?

Manhattan tries to find the point of life, more or less, understand human nature and so on.
A universe that captivates the imagination of everyone and keep persisting through time, even when destroyed, because people just love it that much would be worth studying/testing.

why not just kill himself sounds like his fucking problem

His motivation is Johns is a hack who needed an out so Barry Allen is not responsible for erasing Wally

Because he'll never find out, that way.

And only if he wants to. Even attacking he can simply go and say: "Nope, this shit is stupid or boring or both. I¡m outta here". Then he is not part of the narrative anymore and it's up to the reader to defeat him... by putting the book down and doing something else.

>should of

he 100% for certain created it. read more gentlemen, this has been a long time coming. you literally see him create the new 52 in the Before Watchmen comics.

Fuck off YHVH
Do we have to get a messiah to slap your shit again?

anyone has a list with the rebirth/button/watchmen crossover comics?
I want to read about dr manhattan messing with dc universe. I know that its in the flash, titans and batman comics.

Empty Hand is a duplicate of Dr. Manhattan that became corrupted like Mandrakk and Dr. Manhattan started messing with the DCU to make himself or them strong enough to face The Empty Hand and The Gentry.

>against
Dc Rebirth one shot
Dc rebirth flash one shot
First arc of titans rebirth
Superman reborn (action comics and superman)
The button (flash & batman)
Even in titans, they barely touched on it, they're making us wait for this story to unfold slowly

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!!!

CAN YOU EVEN BEGIN TO IMAGINE THE STAKES AND MASTERFUL SETUP IN HOW SNYDER IS GONNA TRANSLATE THIS MASTERPIECE TO THE DCAU !!!!????

I want to reread Watchmen because I hated it first go and want to see if my opinion would have changed at all. However, I've also wanted to read it in a storytime to see other people react and react myself, which nobody has done yet.