Luke's character "assassination"

Where were you when Sup Forums got BTFO by Reddit?
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/7l9m4c/spoilers_lets_talk_about_luke_skywalker/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StarWars
youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reddit.com/r/StarWars
literally owned by disney

fuck wypipo, don't you agree fellow redditor

tl;dr
and the tl;dr wasn't very informative
gay
you're also gay, OP

Dozens agree. DOZENS!

that guy is deluding himself because he and many others want to like the movie so badly. it's sad and stupid.

>not being able to actually refute it

Posting links to reddit should result in a permanent ban

>reading reddit posts

you HAVE to go back

You have to go back.

>After the movie ended my wife's son turned to me and asked, "So what did you think?" to which I replied, "I honestly don't know...". I knew immediately that I had to see the film again to get a better understanding of why I felt so conflicted and it was after that 2nd viewing when I realized exactly what Rian Johnson had done, and it's truly brilliant.

D E L U S I O N A L

>Just recently watched TLJ
I honestly don't get the character of Luke, especially when you compare him to the original trilogy:
1. Why would he leave a map to contact him, if he didn't want to be located?
2. Why did he decide to train Rey when his entire intention is to let the Jedi Order die with him, because he apparently believes the Jedi are no longer necessary.
3. Why does he even believe the Jedi are no longer necessary when it's obvious he knows about Snoke, how much of threat he his and his Order that are about to not only destroy the Republic, but everyone his personally knows, including his sister, his former war allies, and closest friends? I mean, really? If it wasn't for a stupid fluke that involved Finn, Rey, and Poe, Luke wouldn't be able to save the last remnants of the Last Resistance and Snoke would have conquered the galaxy by now due to his complacency.

This would have made some sense if Luke somehow lost his connection to the Force. And out of humiliation and weakness, cannot help the cause, even if he wanted to. But no, Luke just gave up. Even though he was literally the only one with Force abilities and the qualifications to stand up to the First Order.

TLJ was terrible. Apparently everyone in the Republic ins now weak, complacent, and just cowardly that the Resistance is all that is left that wants to fight for their freedom. All the rest aren't even bothering with the courtesy of messaging the Resistance for reinforcements, despite the fact that the Republic should still outnumber the First Order by a multitude.

These autists think they know better than Mark Hamill. Fucking embarrassing.

I'll say Luke is good in The Last Jedi.
BUT only if you admit Rey is a Mary Sue.

sorry, reddit. you're not wasting my time.

>Luke is a failure
>blows up the Death Star
>takes out an imperial walker on foot as just a padawan
>becomes a Jedi Knight with minuscule training a lot of it on his own despite starting as a teenager
>outsmarts the Hutt Cartel
>defeats Darth Vader
>defeats the Emperor at his own game saving his father's soul

Yeah no, I don't buy it. Leave it to plebbit to twist the facts to suit their narrative.

>At the end of the movie, Luke is left on a small rebel station, watching his friends jet off without him, probably because they’re tired of having to look out for him all the time.
lmao I'm not taking this nigga seriously.

It's more blatant shilling than delusion. "If you don't like the movie, pay to go and see it again, and then you'll like it, honestly. If that doesn't work, keep paying to see it again until you like it. You might need to buy some porg toys as well."

i barely skimmed that link and could tell he was a fag. but the fact is the story of TLJ worked, made perfect sense, and was realistic. it made me sad to see it but i understand completely why they did that. it's an adult take on it. maybe that's not warranted in the SW universe, maybe it should be good guys win. that's debatable. but as a movie it worked. i don't see how anyone could argue this much.

this
and this

everything you said sets up TLJ. he became a legend at a young age, he had his ultimate highs in life. he saved the galaxy. then real life came into the picture. he was too much of a rockstar. he made a mistake. that's the whole point of the movie and it's a very believable narrative.

>Doubling down of having no argument
Fucking newfags man

stay on reddit you suck fuck

>all these fucking shills saying it's better the second time around

BUY MORE TICKETS GOY

This

>then real life came into the picture.
fanfiction time?

