Haha

>TLJ 100M behind TFA by Wednesday

Delicious justice.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-box-office-600-million-1202647192/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I honestly can't believe all the disgusting shilling

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BREATHS IN
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I still can't believe this is real character, why pink hair?

>$16m
OH NO NO NO

OH NO NO NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>450.8 million USD

That's almost 1/2 a billion in the US only, and your only argument is that it hasn't topped TFA, literally the a movie that is a part of the same series? kek, you are a desperate motherfucker.

for the tumblr audience

It's massively underperforming.
Kiss you trilogy goodbye Rian, lmao

>yfw kathleen kennedy is ousted from Lucasfilm and disney brings george in to replace her

>justice league isn't a bomb it made hundreds of millions of dollars!!

You're right it wasn't a bomb. Not sure what argument you're trying to make.

DAMN! That shit is over $600 MILLION already! FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

So it beat the life time totals of Blade Runner 2049 in a single day. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

And it will beat the life time totals of Justice League by the end of the week! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

when TFA opened XMas was on a friday meaning a ton of people and kids were out of school/work that week.

i don't think it will make as much money as TFA because that was the first star wars movie in 15 years and every normie and their family went to see it but it's still obviously going to make a shitload of money, over a billion dollars easily. this weekend and next week is the real test because that's when everybody goes to see movies with their families.

why would they even promise him 3 movies when he hasnt even started writing part one?

>It's dropping more than Rogue One on every single day
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hubris.

This movie has no legs at all. This movie will gross less than Iron Man 3.

>Hahaha! I'll just ignore reality, and say it's flopping!

Dude, you're seriously suffering from brain rot. Fucking get out of your house and enjoy life.

Justice League as literally a flop through. This is underperforming. There's a big difference

>ridiculous name
I mean how ridiculous are we talking here?

This is pretty darn impressive for the third Star Wars movie in three years. It's probably going to do a billion dollars. That's crazy.

I, quite literally, said it's underperforming, not flopping, my lady. I know you don't understand what that means, but don't worry about it.
I can't wait to see the weekend drop! 60%+ here we come! LOL

variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-box-office-600-million-1202647192/

Are people on this board retarded or liars or both? Let's take a poll.

JUSTice league cost them 300 million to shoot though because of all the whedon reshoots and that's not even counting the marketing budget. it literally did have to make like $800 million worldwide to even start to turn a profit.

star wars is expensive as hell but not that expensive, plus they make most of their money in fucking licensing and merchandise anyway.

They're just raging because their review bombing campaign didn't work.

There's early reports of it underperforming for Thursday as well, despite the fact that kids are now off school. China isn't going to save this movie either. Unless it somehow picks up a massive amount of steam over the Christmas weekend I'd bet money on it finishing its run around the $1.1-$1.2 billion mark, no higher. Disney were probably banking on closer to $1.8-$2 billion. Heads will roll internally for this.

>$16m
>OH NO NO NO

TFA made $38m on wednesday
more than twice

This. kek. You can tell it's getting to them because their posts are more and more salty as time goes on. They are absolutely seething at this point. I love it.

This grassroots, alt-right group of neo-nazis who definitely originated from Sup Forums call themselves "Down With Disney’s Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys"

I'm sure you are aware of the hundreds of Down With Disney’s Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys threads that have been made over the past few months as we organize this raid. The /DWDTFF/ movement has been really meaningful to Sup Forums and to Sup Forums as a whole.

If it's at $600 million now it'll pass $800m by the end of this weekend. It'll have an end gross of $1.3 - 1.5 billion

Kek. Ok, kid. Just keep repeating it. Plerase I beg you because the fastest way to insanity is to deny reality as fervently as you're doing now. lol

What's the point of damage control on Sup Forums? OR do you honestly don't understand what this means? Sensitive Joss Whedon was fukced when Avengers 2 made 200 million less domestically than 1. I don't think you understand how this works, and how fucked Rian and Kennedy are for this fuck up. At this rate, TLJ is on course to make 1.5 in the best case scenario, likely less. This is going to be at least 300 million short of what they expected.

TLJ had grossed $278m in the US so far, not $450m

Yep

It took Fate of the Furious two days to make what this film has in a week. Assuming you can read numbers and understand mathematical notation (a big assumption in your case, apparently), you can see the massive downward trend on TLJ's returns day-by-day, especially compared to TFA, R1 and even other blockbusters from this year.

kids aren't out of school yet where i live. i don't know where you live but since xmas eve and xmas are on a weekend kids only get next week and new years day off around here.

