The last Jedi Damage Control

SPOILERS

Has anyone noticed the constant articles explaining why this movie was apparently good? I don't think it's working, fortunately.

But, a general google search seems to return a new positive review every 12 hours. These articles seem pretty nasty towards critics, often getting personal.

I was reading through some of the audience rotten tomatoes reviews too. For every 3 or 4 negative reviews, there is a positive review that doesn't argue against any of the problems people had, but also gets nasty, accusing the haters of being bigots.

Why is this the main argument against criticism?

Then I saw one audience review from someone who flipped the argument back.

They pointed out that it's actually the movie makers who are the bigots.

They perpetuated stereotypes with Finn as comic relief black guy, Poe as Hispanic hothead, which might fit with regards to ace pilots, but not with Poes original portrayal. Then there's purple hair admiral...

I was surprised, but a left leaning friend of mine didn't like her too. The audience reviewer also disliked her, but suggested that she was deliberately painted as a negative representation of feminism.

But that surely wasn't the directors intent! A hug from a main character we trust along with her suicide run tells us we are supposed to like her, but the delivery was wrong and the curtain fell away, revealing those two moments as cheap plot devices.

Adding insult to injury there, suddenly it clicks, that her illogical desire not to reveal any information is also just a plot device.

Her pointless silence caused her death and the death of others, but they ended up seeing her as a hero anyway.

Anyway, my point is, I think it's kind of funny that those fighting back are accusing complainers of being bigots, when clearly, the movie makers are bigots themselves. I think this might be a good way of arguing against them. It's kind of blatant this time.

Hollywood is racist.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzlIjKN9jVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's another "the liberals are the real fascists/racists/whatever" episode

No, I'm saying Hollywood is. There's a difference there. There's a difference between the wealthy, often 'liberal' minded celebrities of Hollywood and those who are a part of the General population.

The difference is that one has the opportunity to profit from their apparent stance. The other means well and wants to make a difference. I'm starting to wonder if viewing the left to right political stance as a line is correct, or maybe it's more like a circle.

Hypocrisy is a red flag to me. But when you see the apparrently progressive stance of the director in this film, despite the inconsistencies, when you see their heavy handed approach to try to sway opinion, it's just gotten me thinking.

who cares what you think

they are though. Like, not even joking lol.

Hmmm, well, to be honest, I was hoping some others might have felt the same and shared their insight on the matter. Maybe this topic might have been a little better suited to Sup Forums. I was umming and aahhhing between the two.

>limousine liberals don't exist

It's just, you don't hear as much anti Hollywood propaganda as you used to. This situation brings to my mind this cover by one of my favourite bands, Cog. I don't think Hollywood are nearly as clean as we think. Our celebrities are apparently 'heroes', but they have a lot to gain by taking progressive political stances, therefore they're not genuine.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzlIjKN9jVU

I agree. The "muh progressivist" they tried to cram into the story was heavy-handed and came off fake & patronizing.

I am more or less a liberal an I read occasionally the Guardian.
Their shilling for tlj is currently off-chart.
Mind it could be just the mediocrity of the contributors. Some feminazi columnist wrote an article slamming spamming 2049 and it was clear she is unable to think about a slightly more sophisticated movie.

Well I mean...yes, almost every historically notable authoritarian period has been a leftist...
Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao, Pol Pot, certainly all of the Central/South American dictators, practically every dictator not from the Middle East has been a leftist.

>Has anyone noticed the constant articles explaining why this movie was apparently good?
So overwhelmingly positive reviews = damage control?

What u expect. Its MSM. They are controlled.

Only white men are allowed to have character flaws

If you aren't on the meme hate bandwagon you're a shill. Seriously the amount of "LITERALLY WORST STAR WARS MOVIE EVER" YouTube videos is insane. The second-week drop is going to be huge because it's now fashionable to shit on the film.

2049 was also long winded empty trash, just like TLJ.

>TFW 95% of the budget for starwars films going forward will be spent on convincing the internet that their shitty movies are good.

They will also continue to double down on cramming as many women and minorities into leading roles so they can accuse viewers of not liking their films only because they are sexist or racist. Social justice truly is the gift that keeps giving to billion dollar corporations. (see: No more boarders TM.. and: college and college loans for everyone TM. and: We're all one race "the human race" TM.)

Right now according to Disney, the "alt-right" is "hacking" their movies reviews.

You are entitled to your shitty opinion.

Your opinions, like your life, are entirely based on wanting to fit in with your in-group, in this case /r9k/ dweebs who identify with Ryan Gosling.

when those with power start to lose it due to their own corruption and hypocrisy, they double-down on the bullshit. it happens anytime a corrupt group starts to fail. they're afraid of losing it but too stupid to figure out how they got it (and by they I mean their parents) in the first place.

The ugly truth is revealing itself to you user