Reminder that strong female characters has always been a goal and theme of Star Wars

Reminder that strong female characters has always been a goal and theme of Star Wars.

You have no grounds.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fnRt_JEoBRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

at least leia was hot and not some mouth breather

Leia was also not a Mary Sue

Strong women are fine, and if you notice it, both in good movies and reality, strong women are often very masculine in their reactions and decision making. Just look at Leia!
The problem is the idealized feminist strong womyn, who couldn't be further from reality, and are just props for the leftist agenda. Extremely feminine women can't be leaders because they have too much agreeableness, while good leaders need low agreeableness and lots of conscientiousness.

There are no strong female characters in the new Star Wars movies, not even Jyn Erso, and I like her.

Reminder that mentioning good female characters doesn't make shit female characters good.

>jumps out of cover
>closes her eyes when she shoots
lol should have been immediately shot

Leia was awesome in the original trilogy. She had negative traits, was imperfect and grew to love Han and Luke despite being disappointed in their rescue attempt.

She wasn't a shitty commander who withholds information or a literal Mary Sue who needed a film to backtrack on her competency to fix her bad writing.

New Star Wars can't write a good female character. They can only write background features or incompetent people that can't grab remotes or command soldiers.

But Leia ended up in a slave outfit, so I suppose she wasn't a main character and just a male sex fantasy.

I literally have never seen a single person complain about having female characters in Star Wars. Really, it would have been so easy to make Rey likable, it's pathetic that Disney failed at something should have been very easy to achieve.

Boy I sure do love chocolate cake. A few weeks ago, my friends decided to tie me to a chair and force chocolate cake down my throat to the point of me gagging and choking. I begged them to stop, but since I enjoyed chocolate cake on occasion in the past, they figured more would be better. And if I wasn't in the mood for it, then what would be the harm in cramming it down my throat. So they kept cramming and shoving cake into my mouth until I could no longer hold my head up. I guess you could say I now no longer enjoy chocolate cake. Get it?

She was a lot more likable in TLJ, where her goal was working with stronger Jedi rather than being some force goddess.

pre-disney Leia wouldn't of blown Chewie off if Han had died

Mon Mothma was one of the crucial leaders of the Rebellion, always seeking a peaceful resolution for as long as it was possible, and far from masculine.

As OP said, always a goal and theme of Star Wars.

>peaceful resolution
>3 million killed in the death stars alone
Womyn are truly pathetic.

>"--roughly speaking."

Disney shills BTFO

Peaceful resolution doesn't mean no resistance whatsoever. They'd attack military targets, because that's what you do while fighting a war.

Leia in the OT is a believable strong female character.

Rey in the NT is not.

>that gif

Damn Leia was cool. She was such a brat.

Luke was a girl in the original star wars script.

and once she had real power she dismantles the military in some naive fantasy. which allowed a group of extremists to regroup the empire remnants and rebuild.

But this is new canon. They raped Han and Luke, they raped Mothma too.
Disregard that.

Yep. Leia actually stood in opposition to the idea. That being said, Mon Mothma was good at cooperating with former or surrendering Imperials, ensuring a peaceful transition of power.

Who knows though - maybe the New Republic would take a more active approach against the First Order if Mon Mothma had any influence over the situation at the time.

I thought she was a strong character, though Rogue One wasn't so much about strong characters as it was about sacrifice, so maybe it's easier to argue she wasn't.

Her motivation and attitude seems to change before and after Eadu. Maybe this is intentional; maybe it isn't but they seem like fundamentally distinct characters rather than the same character having experienced an awakening to reality.

I just noticed that Leia blinks while firing the laser pistol.
Which doesn't seem odd until you realize it's literally just a piece of plastic and there wouldn't be any blanks or anything to cause Carrie to blink without intending to.
Which suggests that Lucas (or at least Carrie) knew that people instinctively blink while firing weapons and need it trained out of them.
Which means she's doing it because her character would do it.
Neat.

Okay but what about the rest of the shitty flick?

The point was she wasn't a typical broad

you know they gave a gun to the girl character and let her shoot stormtroopers because in the 70s that passed for humor

Mary Sues diminish the meaningfulness of strong, female characters. A Mary Sue isn't a character; it's a "I beat everyone because reasons lol" plot convenience.

it wasn't mocking her, it was mocking luke. it was showing she had more experience in combat than him.

>it's literally just a piece of plastic and there wouldn't be any blanks or anything
The weapons in star wars were actually real-life guns with some bits added to look more sci-fi. And yes they were functional and loaded with blanks. The smoke you see rising from them is the real smoke caused by firing the blanks.

I think it was intentional, through the film she saw both someone who essentially raised her, and then her actual father, die. She was experiencing monumental grief that in a way broke her and fundamentally changed her. She no longer had any real human connections to the world, just an ideal to commit herself to.

>You have no grounds.

Except for the tripe storyline and forced social justice themes.