Give me a source on what numbers they were expecting for TLJ. It's obvious they weren't expecting it to make as much as TFA

I'm actually super interested in how it does this weekend from a "business of film" perspective. It will almost certainly gross a billion, but how much more beyond? Will it make enough less than TFA to piss Disney off?

I thought I saw something about it but I wasn't sure. That acronym does look familiar. Hopefully this isn't something long term.

lol, please continue. This is is such a good day! Reality is going to make you cry. lol

And only 98m was domestic. The majority of the Overseas cume was China

>Disney didn't even want TLJ to make as much money as TFA, sequels make less money all the time and everybody is okay with it
This is the worst, dumbest fucking talking point. I want you to tell your supervisor that.

>that author pic

OH NO NO NO AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

>he can't read numbers
>he doesn't understand movie economics
>he needs to samefag for YOUs

Oh by all means I will.

There's a new trend in box office returns for 2017 thanks to the domestic rollout of "discount Tuesday" schemes - major releases see a positive percentage uptick for Monday-Tuesday after the Sunday-Monday dropoff. Here's this year's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as an example.

>16 000 000
J U S T

No one expected TFA's numbers but delusional morons. And you are well aware no one but people that work for Disney have the official numbers.
It does not take a genius to look at the % drops from day to day and how fucking bad they are compared to TFA.

Why is it doing so well anons?

the empire strikes back didn't make as much as star wars and the attack of the clones didn't make as much as the phantom menace.

your assumption is false sequels usually make less money because they don't assume everybody that saw the first one liked it and wanted to see more or that a lot of new people would decide to see it without seeing the first one.

user that's purple

I hope your proud of you'reself, underage r/t_d Sup Forumsturds.

The Empire Strikes Back made more money than Star Wars in its initial theatrical run - $140 million versus $125 million.

Attack of the Clones suffered because it was a huge shitpile AND the movie preceeding it was a huge shitpile, is that really the standard you're trying to live up to?

By comparison, TFA - which was released before this became a widespread thing - saw an almost 7% dropoff for its first week Tuesday, followed by an anomalous slight positive increase on the Wednesday, an early indicator the film would have strong legs.

Sequels never do as much as the original, retard

>sequels usually make less money because they don't assume everybody that saw the first one liked it and wanted to see more or that a lot of new people would decide to see it without seeing the first one.
Name two successful franchises that aren't Star Wars where each sequel makes less money than the one before it

>your assumption is false sequels usually make less money because they don't assume everybody that saw the first one liked it and wanted to see more or that a lot
This is true, and is the best part. It won't be until IX that we see the true extent of the damage TLJ did.

They clearly knew that the second installment of each Star Wars trilogy makes less than the first

i literally can't understand the motivation behind this sort of post, aside from a disney paycheck. please enlighten me if you care to

again though the dates are more important here.

it increased on wednesday because everybody had off xmas eve and then the numbers kept doing really well.

if the last jedi does shitty on friday and saturday then i think you can make a case it's going to be a failure but the real test is the next few days because that is when everybody is off work and going to the movies with their families.

So it's about to pass the LTD of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

revenge of bunnyfu

I love how people keep shitposting this without ever citing non-Star Wars movies with underperfoming sequels that went on to be successful franchises

Rogue One had like 40 to 45 minutes of a good movie

i love how people are saying this movie is a failure already when it's still going to be playing in cinemas for another month and will probably end up taking in 1.5 billion dollars when all is said and done

Now if we look at The Last Jedi, it would be reasonable to expect a Tuesday upturn in takings similar to GotG Vol 2's 22% increase. Instead we see it fall further into the negative by 6%.

The coming weekend will make accurate prognostication of TLJ's final haul possible. If it falls off any more than 55% you can stick a fork in it - it's done.

>literal pink-haired potbellied goblin

kek! you should do likewise and pretend you aren't a rat faggot

>i love how people are saying this movie is a failure
Shitty strawman. We are laughing at much it's underperforming, it's just justice for many of us that disliked this piece of shit movie.
Of course, the bad news is that Disney will go super safe and JJ witl just remake RotJ and make another average forgettable movie. But at least it won't suck as much as TLJ.

