Alright

Alright.

Humour me for a minute Sup Forums.

Lets say its revealed Pink Diamond is Lion. How do you think they are going to explain her being transformed into a gem monster?

She was shattered, and a small sliver of her gem formed into lion.

At least, that's my guess.

Also, I know its a largely rejected theory, but at this point I seriously believe that Lion actually IS Pink Diamond.

>When Lion warps at light speed, he goes through a diamond shaped tunnel with a Pink Diamond at the center.
>lion is obsessed with the colors blue and yellow(alluding to her love for BD and YD)
>Lion was found in the desert
>Pink Diamond's ship was also in the desert

Rose took the shards with her. Feeling guilty, she tried to rebuild PD using one of her lions as a base.

Rose collected every single fragment of the Diamond's gem and then tried to rebuild her but couldn't. The technology that will save the all corrupted gems will also be what saves Pink Diamond.

If this is the case, maybe Steven will be able to heal shattered gems and not just cracked ones if he collects all the pieces.

Lion was gem experiment, rose quartz was a zoo keeper that freed lion.

Lions in the desert was lions family or decendants.

Rose freed all the animals and started a revolution. Viva la revolution

Close.

Rose shattered her.
Rose, in a fit of ultimate guilt, tried her best to repair her (Something we've seen happen before, when Amethyst's gem got cracked)

However, the shatter was SO thorough, and Pink Diamond was SO distraught, the damage was irrepairable (like Centipedle).
And thus, Lion.

The ending of Steven and Connie's favourite book series is the female protagonist's bird companion turning into a man and the two of them getting married.
Steven loved that ending.
The ending of Steven Universe will be Lion turning into Pink Diamond and getting married to Steven. This will usher in peace between all human and gem kind.

agnostic about this theory. I think it would get a lot of flack. More than Uncle Andy potentially. Since Lion is male, people would be mad that going from female to male is part of a redemption arc for Pink Diamond.

am i the only one who sees a fat baby smiling on that picture?

Pretty sure those lions with Rose in the desert were just regular lions. Rose had an affinity for plant and animal life on earth.

Yeah, this seems like the most logical conclusion.

They also found Lion at the same place where they found that magic gem pillow that creates an entire castle automatically. That seems like the kind of luxury item a Diamond would have.

>>lion is obsessed with the colors blue and yellow(alluding to her love for BD and YD)
I can't remember an example of this from the top of my head, when has this happened?

I think you guys are forgetting that Bismuth herself said that Rose's sword was specifically designed not to shatter gems, only poof them.

Rose couldn't have shattered her.

Rose shattered pink diamond and used her shards for her organic/gem hyrbid experiments.

Lion is one of many examples of such experiments, the blue lizards it eats are as well, although it obviously doesn't use pink diamonds shards. Also Rose's flowers.

>People would be mad that Steven Tumblrverse has gender fluidity
Sup Forums maybe, but the actual fans of the show would love it.

Ship is in desert maybe that's their home?

Who says she used her sword to do it?

Literally fuck this theory.

>Rose's most well known weapon was designed not to kill people.
>Therefor its physically impossible that Rose ever killed anyone.

>Cops carry tasers.
>therefore cops are physically incapable of murdering anyone ever.

>Since Lion is male, people would be mad that going from female to male is part of a redemption arc for Pink Diamond.
I guarantee you nobody but maybe two or three tumbrlinas would look at it that way. They're not "people".

On that note I hate to be all 'Did you ASSUME someone's gender?', but we don't really definitely KNOW Lion is male, they just use male pronouns because it has a mane. And we know from Amethyst's shapeshifting that that doesn't mean shit.

What do you have against the theory? Genuine question here.

For the record, I'm not saying Rose shattered pink diamond so she could use her shards in her experiments, just that she did use them after the fact.

Well there's also the fact that she admantly refused to use any other means of lethal force but sure you could rationalize she went against her beliefs and killed PD like a huge hypocrite.

I like theory that those are experiments under pink diamond.

Rose takes care of them.

She shattered PD for using earth as her Frankenstein playground. Something tipped her over the edge.

>you could rationalize she went against her beliefs and killed PD like a huge hypocrite.

yes. yes we can. in fact thats basically exactly what the show is saying.

