How come this doesn't look as nearly as good as Avengers?

How come this doesn't look as nearly as good as Avengers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7y1JhHvzZTM
youtube.com/watch?v=eOrNdBpGMv8
youtube.com/watch?v=OiAmnKUaNmc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyILB1cVS7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because WB is incompetent.

Because it's directed by someone who doesn't care about comics and cares more about his own shitty vision that isn't even that great anyways.

Because it's directed by Zack Snyder and set in Zack Snyder's DCEU.

Because an elephant never forgets.

More importantly why are they hiding Superman now? Is there really truth to the rumor he's going to be a brainwashed zombie for part of the movie?

Because DC has had a terrible track record with their properties so far and we know basically nothing about these characters.

More like he is waken up by the new gods, he fights flash and Lois is the key to make him himself again. Pretty cool. They are not hiding superman they just don't want to Fuck up like they did with the Doomsday trailer

he's probably going to be Steppenwolf's lackey for the majority of the film until the end when either Wondy, Batman or Lois brings him back to sanity and he kills Steppenwolf. Then they tease Darkseid at the end for JL 2.

See? This is why killing Sups was such a horrible idea. Makes JL predictable as hell.

Go rewatch Avengers dipshit

This looks like an actual film and not a ABC Family special

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOUR CULTURELESS SWINE PIGFUCK

Because Zack Snyder's never made a good movie.

Oh! We like Whedon again?

Calm down, user. Its just cartoons & comics.

Shut up

But why? We KNOW he's coming back at the end of BvS. Hell, he was even in ads already; now it just looks like they're shopping him out of stuff like

Because the important team up isn't Justice League, it's Batman and Superman. They already blew their load in the last movie, especially by adding Wonder Woman as well. Now it's not "your favorite DC superheroes for the first time on the same stage!" now it's an encore with a bunch of goobers nobody cares about.

Zack Snyder's Justice League isn't analogous to Avengers. It's analogous to Age of Ultron. Right down to adding a speedster and a robot guy to the team.

Youre completly fucking wrong!

ok.

Because WB is full of retards.

How can it look like a film if it's so dark we can't see anything?

Nigga Quicksilver is so slow he's not even the FIRST speedster named Quicksilver, that would be Max Mercury.

>Aquaman
Character no one except comic book fans are hype for
>Looks fantastic

>Flash & Cyborg
Characters we've never seen before, but loads o folks are stoked about
>Look awful

>Batman & WW
Popular Characters that seemed like they'd live up to expectations but have already REALLY disappointed fans
>Who fucking cares

>Superman
Get the fuck outta here

And?

Im about sick of the constantly feared Superman bullshit. We're going to be forced to sit through 3 hours of a half assed Darkseid teaser, and have Clark be this brainwashed wind-up toy for a good bit of it, all the while being fed horseshit on how Zack wasnt fucking retarded to kill him in BvS in the first place. Instead of World's Finest ended with a handshake, we got a slap fight with a twist no one is surprised by

It's not that it doesn't look as good as Avengers but rather it doesn't look as marketable.

Watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=7y1JhHvzZTM

You know I hope MOS 2 has another director that can clean the shit BvS left.

>Characters we've never seen before, but loads o folks are stoked about
Who the fuck is stoked for Cyborg?
Flash maybe given the show but even then people were going "who's that guy" in BvS and those in the know have too many things to compare him to now.

I wanna get the first (you) because I know that snyderfags can't pass up the bait and you'll soon be drowning in them.

Cause it look fucking spectacular and you;re an unimaginative pounce!

dawn of the dead
sucker punch

So Justice League is the first time Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman will be in the same movie at the same time?

If you mean it doesn't look as good, in that it seems like it will be a bad movie... well there's a lot of reasons for that which have been said again and again.

If you mean it doesn't *look* as good, like, aesthetically it doesn't look as good... you're just straight-up wrong. At least this looks like a movie.

Half of these guys havent even gotten a dedicated movie yet
Avengers at least managed to establish the heroes before joining them all in one movie, but this seems like a tremendously rushed mess

Precisely.

supes is a second tier character. It's why his movies don't sell any better than Doctor Strange, and that will continue to be the trend, because everybody basically realizes he's boring. There isn't going to be a day where Superman is back on top. He's only relevant in the same way somebody like Babe Ruth is. he was a big deal in the past, but that's about as far as it goes.

300 I'll give you. Only time a movie actually called for all his usual shenanigans.

DC is in an interesting place in that their headliners are big enough that I don't think they have to spend that time establishing the characters. The only characters people care about are Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Everybody knows the origins of the first two and the third is getting her movie before JL. Flash has his own TV show. Cyborg is just Robocop's origin; you barely need the length of the youtube clip in BvS to sell that. The only character that needs set up after that is Aquaman, and nobody gives a shit about Aquaman.

So in the sense that the heroes need to have their powers and origins introduced? They don't.