I wouldn't disagree with this. Unlike TFA, TLJ has picked up some really toxic word-of-mouth, despite what the Hillshills in this thread would have you believe. It'll be interesting to see if that's enough to really put a dent in the brand.

>The coming weekend will make accurate prognostication of TLJ's final haul possible. If it falls off any more than 55% you can stick a fork in it - it's done.
You know it's 60% bro. You know it is.

>Disney want profit maximization
>TLJ is nowhere near what it could be making
You are retarded LMAO

Damn. I've never seen you kids so salty about the massive success of a kids movie.

>“The Force Awakens” cost $245 million and brought in $2.07 billion worldwide over its theatrical run, including $936.7 million in North America.

OH NONONONONONONONONONONONONO AHAHHAHHAAHHA

TLJ won't break half of that. Good luck mouseshills. You gonna need it.

I've never seen such aggressive shilling for a film.

So what's JewJew gonna do for his ROTJ throne room scene, considering TLJ already essentially had one AND he killed off their dime store Palpatine already?

Some sort of subconscious brainwashing that's been done over the course of their lifetime that causes them to perceive any attack on Disney/Marvel/Star Wars as a personal insult

will they ever hire people who actually like and understand star wars guys? it seems such an obvious thing to do...

also what must it be like for Lucas to have worked with KK for so many years and finally trust her with his most famous creation only for her to cannibalize it for the things that seemed important (that weren't) then shit all over everyrhing that remained (including all the good stuff)

rough

>Down With Disney’s Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys

Either a 16 year old having a lot of fun stringing a retard along or some serious countershilling attempt

>it'll pass $800m by the end of this weekend

nah

Clearly you weren't here for Ghostbusters 2016. Exactly the same thing for two weeks straight, probably even the same people.

Snoke will just literally come back. Or it will just be without Emperor. Kylo turns and his own people, plus Hux, turn on him. Kylo sacrifices himself to save Rey and dies in Rey's arms. The Rebel fleet is saved too! Celebration!

We wanted this movie to be good and it was REALLY BAD. Is that so hard to understand?

>will they ever hire people who actually like and understand star wars guys?
Well I mean, this means different things to different people.

I doubt Lucas expected much form KK. She seems like a behind the books producer more than anything else. I don't think she had much to do with the writing.

>The coming weekend will make accurate prognostication of TLJ's final haul possible. If it falls off any more than 55% you can stick a fork in it - it's done.

I also follow the box office. There's absolutely no way TLJ is making more than $80m this weekend, which would be a 64% drop. A more likely figure is $70m, which would be a 68% drop (BvS had a 69.1% drop in its second weekend).

it weirds me out dude. imagine the shit those folks could be convinced to go along with just by giving them some nebulous enemy to fight

>Snoke shows up in Episode IX
>no explanation, no details show about why he's not dead
>even though in TLJ he gets cut in half and we see his eyes rolled back and his tongue lolling out
>he's just back to normal and nobody says anything

>If you disagree with me, you're a shill

kek I can see this happening but they will have one throwaway line about "you can't kill true darkness" or something

It probably will

she's behind the whole feminist story committee (a bunch of white chicks in their 30s with no accomplishments of note or particular interest in star wars) that has to greenlight every idea the writers have i believe

On top of that foreign gross is terrible.

>if you disagree with my opinions over your facts I'm a shill
Pretty much yes.

rebbit doesn't think so m8

Yeah, but she's just doing that because someone convinced her this will be popular and work. She's to blame for the overall direction, but it's not like she knows what's going on on the individual level. She'll just go with whatever the marketing department tells her to do.

A 68% drop would be unthinkably bad, but there is some actual competition at the box office this time - Jumanji's had remarkably solid reviews and strong audience feedback so far, and Ferdinand might siphon off families with very young children. It's going to be fun waiting for the numbers to drop, that's for sure.

Haven't checked BOT recently, what are they saying about it?

It doesn't matter, shit gets released at different times in different places. People should care more about the Domestic and Foreign BO's separately

Did you really miss all the negative feedback? Did you take a look at youtube or twitter recently?

This movie will still make good money. But brand is fucked. It's BvS of Star Wars.

>Haven't checked BOT recently, what are they saying about it?

Generally $70m to $80m, except those few fanatical (and dumb) Star Wars fanboys that are expecting $100m+

Some people are saying it could be as low as $60m, but no way it's that low

Jumanji's only supposed to make $45 - 55 million in its first 6 days. Not much competition