That only makes the whole Rose shatter theory that much more interesting

What would it take to get someone so staunchly anti-kill, to kill another of their kind? I think that's the point the show's building to, ultimately.
"Why did Rose become Steven" is one of the show's central questions, and "Self-imposed atonement" isn't a bad answer

wasnt there an image of Peri getting fucked by the amethyst lion

If lion is Pink Diamond, how come she didn't stop Jasper from misguidingly trying to avenge her murder and getting AIDS in the process? Does Pink Diamond not love her own baby?

That's one thing I'm waiting on. The motive. What could have possibly happened to get Rose who has a strict no kill rule to go against it herself...?
Well hopefully the next steven bomb will give us some real answers and not blue ball us for another fucking season.

When its revealed that PD is Lion, Jasper will begrudingly join the Crystal Gems out of loyalty for her original master.
screencap this post.

Assuming the theory is true that Lion is in some way a result of Pink Diamond gem fragments, then it probably doesn't have any memories or a fully sapient mind.

It's not capable of any thoughts more complex than a house cat, although it seems to be able to understand when spoken to

damaged gems turn into weird shit.

>sure you could rationalize she went against her beliefs and killed PD like a huge hypocrite.
I mean, isn't that sort of the whole crux of the "Rose shattered PD" revelation? That she DID go against her own beliefs, and raising the possibility that she may've been hypocritical? Isn't that literally what Stephen brings up in "Storm in the Room"?

It's obvious this season is going to end with the reveal that Rose either A) was put into a no-win situation where she couldn't just poof PD for whatever reason, or B) PD was VOLUNTARILY shattered as part of some experiment involving her fascination with Earth's life forms as suggests. The Zoo at the very least confirms she wasn't just a monomaniac who only saw Earth as a potential gem garden, so I think B is increasingly likely, and with Lion's backstory still a mystery...

Nooooo no no no no.

Seing Pink Diamond become horribly perverted into a subservient of Rose Quartz, AND be forced into the form of a disgusting earth creature will throw Jasper into a fit of rage, and she'll be the final boss of the series, or one of them.

Rose knew how to join herself with Steven thanks to her expirment with Lion

I think its more of a device used as Steven character development. Him doubting his mom's legacy as well as not listening to everything the CG's tell him is him coming of age and making his own decisions.

While what he has learned about Rose so far has made him question her as this benevolent and kind person, I think it's going to be revealed that she did not abandon her beliefs to achieve her goals after all.

I dunno, but I wish there were images of Peri getting fucked by the Amethyst Peri.

If lion is a PD hybrid, where is its gem?

Hidden in its mane perhaps?

Her gem shards are in Lion bloodstream.

Lion is the real Bloodstone

Rose did not shatter Pink Diamond, merely poofed her. Poofing a diamond was so unheard of that everyone witnessing it believed she had to be shattered.

Pink Diamond reformed on Earth just in time to be corrupted by The Weapon and become a lion-like monster with her gem inside her mane.

Rose recognized Pink Diamond and tried her best to uncorrupt her like Steven did with Centipeedle but only managed to tame her to the state we see today.

Based on what we know, I find it highly plausible to believe that Pink Diamond was probably not evil.

Look at the gems cultivated under her rule. Free spirited gems with lots of personality. Very different from the gems under Yellow and Pink diamond's court. And we all know by now that a Diamond's subjects are good reflection of their personality.

The Amethyst soldiers at the zoo all behaved like our Amehtyst despite coming out "normal". And even Rose, a quartz soldier was not at all serious in demeanor unlike blue diamonds gems.

>The Amethyst soldiers at the zoo all behaved like our Amehtyst despite coming out "normal"
I figured this was because they were also made in the kindergarten on Earth. Holly Blue Agate alluded to them being worthless/lucky to be put to use because of where they were made so I'm guessing they act differently than ones made on Gemworld

Still, they were under Pink Diamond's court. Which only further proves that her gems behaved much differently than homeworld gems.
The fact that PD saved humans and plant life from earth should raise some eyebrows that she was not like her sisters.

Have dis edit

Pearl shattered PD

Perhaps her sword was made after shattering PD in a "never again" vow

By who?
She poofed and bubbled Bismuth during the war and lied to everyone she died in battle. So the sword had to have been made prior to PD getting offed.

By Bismuth, PD was shattered at the start of the rebellion and Bis was bubbled toward the end

Pink Diamond should have been shattered before the war.

blumpkins