Moreover, in the sense that the audience needs to LIKE them to want to see them bounce off each other? It's too late for that with these versions anyway. It has been from the start. If you weren't on board for Man of Steel, BvS wasn't going to fix that, and so there's no reason to expect Justice League to.

>Blue and orange meme but now with muted colors, thanks gritty realism!
>Jumping off a car to attack

You sure showed us you fucking mongoloid.

If Superman is second tier than we're only in this for Batman and I'd just as soon stay home watch the Nolan movies again then. Or nothing, because I'm tired of Batman due to overexposure.

The colour palette is too fucking dark, they're all just standing there like lemons in a line-up, and not a single one of them has an emotion on their face that can't be described as "blank" or "scowl".

>How come this doesn't look as nearly as good as Avengers?

But Avengers looked like garbage.

compare this
youtube.com/watch?v=eOrNdBpGMv8

to this
youtube.com/watch?v=OiAmnKUaNmc

It's not that Supes sucks, it's that he often times has people who don't understand his appeal when writing about him ga goober.

>movies about people with magic powers is high art
2deep4me

Just admit it user
The Warner bros. execs royally screwed up

I hope this fails enough to get rebooted

Avengers looks like bright grey plastic and the justice league looks like they added a weird grey desaturation, darkened it up and lathered a bunch of soot snow and water all over it.

>Something is high art if it doesn't look like an ABC Family special

Sucker Punch is one of the worst movies ever made.

>Sucker punch
man I was so disappointed in that movie

desu i lika Acua Momoa and Flash, i think they look amazing

DC characters=overpowered dinosaurs from a bygone era

DC characters come from a time when people didn't care about making good characters just beings with powers, origins, and costumes that seemed neato. Stan Lee came along with Marvel comics and was able to learn from their past mistakes and make better characters that can be better adapted for tv and movies and be
able to more easily create good stories, comics, movies, and tv shows.

Luckily, many DC characters will enter the public domain in the coming couple decades so Marvel can adapt the characters and make some good comics and movies.

They lack the people to adapt the stories of the characters into different kinds of film. Batman did well as a crime thriller with a theatrical ninja vigilante. Superman would do well with an old school scifi bend. Many of the others are detective stories, adventure movies, or period pieces(SGT Rock). But no one wants to step away from Watchmen, Sin City(to a lesser extent), and the Dark Knight's shadows. The tone has to be exactly as poe-faced and dark as those movies or they'll feel as "silly" as the TV shows are to people who don't get how they are luring and keeping their audiences season after season.

>More importantly why are they hiding Superman now?

Because people bitched and moan when BvS spoiled too much in it's trailers. Seriously not showing Supes is a good thing. Save it for the movie. Something Civil War should have did with Spiderman.

Because it does

These.

The other two are arguable, but Sucker Punch is a legitimately terrible movie. "Terrible," barely describes it, actually.

That's not a spoiler though! The genie is already out of the bottle.

Still it makes the viewing experience more special. Just hint at Superman in the trailers like Fox did with Wolverine in X-men apocalypse.

I am. Full gear cyborg looks based.

You have to go back Sup Forums

I can't wait for the League doing battle with the forces of Apokolips in glorious Snydervision.

Shut up edgy faggot.

because it's trying to copy the Avengers.

>what's your super power again?
>I'm rich XD

Superman is top tier faggot. If your are still with the boring meme, go back to YouTube where casuals belong.

>Because people bitched and moan when BvS spoiled too much in it's trailers
it's not bitching and moaning, it's a valid complaint.
Watching the movie was pointless since the entire concept, Batman VERSUS Superman, was shown to end with both of them unharmed and teaming up against a common foe. Also the foe is revealed.
And shown to be part of Lex's plan.

Really the only twist not shown was
>MARTHA!

>realizing Superman has been worn out as a character by being passed around between more writers than a plastic dixie cup at a frat party makes you edgy
Do you even know what that word means?

It's still too late for that man. They already put out Justice League ads with Superman standing among them. Just because they shopped him out doesn't mean people are gonna forget.

Because DC set off to do something different, starting with Nolan's work on Batman. When Snyder stepped in and gave us MoS, it split everyone; some loved it, some hated it. BvS continued this tradition of driving both sides further apart.

But a lot of people whined and were like "dis not liek muh mahvel movies booo XD", so they keep butchering things, as they did with Suicide Squad and now Justice League.

what's wrong with sucker punch, I avoided it because it looked like sjw tumblr nonsense

Suckerpunch is a couple decent music videos trying to be a movie, the characters are shallow, the dialog is bad, and the visuals while decent the first time keep being reused

I'm hype for Cyborg. As well as the many people who watched both generations of the Teen Titans shows.

>Pic related
I can't wait until these POPs are out. As well as the other Cyborg merch coming

We A-List now boiiii

I don't think that's what Superman is going to even look like in the movie.

>Cyborg shilling
>funcopop shilling
How much are WB interns getting paid these days?

