Disney parks thread: please get avatar hype edition

Avatar Land aka Pandora media day previews took place today.

here are some highlights

satu'li canteen:
youtu.be/WGnbBkPh6Oo

General park area tour:
youtu.be/J7zEvWTmgYM
youtu.be/1NlDMgcb4is

Flight of passage ride queue no ride footage yet as disney asked everyone there not to film it:
youtu.be/EHiXcTl0PYo
youtu.be/eM8f47Igtu8

Navi river journey ride:
youtu.be/AZ6KTCDH4nE
youtu.be/w8ua3ko5uOw

The flight ride looks the most interesting. the river ride is pretty as fuck but the ride itself is god awful boring.

soft opens should start within the next couple weeks hopefully. Disney has confirmed that the Avatar Land opening date will happen on May 27th, 2017

any anons going to Florida anyrime soon? does this look like something to atleast check out or just completely pass it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_p4mn5BstQo
youtu.be/jqBnmpsIFrU
youtu.be/j_fSfs-VH2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/_p4mn5BstQo

Damn the animatronics is insane.

DUDE

10 YEAR OLD FILMS THAT FAIL TO QUICKLY ENOUGH CAPTURE THE LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE THAT IS THEIR POPULARITY

LMAO

how did this movie become popular? it's unimaginative and full of clichés, literally final fantasy for casuals.

Man they waited WAY too long to capitalize on this.

It's really more about being able to to visit the alien fantasy world than the movie plot. No different from visiting fantasy land, Animal Kingdom, Wizarding World, Toon Lagoon, etc.

In a world where the Star Trek reboot basically fucked itself by waiting four years for its first sequel, instead of two or three, I have no idea how Fox and James Cameron can seriously sit there and think there's going to be legs with this franchise.

Even outside of this, I can it fascinating that Avatar's cultural relevance is basically zero. It's the highest grossing movie ever. I feel like even people still talk about Titanic more.

didn't the harry potter world open a couple of years ago and it's entirely based on the movie from like 20 years ago?

I'm sure the area is going to be cool. They always put out top notch stuff, but still. Avatar?

They just released Fantastic Beasts last year.

guys plz understand the sequels are coming, no one has completely forgotten, and they will be just as popular as the first movie and gross another billions

just give me another 5 years and I will be done with the sequel i promise. i am not a hack

It was released at a time when there wasn't a lot of competition from other movies and during the winter where more people would have repeat viewings.

Most things that are popular are popular because of a lack of competition and coming out at the right time.

After reading the reviews for this on rotten tomatoes/imdb of all the normie fags who think this movie is 'deep' I really want to die.

>I feel like even people still talk about Titanic more.
That's because there are a lot of idiots who didn't know the Titanic was a real ship.

>how did this movie become popular?
The thing is, it didn't. The only thing this movie had was visuals, nothing more.

The last I heard Cameron's Avatar 2 now has a release date for 2020. But, who's gonna care at that point, the movie has no cultural relevance and isn't remembered all that much.

Go away Cameron

it was the the highest grossing movie ever because it was basically the rebirth of 3D films on cinema and everybody was hyped to try and put on the glasses not because it was a good movie.

>They just released Fantastic Beasts last year.
funny how it almost didn't got any relevance, there was zero advertisements in my local theater and I always thought Sup Forums would at least have some stealth threads about it but nothing happened, it's like it never happened

the original potter land in florida opened in 2010.

deathly hollows part 1 came out in 2010 part 2 in 2011.

universal were pretty much on the ball, granted they probablly did get the idea for a potter world in like 2008 or 09.

who is the fatso?

Harry Potter is still in the public consciousness and the people that first read Harry Potter, now have the money to spend for nostalgia.

The sequel might actually be good since Cameron is pretty much only good when making sequels to movies

Even i gotta admit this looks pretty damn cool

hagrid aka Robbie Coltrane

damnit fotgot vid
youtu.be/jqBnmpsIFrU

>they put pants on him

gift shop preview:
youtu.be/j_fSfs-VH2s

>they actually sell the hair and tails
>let the blue yiffening commence?

Will be going to WDW this June so i will be able to see this. From videos it does look pretty but as you said, seems uneventful. Will still check it out though.

Still believe this should of easily been Central/South America with rain forest, Mayan temples, and Andes mountain shit.

Well I know where the budget for the river ride went to. That animatronic is impressive.

Oh, we sure as hell better get Twi'lek twintails for Star Wars Land...

I highly doubt Disney would have allowed a 12 inch dick being shown on one of their animatronics. Which is a shame really, those blue guys are kinda hot and if anyone could have made a perfectly animated and lifelike dick of a Na'vi, it would be the Imagineers at Disney.

Do you have any more screenshots of those animatronics. But yeah, I'm with you, that does look pretty damn cool.

omg yes they wouldnt even be that hard for disney to make and they would sell tons.

fuck man as long as they had atleast 4 or 5 of the different skin colors i'd buy atleast 2

best case scenario. avatar land takes some heat off of Expedition everest and allows them to close the ride for a while so they can fix the yeti.

pls let little baby joe rohde be able to see the yeti move once again