Are the critics not ready for shadowrun kino?

are the critics not ready for shadowrun kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-netflix-debt-spending-20170729-story,amp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Netflix spent ninety million dollars, making this

>2017
>will smith

a subhuman monster cop, a nigger cop and Joel Edgerton

I really want to like Max Landis, I have no idea why but I do. I think it's the way he's comfortable criticising his peers and competitors when no one else will. Why can't he produce anything good?

>The film stars Will Smith as a Los Angeles Police Department police officer who teams up with an Orc rookie police officer
Orc? I thought he's a vampire especially with a title like Bright. I assumed it had something to do with vampires living together with humans. They really could've done a better job with the makeup to make him look like an orc.

Channel Zero is good though.

David Ayer rewrote his script though, that's why Max Landis doesn't seem to give a shit about this movie

>netflix will collapse in your lifetime

Is this finally the end of Max Landis?

Drug overdose when?

I bet its better than Last Jedi

>Written by Max Landis
>Directed by David Ayer
>Will Smith
Top kek

Max Landis talked all this shit on RLM.

What the fuck is this movie maxy boy?

Does John Landis have dirt on absolutely everyone in Hollywood? How can his shithead son possibly be getting work unless there are some favors being called in?

Source for that? I know Netflix pays way more than what they should sometimes, but did they seriously spend major movie production studio money on making this film?

What did they spend it on, Will Smith's paycheck?

>3.0+1.0 will NEVER come out in your lifetime

I watched it. The movie isn't...bad, but it's clear they paid Will Smith most of the budget. Honestly, if he'd just found a good actor that didn't cost so much, they could have spent more on world building, which is what the draw of these kinds of movies are.

Landis already has a sequel greenlit so I guess Will gets paid again.

>a gritty crime story set in modern day LA about a cop reluctantly paired with a non-human partner

Where have I heard this before?

Nepotism Landis strikes again.

How much sway does John Landis hold in Hollywood? How does he keep getting his son's sexual misconduct swept under the rug?

satanic trips.

does this release at midnight?

It could have been Shadowrun kino but it’s not. Even if the writing and plot weren’t terrible Will Smith ruins everything.

Hey! Quit bad-mouthing Max Landis' Star Wars!

>from the director of suicide squad

did anyone expect differently? it's such a horrible idea

This makes me feel sorry for him

>max landis

>a subhuman monster cop, a nigger cop
stop being so redundant

>what happens when you don't pay the right people.

>that smug satisfaction that you were part of one of the first class action lawsuits that won against Netflix
>tfw it was a shitty pay off

Why does Will Smith keep agreeing to all these shitty films one after the other? There was a time when his films would be fun to watch but now they're all just painful

more like john landis has friends in hw who dont blame him but the dude cant get work because of optics but theyre willing to look out for his kids

its the first netflix movie ive seen with heavy marketing on cable so i bet its something like
30 mil to Will
30 mil to ads
10 mil to cgi/effects
10 mil to ayer
5 mil to landis
5 mil to making a movie

I like Max Landis

>tfw you lose custody of your own kids to a big pot of chili

you mean john landis? becase max landis is seemingly ever fucking present in hollywood writing credits

This is probably not a good movie...but the reviews sound like retarded faggots that are crying about muh republicans while ignoring that 80% of David Ayer movies are like that and i don't think for one second he is even trying to be political in any significant way, he just loves cholos and gangbangers.

is he right?

>an experienced patrol officer teams up with a rookie on a seemingly routine day on the job, but is forced to confront an apocalyptic turn of events

Isn't this just the plot of Men In Black, only Will Smith is playing the J part instead of the K part this time?

Its shit so he actually did it

it's hard to believe a pro screenwriter would really throw a fit when a script he sells undergoes rewrites... literally every script does. every time he complains that they changed his script and that's why the movie is bad (and it would have been a masterpiece otherwise, believe me!) he just seems like an immature twat.

and if his last name wasn't landis badmouthing his own films before they've even come out would tank his career.

>There will never be a proper Shadowrun movie

This desu
I don't doubt that the movie probably sucks but it's been getting harder and harder to take the critics opinions at face value

Source for the budget dumbass
latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-netflix-debt-spending-20170729-story,amp.html