It feels like a bunch of disjointed ideas stuck together as a movie. Like Snyder wanted to make a serious movie about a girl in the earlier part of the 20th century being forced into a Bedlam house, but then decided to throw in a bunch of 'badass', nonsensical, over-the-top action sequences in there, then tried to make some sort of commentary about the oversexualization of women in Hollywood movies or something. It basically just doesn't really work. It feels like a kid trying to be deep but falling victim to his own need to shove fight scenes into everything or like a kid's very first written story. It's awful.

>le WB shill meme
I am a huge Cyborg fan.

>it's another Sup Forums inspired company wars thread

He's a cultural icon up there with Santa, Jesus and Dracula. People might know about him, but they'll know who he is. His movies and comics will generally make some money, but that doesn't mean they have a good chance of being universally praised or even, well liked.

Dracula is a great example comparison, it's not a series that makes money just because people know who the character is. There's a difference between saying everybody knows who it is, and everybody cares, and people who defend superman seem to enjoy confusing the two.

DC characters are only better known in the West due to having a head start. Marvel characters have been fundamentally constructed to be more amenable to being a part of great storytelling.

It's got 3 bad movies leading up to it.

>interns
>getting paid
what do you think this is, a fair and honest capitalist society?

Now that you bring it up, that jump looks ridiculous. That wasn't even a fucking jump, he is literally floating. What the hell.

...and terrible casting decisions

>Seriously not showing Supes is a good thing.

But they've already shown him. And now WB is pretending that they didn't.

Shit bait bruh

Not showing him the trailers is what I mean. They are not hiding Superman's appearance at all with showing Henry's on the set in pictures and videos. They are saving his actual appearance it so it will have more weight. Like I said, it's what Marvel should have done with Spiderman. Spiderman was was announced a year before the movie and if they saved his appearance it would have made his scenes more special.

I feel like they are doing this backwards, like, they should have hid Doomsday and Wonder Woman in the trailers for BvS and then BAM there they are, and you're pretty hyped because you had no fucking idea it was coming. Now, with JL, we know that Supes is coming back, there is no actual need to hide the fact as if it's supposed to be this big surprise for the audience. At the same time it will be cool to see him return again I hope regardless.

This. Avengers never looked good. The costumes, cinematography and fights looked terrible.

>kid's very first written story
It's also Snyder's first movie that was not an adaptation. So there.

Exactly. I suspect it really is one of Snyder's very first original works and it shows. The man clearly doesn't really know how to write and it's not like he's matured much as a writer.

> The man clearly doesn't really know how to write and it's not like he's matured much as a writer.

Sucker Punch has that extra layer of slime to it because all the underage schoolgirl rape shit is clearly Snyder's sexual fantasy but he tried to pretend that SP is some sort of deep feminist commentary being thrown back at the audience when it's just Snyder's personal spank bank.

Youve been told for so long that Marvel's way is the only way to do things that you now believe it. So now, anything unlike Marvel is now inherently bad for you.

isn't it more likely he saves the justice league after they've been btfo'd by steppenwolf

You know, what really annoys me is how they are trying to be every bit like the Avengers.

Assuming the rumors are true, you have a mind controlled hero who fights the main group for most of the movie, only to get along with them in time for the final battle. An army of faceless, disposable, guilt-free killable mooks under some cosmic conqueror's minion. Said minion is defeated and returns to his (yet unseen) master, whose appearance is hinted in a film to come.

Why use Darkseid when Marvel has been playing with Thanos for 7 years? Norms will just think they are copying Marvel again. Which they kinda are. Also,
>assemble
>unite

>Assuming the rumors are true, you have a mind controlled hero who fights the main group for most of the movie, only to get along with them in time for the final battle. An army of faceless, disposable, guilt-free killable mooks under some cosmic conqueror's minion. Said minion is defeated and returns to his (yet unseen) master, whose appearance is hinted in a film to come.

To be a little fair to the Marthaverse all that stuff was in STAS and its Darkseid episodes.

Then again all that means is I'm just going to be thinking about how much i like STAS when watching JL, because there's no way the Zack Attack will give us scenes as good as this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyILB1cVS7g

You forgot the use of the Mother Boxes as MacGuffins like the Infinity Stones, even though they've never been used in that way before.

The stupid thing is, even before WB stepped in and forced the movie to be more quippy like Marvel's movies, the basic plot outline was still the same, so they were always going to copy Marvel anyway. And hey, just look at the Wonder Woman movie. Did we really need a WW movie set during WW1? We all know they wanted to make their own CA:TFA.

They really should've just held off on Darkseid and the Fourth World stuff. I've been dying to see that shit on the big screen forever now but not like this. Absolutely not like this.

Sucker Punch was at least fappable. I loves me some Emily Browning.

Why does it look like he's wearing blue briefs over his blue suit? O-o That just look awkward with the textured suit.

Because it has become a rushed, copycat franchise. With a better studio and a better director, it could have been entertaining. As it is, the DC cinematic universe is just a runaway train to shitsville.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Admit it. If you had the glutes, you'd be wearing Captain America spandex.

i want ot put my babies inside her

>OP literally says "hook"
>people still take the bait

The helmet is what ruins it.