Sup Forums btfo

>he was too much of a rockstar
yeah remember when ozzy osborne tried to kill that child because he thought he might be a bit dodgy when he was older?

>my wife's son
stopped reading right there

>reddit

I always love reading normie opinions on what they think Sup Forums is. He's not exactly wrong but I bet he's never even been here once.

wow in such denial

why is reddit so gay

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM

Luke saves Darth Vader's life because there was a tiny shred of hope in him and saves the galaxy yet he senses some darkness in kylo and contemplates fucking murdering him.

Star Wars isn’t real life, faggot. It’s supposed to have larger-than-life heroes, not edgy post-modernist deconstruction of archetypes

What happened to the Knights of Ren? They're implied former students of Luke himself, the only Elite Military Force users of Snoke mentioned, close allies to Kylo. They're kind of a big deal. But they didn't even make an appearance, not even one. They weren't even mentioned directly. What's their deal? Where are they when their leader and Kylo Ren are in some serious ventures?

>meeting him one last time

KEK, I just cannot believe this. This has to be some joke post.

>implying I will read a reddit shill post. At least copy and paste it here you faggot.

They'll be the B-plot of the next movie.

But if that's the case then I've wasted my life watching silly movies for children, and spent my life savings on porg merchandise for nothing!

but that statement applies to everyone. it sickens me to think they honestly believe they do no wrong. Everyone is horrible and people here realize that fact. thats the difference

Yes the faggot mods should get off their asses.

It's the people who never learned that they're not as smart as they thought they were as teenagers, so they meander into adult life utterly convinced they're very intelligent, which is worse than being a moron, since being that far up your own ass means you can't see anything but shit and you're convinced it smells like roses.

that was quite honestly the longest most stupidest thing ive ever read.
It can be summed up to lol Rian Johnson made Luke more real guys hes not really a hero everything he accomplished doesn't matter.
Anyone have any other saved images?

Reddit is literally the playground of every major corporation. Constant shilling everywhere you go. The Star Wars board is completely owned by Disney and you'll see the lengths these shills go to defend that trash movie.

>reminder you can only truly be moral once you come to accept the fact that you are capable of terrible and horrible acts

The real Luke Skywalker abandoned his training against his teacher's wishes and flung himself headfirst into a dangerous, life-threatening situation to save his friends. TLJ's Luke Skywalker gave up after failing once.

The real Luke Skywalker wanted nothing more than to join the Rebellion against the Empire and help save the galaxy. TLJ's Luke Skywalker isn't even willing to save his own sister until the plot demanded that he change his mind.

The real Luke Skywalker willingly went to the Emperor to try to save his father from the Dark Side. TLJ's Luke Skywalker considers killing his own nephew because he senses the Dark Side inside him.

The real Luke Skywalker was never a legend. Nobody is saying that. He failed time and time again. But TLJ misses the point that Luke Skywalker represents light. Instead, we got an old fart whose change in mind to become the Luke Skywalker we know and love seems an aberration to the character first presented in TLJ.

Personally, I would have been fine with his ending the Jedi if they had explored it a bit more and presented a new vision of the Force as a neutral power that can be used for good or evil, but instead we got not only a watered down version of Obi-Wan and the Jedi teachings, but an entirely unconvincing one at that.

>my wife will visit again to tell him to never lay a finger in me ever again

tfw she will make anal sex with chad while laughing at this dickless soyboy

>reddit

I saw the movie (got one hell of a migraine though)

it was only okay/10, too much blatant SJW/race-mixing pandering, even I rolled my eyes way too much at one point, my brother's probably the one freaking more about this since he's the Star Wars fanatic

>that post
Hi Dr. Peterson

Rey is a massive mary sue in TFA, but less of a mary sue in TLJ( luke does nothing but bitch her out about what an awful student she is) not to say she was completely fixed in TLJ. I also attribute her force power being just to the fact that she was picked at random as someone had to balance out Kylo's force power and that's the angle they're going with it saying there's equals and opposites. That said look at the throne room scene. Kylo takes on 3 guards almost easily, while Rey struggles with a single one. So clearly she only won in TFA because of kylo's injury.