>you
>faggot
>checks out

>stormtroopers can't shoot shit
>she blinked once and kept moving, she didn't just stand there with her eyes closed
>if you're caught in a corner staying there until they run up to you is retarded, she did something bold but necessary in combat. fled cover to gain ground and safety
>returned fire and gained ground/new cover

Either way the way they wrote it is just a little bit too flimsy to pull it off. Seems stilted. I don't like pre-Eadu Jyn at all, she's too much of a quip-snarker.

ended up in a slave outfit and then used that to choke jabba to death.

>she's too much of a quip-snarker.

I didn't think it was too bad, but maybe that's because I've been numbed by Disney Marvel movies.

The reason I lost interest in Star Wars is there are no young and handsome like Han and Luke or Obiwan and Anakin. Disney ruined Star Wars for me.

100% true

1000000000000% true

Strong female characters are everywhere for decades. Cameron movies, tons of anime, tons of video games. The problem is today they shove them into movies just for political reasons and make them horrible written Mary sues.

Reminder, afterwards Lea doesnt carry a gun anymore and literally throws her hands up and does a cartoonish girly panic when they meet stormtroopers (right before Han chases them)

imagine
>New Republic maintains a strong fleet.
>New Republic allows Empire hold outs to have their own corner of the Galaxy.
>First Order is a secret society in Remnant. They're stirring shit up and threatening the peace.
>So a blue admiral leaks some information to the New Republic.
>Snoke is the head of the first order. styling himself a new darth sidious. but he is really just a sith fanboy who spent all his time reading holocrons.
>snoke feels out Ben Solo. Who has already fallen to the dark side and become the leader of the knights of ren. the knighs are different kind of dark side force order. snoke convinces Kylo that he can make him even more powerful like his grandfather.
>Kylo and his Knights make fast work of Remnant leaders, not our blue admiral and his group. then start on worlds not yet in the new Republic.
>New Republic can't do anything official and risk restarting the war. So they form Wraith Squadron. A group of old Rebel leaders, prisoners, mercs, and former Empire commandos. Wraith doesn't exist as far as anyone is concerned. if caught, they're some group of pathetic outer rim militia that calls it self the Resistance.
>Rey is actually Kylo's twin sister. taken by luke, mind wiped, given false memories, and dumped on a planet for safety. Kylo thinks he already killed her.
>luke has gone missing in his search for jedi holocrons.
>rey has a more difficult time through out episode 7. gets flashbacks of her real past.
>starkiller base is less ridiculous looking. No giant trench hundreds of miles deep and tens of thousands of miles long. no beam that splits in space. no beam that can be seen in real time across the galaxy. it just blows up Courscant. Forcing the Republic and the Navy to regroup at Mon Calamari world.
>Wraith squadron reports in the location of the base. while they go on a suicide mission to infiltrate and disable it. Han and Rey rally the Republic to action.
>republic navy shows up at starkiller.

I've always been ok with strong female characters in movie franchises like Terminator and Hunger Games because there were also movie franchises for me where I can watch young and handsome guys. What makes me rage now is that the young and handsome in my favorite movie franchises are being replaced with ugly and vagina. I hope Disneyland burns to the ground. Every single one of them.

so whats wrong with "strong female characters "

see

>tries to call in for reinforcements from Remnant but our blue admiral keeps Remnant's fleets in port.
>first order is getting beat. wraith squadron is almost done sabotaging the weapon. han and rey land and find Kylo. kylo kills han and gets badly injured.
>rey and kylo fight, but the destruction of the weapon and the losing space battle forces him to flee. finn, poe, leia and the survivors of wraith show up and evacuate with rey on the millenium falcon.
>back on Mon Cala, Rey has regained most of her memories and old personality. meditating she hears luke. rey, leia and chewie leave to find luke.
>movie ends with Kylo and his Knights. Kylo just says "things must change", and credits.

strong female character done properly.

strong female character by the modern left.

youtube.com/watch?v=fnRt_JEoBRU

The prequels had borderline communist messages but everyone on Sup Forums seems to love them. This alt-right meme needs to stop.

Shut the fuck up Disney.

it was borderline ex-hippie anti bush boomer liberalism and thats it

But Leia was actually a good character and the good things about her had nothing to do with being female. She was intelligent, self-sacrificing, able to think on her feet, politically savvy (for surviving in the imperial senate practically up until it's destruction), the fact that she was also an attractive woman is just something that adds to what's already a good character.

Rey is moderately attractive but demonstrates none of those traits, does nothing at all to earn her skills and powers (to the point where it's explicit that the universe has literally bestowed extra powers on her), all the has in common with Leia is the initially bitchy personality.

>everyone on Sup Forums seems to love them
>he fell for the redditors' memes

The NT are fucking garbage. All of them. Period. Anyone who says otherwise is a filthy, no-good contrarian who deserves to be shot on sight.