>rockstar
He wasn't even a big deal after blowing up the first death star. Luke is a humble levelheaded fucking guy you asshole. You don't even get paid by Disney so stop it already.

Jake Skywalker

I wish mods had the stones to bring back word filter auto bans. If you even mention reddit or leddit or any other simple derivation, you get auto banned. Like how Sup Forums used to do with certain words or phrases.

Episode 6
>goes on a suicide mission to tell the second most evil person in the galaxy, the man responsible for the destruction of the jedi and the establishment of the galactic empire, that there is still some good in him
>throws down his lightsaber in the face of the most powerful sith lord in existence because he won't turn to evil

Episode 8
>attempts to murder the only son of his sister and his best friend after having a vague vision of what could potentially happen in the future
>gives up and wallows in a cave while everything he fought for is undone and his closest friend is killed
I'm not even that big into Star Wars and I feel insulted. Disney can do whatever the fuck they want with the franchise; I don't give a shit.

yeah because of his bravado.
oh shit really? thanks for filling me in, young boy.
he got that fucking medal. you don't want a medal? you're from Tattooine that medal is worth something.

>We sat and talked the whole night (mainly me just crying

That's way too long. Someone give me a summary

>Destroy death star ultimate high
Yeah i remember when he had the ultimate high in ESB right after he destroyed the deathstar. He was banging bitches left and right he stopped trying to improve as a jedi he completely gave up.
No wait that never happened he was constantly trying to improve on himself and went to yoda for guidance and training.

rofl wtf

>yeah because of his bravado.
If he had such bravado why wouldn't he think himself capable of saving anybody from the dark side like he did Darth Vader?

>ignoring the part where Luke was only an inch away from murdering Vader in cold blood

wow, it's almost as if you're doing exactly what the reddit post is accusing you of- ignoring the real Luke Skywalker in favor of the legend you put on a pedestal as a child

Disney was right and you were wrong.

Also, the force is female.

he was still fighting to destroy the empire in ESB and take on his daddy issues. he actually won in ROTJ. you're welcome for this update on the original trilogy.
because when you have achieved your peak in life, you think you know best. thus he had a moment of internal conflict which could not have been more spelled out. when you turn 18 please post here again

yeah exactly i watched the prequels before the original trilogies. I enjoyed all of them barring phantom menace. Whoever that was in TLJ was not the luke skywalker i watched.

>When Rey finds Luke she's expecting to find the great Jedi Master, but what she found was simply a flawed old man filled with regret. You could feel her disappointment because WE (the audience) were disappointed. We allowed ourselves to buy into the myth that was Luke Skywalker when we really should've been more focused on the man- a flawed hero right from the very beginning. And that was the genius behind Rian Johnson's story. He gave us the REAL Luke Skywalker- not the LEGENDARY Luke Skywalker we all expected.

More of this revisionist 'Luke was always a little bitch' sentiment that's been going around in a feeble attempt to defend the sequel trilogy since the beginning.

>my wifes son
This has got to be a shit post

>middle of a fight
>in cold blood
English a second language for you, friend?

I can almost forgive them for destroyingn Starwars forever for the sheer quality of bantz and memes we have salvaged from the disaster.

But naw, Starwars is dead

>my wifes son

Its all you need to know. What did you expect to come of reddit?

It’s almost like someone intentionally made a shitpost on plebbit and then posted about it here on Sup Forums. HMMMM, REALLY MAKES YOU THINK.
Seriously fuck OP

Spends most of that fight hiding from vader because he didn't want to kill his father.
Is forced to fight back when vader threatens leia. throws down his light saber when vader is disarmed.
I don't know user seems on point

Not entirely true, but at least on Sup Forums you can talk more freely without being 'downvoted' into oblivion. And if you say cringe-worthy cheesy normie shit you'll usually be made fun of and torn apart.

He cuts off Vader's arm and holds his lightsaber an inch away from his throat

But under your completely in-character characterisation of Luke as an arrogant twat he would surely have thought
>yeah it's me Luke Skywalker the guy who saved the galaxy and brought Darth Vader back from the dark side, so what if this kid's a little evil, I'm Luke fucking Skywalker, I can save him
instead of
>oh shit the kid looks a bit evil better fucking murder him with my lightsaber, wait ah maybe not lmao

>luke does nothing but bitch her out about what an awful student she is

kek nice head canon retard. didnt even bother with the rest of your post. he was nanoyed she was there, he never thought she was a bad student. if anything she scared him cuz of how powerful she was. stop being an idiot

I really don't like this. Did everyone always hate the original trilogy? Where does the whole Star Wars hype even come from if everyone is so eager to shit all over the original movies?

>I WANT MOAR STAR WARS
>I HATE NEW STAR WARS
man as dumbfuck as reddit is, Sup Forums is just dumb in a different way.

He didn't actually say "wife's son," he just referred to his wife.

But how would advertisers shill on here? You'd have stormfront Nazis getting banned and Hiroshimanagasaki can't do that because he'd lose out on his precious Yen.

>kek nice head canon retard. didnt even bother with the rest of your post. he was nanoyed she was there, he never thought she was a bad student.
You're an idiot, the first lesson he says "You went straight to the dark side, you didn't even try." I don't know what kind of retard you are that you think that is praising her as a quality student.

Eh. Luke was never the main draw for me, though.
It was the wars. In the stars.
And everyone else. And the movie making, special effects, cultural impact of it all.

Yeah. Luke was kindof a bitch.

nah he thought that for a second. it was fair enough to write it that way. he's a human being. you're really splitting hairs. if i had written it personally i would have done everything differently but i don't know if it would have been any better. if you're being genuine i think once this sets in for you you'll appreciate it.

But it doesn't make any sense. There is no difference between "real" and "legend"

This plebbit post is just a fanboy rationalizing his favorite franchise being ripped apart in front of him for no good reason so he projects the need to move on to others. Its pretensions garbage.

I think the mods are actually reddit

guys we need more troops to help out on reddit to ensure that star wars gets vote manipulated. calling all hackers!!
i have 1300 accounts and a russian hacker's script that upvotes anything negative about star wars, and down votes anything positive.
Remember to also head over to RT and DOWNVOTE.

Deus vult 1488 hail victory, my alt right brethren

>It was the wars. In the stars.

>Redditors aren't even hiding it anymore

This is fucking stupid. Luke wasn't a marry sue like Rey, so yes he failed, he trained, he learned from failures, he had many heroic moments he blew up the death star, he defeated his father in combat, but also lost to his father, got imprisoned by Jabba.

But this doesn't have anything to do with anything

Luke as a character

>never abandoned his friends and family
>never gave up hope
>found the good in the worst people and drew it out
>jesus like self sacrifice

This is drivel

yea, she wasnt a mary sue in this film because of one line uttered by luke. He definitely " luke does nothing but bitch her out about what an awful student she is" the whole film due to that one line. tell us more of your retardation

>a statement that was never uttered until people began to call out Rey for being the infallible unbeatable Mary Sue master of everything Star Wars

please google what cold blood means before you embarrass yourself further

>lay a finger IN me
>not ON me like that cuck said
truly ebin user, your work, be it intentional or subconscious, is much appreciated

>luke sees a vision that kylo might turn to the dark side
>tries to murder him
>luke sees muhrey sue literally reach out and commune with the dark side
>"she's the next hope for the jedi"

stop shilling

Ah fuck that, though.
Han was the badass.
Luke was the farmboy who larped with laser swords instead of getting the girl.

>"No matter how many female writers we threw at the script we just couldn't write a Luke that wasn't disappointing."

>being this desperate for upvotes

Not gonna take that bait shill